Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Bugs/Problems/Limitations Thread

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
03-29-2003, 2:19 PM
This is a thread for reporting/discussing known bugs/problems/limitations for MotF.

Known Bugs:

Dedicated Server Crashing (MotF R3 B3) - Dedicated Servers seem to crash whenever a player is hit by a missile/bolt shot. Until we figure out the problem either host without the dedicated server mode or run saber only servers.

Old Bugs:

"Client Didn't use Ghoul2 Hitzones" Fixed in R3 - Seems to happen almost randomly. It seems to happen when you're hit by multiple damage hits in a short amount of time.

Segmentation Error (Dedicated Server Package bug) Fixed in R3 - MotF crashes with a segmentation error when you use only the dedicated server package without installing the main game. I'll try to get MotF R3 out ASAP so you can actually host MotF games. :)
 Purple_Tentacle
03-30-2003, 11:46 PM
this is my first attempt at using a mod.

i downloaded the zip, extracted the files into my 'gamedata' folder. then i ran the game, went to options, clicked on the 'masters of the force' then clicked on 'load mod (or whatever it says there)' the screen flickers then loads up the main screen.

- at this point i am figuring it has loaded the mod

so i start a server up and when i hit 'start game' it exits the program.

any idea as to what i am doing wrong here ??
 razorace
03-30-2003, 11:54 PM
My best guess is that you haven't patched the game to 1.04 yet.
 Purple_Tentacle
03-31-2003, 12:08 AM
good call

:rolleyes: @ myself
 UDM
03-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Just some model problems (already mentioned though):

- Saber going thru models without hitting them

Limitations:

- Unbalanced fighting styles ie. Red too useless/random

I'd recommend you looking thru singleplayer and other mods like promod for reference on the fighting

Oh and a question: will you guys be removing red? I seriously think you ought to, and replace it with another stance of your own. Or maybe modifying Red's accuracy/power, for example, when it knocks a saber (which normally hits the enemy in a standard MP game), the enemy's saber flies off to a distance
 razorace
03-31-2003, 1:21 AM
Yeah, I've noticed the saber passthru problem. I'm pretty sure it's something that was in the game originally. I'll fix it once I figure out what the heck is wrong with it. :)

As for the unbalanced stances, that's also a problem with vanilla JK2. We'll be replacing the stance system with a "style" based system eventually.
 Spedema28
03-31-2003, 10:53 PM
" "Client Didn't use Ghoul2 Hitzones" - Seems to happen almost randomly. It seems to happen when you're hit by multiple damage hits in a short amount of time. "

I can trigger this one on purpose. it happens when i deflect shots into bots shoulders in mp.

zGir
 Raziellus
03-31-2003, 11:22 PM
From what I've noticed since using this mod, as far as bugs go, is that it doesn't work in single player, though that's not a big deal, it doesn't allow you to run on walls anymore or do the jumps off of them and I've yet to be able to do the yellow stance special move (other then in single player, when the mod doesn't seem to be in effect).
Some other ideas that I had for inclusion would be the front and side roles changed to the cartwheels and the butterfly kick instead of the rear role.
I was also wondering if it was possible to have the cartwheels do damage and act as a kick does and I don't know if the butterfly kick's swinging of the lightsaber does damage or not but that would be a cool addition too.
Being able to shoot from a cartwheel, at least the minor guns (not the sniper rifle's or the rocket launcher's secondary fires) would be incredible as well.
Also, I was wondering if it'd be possible to allow the running on walls to be infinite in distance instead of the 5 or so steps so long as you have a force pool left or you choose to jump off. Maybe with this also adding an option to strafe towards the wall while already on it before pressing jump and having this result be the back flip being performed starting from the sideways position. Do you understand what I mean? Also, by starting on the floor then pressing strafe twice and jump twice it'd be possible to do the back flip from a strafe instead of running straight at the wall, thus also resulting in a rotation in the direction that you are looking by 90 degrees. This is A Lot to ask, I know, but at this point I'm just trying to give you ideas.
Thanks for your time and the effort that you've put into this.
 razorace
04-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Spedema28
" "Client Didn't use Ghoul2 Hitzones" - Seems to happen almost randomly. It seems to happen when you're hit by multiple damage hits in a short amount of time. "

I can trigger this one on purpose. it happens when i deflect shots into bots shoulders in mp.

