Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Beta Server(s) Thread

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
03-31-2003, 5:49 PM
BOFH has offered to host a beta server of the mod so I'm starting this thread to keep everyone informed about what the heck is going on with the server. The team has talked it over and we've accepted. I'll let people know when it's up and where you can hit it.

The Beta can be found at http://personal.palouse.net/razorace/MotFR3B3.zip). The current public beta version is Release 3 Beta 3. Please don't host your own perminate servers without letting me know. You can host temp servers to test the game thou. :)

Please note that the beta doesn't have the manual or trueview.cfg packed. Get those from the R2 release if you need them. In addition, if you're using the same dir for the beta, you NEED to delete the old .pk3 for this beta to work right.

The Server isn't up yet.

UPDATE 4/7/03: I've repacked Beta 3 with the readme and stuff. It's the same version of code so you don't need to redownload it if you have B3 already. The d/l link has been changed to reflect this.
 razorace
03-31-2003, 6:29 PM
Things I've fixed:

Saber System:
Sabers now do passthru damage. This means that the saber can cause damage to multiple targets at once.

General problem with Ghoul2 hit detection bug fixed (Error message about the ghoul2 hitzones not working correctly). This also fixed the problem of the fragments from the frag gun sticking to the saber.

Animation:
Turned on animation blending for saberlocks. No real ingame effect but it looks better.

Added motf_debugblade.

Many of the debug stuff reports time in addition to the other data.

Personal duelers now auto dodge disruptor shots from people out side the Duel.

Fixed major saber hit detection bug I caused in R2. There wasn't a in game effect but it doubled the workload per hit detection per frame. I didn't realize that you can't have multiple saber scans because you end up hitting your own saber entity once the ignore changes to the next missed entity. I can't do anything about this. This is a engine limitation.

Thingy that are Known to Be Screwed Up:

There's a fair amount of body passthru for some reason. I think server/client animations aren't matching 100% but I'm not sure.

The Stances aren't really balanced. Red is too slow to be useful.
 razorace
04-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, I just posted the location of the beta file at the start of the thread so you can d/l and try it.
 razorace
04-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok, as far as I can tell, BOFH's cold shouldering me now that I showed interested in him hosting a server. Sorry guys, unless the situation changes, there's no beta server for now. :(
 Code
04-02-2003, 11:49 PM
hey razorace
just a note u might want to delete the . in the url
gives 404 :blaze6: arg ;)

im going to try it out now! :thmbup1:

:wan:

Regards
Code
 razorace
04-03-2003, 1:16 PM
Fixed!
 UDM
04-03-2003, 9:34 PM
Alright that's so cool, I'm gonna get it now
 razorace
04-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Added warning about the lack of a trueview.cfg
 UDM
04-04-2003, 7:03 AM
Ok I've already tried it out with bots. I don't think the body passthru is due to server-client problems, though it may partially be so. I think it's more toward the fact that the on certain parts of the body and saber, they don't detect each other, so it just passes thru. Just a thought
 razorace
04-04-2003, 2:22 PM
Don't detect each other? That's not right.... Which parts?
 UDM
04-04-2003, 7:57 PM
Still happens, most of the time in the torso area. I'll go double-check it to re-confirm
 UDM
04-04-2003, 8:04 PM
K got it, I realised after an attack ie. red, when the saber trails were coming back, they were not doing any damage. By rights this should cut off some health. Also, the bot's saber went through me, around the upper torso (1/4 of it from the upper part) to the lower head area
 razorace
04-04-2003, 9:16 PM
interesting. I'll check it out.
 UDM
04-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Oh and sabers don't do damage when they touch an opponent
 razorace
04-05-2003, 1:33 AM
I know. Idle Saber damage has been disabled since R1. Since you can just freely break thru defenses with idle saber damage it causes problems. I'll probably fix that at some point.
 razorace
04-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Bah, BOFH's not doing jack. I'm assuming this was just a plot to get valuable MotF source code.

Anyway, I'm desticking this thread since the chances of a beta server are now slim.
 Code
04-07-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm assuming this was just a plot to get valuable MotF source code

beware the omni galactic army :sweat:

to hard to just copy MotF is :yoda:

:laughing: <--- Razor Ace

Code
 razorace
04-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Yeah, that's why the MotF source code is a state secret. :)
 UDM
04-09-2003, 8:45 AM
And the persecution of people who attempt to steal it? :D
 razorace
04-09-2003, 3:23 PM
nah.
Page: 1 of 1