Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

George W. Bush

Page: 2 of 3
 neo262
06-11-2003, 9:45 PM
I'll brb. Hope this doesn't go on much longer. Take em' on, Father Torque!
 The Count
06-11-2003, 9:47 PM
I hope this thread isn't locked by the time I get up but it probably will be, but I am right Geroge Bush is an ******* his foreign policy is an expansionist one, and FT you sir are the biggest Christian hypocrite ever.
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 9:47 PM
Hmmmm directly coated from the Bible

Originally coated in the Bible
Whoever hits someone and kills them shall be put to death

That is in Exodus 21 verse 12

So my point is proven DT, please dont argue on THIS subject anymore lets move onto something else unless you have something you really want to say.
 The Count
06-11-2003, 9:52 PM
You are forgetting "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and referal to the New Testament Turn the other cheek, the old testament is outdated.

Also what about Jesus dying for our sins so we could be redemmed?
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Darth Tyranus
You are forgetting "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and referal to the New Testament Turn the other cheek, the old testament is outdated.

It is still the Word of God

And in the new testamant it still states that if one hits and kills a person that the person will be put to death
 neo262
06-11-2003, 10:00 PM
DT, out of Luther's Small Catechism, it says under the 5th Commandment(You shall not murder) that lawful government, as God's servants, may execute criminals and fight just wars.
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by neo262
DT, out of Luther's Small Catechism, it says under the 5th Commandment(You shall not murder) that lawful government, as God's servants, may execute criminals and fight just wars.

Go neo262, its your birthday:p

Good Job man, I think we finally shut um down:)

Couldnt have done it with out ya;)
 neo262
06-11-2003, 10:07 PM
YEEEEHAW!!!! We did it!

Edit: maybe I can get a glowing name now! lol
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 10:10 PM
YEEEEHAW!!!! We did it!

Edit: maybe I can get a glowing name now! lol

Here have 50 points, and come to the FTF at the top of the screen, me and other donaters will make sure you get your glowy name;)
 neo262
06-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Alright! Thanks, FT!
 Captain Wilson
06-11-2003, 10:28 PM
well, that was an intresting threaed to read.
FT and neo, you could of gone with the teaching an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life.
by the way , how did i thread about GWB become a deep religous debate...:confused: oh well:p
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Captain Wilson
well, that was an intresting threaed to read.
FT and neo, you could of gone with the teaching an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life.
by the way , how did i thread about GWB become a deep religous debate...:confused: oh well:p

Hmm never thought of that Wilson, too bad you missed the debate, which side are you on lets hear your opinion:)
 neo262
06-11-2003, 10:43 PM
We don't need another religous debate... lol Although it was rather fun! :D
 Captain Wilson
06-11-2003, 10:53 PM
..someone asking for my opinion:eek:theres a first for everything;)
well on bush, i think hes big headed, aggorant and in most cases wrong. But he is a good leader, look at Uks primester, blair ((i come from UK)) hes worse. i feel that attacking iraq was right but for the wrong reasons.
on the god thing...i feel that for one god isnt nice at all. Jesus yes ..god no. Example, the great flood ((noahs ark)). he killed the whole human race bar one family as they didnt follow him. many examples of god sending his chosen people out on wars. But i feel events such as Sep 11th are tests of faith. In this day and age we neeed god more then we know.
on the death penalty, if someone gives them self the right to take a life, then they give some one the right to take there life. But as jesus said 'let him without sin cast the first stone'
and were is all this going to you ask

well nowhere i guess :D
 Thrackan Solo
06-11-2003, 11:08 PM

Not another Bush thread. TAKE IT TO THE SENATE!!!!:mad:
 neo262
06-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Torque and I could go on and on about this, but I really don't need another debate again today. But I have to tell you that Jesus(God the Son), God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit form a trinity, thus getting the name, the Trinity. Don't ask me to get into depth because it is EXTREMELY complicated and is beyond human understanding.
 El Sitherino
06-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Father Torque
Yes, but these people dont believe in God #1 becaus if they did they wouldnt do it (the crime), #2 All sins are crimes. And # 3, why are you guys feeling sad for Criminals, they commited sin and half of them dont believe in god which i said earlier, meaning theydont believe in Jesus which mean they dont ask for forgivness of sin. there you are wrong. 98% of all serial killers are devout religious people 94% of the killers are christian. 6% are assorted. they also chose to kill because god told them to. :). loving god. and whose to say they didn't actually hear god. it's the same possiblity as that they didn't hear god. so it's 50/50 chance they did hear god.
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Yes he is right right no more debating from us today, but maybe tommarow:p

And I was reading through the bible under the punsihement and command book in the Bible and I noticed that it mentioned a city called zion:D

Well, atleast you explained your views in an acceptable manner CW, thanks for that:) . I hate it when people start a debate off by saying all of this crud that makes no sense and is irr-relevant to the topic.

