Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ummm....problem guys

Page: 1 of 1
 xcountryman03
04-01-2003, 4:01 AM
um.... we got a problem everyone whos a fan on the DF project. according to the website, lucasarts just canned it. if you need more proof visit the site.....:( :( :( :( :( :(
 MilesTeg
04-01-2003, 5:46 AM
:eek:
 MilesTeg
04-01-2003, 6:00 AM
well, goodbye. I think I will leave this mod till things calm down.

Damn you Dave... :mad:

Good luck to the other teammembers :(
 xpensivelesbian
04-01-2003, 7:06 AM
april fools i think. had me going for a bit, then i looked at the date. ho ho.

you can't beat that british wit.
 reaper1576
04-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Well i would like to say this from the DF2E team we have contacted LEC a number of times and recived nothing saying yes or no or any legal warnings if this is a joke its not a funny one if it is i wish them the best of luck with the Court case
 The Count
04-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I have bought every single Star Wars game that came out for the PC and Game Cube, I have supported them even when crappy games like Yoda Stories and Episode One came out I Bought them and how to they treat me by telling me to piss off you can't have your Dark Forces Mod we want money, this is an outrage the team has done so much to and they kill it like this, illegal material ha half the people who would download this have Dark Forces anyway, this is pathetic Jedi Knight II is obselete now just as Dark Forces is.

No, you're not allowed to curse. Don't do it.

~Nine
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey, I am as mad as you, and I am sure most of you guys know it! I haven't been with the project since it came on, but since I joined in October, I have been with you guys 100%.

But, D00ku, as a LFJA member, I do not believe this is a valid thread and it should be merged into the other 2 concerning this. Also, that language is very inappropriate. I will not contact a mod, however...
 The Count
04-01-2003, 11:07 AM
I am disgusted I think this language is needed personally., I've benn following it since May!
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku
I am disgusted I think this language is needed personally., I've benn following it since May!

I like the av. I support you in your feeling towards it and am getting a av made for myself too.

But just because you are pissed does not mean you should spam, swear, and bypass the filter to do so. I will have to contact an admin to correct it since both Rich and Dave are not on. I don't want to do that, so I am going to ask you to delete this thread and post your thoughts in the 2 other ones, minus the swears.

Thankyou.

*** I know I am not a mod, but aspire to do my very best to follow the code of the LFJA.
 The Count
04-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Can you atleast donate me your credits?
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Yeah, but you know I am also a member of the FTF and would have to finish everyone on my list...

And are you saying I have to pay you to delete this. No, that's not right...
 The Count
04-01-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm not saying you have to pay to delete this but in showing support you could atleast give me your 23 credits.

Greedy little sunuvagun, aren't you? We don't do this either.

~Nine
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku
I'm not saying you have to pay to delete this but in showing support you could atleast give me your 23 credits.

Read my title, location, and wanna see my av in progress?

Here (http://http://www.bonetweb.com/antonpanton/k07av.gif) File size is too big though, in the mean time, I'd use yours if you let me...

*** I got the av small enough now. I support you 100%, but to go that far? It's almost like them anti-war protestors. State it peacefully without breaking the law, or in this case, the rules.
 The Count
04-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Sure you can use mine.
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 11:32 AM
I got one.

Now, could you please copy paste this into another one then delete this thread?

I just don't wanna be stereotyped like the anti-war people as a guy that breaks forum rules because LEC is either making one sick, twisted joke or seriously cancelling the remake of one of their greatest games...

*** Ummm, here is what a mod told me what to do

Originally quoted by ---
Woooah!Just had a look at the posts over there, it's pretty bad. Unfortunately, I'm restricted to the --- forum in terms of moderator abilities

Well, report the abusive/spam posts to the administrator and/or PM the mod's of the forum...if all else fails, get the admins in there. Do something quick though,

Do what you will.... I'll have to do that if you don't merge and censor... I really don't want to.
 Silas_Kar
04-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Man I was really looking foward for this mod to come out :(
I wish the DF team best of luck in court. :( :(
 xcountryman03
04-01-2003, 11:58 AM
wait wait wait......so this is a joke?:confused: i'll wait till i get solid confirmation about that before i laugh
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by xcountryman03
wait wait wait......so this is a joke?:confused: i'll wait till i get solid confirmation about that before i laugh

Wait?

You're going to laugh at that joke? If it is a joke, I sure won't. It is sick, twisted, and evil. And if it is, my avatar will stay the same with the text at the end being: Stop the Sick Jokes....
 StormHammer
04-01-2003, 1:08 PM
Okay, let's just try to calm down, shall we people?

If that notice is genuine, then the mod team have my sympathy. However, Lucasarts would be perfectly within their rights to take any action they deem necessary, because they do hold the license to make Star Wars games. I had always assumed that permission had at least been sought to continue production of the Mod. If such permission was sought, and Lucasarts gave no response, well, that's not very helpful on their part.

If the notice is a joke, I have to say it's in pretty bad taste.

The only way you are going to know for certain is if Rich or Dave actually make contact...or you wait until tomorrow to see if the notice remains. Let's not do anything rash or hasty...and most of all don't take your frustrations out on the other members here.
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Let's not do anything rash or hasty...and most of all don't take your frustrations out on the other members here.

Are my title, avatar, and location over the top?

*** As I write this, there are 9 LFers here, all but me, D00ku, and Stormhammer are team members... Did you get the bad news or are you laughing at us?
 StormHammer
04-01-2003, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Are my title, avatar, and location over the top?

Well, don't you think you're being just a tad reactionary, here? You know it's April 1st, and people do screwy things. Ask yourself why that notice should appear on this particular day in the year?

As I said before, wait until tomorrow, when all the pranksters are sleeping off laughing so hard...and if the notice is still there, then you can get annoyed.

Having said that...please remove all swear words from Sigs, Avs, and other information. These forums are still open to age 13 and above, and it's inappropriate.

Let's put it another way...I wouldn't want to have to take action against any member if this is a prank...
 Lundquist
04-01-2003, 1:47 PM
This CAN'T be anything else than a joke, I'm pretty sure it's The_One (Rich?) who's made it look like one of the official Lucasarts press releases, and put it up there.
Besides what are the chances that Lucasarts closes it exactly on April 1st?
lol, I think it's a pretty funny joke:D (but that's just me)
 Geoffrey S
04-01-2003, 2:01 PM
Posted by someone else somewhere else, but wouldn't it be funny if LEC sued the mod for using official artwork on the April Fool site?
 DSettahr
04-01-2003, 2:31 PM
 DSettahr
04-01-2003, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey S
Posted by someone else somewhere else, but wouldn't it be funny if LEC sued the mod for using official artwork on the April Fool site?

Lol, I had that thought myself. False representation or some such thing.
Page: 1 of 1