Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV

Page: 3 of 8
 jokemaster
10-12-2003, 11:41 PM
"I'm sorry sir, I blew some dust into your computer accidently, I was checking for anything that might've been damaged."
 Writer
10-12-2003, 11:44 PM
"I see," Gary said, still not entirely sure he should believe David. He repeated his question. "How do you like my computer?"
 jokemaster
10-13-2003, 1:53 AM
"It's pretty good. Your hard drive has a lot of memory. Way more than mine, in any case."
 Writer
10-13-2003, 4:10 PM
"Are computers a hobby of yours?" Gary asks, moving over to where David is standing. "Your dad sure didn't teach you anything about them, did he? He's just a janitor."

He looked intensely into David's face.
 jokemaster
10-13-2003, 9:53 PM
"One of my Math teachers taught me about them. " This was not true, but close. David's science teacher had taught him.
 Writer
10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
"Your math teacher, huh?" Gary said smiling. "You sure about that?"

He looked straight into David's eyes and David began to wonder if he had been caught. Even so, he figured it best to play calm.
 jokemaster
10-14-2003, 11:44 PM
"Yeah, she guessed that computers would do a lot of math in the future."
 Writer
10-14-2003, 11:53 PM
"Let me show you why she's right," Gary said. He sat down at his computer and opened a program David had created. "Recognize this?"

The program had not yet been released.
 jokemaster
10-15-2003, 12:07 AM
"No." He said, noticing they had fixed a few things. "Is it in Beta stage" He added, purposefully asking if it was one stage forward than it really was.
 Writer
10-15-2003, 1:19 PM
Gary smiled, finally seeming to let David off the hook.

"Not yet," he said. "The guy who did the initial programming of it left. We haven't been able to find him so we haven't done much to finish it."
 jokemaster
10-15-2003, 8:22 PM
"Unexpected vacation?" He asked. "Or product theft?"
 Writer
10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
"You read about the product theft in the paper?" Gary questioned. He gestured to the program. This is one of the guys responsible."

He glared out the window and motioned to David that he could leave.

Meanwhile, Danielle had finished mowing the lawn and was going back to the van. She had gotten used to the crutches and the cast, but she would be glad when she could take them off. Unfortunately, the broken leg was not just part of her disguise so it would be a while.

As she was getting into the van, she overheard a gardener at the window of Gary's office talking to Gary through a window.

"The van has been sufficiently bugged," he said. "We've also put a tracker on it. If these three kids are the people you're looking for, we'll know it soon."
 jokemaster
10-15-2003, 10:51 PM
David left Gary's office, carrying his laptop under his arm. He met Danielle outside the van.
 Writer
10-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Before David could say anything, Danielle shushed him. She grabbed his computer and typed him a note.

The note said: The van is bugged. We'll have to talk like we are the kids of these janitors. We'll need them to know before they get in the van too otherwise we'll all be in big trouble.
 jokemaster
10-16-2003, 12:06 AM
David nodded
"DAAAD! I'M DONE WITH THE ROOM!" He yelled.
 Writer
10-16-2003, 12:20 PM
The janitor came out of the house, a questioning look on his face. Danielle motioned for him to come over to them. He read the note on the screen and his eyes widened.

"Tell Mom we'll be waiting in the van," Danielle said.
 jokemaster
10-16-2003, 8:26 PM
"Come on, that cast making you slower?" David asked, acting as Danielle's brother.
 Writer
10-16-2003, 9:58 PM
"Need I say this... DUH!" Danielle said.
 jokemaster
10-16-2003, 11:10 PM
"Just get in the van, I have a date at 5:00 and Dad gave me permission to leave early as long as I drop you off."
 Writer
10-18-2003, 12:19 AM
"You still going out with Amanda?" Danielle asked. "Or have you moved on to Erin?"

