Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Webmaster needed for DF2E mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Ravensroke
06-11-2003, 6:56 PM
(This thread goes here until we get our own DF2E forum section)

The DF2 mod needs a webmaster pretty urgently, not someone who can write php scripts, but one who can set up a website, update it with new content regularly, and generally deal with the PR side of things. Anyone willing to do this will be taking a great load off of the team lead, nwo2kReaper, who is simultaneously trying to set up a website, do the Nar Shaddaa map, and manage a team.

And hey, if you stick to it, your name goes in the credits =)

Please email me at wfeht@hfbattlestation.com if you think you can do it.

Thank You
 The_One
06-12-2003, 5:15 PM
Love to, but I don't have the time. I already have 2 websites on the go (including DFMOD), and a load of work too.

It's pretty difficult to find someone who can deal with everything you want them to though...

Good luck! :)
 Ravensroke
06-13-2003, 7:02 PM
Thanks! After a few days, I'll post this advertisement on a more general-topic forum.

Other positions that are open are texturers, modellers, skinners, mappers etc. Most expecially we need texture artists. But any help would be cool.

Right now we're trying to get more people to "see" us, and a good webmaster to help out with setting up our new website, df2e.jediknightii.net, is our current main priority. If noone else wants to do it, I guess I'd have to, and that means that the Nar Shaddaa demo will come out later than it would otherwise since I'm doing all the textures for that, and now noone wants that.

Okay maybe a touch of blackmail there in the last line... =)
 ImmolatedYoda
06-13-2003, 10:36 PM
well...could you elaborate more on what this would entail? im slightly intrigued, but i dont know if i know enough or have enough time to be a webmaster. and if i wasnt too lazy to learn Photoshop 7, i might help on the textures.
 Ravensroke
06-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Okay, well basically the first step is creating a good-looking website with Team Bios, screenshots, progress screen, and a few other things. This website can be as simple as a html page, though setting up something with php scripts should mean much less work in the long run. All the Photoshop skills you'll need are how to resize and optimize images for screenshots.

Afterwards, you'd be updating the website with new screenshots, progress updates, and downloads (wallpapers, the demo, patches, etc.) for a while.

In addition to this, the ideal webmaster would also answer people's questions about the mod, compile an FAQ, deal with the people that host the website (jkii.net right now), and a bunch of other things.

Basically look at what The_One does for the Dark Forces Mod, if we could get someone half as good as him to webmaster for us we'd be very happy.
 reaper1576
06-13-2003, 11:33 PM
and where not alowed to uses PHP nuke at all what sucks :mad:
 ImmolatedYoda
06-13-2003, 11:56 PM
and do you guys have a system for the games textures? like....are you remaking all the textures with the same names as they had in JK, and do you have separate people working on specific sets? i dont know how many texture artists you have, and if i did work on textures, id need help on what size to make them and stuff....but anyway, im just curious; im makin no guarantees.
 reaper1576
06-14-2003, 7:18 AM
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
and do you guys have a system for the games textures? like....are you remaking all the textures with the same names as they had in JK, and do you have separate people working on specific sets? i dont know how many texture artists you have, and if i did work on textures, id need help on what size to make them and stuff....but anyway, im just curious; im makin no guarantees.
Speak with ravensroke he will tell you all you need to know thats he's department theres 4 otheres on that side of the team 3 of them are working on skins for bloodriot and 1 is working on huds and menus
 Ravensroke
06-14-2003, 1:58 PM
Yep there's 5 artists, 3 working on Dark Jedi skins and the like for the opening cutscene, 1 working on the menu, and me working on textures. =)

I would gladly trade in a webmaster for a good texture artist at this point, but to be honest, if you haven't been working with Photoshop for a good long while, and know html you'd probably be more useful as a webmaster.

But, if your heart is set on being a texture artist, I can give you some advice, go to www.teamphotoshop.com) and do all 100 or so tutorials there, it'll give you a good base from which to start.

As for the system with which we do textures, I'm doing all the Nar Shaddaa textures, I think someone else did a few of the others for Barons Hed. Other than that, its like pick a level and go for it. Since I'm the lead artist, I'd say that one texture artist doing one level is a good thing.