And IS, give me one piece of fact and I will start thinking about believing you, and also they arent christians if they sin so much they are put in jail, unless they ask for forgiveness, and only god and Jesus know, so for no dont through up wild numbers from the blue;) . Sorry for the beating IS, you're still my friend:)

Ooooh, and neo262, good point on the trinity thing I will explain tommarow if you dont have the chance, also My churches name is Holy Trinity.:D
 El Sitherino
06-11-2003, 11:30 PM
DT, one can always ask God for forgiveness and show fruits of his forgiveness. ok i'll go and kill your mother ask for god's forgiveness and all is good [/end hypothetical scenario]

also FT life can often be compared to a game. besides all games are based on life. if you live in a game with no cheats you could be in a real world. think of the matrix. the matrix was a program everyone lives in. well games are programs. couldn't you just live your life normally and consider oh i go to work that 100 shubblah points(whatever you wanna call it) all in all it's that life is a game because it's just here no real point. you get money from doing odd job's. where does the money go, random things(items), medicine(health potion), food(energy potion). i can compare life to an rpg, why? because all games are based off of real life.
 Father Torque
06-11-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
ok i'll go and kill your mother ask for god's forgiveness and all is good [/end hypothetical scenario]

also FT life can often be compared to a game. besides all games are based on life. if you live in a game with no cheats you could be in a real world. think of the matrix. the matrix was a program everyone lives in. well games are programs. couldn't you just live your life normally and consider oh i go to work that 100 shubblah points(whatever you wanna call it) all in all it's that life is a game because it's just here no real point. you get money from doing odd job's. where does the money go, random things(items), medicine(health potion), food(energy potion). i can compare life to an rpg, why? because all games are based off of real life.

Thats not what it means IS, it says in the bible, those who hit and kill someone will be put to death. But if you ask for forgivness to Jesus you will go to Heaven, even if you are prosicuted in life:)

And ill say it again, the world is not a game IS, all games arent based off of real life. Starcraft for example. Aliens dont exsist, like zerg people dont exsist. And the Matrix is Science FICTION .
 TheJackal
06-11-2003, 11:59 PM
I think God used September 11th as a revival of the Christian faith. God does not chastise us because we have chosen George W. Bush as President. He is a Christian, and we should be thankful because of that.

i hate to break it to you, but nobody elected Bush to be your president. He took the elections.

---

the problem is that the usa went into iraq under the flag of Weapons Of Mass Destruction. but since then it had found none. so instead the white house change the media public relations strategy to saying it was a regime change to liberate iraq.

the problem is the US media ate it up. they never questioned hard the government. If Canada or the UK did a thing like that, you'd be sure the media will hound them for the truth and clear answear.

I dont want to go over board saying that Bush sucks because I know some people respect him and I understand that. People are different, so political views are bound to be different. so dont shove your opinion into the face of those that dont desire it.

----

now for a little humour. There's a show in Canada called "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". Its basicly like the Daily Show but Canadian. Very populor. Master mind of the hit short clips "Talking to Americans".

Anyways, there's been some political turmoil here in Canada over a minister calling Bush a moron. Here's the reply from that show:

http://www.22minutes.com/realwrapper.php?target=apology_256.rm)

Its a joke. pure satire. Its on purpose that it is on the edge of insult. But thats the point!!! So take this with humour. if people complain I'll remove the link and I'll say I'm sorry for ever having a sence of humour.
 Lunatic Jedi
06-12-2003, 2:26 AM
I swear, if Bush gets another term, I'm just going to beat my head against the wall until I end up in a coma for the duration of his four-year reign of idiocy. I mean it. I couldn't take another four years with that simian simpleton in office.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, THE GUY ALMOST DIED CHOKING ON A PRETZEL! HOW RETARDED DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO PASS OUT WHILE CHOKING ON A PRETZEL?!

