Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Oooh! Holding second saber upside down?

Page: 1 of 1
 babywax
05-23-2003, 1:50 PM
http://www.gamingfiles.com/screenshots/7/others/academy_021.jpg)
Right hand, it appears that she is holding one rightside up and other upside down!
 Prime
05-23-2003, 1:53 PM
It appears so. :)
 Spider AL
05-23-2003, 1:58 PM
That would be a welcome addition to the animations. Little touches. Little touches.
 StormHammer
05-23-2003, 3:34 PM
Yeah, this was pointed out already in another thread a little while ago. :)

Good, isn't it? ;)

And I still love that saber twirl...
 Smood
05-24-2003, 2:55 AM
Originally posted by Spider AL
That would be a welcome addition to the animations. Little touches. Little touches.

Please. Al doesn't know much about anything so pay no attention to him.
 Matariel
05-24-2003, 3:18 AM
lay off it smoody my man...such hate....

anyways, this looks pretty cool, for one of those spinny moves the jedi do in the movies where nobody can hit them, and they slice apart dozens of enemies at once :)

i'd really love to see some of the new moves possible with the 'staff' sabre and the two sabres, its open to some pretty cool moves..although also open to massive spamming of these moves which i hated in jk2, but meh...
 StormHammer
05-24-2003, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Smood
Please. Al doesn't know much about anything so pay no attention to him.

Smood, I've warned you before. I recommend you click the link in my sig and refresh your memory concerning rules about flaming. Thank you. :cool:

As for the reversed saber...I imagine it is automatically used for certain moves and attacks, and probably only for dual sabers. I doubt that we can configure it so that we always use one (or two) sabers like that. I also doubt that single saber users get to use it...but to my mind it would make a nice addition to single saber combat, especially if it incorporated the stabbing deathblow Obi-Wan used on the beast in AOTC. :)
 Solbe M'ko
05-24-2003, 4:00 PM
Well, the backstab from JO changedd the way you held the saber, so you're probably correct. If the combat system is the same, it is most likely that all of those fancy moves will just be animations that go on their own, not new stances, etc.
 PrimoSidone
05-24-2003, 5:11 PM
maybe because it is still alpha.... i am sure they will fix the bug... or we could threathen them..... fix the bug or get a baseball to ur head :D:D:D
 babywax
05-25-2003, 12:52 AM
That would be extremely cool to hold one saber that way and get better blocking but lowered attack.
 Emon
05-25-2003, 1:40 AM
Al doesn't know much about anything so pay no attention to him.

Being a long time member of the Jedi Knight community, including one of the best players, and the fact that he has proven himself very knowledgeable about many things over the years forces me to disagree with that reasoning.
 HertogJan
05-25-2003, 5:39 AM
Originally posted by Emon
Being a long time member of the Jedi Knight community, including one of the best players, and the fact that he has proven himself very knowledgeable about many things over the years forces me to disagree with that reasoning.

You've put that very nicely :D

Oh and StormHammer, I agree; it's probably just part of an animation, some special move or something... It looks great though!!
 Anakin1607
05-26-2003, 2:40 AM
There are a few other screen shots as well that show the reverse hand, and you can see a few reverses in the trailer as well.
 Prime
05-27-2003, 1:09 PM
Please. Al doesn't know much about anything so pay no attention to him. How is he wrong about That would be a welcome addition to the animations. Little touches. Little touches.Are you saying that improved animation and attention to detail are a bad thing? :confused:
 Emon
05-28-2003, 2:17 AM
He isn't wrong. Smood's just mad that his arguments get owned so much by Al, so he takes out his anger by asking for a ban like that.
 Icemaniax
05-28-2003, 5:14 AM
cool, but who cares! we can finally beat the crud out of Jawa's!! woo hoooo!
:jawa :slsaber:

it is cool though :)
 taekwondo joe
05-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by iceman87
cool, but who cares! we can finally beat the crud out of Jawa's!! woo hoooo!
:jawa :slsaber:

it is cool though :) what he said
Page: 1 of 1