Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Expanded universe movie!

Page: 1 of 1
 Whimseyboy
07-11-2003, 12:07 AM
We need a expanded universe movie! After I read almost every comic and 12 books of the expanded universe I decided to email lucasfilms but I dont know there email so if I try to talk to them they might think about it.
:fett:
 wassup
07-11-2003, 2:48 AM
Um...probably not.

Maybe a TV series or something if Lucas approves and we get some look-alike actors, but right now, the Expanded Universe is so cluttered with different stories and such and such that it is way to hard to fit it ALL into movies. The way the EU is structured right now makes it hard for directors to incorporate an effective and attractive story.
 Redwing
07-11-2003, 2:48 AM
Uh. :D
 Darth Groovy
07-11-2003, 2:49 AM
Sure they will.:)

Hello, my name is Joan of Arc...
 swphreak
07-11-2003, 2:51 AM
As much as I love EU (I am the EU Master after all), I know they will never make an EU movie. Possibly a show, in fact, that Clone Wars animated show will technically be EU... since it's not the Movies.
 Boba Rhett
07-11-2003, 2:53 AM
Oh hell no.
 swphreak
07-11-2003, 2:55 AM
*Bashes Rhett along side the head with his really thick Star Wars Special Edition Expanded Universe Encyclopedia*
 Boba Rhett
07-11-2003, 9:34 AM
No. ****ing. Way.
 benTantilles
07-11-2003, 9:35 AM
i definitely won't stand for an eu movie without the original actors... i'd like something done along the lines of final fantasy, tho... the graphix were excellent...and hopefully, should another trilogy be planned, it'll be based around the thrawn trilogy so as to reconcile star wars plots with the public.

theforce.net is planning a virtual sequel, i believe, based on the lives of ben skywalker (luke's son) and his bro.
 Boba Rhett
07-11-2003, 9:38 AM
Gah. A totally cgi star wars movie would be even worse, though. The amount of cgi Lucas uses is already obscene enough.
 Lynk Former
07-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
Uh. :D

I think Pinkywing and Rhett say it best... so I'll just let them speak for me lol
 swphreak
07-11-2003, 2:39 PM
I wouldn't mind a CG movie like with the CG like "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within," or "Final Flight of the Osiris."

I can't imagine a movie with real people....
 Whimseyboy
07-11-2003, 9:17 PM
I agree that a real movie would be bogus but a cgi movie would be cool or maybe a animated movie or tv series but the tv series would be about 5 sessions long and a movie would be like the star trak movies not saying I like star trak or anything but It sounds cool.:ang2: :snipe1:
 benTantilles
07-12-2003, 9:02 AM
Gah. A totally cgi star wars movie would be even worse, though. The amount of cgi Lucas uses is already obscene enough.
no, what's obscene about lucas is his directing...a CGI movie would be great, and the characters would probably end up acting better than those in the prequels.
 Lynk Former
07-12-2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I can't imagine a movie with real people....

XD ahahahahahhahaha.... *turns on TV to a random movie* there ya go... a movie with real people...
 benTantilles
07-12-2003, 9:35 AM
those aren't real people....they're actors.

(which can be interpreted in many different ways...)
 Lynk Former
07-12-2003, 9:38 AM
*switches channel onto Australian Big Brother* there... listen, CGI is great and all and Flight of the Osiris was kewl. But still I'd rahter have real people... only place where I want voice actors doing all the work is in animated shows.
 CCKieran
07-30-2003, 10:13 AM
I agree with benTantilles and Whimseyboy

CG EU movie would be good..... if it was well done. The Osiris was extremely well done, which shows that an SW CG movie could be done to that standard.
Drawn animation though..... <shudders>

Besides, I wanna see more lightsaber duels and space battles involving X-Wings and TIEs.
 pleto4_ryan
07-31-2003, 6:48 PM
As i wasn't able to read much of the expanted universe a film would be great idea...:p

CGI a better idea than actors :D
 Lord Koulsar
08-14-2003, 9:05 AM
I think maybe a cgi film of the thrawn and\or Jedi Academy trilogies would be exqisite but have fun convinceing lucasfilm to do it and it would take way too much time and money for almost anyone else to do. what is wrong with CGI?

Mtfbwy, Lord Koulsar
 benTantilles
08-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Mtfbwy
gesundheit. :D

anyway, yeah, my sentiments exactly about the unlikelyhood of lucasfilm doing an EU film. damn....the thrawn trilogy would make one great film series...
 jedispy
09-01-2003, 10:37 PM
I like EU a lot, however there is a lot of clutter in EU. There is always something about SW EU that just doesn't feel like it is worthy of the title Lucasfilm in my opinion. The best EU stories are anything written by T. Zahn. I also like Shadows of the Empire & Truce at Bakura. Other stories are good too, but they feel almost more like I'm reading a book by Bradbury, Asimov, or Roddenbery (Not that this is a bad thing. However it is just not Star Wars'ish enough for me.)

