Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother? Rant about being single

Page: 1 of 1
 Toonces
06-04-2003, 3:38 AM
I usually don't do things like this, but I'm getting to the point where I'm so fed up with it all that I just don't want to deal with it all anymore.

A little background info on me.

I'm 24 years old, will be 25 in July, and I've been single now for over two years. I've done some stupid things in the past, like putting off College for five years, but I genuinely like who I am as a person. About February I started to get that urge again, (Not THAT urge ;) ) the need for companionship. My last relationship ended in a messy way, that took me a long time to completely recover from, but I have completely moved on. I'm ready for something serious, but the problem is that I have come to realise how much I loathe dating.

I've never had to meet a SO this way, all my past relationships have developed from a frendship, to something much more. My circle of friends isn't quite as large as it once was, and the women that are in it are either in commited relationships now, or are just not right for me. I'm going back to School full time this fall, so my dating possibilities will increase at that time, until then, I've tried to re-enter the local singles scene, and even joined one of those internet dating sites. What's the problem you might ask? I wish I knew.

I'm not the kind of person who gets into a relationship just for the sake of being with somebody. I know alot of people like that, and they are miserable. I'm not the most patient person in the world, I like instant results. I've been really good these past few months, but it's starting to grate on me, and I'm beginning to get lonely.

I just had to get that little rant off my chest. A wise person once said that one has to know misery before they can appreciate true happiness.

In case your currious, JGToonces is my ID over at americansingles.com
 ET Warrior
06-04-2003, 4:48 AM
Wow, Toonces, I wish I could help you, but alas.....I understand girls approximately.........not at all.

Take for example, the fact that right now I have the prettiest girlfriend I've ever had. She's BEAUTIFUL, funny, fun, interesting, an excellent kisser......she's awesome. Now we will examine me, I am a crazy guy. Not prone to making a lot of sense. I also happen to be a HUGE nerd, what with my love of all things nerdy...star wars, matrix, lrod of the rings, comic books, etc. etc.
How I ended up with her? I have NO idea.

I personally think that girls are all just messed up in the head. You seem like a good guy Toonces, I mean, you ARE working on the Plo Koon model, you HAVE to be an awesome guy :D

Good luck in your female endeavors though. I hope that you will find someone......I think that once you start school you may have an easier time..being a 25 year old at college could be an advantage, as many girls like older men.........and at college you'll be around them and get to know them and see if they are the right kind of person for you, and THEN you can date them and be happy!!!!:D:D:D
 Hindy
06-04-2003, 8:32 AM
Hmmm maybe you worry/think too much about it, I would have to agree with it happens when you least expect it.

Take myself, Im 21 and at uni (still!), four years ago I decided take a year out before going to university and I had just split with one of the most boring girls ever (she was nice to look at though,thank god for small mercies!) and started a new job. Now I noticed this girl whom worked in the opposite shop, but I couldn't find out anything about her as noone seemed to know who she was.

Anyways bout 3 months later this girl rings me up and asks me out! I tell ya I never slept so much to get rid of the week just so I could see this girl at the weekend...

Over 3 years later we are still together, which is surprising cos we did not know each other till we went out, so dont just limit yourself to circles of friends.

Hope that is of some help... or maybe I just rambled on about my life :D
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 8:38 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I personally think that girls are all just messed up in the head.

THANKS.... :mad:
 Nitro
06-04-2003, 8:57 AM
He speaks the truth... You gals have the weirdest thought patterns I've ever had to deal with in my life.

I know clicnically insane people that on the whole, made more sense than women.
 Hindy
06-04-2003, 9:04 AM
I dont think girls are mess up in the head, although are known to have the odd jealous fit, or maybe I have only encountered normal ones...
 Nitro
06-04-2003, 9:54 AM
No... You've encountered the rare ones. But don't worry... One of these days they'll go Hiroshima on you because you started walking with your left foot instead of your right, and you'll understand.
 Mex
06-04-2003, 10:45 AM
Bah. You're all sexists.

