Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another name for MotF?

Page: 1 of 1
 UDM
03-31-2003, 11:34 PM
I think MotF should be given a second name ie. Masters of the Force aka xxx ---> xxx being the second name

I don't think many players enjoy using force powers, so the name would give them the wrong concept. It did give me the wrong concept too, and initially, I thought "Lol another force mod". It was until I read the description (movie-like fighting) that it got me. I'm not saying MotF should have it's original name totally removed, just that it should be known in another name to give players the idea that it's based more on movie-like fighting
 razorace
04-01-2003, 12:31 AM
You mean something like "Masters of the Force: The Future of Saber Combat"?

You might be right about the name choice. I choose the name based on something that sounded like a profession Star Wars project instead of by the JK2 mod style of calling-it-what-it-does. You'll notice that each release does have a tagline but nothing like a surname like you suggested.

I don't know. I'm not sure a surname would help since everyone would still use MotF or Masters of the Force whenever they refer to the mod.

I say stick it to the public and stay with the current name. I like it the way it is. That's unless you come up with something better. :)
 UDM
04-01-2003, 1:37 AM
I think Omnimod had an older name. I think it was Jedi++ or something...

An example: "Masters of the Force R3 (aka Saberz Warfare)" or somink like that :)
 razorace
04-01-2003, 1:50 AM
Yeah, JediMod++ and JediPlus.

So are you talking about a per - release surname then?
 UDM
04-01-2003, 1:51 AM
Mmm technically yeah :)
 razorace
04-01-2003, 2:01 AM
uhhh...ok
Page: 1 of 1