Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ban DHMO!

Page: 1 of 1
 ShadowTemplar
05-21-2003, 8:00 AM
Try reading this (http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html), and tell me whether you think that dihydrogenmonoxide (DHMO) should be banned.

Considering all these warning signs, isn't it reasonable to demand that DHMO is banned?
 wassup
05-21-2003, 8:36 PM
Ooo I remember this from 9th grade Biology class. :eek:

Ya dihydrogenmonoxide should be banned since it causes so many deaths each year...

...like drowning. For those of you who haven't figured this out yet, I pity you.
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-21-2003, 9:12 PM
Remembers that old quote:
One death is a tragedy.
Thousand deaths are a disaster.
A million deaths.. are just statistics.

Car accidents
Drowning

All these things are well known, but "just statistics". I guess that if we really want people to survive, we'll have to invent new alien names for every "forgotten" accident. If we spelled "drunk driving" backwards, the likes of wassup would storm out and fight it before they knew what they were hitting.

Seriously, though, why DHMO? Why not something we can prevent without being state ministers?
 ShadowTemplar
05-23-2003, 7:27 AM
Come on. Is there really no-one here who cares about the hazards of DHMO?
 munik
05-24-2003, 12:27 AM
I think the only way someone would fall for this is if they were:
Severely mentally retarded,
Had the reading aptitude of a 1st grader, and did not know what the prefix di or mono meant
did not know what hydrogen and oxygen are, thus supporting the first bullet item

So, I just figure this is a trap for those on this board who meet the above criteria. Very clever. I would have enjoyed it more if there were actually people who "took up the fight", so to speak.
 ET Warrior
05-24-2003, 12:54 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! NOT DIHYDROGENMONOXIDE!!!!!!

;)

I think, in fact, it SHOULD be banned.....I never liked it that much anyways..............milk is way better.
 Jed
05-24-2003, 1:12 AM
You know, to this day, I still don't know how to swim in it.

:D

And it if it's too hot it'll burn you when you take a shower. By all means ban it. :p :D
 Tyrion
05-24-2003, 1:13 AM
Oh crap,I'm made of more than 75% DIHYDROGENMONOXIDE!!!!!!

:p
 SkinWalker
05-24-2003, 2:03 AM
I'm actually addicted to the stuff.... so I hope they don't ban it.... where will I get my fix? :(
 Jah Warrior
05-24-2003, 5:24 AM
well if it IS dangerous then it should at least be controlled and only made purchasable by license, otherwise who cares, I'v never heard of it killing anyone up till now, in fact its the first I'd heard of it.
 XWING5
05-24-2003, 5:05 PM
If you don't like it, then ban it. But I am undecided whether it should be nationally banned. Like everything, seems that there are good and bad sides.
 SkinWalker
05-25-2003, 2:31 AM
Originally posted by XWING5
If you don't like it, then ban it. But I am undecided whether it should be nationally banned. Like everything, seems that there are good and bad sides.

You did understand that this was a joke, right? DHMO is water. In fact, I wish I'd used this as my April Fools' joke instead of my "conversion." :D
 XWING5
05-25-2003, 7:31 PM
Shhhhhh...... I am playin' along. ;)

(I was going to put something much like OJ, but figured that would be too much)
 Wudan
05-27-2003, 6:07 PM
Actually, we should conserve it so future generations may enjoy some fresh DHMO.

Of course, if we don't, you know I'm down for some nasty DHMO.
Page: 1 of 1