*Get chased out of thread* :indif:
 StormHammer
06-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Give it time, Toonces. I know you may not want to, but you can't rush or force these things. I'm sure you'll find a nice girl eventually, and strike up a relationship. I've heard of other people who went hunting around for that special person...and when they stopped looking they found someone. It can happen anywhere, in any circumstances. Just give it time.

As for women being messed up in the head...well, I may not always understand my wife, but she doesn't always understand me...so I think we're all messed up in the head on occasion. Anyway, if the sexes understood each other all the time, how boring would that be? Think of all the arguments and heated debates and moments of sheer insanity you'd miss out on...and the making up again afterwards... ;P
 Kain
06-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Take for example, the fact that right now I have the prettiest girlfriend I've ever had. She's BEAUTIFUL, funny, fun, interesting, an excellent kisser......she's awesome. Now we will examine me, I am a crazy guy. Not prone to making a lot of sense. I also happen to be a HUGE nerd, what with my love of all things nerdy...star wars, matrix, lrod of the rings, comic books, etc. etc.

Damn ET, we have more in coming then either of us knew...bastard...:p

Anyways, its all a matter of confidence...is what I was told. all I can say is 'BULL****'. I had to ask my friend to ask the girl out for me. That was about 10 months ago. Still with her, AND I got her playing D&D with me and my friends, and she's completly evil...like me! I CORRUPTED!!! HAHAHAHA...!!!...sorry. What I'm saying is don't be afraid to ask for help. Apparently, my gf had a crush on me all through...*sighs heavily*Can't believe I'm saying this...*GULP!*...band camp...*shudders*...but she was afraid to ask me out just like I was afraid to ask her out. You just need a catalyst man.
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 11:28 AM
well I think that we *women* seem so complicated because men are simple and lazy.
 Tesla
06-04-2003, 11:32 AM
We not lazy, we just lack motivation!! :p
 obi
06-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
well I think that we *women* seem so complicated because men are simple and lazy.

Who you callin' simple? :mad: :D

But you women CAN Be odd at times. Like, one time my sister called and she was yelling at me because the sky was blue or something, then she called back 5 minutes later to appologize.

If you think this is evidence of sanity, I pity you.
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 11:44 AM
it's not our fault god gave us pms
 obi
06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
it's not our fault god gave us pms

Actually, yes it is. In Genesis, Eve took the apple from the forbidden tree and enticed Adam to eat it too. As punishment, God gave pain during child birth, along with other great things, pms being one of them.

:D
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 12:08 PM
heh, that only proves adam, like most men, was whipped ;)

as far as child birth, all I have to say is

epideral

and PMS - is that "our" punishment or yours?
 Tesla
06-04-2003, 12:13 PM
How do you know god exists???
Maybe human evolution has caused that to exist,one of the mysteries of the human race???
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 12:17 PM
well pms exsist cuz girls got different hormones than yours and child birth hurts cuz well....you try squeezing a 9 pound squirming little human through something with the circumfrence (sp) of a lollypop
 obi
06-04-2003, 12:17 PM
It's probably both of our punishments. When I am married, I am building a bomb shelter for that time of the month. As soon as I see the wrapper in the trash can, I am putting on my helmet and "hitting the deck."

And yes, most men are whipped. We turn into wimps when we are around our female counterparts. For example, I was at my gal's house the other day, and we were watching television. A commercial came on with the ugliest baby I have ever seen. It actually made me want to puke by looking at it. Anyway, my gal looks at me with those cow eyes, those damned cow eyes, and says "That's the cutest baby I have ever seen! Don't you want a baby like that?"

I just smiled and said "Oh yes, I think it's adorable."
 STTCT
06-04-2003, 12:24 PM
that just proves men are liars - and that's why you piss us off and suffer pms! :p
 Nitro
06-04-2003, 3:04 PM
We lie because calling it like we see it gets us in even more ****.

The best answer to "Does this make me look fat?" is "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Then run and hide in the bathroom.
 Hindy
06-04-2003, 4:05 PM
"Does this make me look fat", that old chesnut... I personally would tell a porky pie unless it was some pink lycra thing then I would really have to say something!

Its just not worth the hassle (wouldn't want to hurt their feelings either) to say yes or heaven forbid make an off the cuff remark like "no, but the chocolate does", your just askin for trouble.

