Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First Map

Page: 1 of 1
 __CKY__
06-03-2003, 5:41 AM
Well I have started to make my first map ever lol.

Shots of the level in Radiant:
Http://www.yodiesdownloads.com/~CarnivorusWinds/Map1.JPG)
Http://www.yodiesdownloads.com/~CarnivorusWinds/Map2.JPG)
Http://www.yodiesdownloads.com/~CarnivorusWinds/Map3.JPG)
Http://www.yodiesdownloads.com/~CarnivorusWinds/Map4.JPG)

Im going to make it a hangar :). Keep in mind its my first attempt at this so im trying to get the hang off this editor lol. Anyways Feedback would be nice lol.
 nucular_jedi_14
06-03-2003, 5:43 AM
keep up the good work my good CE_ buddy :D
 lassev
06-03-2003, 9:49 AM
Don't use skybox textures straight, but apply the shader. Among the textures it's nothing but a little box with a text "SKY". In Radiant, it will cover your skybox, giving no image of the actual scenery (and in Radiant, it's all the same all around, no east, west, north or south, up or down), but in the game it will show up as a real scenery, with the directions all right.

Keep going and trying. That's the only way. And learn to use curves right at the beginning. You won't regret it.
 wedge2211
06-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I think one of your textures is from a custom map, be sure you get author's permission first if it is!
 __CKY__
06-03-2003, 3:23 PM
Alright I'll email the texture guy and I'' go give the shaders a shot :) thanks for your input.
 __CKY__
06-03-2003, 7:39 PM
Could you explain it to me alittle more I don't understand the shader and texture thing. Sorry if i seem stupid lol
 __CKY__
06-04-2003, 12:34 AM
and could someone tell me how to like cut stuff like make a regular square have a top thats like going up diagonally like a control panel or something.
 Louis
06-04-2003, 3:19 PM
Go here before you do anything else, it will help you a lot. :)

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials)
 __CKY__
06-04-2003, 6:11 PM
K Thank you :D The tutorials will come in veryy handy :D.

Bad news: My map was alittle To big for players lmao so I had to restart it and scale it down alittle.
Page: 1 of 1