Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Combat

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
06-23-2003, 10:14 PM
I rewatched the trailer and the movementsare so fast that they don't look like they can be controlled. Also how could u have all the cool moves they promise, i hope they don't turn out to be like tekkan tournament where u have to press a million buttons. Well does ne one have an idea of how this will work. I think that this game will end up in button smashing.
 Rassick
06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Well,

I imagine that you could get by with button-mashing.

If you take the time to learn all the moves, you'd be an unstoppable force (or Force) of nature. :D

BTW, I don't think I've posted here, in, like, a year. Heck, back then we were still warm in the glow of JK2! :)
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 12:20 AM
yeah i know u could get by with button smashing, but i don't want to. I want some skill to be involed with this game.
 acdcfanbill
06-24-2003, 12:26 AM
i find that there is still quite a lot of skill involved in JK2 they way it is. :D
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 12:30 AM
How?
 kusanagi
06-24-2003, 6:10 AM
personally i would like to see tekken style input, at least that requires more skill than what Jk2 have now - you actually have to PRESS those millions of buttons instead of just holding one mouse button :P

BTW do any 1 remeber the old game oni?? i've just played it again, and gotta say the controls are a lot better than JK2.....maybe LA shoulda hired Bungie instead of Raven.....
 HertogJan
06-24-2003, 6:44 AM
Originally posted by kusanagi
personally i would like to see tekken style input, at least that requires more skill than what Jk2 have now - you actually have to PRESS those millions of buttons instead of just holding one mouse button :P

BTW do any 1 remeber the old game oni?? i've just played it again, and gotta say the controls are a lot better than JK2.....maybe LA shoulda hired Bungie instead of Raven.....

Yeah let's make some arcade game :rolleyes: In JK2 you HAD to push different buttons in order to be most effective. Strafe + duck + mouse1 or duck + forward + mouse1... That's enough for me, although personally I'd like to see more 'moves'; that strikes will be more different from each other :)

And Oni was... well... very very arcade and NOT that much fun. And it didn't have lightsabers, right? A lightsaber is harder to 'balance' than a bunch of kicks 'n punches...
 kusanagi
06-24-2003, 12:18 PM
and why is lightsabers different to a bunch punch and kicks?? the same principles apply, each move is determined by its start up speed, vertical and horziontal range, movements (x,y,z axis etc), damage and recovery speed, if only RAVEN had spend the time to actually work on each move instead of repeating the same ones...

i agree that oni suxed... and yea i would like to c more moves as well, but not just 1 or 2, i would like to c 10-20 + new moves in JA

P.S. what da heck is dat yellow DFA??!! it is the wiredest looking move i've ever seen....
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 5:47 PM
Another thing that would make combat better is that if some way the game would teach u some new moves, like a tutorial.
 Rassick
06-24-2003, 6:50 PM
Well, you are in the Jedi Academy, and I don't see why they wouldn't hook you up with some "lessons" before your first mission. :D
Page: 1 of 1