Well, I guess we can't let Curious George ( :p ) eat pretzels while watching SpongeBob anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I have to say that Bush is one of the worst presidents that our nation has ever had the misfortune of getting stuck with. Let's recap:

In a matter of three years, he's caused a terrorist incident that killed thousands of people (and I really do believe that it was his fault that it happened) and as a result, we've been dragged into two wars, both of which have had ulterior motives (oil, anyone?) and have subsequently lost the lives of hundreds American soldiers and the lives of countless civilians.

Here's a little factoid: in the war in Iraq, we killed more civilians that we did enemy soldiers. How lovely. :mad:

I just wish someone would make Bush understand that the blood of all those people, everyone killed in those wars, is on his hands. YOU HEAR ME, MONKEY-BRAIN?! YOUR HANDS! YOU KILLED THEM ALL! YOU KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT BUSH! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm really pissed off now. I need to go calm down.

*Stomps away*
 Kain
06-12-2003, 2:53 AM
Starcraft for example. Aliens dont exsist, like zerg people dont exsist. And the Matrix is Science FICTION .

Prove it. Prove aliens don't exist. Prove science fiction is fiction. Prove there is a God without following it through blind faith. YOU CAN'T!! All you have is a 2000 year old book full of contradictions and hypocracies saying there is a God. I can write a book, get a group of people to believe I am some kind of messiah and have them spread my word. Would I be a messiah? No, I'm just a jackass who told everyone I was. Am I some kind of God-son or a god's avatar? **** no, I'm a whiteboy from Toledo who just said I was. Does this make me right? In there minds I'm everything.
 TheJackal
06-12-2003, 3:59 AM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
I'm sorry, but I have to say that Bush is one of the worst presidents that our nation has ever had the misfortune of getting stuck with.

not really. Bill Clinton was exactly like Bush. He was as ignorant as Bush in internal policies. Ignore the cyanide level in the water, was the first president to not make the gas emition from polution law more hard on Detroit (in fact, at the rate at which things where heading, we'd be saving more than 50% the gas consumtion rate that we have right now) and the list goes one.

The difference between Bush and Clinton, is that Bill had charm and carisma. People LIKED him as a person, so he could get away with anything he wanted.
 Lunatic Jedi
06-12-2003, 4:14 AM
Hey, I did say ONE of the worst. :p
 The Count
06-12-2003, 5:44 AM
Actually Torque I went to bed, you didn't shut me up however, and if there is a forgiving God as you so state, then he would not condon murder of a criminal or innocent, you forget Christians believe in the sanctity of life for example when Jesus was being put to death He still asked God to forgive them not kill them, and in the garden of gethsemane he healed the soldiers wounded by Peter, in response to an eye for an eye, what about turn the other cheek didn't Jesus say that? He did so far you have wheedleed out this argument by ignoring all of my points where I have proved you wrong.

Also Jesus stated "let he without sin cast the first stone" and that was a response a woman who commited a crime.

Anyway back to the topic this is a political debate not a theological one, if you want to argue about God, go and make another thread however this is about George W. Bush and the crimes he's commited against humanity (he claims to be a Christian but he is the most un Christian person ever) and only red neck right wing pea brains such as yourself support him.
 The Count
06-12-2003, 5:49 AM
Thank You Lunatic, atleast all Americans aren't like FT, God fearing right wingers, but he's only 13 so I doubt he has a clue about politics, he even justified why priests have the desire to rape little kids.

Also FT those criminals should not have been put to death, rather rehabilitated, because isn't Jesus all about REDEMPTION how he saved man kind from sin. Jesus taught to love thy neighbour and was all about redemption.

and 2 wrongs don't make a right.

If a criminal kills a girl, it is not justified in the killing of the criminal, rather to rehabilitate him.
 Breton
06-12-2003, 5:56 AM
Meesa back :)

Alright, about religion: Imagine there is a person, a really kind person, who works to help the poor and suffering, and gives all her money to charity. He/she has many children, whom he/she loves very highly. He/she respects everyone, and constantly participate in making the world a better place for us all. Yet, he/she does not believe in God.

So, according to christianity, this kind and loving person is doomed to eternal torture in hell? How can you respect such a religion?

God or no God, I am no sinner just because I am logical.
 Nute Gunray
06-12-2003, 6:08 AM
I read not even four whole posts in this thread before I determined that you're all imbeciles that have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. None of you have any clue concerning geopolitics or religion.