She was trying to make it sound like he had a whole list of girlfriends he was going through one by one and by the look on his face, it was working.
 jokemaster
10-18-2003, 12:22 AM
"Neiter, i'm on the market right now" Answered David truthfully.
 Writer
10-18-2003, 12:24 AM
"Blind date?" Danielle continued.
 jokemaster
10-18-2003, 12:30 AM
"And trust you to match me up with someone? What do I look dumb?"
 Writer
10-18-2003, 12:31 AM
"Yes," Danielle said laughing. She got in the van.
 jokemaster
10-18-2003, 2:04 AM
David drove until they reached the place where milo was waiting.
David wrote "take the van back to Gary's and take a taxi from there back here." And showed it to Danielle.
 Writer
10-18-2003, 1:22 PM
Danielle nodded and did what he asked.

"It's a good thing this van isn't a stick shift," she said as she got back in. "And that I didn't break my right leg."
 jokemaster
10-18-2003, 1:41 PM
David was in the restaurant and headed for Milo.
 Writer
10-27-2003, 5:10 PM
Danielle drove back to Gary's house in silence. Without a word, she got in the back seat and let the man drive back to the restarurant where David and Milo were waiting.

"It's been nice seeing you again, Mom and Dad," she said when she got out. They nodded happily.

"You take care of that leg of yours," the man said. "Don't go falling down stairs again and hurting our girl."

Danielle laughed. They were perfect when it came to playing along with this.

"I can make no garuntees," she replied, "but I'll try my best."

They said good bye and merrily went away. Danielle went into the restaurant and joined David and Milo.

"Any news yet?" she asked.
 jokemaster
10-27-2003, 9:13 PM
"His encryption's getting better and better. We haven't been able to crack the password.."
 Writer
10-28-2003, 12:01 AM
"Great," Danielle muttered. Milo smiled.

"It just means that he'll have further to fall," he said. "Once we get his password, he's through."

Then he turned to David.

"I'm sorry, but your friend at the hotel didn't make it," he said. He handed a newspaper to David. It claimed that his friend had been dealing with illegal items and had attempted to kill police. He had been shot.

"Gary's getting better at lying if the majority of people believe that," Danielle said.
 jokemaster
10-28-2003, 12:26 AM
"Oh no" Muttered David. "Oh God, it's my fault. He shot at them in self-defence, and now he'll be remembered as a murderer."
 Writer
10-28-2003, 12:34 AM
"David, get a grip," Danielle hissed. "The more likely story is that your friend wouldn't tell Gary where we went so they killed him. He probably didn't even shoot."

"Danielle is right," Milo said firmly. "Your friend probably didn't even have a gun in his hand."
 jokemaster
10-28-2003, 12:44 AM
"You're right" Said David. Suddenly the computer beeped, they had finally found the right password.
"I guess you get to do the honors" Said David to Danielle.
 Writer
02-28-2005, 6:47 PM
((Bumping this thread for the only two people who ever joined it:D ))

"Why me?" Danielle asked quietly. "Milo brought the company down the first time. Shouldn't he do it again?"

"Quiet," Milo suddenly ordered. "And keep your heads down."

They did as they were told, but Danielle asked, "What is it?"

"Lisa Callahan," Milo answered. Danielle remembered Lisa's name on the news concerning the Synapse project.

Lisa walked directly to Milo. She was holding a hand tightly to her right arm.

"I know that's you," she said. "Don't worry, I'm not working for Gary any more."

"I'm not ready to trust you, Lisa," Milo answered, staring at her. "You betrayed me two years ago. To my knowledge, there's nothing that will keep you from doing the same now."

"They're trying to kill me too," she said, pulling her hand away. There was a dark circle of blood and Danielle looked up just in time to see Lisa collapse.
 Curt-Man
03-01-2005, 2:36 PM
(( i want to join but i don't really want to read through alot of pages of stuff, so can i get the lowdown?))
 jokemaster
03-01-2005, 6:42 PM
David managed to catch her before she hit the ground and applied pressure to the wound.
"We gotta get her outta here." He said quietly.
((Question: Have you seen antitrust, Curt? ))
 Curt-Man
03-01-2005, 6:46 PM
((damnit, no i haven't but this thread sounds fun..))
 jokemaster
03-01-2005, 7:14 PM
((All right, do you want me to spoil it for you?