But do girls/women ask because they know they look like fat pigs or cos they just want to be reassured?
 KaBuTaR
06-04-2003, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by Hindy
But do girls/women ask because they know they look like fat pigs or cos they just want to be reassured?

well i'd say it's prolly coz we wnat to be reassured... if nothing else... hence you get skinny thin girls asking 'do i look fat?'
 ET Warrior
06-04-2003, 4:26 PM
The best answer to "Does this make me look fat?" is "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Then run and hide in the bathroom.

Or you could do this. Smile at them, then glance over their shoulder, get a look of terror and scream "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?"

When they turn around....run like hell.
 Rogue Nine
06-04-2003, 4:52 PM
"Il y a peu d'honnкtes femmes qui ne soient lasses de leur mйtier."
 Toonces
06-04-2003, 6:21 PM
Originally posted by Hindy
Hmmm maybe you worry/think too much about it, I would have to agree with it happens when you least expect it.

Over 3 years later we are still together, which is surprising cos we did not know each other till we went out, so dont just limit yourself to circles of friends.

Hope that is of some help... or maybe I just rambled on about my life :D

Nah, your absolutely right. One of the things I've always had to keep in the back of my mind is that nothing happens instantly. All of my previous relationships really started before I knew what was happening.

I'm definatly not just sticking to my circle of friends, that pond is a bit dry. I'm very good at meeting total strangers and starting up a conversation, but I seem to be getting frustrated because I'm not meeting the type of people that I really want to associate with. The online thing has been an intresting experence. I primarily use the Internet as a research and business tool, not a place to meet people, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea of meeting people online too. I guess the bottom line is that I have to be more patient.

We're not all simple STTCT, I've actually been told by some of my women friends that I'm one of the most complicated people they've ever met. Alot of us are actually honest people too. Dishonesty is unacceptible on both sides IMO.

Oh, the way I've always handled the old "Do I look fat?" question is to say "I don't think I'm the right person to ask, since I love your body so I'm bias" and that's being honest to me. I like women of all shapes and sizes.
 Mex
06-04-2003, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

:eyeraise: I never understood a word of that..

It's quite annoying when girls say "Do I look fat in this?" "Do I look ok?" "Is my hair alright?" "Do I smell?" "Does my bum look big in this?" Arg.. My sister says those things ALL THE TIME! :eek:
 Shotokan
06-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Heh you're trapped if you say no or yes. If you say no they'll say "Are you lying? Be honest" or something along those lines.
 Darth Eggplant
06-13-2003, 2:25 AM
sigh the dreams of youth
are the regrets of maturity
I am so glad to like so far removed
from the whole he said she said fuzzy
wuzzy butterflies love thing.
people are all the same they
are not honest with themselves
they are not honest with each other
and most oft they do all the right things
for all the wrong reasons.
such as well i had to marry her
we've been together for 6 years.
(notice the words or phrase)'because I love her and she
is the alpha of my omega never get in there.
it's well out of obligation
or social expectation
or to get money cause an uncle
will pay for a house if I get married
etc....
people date and lie from moment one
they gloss over every fault the other has
and yet miraculously when the break up happens
all those flaws become public forum and public knowledge
people spend hours going oh does she like me?
does he like me I want to ask I can't
how amny more flowers can I brutalize
in nursery ryhme horror

if you are in love you are in love
and if you mange to get into a relationship
try being honest for once
and posting about your relationships
or love life is kind of like saying
i stopped taking drugs
i used to do cocaine not any more
but ya i'm still smoking weed.

I wish i could sound sympathetic to you
but i have more friends of old
who seem fractiaonally sometimes happy
to be in their currebt situation
but mainly unhappy but too damn
apathetic to do anything about it.

anyhow I am an old grouch when it comes
to all this much a do about nothing.
 coupes.
06-13-2003, 2:41 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
for those who were wondering...

translation:"There are few honnest women who are not weary of their trade."