FUNFACT: Jesus was a religious hardliner. He endorsed the death penalty. If Jesus/God did not see the capital punishment as a legitimate tool of the state, Jesus would have died another way. Not to mention, "live by the sword, die by the sword" is a warning. You live a violent life, you will meet a violent end.

In a matter of three years, he's caused a terrorist incident that killed thousands of people (and I really do believe that it was his fault that it happened) and as a result, we've been dragged into two wars, both of which have had ulterior motives (oil, anyone?) and have subsequently lost the lives of hundreds American soldiers and the lives of countless civilians.

Here's a little factoid: in the war in Iraq, we killed more civilians that we did enemy soldiers. How lovely.

Perhaps if you read actual information, you'd see that this is a steaming load of ****.

1) Bush didn't cause anything. Clinton failed to adequately take down bin Laden's organization several times in the late 90s, following the twin embassy bombings and the USS Cole bombing.

2) Using oil as a 'cause' of GWII is as stupid beyond all imagination. LOL BUSH IS AN OILMAN LOL This betrays all economic logic imaginable. Why would an increase in supply be a good thing for someone that's trying to make money? They want a smaller supply so the price goes up. Hooray for you not knowing simple high school economics.

3) Civilian casualties are irrelevant. Saddam should not have placed weapons near civilians. Only 3000 civilians, according to Iraqi numbers, died. In WWII, more than 5000 died A DAY. BWAAAAAA an insignificant amount of people died in the shortest and least bloody war ever waged. Maybe next time I'll pull some strings and get a city burned to the ground just to let you have something to complain about. Those 200,000 that died in a single night in Tokyo would like to have a word about "horrible civilian casualties" with you.

Thanks, and please die.
 Darth Groovy
06-12-2003, 6:18 AM
I am moving this to the senate. I would highly advise that you folks dispense with the flaming of one another, or you will feel the wrath of c'jais.;)
 FunClown
06-12-2003, 9:34 AM
Shut up you pumkin pied redneck, dont you ever say crap about God like that again, you sleezy snoz wanking homo. I thin keverything Neo said was pure truth and I congratulate him on that. If god hated us dont you think the world would be over by know i mean come on, If he hated us why would he give us life. And if you had any brain you would know that people like you have hateful qualities you wack. I swear people like you are worthless, you do nobody good, all you do is complain about what you want, its all you, get your head out of your but and face reality.

Father Torque, is that colonal Sanders as your avatar. He was KKK.
 The Count
06-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by FunClown
Father Torque, is that colonal Sanders as your avatar. He was KKK.

Oh yeah I forgot to point that out lol.
 The Count
06-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Nute Gunray
I read not even four whole posts in this thread before I determined that you're all imbeciles that have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. None of you have any clue concerning geopolitics or religion.

FUNFACT: Jesus was a religious hardliner. He endorsed the death penalty. If Jesus/God did not see the capital punishment as a legitimate tool of the state, Jesus would have died another way. Not to mention, "live by the sword, die by the sword" is a warning. You live a violent life, you will meet a violent end.

Perhaps if you read actual information, you'd see that this is a steaming load of ****.

1) Bush didn't cause anything. Clinton failed to adequately take down bin Laden's organization several times in the late 90s, following the twin embassy bombings and the USS Cole bombing.

2) Using oil as a 'cause' of GWII is as stupid beyond all imagination. LOL BUSH IS AN OILMAN LOL This betrays all economic logic imaginable. Why would an increase in supply be a good thing for someone that's trying to make money? They want a smaller supply so the price goes up. Hooray for you not knowing simple high school economics.

3) Civilian casualties are irrelevant. Saddam should not have placed weapons near civilians. Only 3000 civilians, according to Iraqi numbers, died. In WWII, more than 5000 died A DAY. BWAAAAAA an insignificant amount of people died in the shortest and least bloody war ever waged. Maybe next time I'll pull some strings and get a city burned to the ground just to let you have something to complain about. Those 200,000 that died in a single night in Tokyo would like to have a word about "horrible civilian casualties" with you.

Thanks, and please die.

Actually on one said anything about Oil, I always agreed the US going into Iraq for oil was far too simplistic even for Dubya, I believe the US went to Iraq to establish a strategic power base where they could dominate the Middle East (there is Geopolitics for you)

No one said Bush caused September the 11th, I'm saying he was the catalyst with his arrogant foreign policy, it's not Clinton's fault that Sep 11th happened (can he see into the future) he was alot more positive about a peace policy to the Middle East than Dubya's hey lets invade them all, it was a result of Dubya sticking to the view the American way is the right way no question about it that got them, before he came President he hardly left American waters either, THATS Experience for you!