zGir
Don't worry, this has already been fixed for R3.
 razorace
04-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Raziellus
From what I've noticed since using this mod, as far as bugs go, is that it doesn't work in single player, though that's not a big deal, it doesn't allow you to run on walls anymore or do the jumps off of them and I've yet to be able to do the yellow stance special move (other then in single player, when the mod doesn't seem to be in effect).
Uh, that stuff is still in there. You probably didn't put enough points in Force Jump.
Some other ideas that I had for inclusion would be the front and side roles changed to the cartwheels and the butterfly kick instead of the rear role.
maybe. We'll see....
I was also wondering if it was possible to have the cartwheels do damage and act as a kick does and I don't know if the butterfly kick's swinging of the lightsaber does damage or not but that would be a cool addition too.
Being able to shoot from a cartwheel, at least the minor guns (not the sniper rifle's or the rocket launcher's secondary fires) would be incredible as well.
Maybe, that's all possible but it would take some coding to do.
Also, I was wondering if it'd be possible to allow the running on walls to be infinite in distance instead of the 5 or so steps so long as you have a force pool left or you choose to jump off. Maybe with this also adding an option to strafe towards the wall while already on it before pressing jump and having this result be the back flip being performed starting from the sideways position. Do you understand what I mean? Also, by starting on the floor then pressing strafe twice and jump twice it'd be possible to do the back flip from a strafe instead of running straight at the wall, thus also resulting in a rotation in the direction that you are looking by 90 degrees. This is A Lot to ask, I know, but at this point I'm just trying to give you ideas.
Thanks for your time and the effort that you've put into this.
Again, maybe. I'll try to keep your suggestions in mind but making the game accept double taps would require writting a control buffer.
 UDM
04-01-2003, 1:41 AM
Another issue: When saber is drawn, the character still can block saber attacks
 razorace
04-01-2003, 1:58 AM
Drawn and not turned on? Weird. Again, that's a problem with the basejk2 code and not my doing.
 Darth Hayt
04-22-2003, 3:18 PM
when playing a multiplayer game against bots, you know, creating my own server, but not actually being online, i get error messages saying: error client 0 ghoul 2 trace landed on unknown surface: 6
also surface 61, 4 and 50 are the most common. i checked and made sure i was using the beta release of MoTF R3 and removed all other mods from the directory.
i just wanna be able to play this mod without these errors, because it ROCKS!
also, only 2 "stances" light and medium....is that right? because in the demo i downloaded from your site, it shows heavy also.......just wondering, and thanx for your time

Darth Hayt

btw: i e-mailed before i found this forum, sorry for the badgering.
:(
 razorace
04-22-2003, 6:44 PM
Have you ever installed a SP "mod" that changed the models in SP or any other modification that alters Kyle's model? I've found that can mess up the Kyle model and make the Ghoul2 hit detection not work.

Not sure why the Red stance isn't working. I've never heard of that problem before...
 razorace
04-23-2003, 3:16 AM
Originally posted by razorace
This is a thread for reporting/discussing known bugs/problems/limitations for MotF.

Known Bugs:

"Client Didn't use Ghoul2 Hitzones" Fixed in R3 B3 - Seems to happen almost randomly. It seems to happen when you're hit by multiple damage hits in a short amount of time.

Segmentation Error (Dedicated Server Package bug) Fixed in R3 B3 - MotF crashes with a segmentation error when you use only the dedicated server package without installing the main game.

Possible Bugs:

Dedicated Servers crashing whenever a bolt weapon impacts something. I've only just got a first report on this. I'm going to need more reports about the specifics of this issue to figure it out.
 razorace
04-23-2003, 3:17 AM
Added a possible dedicated server crash bug involving weapon impacts.
 Darth Hayt
04-23-2003, 12:15 PM
you think that might be it? i would delete it, but does that mean a re-install, if i can't find the original single player kyle file? because i don't see it anywhere.....grrr
frustration....
thanx for your help
Darth Hayt
 happydan
04-23-2003, 7:00 PM
hey,
i still get the ghoul 2 error, and i have R3. i thought it was something to do with saberghoul2collision, but i didnt see any change.
 razorace
04-23-2003, 7:33 PM
Darth Hayt: Sounds like time to reinstall. ACDCFanBill had the same problem.

happydan: Might be it, saberghoul2collision should be on at all times for MotF. I think I set it so it'll work without the saberghoul2collision set, but I never tested it. Please note that in MotF the ghoul 2 collision is always on for collisions wheither saberghoul2collisions is set or not. Please example the exact errors you are getting.
 Code
04-24-2003, 3:35 AM
not to correct u or anything ace but Darth Hayt,
the original Kyle is in assert0.pk3 so if u delete that 'kyle-replacer' pk3
u will b fine and the old kyle will b back !

i used to have that problem tavion->maul
was funny ..*maul screeming like a girl* LOL :rolleyes:
 razorace
04-24-2003, 4:07 PM
You'd think, but apprenently some mods mess with stuff inside the asset files. Poor modding I guess. :)
 Code
04-24-2003, 6:08 PM
:tsk:
 Darth Hayt
04-25-2003, 9:28 AM
I'm going to uninstall JKII, removing all mods and so on to another directory, then i'll re-install, apply the 1.04 patch, and ONLY install MoTF, and I'll get back to you on what happens.
thanx for your help guys

Darth Hayt
 Darth Hayt
04-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Well, the un-install, re-install worked. just played a quick duel against Luke, and everything was great. no errors. :) looking forward to the next incarnation of MoTF!! thanx again!

Darth Hayt
 razorace
04-25-2003, 5:57 PM
Good! Yeah, a lot of mods aren't built well and screw up things.
 razorace
05-12-2003, 7:00 AM
Updated the bug list.
 kusanagi
06-07-2003, 9:18 AM
just downloaded this mod last nite....

This mod rox!!! being spoiled by the near perfect engine of soul calibur II, i was disappointed to find that JK II was such a badly made game in terms of hit frames collsion boxes saber combat etc. and thus far this is the only mod that seems to really try to fix da problems

i dont know is this a limitation, but attacks seems to be interupted by the dodging eg. during mid swing of an attack, sum1 else attack u and u go straight to the dodge animation and no damage taking. r u planning to fix this? or is this part of the design?
there should be a penalty during the attack and in the recovery of the attack, may be u'll get a partial hit or a full hit if the dodge meter is empty.
 razorace
06-07-2003, 4:44 PM
Yeah, that's a bit of a problem. Since the project is cancelled for now, you'll have to live with it. (At least til JKA comes out.) Depending on the engine limitations in JKA, I might restart the project then.
Page: 1 of 1