Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Moldy Crow

Page: 1 of 1
 ewok mercenary
05-20-2003, 7:49 AM
Just wondering, but will the Moldy Crow model have a new skin by the time the mod is released? Don't get me wrong, I think it's some great work but its just that some of it looks the wrong colour, and some of the detail is wrong...
 Katarn07
05-20-2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by ewok mercenary
Just wondering, but will the Moldy Crow model have a new skin by the time the mod is released? Don't get me wrong, I think it's some great work but its just that some of it looks the wrong colour, and some of the detail is wrong...

The only thing I think may be wrong (haven't played the demo in a while, so I may be mistaken) is that it is to gray instead of all brown...
 Darth_Linux
05-21-2003, 3:58 AM
well the skin isn't perfect, but then again nothing in a amatuer made mod is, so it'll probably not be changed unless we finish all the models and skins ahead of schedule and have the time to go back and tweak all the little things.
 ewok mercenary
05-21-2003, 7:49 AM
Well the only things I thought were wrong was:

1.) The "guts on the outside" behind the cockpit is in the wrong place.

2.) Grey instead of brown

and 3.) I thought that there were more visible armour panels on the Crow (I'm probably wrong though)

EDIT: Just to show you what I mean:

Here's the MOD's Crow:
http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/screenshots/levels/03/00.jpg)

The Moldy Crow in the DF loading screen:
http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/screenshots/misc/menu/loading.jpg)

And here's a fairly accurate diagram:
http://www.karimnassar.com/phoenix/modeling/images/mc_ortho.jpg)
 Fracman
05-23-2003, 5:44 AM
Thanks for the list. Somewhere I also have a nice 3D model.
And don't forget the Crow in the JK cutscene animations...
 The Count
05-23-2003, 1:45 PM
I always thought the Crow looked pretty "compressed" but meh it won't ruin my gaming experience.
 The_One
05-23-2003, 2:05 PM
I thought it was brilliant! I'll never forget playing that build of the demo - when everything finally came together with the working Crow, final textures, hologram and working doors ;)
 michael_collins
05-25-2003, 9:30 PM
I think hes over stimulated, SEE WHAT UVE DONE TO THE WEBMASTER!
 Fracman
05-26-2003, 7:35 PM
No, The_One is fine.
I remember when in an early state of the demo level, the Crow appeared out of the dark, like a ghost ship, and kept beeing translucent... you know, like you grab a weapon in MP game...
that was very mystic ;)
 chris the cynic
05-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Just as MotP comes between DF and JK we know learn of a new chapter, just after JK comes the untold saga Moldy Crow: The Ghost Ship.

Kyle begins to hear that the story of his old ship, the Crow, didn't end with its destruction. There are rumors that it was inhabited by the power of the Valley. It is said that it now wanders the galaxy, doing… things.
MC: TGS is spawned.

I have a theory, every time someone says something you can make a mod with a weak story from it, this is test number one.
Page: 1 of 1