Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Virtual Infedelity

Page: 1 of 1
 El Sitherino
07-17-2003, 6:33 PM
I got bored and started thinking, is it cheating if you have cybersex or flirt with someone online? I mean, so many thoughts come into the equation. First it's not you really having sex with them, you can't see them, you aren't verbally talking. things like that. What do you think?

I personally think it's wrong just going online and doing it because it means that you probably won't have a problem of doing it in real life with someone other than your bf/gf or spouse.
 Tyrion
07-17-2003, 8:50 PM
I think it's wrong. It doesnt really matter if you arent doing it face to face(or body to body,as the case may be..) but you are doing it..and you are doing it with the intention of getting an orgasm( in most cases).
 Kain
07-18-2003, 4:33 AM
Its gross and wrong. Cybering is really just some fat guy with a mustard stain on his undersized shirt jerking off as some fat gal in a stretched-so-far-you-can-see-through shirt stirring her troth and sometime inbetween they type. so it cant be unfaithful because they're fat and single so it all works out in the end
 El Sitherino
07-18-2003, 8:43 PM
i'm talking about like people that are actually married and the like. i mean i know they exist because it happens quiet often. i wanna know your opinions.

I want to know where peoples principles end i don't care about who you think these people are i wanna know your opinions on the event itself.
 Dagobahn Eagle
07-19-2003, 1:47 AM
I got bored and started thinking, is it cheating if you have cybersex or flirt with someone online?
Yes.

Edit: Okay, seeing this is the Senate, I'll elaborate.

Byber-romances are more unproductive than productive. You know nothing about the person you're chatting with, no matter how well you think you know that person (except if you already know him/her from real life). And if you have a relationship, you have a relationship. Why's that so hard to get?
 mercatfat
07-19-2003, 2:01 AM
If someone is actually enough of a loser to have cybersex, chances are that no member of the opposite sex even walks on the same side of the street as them. If you're actually in a relationship and cyber someone else, you should get your ass kicked to the curb simply for being so pathetic.
 Thrackan Solo
07-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Not only is it morally wrong, but its also just sick. No matter if you can see the other person its still wrong.
 SkinWalker
07-19-2003, 2:01 PM
It doesn't really matter if the other person is in a "cyber" reality or over a phone chat line (these are popular too). In fact, it could be considered "cheating" if the other person were a co-worker that you decided to flirt with.

My reasoning: when you make a commitment to another (marriage, for instance), you make a commitment of honor. If you violate that commitment, then you violate your honor. It doesn't matter whether you actually, physically touched the other person.

What does matter is that you shared something intimate and personal with someone outside of the original commitment.

If the terms of your original commitment include these exceptions, then it is okay. Some people have that kind of relationship. For them, that's fine.

With my wife and I, I'm always amazed at the differences we see in the kind of trust we have for each other when compared to some of our other aquaintances. A commitment has to be built on the tenents of trust, respect and honor.

Some people are merely dishonorable.

Good topic, BTW.
 El Sitherino
07-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Yes.

Edit: Okay, seeing this is the Senate, I'll elaborate.

Byber-romances are more unproductive than productive. You know nothing about the person you're chatting with, no matter how well you think you know that person (except if you already know him/her from real life). And if you have a relationship, you have a relationship. Why's that so hard to get? it's not about getting it's called peoples principles. there's nothing to get when it comes to beliefs. there is no right or wrong unless the belief can damage someone physically or emotionally.

second i think it's wrong so noone jump and attack me. merfcat you need to be more ontopic with your post i asked you views and your principles on this not your judgement on the people. i wish people would answer the question it's not that hard either you think it's wrong or you don't. then go on to validate your principle. I believe it's wrong because it's just like real life may not involve physical touching or any of that but it's still the same. plus it could lead to a physical relationship. therefore it is morally wrong.
 Shotokan
07-21-2003, 5:24 AM
My reasoning: when you make a commitment to another (marriage, for instance), you make a commitment of honor. If you violate that commitment, then you violate your honor. It doesn't matter whether you actually, physically touched the other person.

Couldn't have said it better myself. CHEERS to you skinwalker.
 __CKY__
07-21-2003, 7:34 AM
Cybering is ****en gay how in the hell do you get ****en excitied enough to get an orgasm through little text messages I mean my god. Some people take this computer world to a point to far. just my opinion.

:cheers:
 Shotokan
07-21-2003, 8:08 AM
Technology... Look at what we've done to it...
 Kain
07-23-2003, 3:11 PM
okay, odds are if your married and you go and cyber, theres 2 reasons.

A: Your husband/wife cut you off, so you gotta find your own means.
B: Your husband/wife isn't what they were when you met.

So, in essence, it could be justified if someone fought for it long enough, but its still a disguisting act.
Page: 1 of 1