If he was President during the Cuban Missile Crisis well I dread to think what would happen to us all.
 ShockV1.89
06-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Actually on one said anything about Oil, I always agreed the US going into Iraq for oil was far too simplistic even for Dubya, I believe the US went to Iraq to establish a strategic power base where they could dominate the Middle East (there is Geopolitics for you)

Honestly, I dont see a problem with this. I would prefer it be done in a less violent way than was done, but I still would want America or the EU in control of the Middle East. I say this because the Middle Easterners dont seem to be able behave themselves, always blowing each other up or starting "holy wars" or whatnot. Call it my "simple American" viewpoint, if you will, but that's what I see.

That area is of too much importance to the entire world to allow people who cant stop strapping on TNT vests to control it.
 The Count
06-12-2003, 1:23 PM
Thing is, if the good ol' U S of A didn't have such an arrogant stuborn foreign policy these TNT nuts wouldn't be round.
 TheJackal
06-12-2003, 4:42 PM
Thing is, if the good ol' U S of A didn't have such an arrogant stuborn foreign policy these TNT nuts wouldn't be round.

it a way that is true. Not because of Bush or because of Clinton. But because a whole line of Presidents who gave weapons and money away to favor the American in economic way and in political ways (to undermine the Soviets mostly).

Guatamela is a great example. A nation with a President who was corrupted and murdered a lot of his civilians (sounds like Hussein no?). There was a revolt. The citizens took back what was thiers and formed a Communist government. It was one of the first non corrupted Communist government to take place. They recieve praise worldwide for helping a great deal the health and education of its population. Child mortality was in an all time low in decades.

But since they were Communist, the USA felt threatned to have a Communist country even closer to the USA fearing it would be the best staging point for a missile strike (does Cuba ring a bell?)

So they hired and trained the old guards of the de-throned President to cause a civil war in that country. Civil war STILL rages on today as it is. The government has fallen. anarchy.

Its not the President himself but the line of Presidents that caused the problems. Some of them involved themselves in terrible ways. I'm sure someone could give you the facts shown in Bowling For Columbine (i dont have them with me)

So its not the complete government and the nation as a whole. The problem is the string of government who fear change and gain control through fear.

on a side note: here's an interresting site you should take a look at: http://www.unbrandamerica.org/)
 neo262
06-12-2003, 6:47 PM
Dang! I thought this was put to a stop yesterday!
 Father Torque
06-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Breton
Meesa back :)

Alright, about religion: Imagine there is a person, a really kind person, who works to help the poor and suffering, and gives all her money to charity. He/she has many children, whom he/she loves very highly. He/she respects everyone, and constantly participate in making the world a better place for us all. Yet, he/she does not believe in God.

So, according to christianity, this kind and loving person is doomed to eternal torture in hell? How can you respect such a religion?

God or no God, I am no sinner just because I am logical.

I never said that, people will go to heaven but it doesnt matter how nice they are, they could donate all of there money but not believing god is basically hating or rejecting him, which states in the bible that the person should be put to death but not go to hell.

And DT, what about the man in your avatar lets talk about him for a while, o woops cant sorry youre banned, Maybe next time you should about making a thread about people being in the KKK, you jerk. Never ever say that to anyone again. And you say I have no clue beacuse im 13, well what kind of immature person says crap like that about people they met on the internet.

I hope I never hear that from anyone again. And Clown Boy if you wanna talk crap about Colonel Sanders go cry to your mom and tell her that a guy had a picture of Colonel Sanders because colonel sanders created KFC which the guy on the forum. And perhaps next time think before you post because you get people like DT hiped up and banned. I am not even having fun debating anymore, im tired of people telling me my religion is wrong, and making threads that are like do you think FT is in the KKK:mad:
 SkinWalker
06-13-2003, 2:22 AM
FUNFACT: Jesus was a religious hardliner.

By all intellectual standards, Jesus was a myth. At most he was the illegitimate child of some unknown father that his mother and adoptive father chose to perpetuate an old prophecy in order to avoid bannishment/ridicule/etc.

Bin Laden's organization is still in existance and still very much a threat. Clinton and Bush have that much in common.