Sometime later I'll get a better system for texture submission and shader work. That's another thing, if there's anyone good with shaders out there, we can use him since right now reaper is doing most of the shaders for the textures I make, since I have no freakin idea about how shadered works and have no desire to find out =)

But still the first priority is to get a website up and running with content and updates. After I get a webmaster I'll be trolling the forums for other team positions.
 ImmolatedYoda
06-14-2003, 2:44 PM
well, i know no HTML, and i dont really know how to use PS, so....i dont know, texturing just looks interesting to do.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
06-14-2003, 6:29 PM
I'd like to do it for now. I can only do basic HTML!!! This is a websit, I've made --->Echuu's website (http://thedanishforce.h4f.dk/). You can't read what it's saying. It's in Danish, but it gives you a picture on what I can do! I'm no expert at making pictures either.

The only requirment, I have is, that you tell me what it has to say. It has to be clear, i.e. that you send me an e-mail, telling that work on "Nar Shadaa" is at 70% at the moment, and that this (an attached file) has to be set in the upper part of the site.

I'd like to do it for now! PM or E-mail me, if you're interested.
 Ravensroke
06-14-2003, 7:11 PM
Thanks for the interest, ideally we want someone with some knowledge of how to use php software and all that good stuff, but hey, if you can learn that's great too. We don't have that many to choose from right now.

This of course doesn't mean that you get the position, but there's a really good chance of it.

BTW, do you know anything at all about MySQL databases and php scripts?
 reaper1576
06-14-2003, 10:24 PM
remeber no PHP nuke is alowed orders from chris3po
 The_One
06-15-2003, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by reaper1576
remeber no PHP nuke is alowed orders from chris3po

Really? Strange that, since we were allowed.

Oh well we're changing now anyway. Expect to see a new uber site design in about a month...
 Echuu Shen-Jon
06-15-2003, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by Ravensroke
BTW, do you know anything at all about MySQL databases and php scripts? Nothing. I have my own phpbb forum, but it installed itself ;)
 The_One
06-15-2003, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon
Nothing. I have my own phpbb forum, but it installed itself ;)

That's about all you need to know. How to follow instructions...

:p
 Echuu Shen-Jon
06-15-2003, 3:09 PM
Funny 'eh? :xp:
 Ravensroke
06-15-2003, 5:30 PM
Well, yeah, tat's all there is to installing php scripts, just follow instructions and you'll be okay.

I wonder if the jediknightii servers can run asp scripts, and if so, then does the ban on php-nuke extend to post-nuke? =)
 1zzy
07-15-2003, 11:39 AM
If you are still looking for someone to help with the webpage stuff let me know. You can check out a sample of my work from my homepage - http://scott.the-strongs.net) .
 Echuu Shen-Jon
07-16-2003, 5:03 PM
They aren't!
 Ravensroke
07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Actually depending on how things turn out, we may need someone. If you had shown interest earlier, we would have definitely asked you, 'cause you know your way around scripts and such. We _might_ need some assistance if what we're doing right now doesn't work out.

Give me an email at wfeht@hfbattlestation.com if you want to.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
07-19-2003, 1:20 PM
Me or 1zzy?
 Ravensroke
07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Izzy
 The Cheat
07-22-2003, 11:54 PM
cool site izzy, hope df2e is able to get a good webmaster for your site
 1zzy
07-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Ravensroke - I tried to send you the following message which keeps bouncing:

I guess your other webmaster decided not to keep with it. How much of your site is already set up besides the forum? Do you already have a beta of the site up for testing yet so I can see the current progress? I haven't designed in PHP for a little while now, but I am very familiar with ASP as you can tell from my site. If the site hasn't been setup yet besides the forum, do you have a necessity for it to be in PHP as I would be able to throw an ASP site together a lot faster (being that I could actually code some at work too). If PHP is necessary, send me a couple of snippets to remind me what the syntax looks like and I can take a wack at it. I mean coding is coding and I have been coding for over 15 years. Let me know.

1zzy
 reaper1576
07-23-2003, 10:18 AM
issy email me here im the project leader if ur having problems with his email reaper@nwo2k.net
Page: 1 of 1