Here's the basic synopsis of the movie:
After graduating from Stanford, two idealistic computer whiz kids who are best friends are offered jobs at NURV, a giant Portland company with a driven boss, Gary Winston, on the verge of a world-linking satellite communication system. With support from his girlfriend Alice, Milo takes the job; Teddy says no and continues work on a media compression program he wants to make available free. Winston takes a person interest in Milo, whose genius can help NURV meet its launch date, and Milo responds with brilliance and long hours. When Teddy is murdered, One of Winston's offhand remark makes Milo suspicious, he decides to investigate Winston and NURV.

From there it becomes a 'who can you trust movie', with the girlfriend turning out to be working for Gary, Gary had Teddy killed because he was about to launch the same product before NURV, and he ain't the only one he's killed, Milo works with a coworker, Lisa Calighan, but when they confront Gary, it turns out Lisa is actually working for Gary, but Milo and a friend manage to put a video of everything Gary's done, using the same satelite system he killed Teddy for))
 Writer
03-02-2005, 6:57 AM
((It's a little late to be joining, but if you watch the movie, I guess it's ok. This is the sequel to the movie. Gary talked his way out of jail and has been given a second chance with NURV. Danielle Richardson and David Stern are friends of Milo Hoffman and both go to work for the new NURV. David is really there to keep an eye on Danielle and make sure Gary isn't playing against the rules again.

Since the start of the RPG, cameras have been placed in Gary's house and were monitored until Gary discovered them. His people are now chasing Danielle, David, and Milo. A new twist is the arrival of Lisa Calighan, a girl who used to work for Gary.))

Milo reached out and slid Lisa into the seat next to him, swearing under his breath. He sat there for a second and then stood.

"We don't know if she's lying or not," he said, "but we can't just let her bleed to death. Let's get a hotel room."
 Curt-Man
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
((so can i join then? if so here's my profile thinger

Name: John Karloyle
Appearance: Blue eyes, dark bonde hair, medium build, always wears black shooes and black pants, but the shirt always changes
Bio: Johngrew up as a smart kid and when he was introduced to computers he just became smarter, when he applied at NURV they accepted him easily, he works there, but rarely interacts with anyone, he is a very withdrawn person.))
 jokemaster
03-02-2005, 1:54 PM
((Guess so.))
David got in the driver's seat and drove them all to the hotel. When they arrived he draped a blanket over Lisa so people wouldn't notice a bleeding unconcious woman being carried up to a room.
 Writer
03-02-2005, 2:55 PM
Lisa regained consciousness in the hotel room and groaned. Danielle ordered David and Milo out of the room and hobbled over to the bed. (Remember, she has a broken leg right now)

"You're ok," Danielle said. "We'll help you."

She attended to Lisa's injury and gave her a new shirt.

"So who are you?" Lisa asked slowly. Danielle smiled.

"I'm Danielle Richardson," she said. "I'm a friend of Milo's. Call me Danni."

"And I guess you know who I am," Lisa sighed. "You probably aren't a fan of mine."

"Let me put it Milo's way," Danni said slowly, "we don't know if you're lying or not, but we can't just leave you to bleed to death."

"So what will it take for you to trust me?" Lisa asked. Danni shrugged.

"When you came to us, we were about to hack into Gary's computer," she said. "If you're still working with him, his computer will show record of it. If not, it won't."

"So are you going to do that soon?"

Danni shrugged. "I guess so. Let me call Milo and David back into the room."

She did so and all four of them gathered around the computer. Danni turned to David.

"Care to do the honors? Or should Milo?"
 jokemaster
03-02-2005, 6:59 PM
"I'll do it."
David typed in the password that they had found earlier and logged on. He immidiately went to work, directly to the employee files, under miscellanous, and looked for Lisa's name.
 Writer
03-03-2005, 5:13 AM
Records of Lisa's past work with NURV were still on file, but after the records of her arrest, nothing else could be found about her... until three days earlier. Apparently, Gary had ordered her killed. She had been smart enough to escape, but had been injured. Later that day, she'd been put in the paper as wanted.

