Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Matrix

Page: 1 of 1
 sematriclen
04-12-2003, 7:16 AM
Ok iv just started to work on this map along with theed which is almost done...but the matrix map is the city where agent smith captures morpheous and neo and trinity rescues him it will include the main building where they kept him and a few semers and the railway station and some more buildings and stuff and other suggestions or pics of the area would be great if any1 has the time
 .:Solusar:.
04-12-2003, 7:23 AM
WoW that sounds like a cool map!. I haven't seen Matrix in a long long time but i sort of remember that part or that scene in the movie. Well anyway I wish you good luck on your um map.:D
 Altus_Thrawn
04-12-2003, 7:37 AM
I recently saw Matrix, that sounds like an excellent map.
 The Truthful Liar
04-12-2003, 7:54 AM
I don't see you showcasing anything, especially if you've just started I can imagine you're a long way from doing that. If you have pictures of your map to show then you can PM me to unlock this thread.
 sematriclen
04-12-2003, 8:51 AM
 Eldritch
04-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Nothing like a window and the inside of goggles to really show off a Matrix map. :lol:

Say, what happened to Theed, eh?
 sematriclen
04-14-2003, 1:27 AM
well there was a WIP here on theed but its gone for some reason and its not finished i can get the forcefields right nobody has given me a way to do it yet..............................
 sematriclen
04-14-2003, 1:43 AM
well just a quick question is there anysuggestions for the map???
 sematriclen
04-15-2003, 8:29 AM
ok iv got new screenies on my webpage at www.uba-council.filetap.com/matrix.html) so check em out and give me some input :)
 wedge2211
04-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Good God (wait...need a Star Wars exclamation...Sithspit!) --what color settings do you use? You can barely see a thing through the goggles.
 Eldritch
04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
And it's a little devoid of detail. Try making the rooms smaller, everything seems a bit too large; that should make it easier to fill up with details.
 sematriclen
04-20-2003, 8:29 AM
just a few questions can u make ladders or sumthin like that cos im gonna make the tower thing that neo was gonna climb out of but i dont know how u can get up it and how do u change the light settings cos i want it to be well lit i have heaps of lights in there but its not as bright as id like it i dont want it bright just good sort oh and any suggestions on how to put more detail in it iv only been working on it for a week now but yeah............and do u know any shaders or know any1 who can make a shader for me like there is building going on for a long way in the horizon like in NY i can make them but i dont know how to make them look like they are real in a matter of words i suck at shaders at the mo i only learned how to do them today but yeah and if any1 has and resoures from the matrix it would be appreciated :D

thanx heaps..................sematriclen
 Leslie Judge
04-20-2003, 9:06 AM
You can make ladders. Make the ladder itself, then make a new brush as you would make a trigger and place it in front of the ladder. Cover it with system/ladder.

Fot a brighter scene make a few light entities with a higher light value.
 sematriclen
04-23-2003, 10:27 PM
ok thanx bout the system/ladder thing ill use that now but with the higher entity light thing i know how to do it i just dont want those patches of light where its has a circle of bright light so how do i get round that???????
Page: 1 of 1