Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Html

Page: 1 of 1
 Datheus
06-03-2003, 2:08 AM
I would just like to say that doing HTML tables using only Notepad sucks. It's miserable. I hate it. I've been struggling with this damn table for 2 days now. Every time I start to think I've reached the end of the tunnel, I hit another problem :(.

Who here does all there HTML in Notepad or a similar basic word "processor"?
 Grilled-Sarlacc
06-03-2003, 2:36 AM
I use to do all my HTML in Notepad, then i got Microsoft Frontpage and Macromedia Dreamweaver. These are so much eaiser to use then Notepad, you can get the free 30 day trial version of cremweaver at www.macromedia.com). Check it out.
 Darth Eggplant
06-03-2003, 2:45 AM
I do all my websiting by html code from scratch on note pad, if you need help PM me.
 Lynk Former
06-03-2003, 2:56 AM
www.thecrisiscenter.net)

...100% notepad... no evil frontpage or dreamweaver, believe it bud. I made it all on notepad.
 BCanr2d2
06-03-2003, 8:30 AM
try NoteTab Light (http://www.notetab.com) for a site that has an automatic tab for HTML code, so it might help you put your page together. Even if you get a demo version of something, put in the table, and look at the source code, to see how it is done, so you can copy it, even if they don't allow you to save it.
 Reborn Outcast
06-03-2003, 8:35 AM
Well if you don't want to use Notepad (which I use) you could always download Composer or something.
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
06-03-2003, 7:26 PM
Bah! Don't ever use something as frustrating as Notepad. I use Dreamweaver, but there are cheaper alternatives. For example Word supports HTML export.
 Pad
06-03-2003, 7:29 PM
im mostmy a notepad user myself but lately im workin with a really good html program called acehtml which you can get from here (http://www.visicommedia.com). and dont try dreamweaver, its evil!
 StarWarsPhreak
06-03-2003, 8:19 PM
I use FrontPage, but I still do most of the HTML by hand. I just like how I can go over to the next tab and check my progress...
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 8:20 PM
Ah notepad. An HTMLers best friend. When I make sites, I use 100% notepad...And when the doing gets really rough, I use Dreamweaver. It can help sometimes for tables and such.
 RoguePhotonic
06-03-2003, 9:02 PM
I always did all my html by hand for webpages....everyone says it's the stupid way to do it but eh....whatever...
 ZBomber
06-03-2003, 9:13 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't know HTML? :confused:
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

I dunno. Maybe. Its easy for me now, cuz I started at a young age...I was making *basic* websites at the age of 9 or 10.
 SkinWalker
06-03-2003, 10:05 PM
I've been using Word lately and it sucks.... I wanted something that was quick for editing my personal "dashboard" page that I use to access stuff from computers at work, school, Tibet, etc.

I figured Word would be the one program I could count on being everywhere, but it creates so much superlative code and relies so heavily on CSS for everything that I ended up using notepad to edit everything anyway!

The trick with notepad is to set up a template with all the right tags first. Otherwise your eyes will cross after just a few minutes! Now, for you hard-core coders... use the command line and the "copy con" command to create a web page! :D
 StormHammer
06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I've got Dreamweaver, so I use that. I prefer it over GoLive, and Frontpage just sucks. I know enough about HTML to go into the code and adjust something if need be, but I frankly don't have the time to sit down writing code manually in a text editor. ;P

I'll stick with Dreamweaver...until someone designs a plugin for your head that downloads the vision in your mind's eye onto the screen...
 Wacky_Baccy
06-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Dreamweaver, eh? Hmm... Might have to give it a look... Make something pretty in it, then pick it apart to find out how it works o.o
Posted by ZBomber
Am I the only one who doesn't know HTML? :confused: No :)

For the moment, at least... *goes off to learn HTML*

:pPosted by SkinWalker
I've been using Word lately and it sucks.... I wanted something that was quick for editing my personal "dashboard" page that I use to access stuff from computers at work, school, Tibet, etc.Ah yes, Tibet, etc........ :p

What's Tibet like, in all seriousness? :DNow, for you hard-core coders... use the command line and the "copy con" command to create a web page! :D LOL

I often use that method for some light batch scripting... Might have to try HTML that way :D
 =(BoD)= M.D.B.
06-04-2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

You are not the only :p But I didnt know that nearly everybody here knows html.
 Lynk Former
06-04-2003, 9:29 PM
most people here probably only know HTML 4.01 Transitional, I use that, only because it's more flexable... I can do Strict but the real thing I'm learning is XHTML
 Jedi Apprentice
06-05-2003, 12:51 AM
Well, I heard some guys on IRC saying that TextPad was good for html, php, etc.

Can anyone direct me to a website or three that teaches the basics of html and/or php?

Thanks in advance. ;)
 StarWarsPhreak
06-05-2003, 2:20 PM
I learned most of my HTML from this site:
http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/)

And learned some more along with some others at this site:
http://www.w3schools.com/)

the w3 site has lots of other tutorials good for webbuilding.... gah, I do not get ASP....
Page: 1 of 1