"Gary will do anything to keep this information out of sight," Lisa said. "If we show this to anybody, Gary will say we created it to put him back in jail. It won't do any good unless..."

Her eyes suddenly sparkled and Danni caught what she was thinking of.

"We have to take his computer?" she said skeptically. Lisa nodded and shrugged.

"It shouldn't be that hard," she said. "All we have to do is change our appearances enough so he doesn't recognize us."

"We already tried that," Milo objected. "We think he recognized David anyway."

"Then we can get somebody else... somebody that Gary doesn't know," Lisa pressed. She turned to Danni and David. "Do you have any family members that kind of keep out of sight?"

Danni sighed and nodded. "My brother, Ryan."

"How old is he?" Lisa asked.

"25," Danni answered. Lisa nodded.

"Would he be willing to do anything we ask him to?"

"That's what I'm afraid of," Danni answered. "I think he will."

"Danni, please call him for us," Milo said. "We really need his help."
 Curt-Man
03-03-2005, 2:03 PM
John was headed back home when he saw some of his collegues carrying a bloody girl. John wasn't ever the curious-stalking type but ever since he laid eyes on danielle, he couldn't stop staring, so he got in his car and followed them to a hotel, it happened to be the hotel he was currently staying at. John walked straight in and up to the floor he saw them go to.
((sorry i have no other way to introduce myself in the story.))
 Writer
03-03-2005, 7:22 PM
((That's why I said it was a little late to be joining... I suppose it's the best entrance you can make right about now.))

Danni hesitated. "I don't know..." Her words trailed off into silence.

"Danni," Milo said quietly. "We really need his help."

"But what's his cover gonna be?" she wondered. "He has no good story for getting into Gary's house and taking his computer."

"I came up with a story that fooled Milo," Lisa offered helpfully. Milo shrugged.

"There's a problem with that," he said. "Gary has seen your work. He'd know if it was your scheme coming at him."

"I took a drama class back in high school," Danni said hesitantly. "I also have a friend who's a good writer. I think we could come up with something."

"Call your brother," Milo said. "And your friend. We'll need all the help we can get. This has to be perfect."

((Curt, I'm thinking you're Danni's friend who can write... if you don't want to be, just let me know.))
 jokemaster
03-03-2005, 8:18 PM
((Bloodied tarp, actually))
" But how do we get the damn thing out of there without his noticing? "
 Curt-Man
03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
((sounds good to me))
John sat down and pondered who could it be, and whay was she all bloody? he dismissed the thought and took out one of his old plays and read it over.
 Writer
03-07-2005, 8:40 PM
"The Grant sisters," Milo said suddenly. Danni frowned and stared at him.

"Don't get them involved," she said quietly. Milo shrugged.

"We're involving your brother," he said. "Why not Kelli and Lizza?"

"Who are they?" Lisa wondered. Danni sighed.

"Elizabeth and Kelli Grant are two girls who happen to live in a house with the most paranoid security system on the planet," she explained. "Their dad had an idea and started on it when a house robbery killed his wife. He worked himself to death on his own security system and his daughters completed it."

"Not only do they have the most paranoid security system around," Milo continued, "they can also bypass any security system. I guess it comes with being able to bypass their own."

"We could hide out there while Danni's brother and the Grants go in for Gary's computer," Lisa said thoughtfully. Milo nodded, but Danni shook her head.

"They have no connection to this mess," she objected. Milo shrugged.

"They will now," he said. "You call your writer friend now. When you're done, I'm calling the Grants."

Danni sighed and gave in. She called John's home, but there was no answer. With a sigh of irritation she tried his cell phone...

((Open ended for you, Curt.))
 jokemaster
03-07-2005, 8:59 PM
David finally realized who Danni was calling.
"Wait a sec, you're involving that creepy guy from work?"
Page: 3 of 8