Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Later Days, ScummBar

Page: 1 of 1
 jma
06-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi, all!

I've intentionally stayed out of the posting boards all these years. But I feel compelled to say something upon hearing of the end of the Scumm Bar web site. Whenever I wanted to know something about Monkey Island it's where I went.

I remember one time, while we were making Curse that we actually saw information about our game that the management hadn't told Larry and I about.

As we were making the game, there was a thread on the Scumm Bar about how we were making Curse of Monkey Island in something called "SCUMM 3D." So naturally, we added the "3D" mode in the menu options (which did nothing, because there was never anything called SCUMM 3D). So, in a way, the Scumm Bar contributed directly to our game.

Cheers to the Scumm Bar!

Sincerely,
Jonathan Ackley
Co-Project leader on "The Curse of Monkey Island"
 Thrik
06-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Haha! Brilliant. It's nice to see that the people behind the games visited the Scumm Bar religiously too. ;)
 telarium
06-15-2003, 1:04 AM
Damn you, Jonathan Ackley! If only you had joined in the conversation BEFORE the website died! :)

Nice to see you stop by, though.
 Kingzjester
06-15-2003, 1:15 AM
Maybe I should kill the Church of Tim a couple of times?
 Metallus
06-15-2003, 3:42 AM
Please.

Also, it's really nice to see some official-types poking around in here from time to time!
 Squinky
06-15-2003, 4:18 AM
I guess the last six years of your lives has been justified, eh guys?
 Gabez
06-15-2003, 11:18 AM
It's always cool to hear from the people behind the games... thanks for posting!

It's also interesting to hear about that SCUMM 3D thing. Well I never. :)
 RemiO
06-15-2003, 3:55 PM
TSB's legacy was to make up stuff to get attention from the game designers. ¬ ¬ I mean, no.

Thanks for stopping by, Jonathan!
 QueZTone
06-15-2003, 10:02 PM
coolness :) nice to see you stop by :)

thanks for the 3D anecdote :)
 Andi Wan
06-16-2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I guess the last six years of your lives has been justified, eh guys?
It's you isn't it Mystery/Gringo/Squinky.

Bastard!
 Squinky
06-16-2003, 3:59 PM
Alright you guys got me. I was Captain Mystery.

Seriously!

I swear.
Page: 1 of 1