There is/was serious consideration among OPEC nations to move towards the Euro from the Dollar as the base currency for oil. This would have interesting economic reprecutions, particularly in the U.S. Also, the Iraqi oil production and industry is next to nil after a decade of sanctions and poor maintenance. Care to guess what companies are getting contracts to rebuild and do new explorations? I could say, "Hooray for you for not knowing simple college economics," but you may not have finished high school as yet. So I won't.

3) Civilian casualties are irrelevant.

Not if you are a civilian casualty. How many deaths is acceptable to free a nation? Who gets to choose the number?

Thanks, and please die.

That kind of comment doesn't fit with the normal discussion of the Senate....
 SkinWalker
06-13-2003, 2:30 AM
And DT, what about the man in your avatar lets talk about him for a while, o woops cant sorry youre banned, Maybe next time you should about making a thread about people being in the KKK, you jerk.

I don't think I've ever intereacted with either of you, but you both presented an immature position. This gem of a thread has been graciously deposited in the Senate, where we don't talk that way to each other (err... not very often anyway).

* post reported

Please attack the argument, not the person if you choose to continue here.

Sorry for playing mod, Jais... it just bothered me... the con is yours again :p
 Breton
06-13-2003, 11:04 AM
I never said that, people will go to heaven but it doesnt matter how nice they are, they could donate all of there money but not believing god is basically hating or rejecting him, which states in the bible that the person should be put to death but not go to hell.

To not believe in God is neither to hate or reject him, simply because you can't hate or reject something you have no reason to believe excists. And I am pretty sure it states in the Bible that everyone who does not believe in God shall go to hell.

The real question is: Why do you believe there is a God? There is nothing but an old book that indicates he excists, and we can all agree that the book is written by humans, and is so pretty much fiction.

And another question: Why do you believe your religion is right? What about Islam, Hinduism and the like? What makes these religions less true than christianity?
 Thrackan Solo
06-13-2003, 12:09 PM
And what makes you feel that there isnt a God? :confused:
 ShockV1.89
06-13-2003, 3:16 PM

Yes they would. Believe it or not, the european nations were the first ones to get their hands dirty in the Middle East. Britain was key in the formation and rise to power of Israel.

But you wont hear that, being that you are so intensley anti-american and wish only to bash us, ignoring that perhaps other countries are guilty of the same crimes...
 Kain
06-13-2003, 3:16 PM
I can't speak for non-believers other than myself. But my disbelief stems from 2 things
1. I've yet to see any proof of a kind and caring God
2. The fact that there is some omnipotent being is sure lunacy in my book.
 Breton
06-13-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
And what makes you feel that there isnt a God? :confused:

And what makes you feel that the universe wasn't created by an ostrich named Ted?

Do you get my point? The burden of proof is on your side, not mine. It isn't possible to disprove that there is a God, just as it isn't possible to disprove that it was created by an ostrich named Ted.
 El Sitherino
06-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Breton
And what makes you feel that the universe wasn't created by an ostrich named Ted?

Do you get my point? The burden of proof is on your side, not mine. It isn't possible to disprove that there is a God, just as it isn't possible to disprove that it was created by an ostrich named Ted. ostrich? ted? how do you know about ted!?!!;)
very well put breton.

also, neo... what do you mean?
 El Sitherino
06-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Yes they would. Believe it or not, the european nations were the first ones to get their hands dirty in the Middle East. Britain was key in the formation and rise to power of Israel.

But you wont hear that, being that you are so intensley anti-american and wish only to bash us, ignoring that perhaps other countries are guilty of the same crimes... actually it was america that first rejected the european jews.:)
 ShockV1.89
06-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes, but it was only trying to keep out of the European conflict. It didnt wish to anger Hitler and make yet another enemy, and allowing the Jews to take refuge there would have added America to the long list of countries that Hitler wanted to take (which it was probably on anyway...).

I really don't think that makes them involved with Israel before Britain. And they had virtually no presence in the Middle East until after WW2. That was all Europe.
 El Sitherino
06-14-2003, 4:13 PM
dude they fronted the idea of giving a peice of land for the jews. and america hated jews just as much as hitler did but they didn't decide to kill them in massive camps.
 ShockV1.89
06-14-2003, 4:23 PM
dude they fronted the idea of giving a peice of land for the jews.

I have somewhere the name of the Zionist who originally proposed the idea. But before I go digging through last years notes on the Middle East (took a 400 level course in it), I'd like to hear your proof on that. Find me something that says that America was the first to propose the idea that created Israel.
Page: 2 of 3