... or something like that.
 ET Warrior
06-13-2003, 2:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
sigh the dreams of youth
are the regrets of maturity
I am so glad to like so far removed
from the whole he said she said fuzzy
wuzzy butterflies love thing.
people are all the same they
are not honest with themselves
they are not honest with each other
and most oft they do all the right things
for all the wrong reasons.
such as well i had to marry her
we've been together for 6 years.
(notice the words or phrase)'because I love her and she
is the alpha of my omega never get in there.
it's well out of obligation
or social expectation
or to get money cause an uncle
will pay for a house if I get married
etc....
people date and lie from moment one
they gloss over every fault the other has
and yet miraculously when the break up happens
all those flaws become public forum and public knowledge
people spend hours going oh does she like me?
does he like me I want to ask I can't
how amny more flowers can I brutalize
in nursery ryhme horror

if you are in love you are in love
and if you mange to get into a relationship
try being honest for once
and posting about your relationships
or love life is kind of like saying
i stopped taking drugs
i used to do cocaine not any more
but ya i'm still smoking weed.

I wish i could sound sympathetic to you
but i have more friends of old
who seem fractiaonally sometimes happy
to be in their currebt situation
but mainly unhappy but too damn
apathetic to do anything about it.

anyhow I am an old grouch when it comes
to all this much a do about nothing.

So, much verse......can't take it anymore.....head.....about......to...explode.....A HHHHHHHHHh

You sound pretty bitter Eggplant........and i'm not sure what you're trying to tell Toonces with this.....????
 Psyk0Sith
06-13-2003, 9:19 PM
Good to see you around LF Toonces!

From personal experience, it seems like everytime i look for a girlfriend, i cant find the "right" one.

Oddly enough, its when i'm not looking that i find someone, it just happens. Good luck man.
 Matt-Liell
06-13-2003, 9:23 PM
Man, Toonces girls are too weird, I'm on an 0 for 3 record for this year. I won't go into detail about what happened in ach one but let me tell ya Toonces, girls have weird ideas about us guys. Man will never understand them! :p
 ZBomber
06-13-2003, 11:27 PM
I just got turned down ealeir today, so, I know girls troubles... >.<

Anyways, i think men suffer more from pm..... I'm not gonna say why...... but....... *jumps into bomb shelter with Obi*
 Rogue15
06-14-2003, 1:35 AM
if you can't have them....

i'm not even going to finish that sentence. :D

i've been single my whole life and i'm 19. yes, it is lonely so i read the Bible and that comforts me. ^_^
 Eldritch
06-14-2003, 1:42 AM
Toonces, I've got two words for you:

Happy Hour.

Just don't get there so late that the ladies are smashed. ;) Buying them a drink always helps to break the ice, too. This is not to say that you should pick up the girls you meet in the bar, but through conversation something meaningful can perhaps emerge.
 ET Warrior
06-14-2003, 4:56 AM
Originally posted by Cryptic
girls have weird ideas about us guys. Man will never understand them! :p

Women, Can't live with em, Can't have heterosexual sex without em................................................ ..........
 Clemme w/Stick
06-14-2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
I've been single now for over two years.

Wow, and I thought I was the only person here who had been single for more than a 1Ѕ years. Hmm, as for advice I dont have any, I've always taken things as they came, and I'll prolly continue doing that. So calm down, you'll meet the right woman some day.

At least thats what I'm hoping to do, It hasnt happened yet, but I hope to meet one this summe when I'm on vacation ;).

-Clemme
 BawBag™
06-15-2003, 7:06 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Toonces, I've got two words for you:

Happy Hour.

Then two more words: "Sambuca please"
Then two more: "You're pretty"
And the last two (in my experience): "Why Not!"
(Say in a whiney voice)
:D :D :D ...:confused:
 El Sitherino
06-15-2003, 7:41 PM
well I think that we *women* seem so complicated because men are simple and lazy. i dunno girls are just as simple and lazy as men too. especially where i live alot of girls are usually airheads.
 Semicolon
06-15-2003, 7:45 PM
Girls are great. Like wine though, they mature over time ;)

I've met some great girls. In fact my girlfriend is THE BEST. Women just want sumone to listen to them, that's all ;)
Page: 1 of 1