I think it would be a bad idea to make just any Star Wars EU story into a movie. One would have to carefully consider the toll on Star Wars' reputation (which was hurt when TPM came out. DEATH TO THE GUNGAN RACE!!!) However, there is but one EU title that I feel would make an AWESOME EU movie. That is Shadows of the Empire. Now listen to my reasoning before you judge:

*We get to see what happened between ESB & ROTJ, 2 canonical SW sources.
*We get to see Boba Fett in action. That's always a plus.
*We get to see more Vader in action, and lets face it, Darth Vader is the coolest damn bad guy....EVER!!!!!
*Harrison Ford adamantly said he would NEVER do another Star Wars movie. That's fine because Han Solo is frozen in carbonite in SOTE. No loss there.
*Animated CG film would rock. Like someone else said in this thread it could be done in the way that Final Fantasy was done. (Squaresoft would do a good job, but ILM has vastly improved their CG animation standards) They could still use all of the original cast (minus Ford of course). Heck...even a reprise voice role of James Earl Jones would so rock!!
*Dash Rendar is just plain cool.
*Prince Xizor is also really cool.
*It would be interesting to see George Lucas' twist on the matter.

Now if anyone from Lucasfilm reads this post (oh please God, oh please God, oh please!!!!!) then here is something that could be adapted into the SOTE storyline:
*Cameo appearance of Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand. Nothing real big and flashy, just a scene with her talking to Palpatine.

What does everyone else think?
 MasterTypoDemon
09-02-2003, 7:19 PM
Y'all are focusing on the EU that takes place during or right after TOT. How bout the stuff that happened before it?

Make a mini-series (like Band of Brothers) that takes place during the Mandalorian Wars, Sith Wars, Great Hyperspace Wars, or something like that. Or if it is going to be that short, make the Exur Kun War. Or what I always thought would make a great series is "Star Wars: War Journels". Once a week, we'd be taken into the life of a rebel or Imperial unit and the battles they fought in. Not all battles took place on the big screen. Maybe follow the Bothan spies as they steal the Death Star plans and get it back to Leia?
 JediNyt
09-03-2003, 1:16 AM
Theres gonna be a fan film soon about the Tydirium shuttle mission called "Tydirium". The previews kick ass!
 jedispy
09-10-2003, 3:26 AM
I still say a fully CG Shadows of the Empire movie would rock!!
 TheDemonSnake
09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
No way
 CCKieran
09-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by TheDemonSnake
No way

Why not?
 Re\/aN
09-24-2003, 5:35 PM
I'd like to see New Jedi Order series made into a TV show, for Sci-Fi Channel.
 Astrotoy7
09-29-2003, 2:33 PM
I love EU, and would love to see my fave novels make it to the screen, be it animated, CG or live action film... But I dont think its gonna happen. This is almost like the "Is/When is George Lucas making Epsiodes 7-9, like he said he would??!!" debate. SW is Lucas' baby, and he'd need the energy to do something post Ep3. He's approaching his 60's, still needs to get stuck into Indy 4, then do the OT DVDs, man - our poor GL will be nearly 70 by that time alone......

The fanfilms are fun though, some of them are just excellent, like duality, knightquest and broken allegiance.... For those who havent seen any head over to Theforce.net and go to the theater section....

Also,

fully CG Shadows of the Empire movie would rock!!
..It really is a haze now but I read an interview, where it was mentioned that the SOTE project wasn't dead...what this meant I don't know. I wish I had the specifics of the interview for you guys, but you could track it down somewhere at the force.net...

Probably just a pipe dream though...

Im happy with the games in the meantime, can you imagine how great games will become as computers, and consoles for that matter, evolve. Rebel Assault 2, way back when made me feel part of a EU movie experience....

MTFBWYA
 Jaden Quade
10-08-2003, 12:10 AM
If they made an Expanded universe movie, it wouldn't really be expanded universe now would it?

no EU movies!!! i like it the way it is...
 amadeus
10-08-2003, 7:23 PM
Really! There's too much potential for the movie to be bad. Then our images of EU would be forver ruined.
 Sing-er
10-16-2003, 7:23 PM
Did you hear about episode 7? It totoally goes against a ton of EU stuff.

In my opinion, if they made any stuff on the EU, they should be “The Truce at Bakura”, “The Courtship of Princess Leia” and “The New Rebellion” should be episodes 7, 8 and 9. The Young Jedi Knights should be a TV show and maybe even so the X-wing series. Question is, where would they air them?
 Sing-er
10-16-2003, 7:26 PM
Anyway, Jennifer Garner would be perfect for Mara Jade if she died her hair red.
 Lynk Former
10-17-2003, 1:00 AM
Oh no... make it stop!!
 Jaden Quade
10-21-2003, 12:11 PM
No...............way.................

:firehead
 Miko_lover
10-21-2003, 8:01 PM
Sing-er has a point. Those are very good ideas. Except maybe x-wing cuz I found that kind of boring...
 Jaden X
11-16-2003, 7:22 PM
Movies from the Dark Forces Series would ROCK!!!

At least the one from JK, JO and JA (it's been a long time since the Rancor appeared on the big screen...)...
 Skinkie
11-17-2003, 2:07 AM
Originally posted by Miko_lover
Sing-er has a point. Those are very good ideas. Except maybe x-wing cuz I found that kind of boring...

Blasphemy! The X-Wing series is the best!
Page: 1 of 1