Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Solbe M'ko
05-03-2003, 3:50 PM
(Please excuse my ignorance)

What's really going to change in this mod?

Will there be new force powers?

Is there a way to include NPCs in multiplayer games?

Is it possible to have more than one map run in a server (for example, could a player escape to a distant world while his enemy remains somewhere else)?

:horn:
 razorace
05-03-2003, 4:15 PM
Check the website for details, the actual plan is too long and elaberate to explain here. The recent interview linked on the links page of the site has a lot of insight on the subject.
 razorace
05-03-2003, 4:29 PM
As for your specific questions:

yes, there will be new or improved force powers.

no, there won't be NPCs in MP. That would require a lot of AI work that we don't think it worth the effort at this point.

No, that would require engine changes that we can't do.
 Solbe M'ko
05-03-2003, 4:51 PM
You probably get lots of dumb requests like this, but may I suggest you consider including the Darkside force-net power used by the dark jedi in "Star by Star"? It's like a fishnet that covers the target and slowly contracts, cutting the target into chunks of flesh. If you hav'nt read it, I implore you to do so.
 Solbe M'ko
05-03-2003, 5:09 PM
Will there be RPG elements? Non linear storyline elements (like thos in Mechwarrior: Online)?

Also, what time-period will this mod take place in? Will you try to stay accurate to the timeline?
:duel:

-PS- Sorry for all the questions, but I am very interested in what you are proposing with this mod.
 razorace
05-03-2003, 5:35 PM
We're probably sticking with the force powers seen in the movies. The EU stuff tends to make the Jedi overpowered.

Yes, there will be a RPG sort of skills system. We're going to have a open skills (no class restrictions) system with an optional leveling up system based on score.

There's no set time period but I'd say the movie saga time since that's what the mod is based on.
 Solbe M'ko
05-03-2003, 5:45 PM
Do you intend to include new models specifically for this mod, or will players be expected to use existing models?
:lurkblast
I only ask because I personally find the default models/skins to be extremely limited for a starwars game.

-PS- Thanks for you're time, I appreciate it.
 razorace
05-03-2003, 6:04 PM
Nothing you'll see. There's some models changes internally for hit detection purposes but not anything you'll see.

If you want additional models, you can just add them like you do normally.
 Solbe M'ko
05-05-2003, 9:09 PM
I don't suppose you'll be making new textures to make the game a bit darker like ANH or ESB. Will this mod be based more on the original trilogy, or the new movies?
 razorace
05-05-2003, 9:58 PM
Just the movies in general.

We're trying to keep down on the other non-gameplay related stuff to keep the download size small.
 Solbe M'ko
05-06-2003, 3:08 AM
That's cool. I look forward to it.
Page: 1 of 1