Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ancient Sith Homeworld (ASH) Map Pack Released!

Page: 1 of 1
 SunBurN
03-27-2003, 10:53 PM
I finally released my ASH map pack over on pcgamemods.com (well actually I submitted them yesterday and they're not up yet). I may also submit them over here depending on how they do over there.

Also, for those of you who have been waiting for the release of the Jedistarfighter Prefab and Sith Infiltrator model Monsoontide created for my maps, well your wait is almost over. I spoke with their creator Monsoontide and he gave me permission to release them in his name. He's been busy with a new job but he told me hes starting a new map of which the idea sounds great! But I'll let him announce it when he's ready. I will tell you it will be another SAGA map!

I'll probably submit the ships this weekend.

That's about it,

SunBurN:D
 Kengo
03-28-2003, 9:12 AM
Amazing news all round :D

:cowdance
 Padawan_7
04-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Sounds great SunBurN!

I was wondering if this map pack was still in production. This is good news! I'll make sure to download it as soon as it's posted. :D

Padawan_7
 Hekx
04-10-2003, 10:44 AM
I haven't been able to get this pack yet. :(

I've only got ahold of the beta from pcgamemods.com

Haven't they put it up yet?

If not, time to bother Sergio. :D
 sematriclen
04-13-2003, 2:06 AM
sounds good ill have to go get asap!!!!
 Hekx
04-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Ancient Sith Homeworld (http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=535ab76633d94208236a2e829ea6d888) by SunBurN

Filesize: 10.09 MB
Gametypes: FFA, Duel and Team FFA.
Filename: ASH.zip

http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/1348/s1.jpg) http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/1348/s2.jpg) http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/1348/s6.jpg)

---
Looking good. :)
Great work.
 wedge2211
04-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Incredible detail, my only worry is that it's more of a goggling map than a playing map. 20 FPS :(
 Eldritch
04-17-2003, 2:52 PM
That was my concern as well. SunBurN, perhaps when JK3 comes out you can port the map over to that? Hopefully by then they'll have worked out how to do large areas...

Still one of the most fantastic looking maps I have seen to date.
 SunBurN
04-17-2003, 5:14 PM
Yeah I know it sucks in the FPS department, there's just too much going on in such large opened areas. But I did do it pretty much like I imagined it, if fact it came out better than what I imagined so in that respect I'm very happy with it. As for the framerate issue, I'll just have to hope everyone buys faster gaming machines so they can experience it and play it the way it was meant to be. It runs decently on my comp, specs are AMD 2000 xp+ (1.67Ghz), 1GB PC266 DDR Ram and a Gforce3 TI 200 128mb DDR video card.

I guess those are specs to shoot for (or higher) when you buy your next gaming machine :)

And, if I can port them over to Jedi Academy (JK3), then I definitely will!

Thanks for the compliments to the map, I appreciate it.

Btw, I'm working on two new duel maps now...kinda getting back into the swing of mapping again. Look for them soon as well as the prefab and model of the ships Monsoontide made!

PS, despite the poor FPS, it does have bot support so you can have fun fighting a couple of bots!:bdroid1:

SunBurN
 12thMonkey
04-18-2003, 1:53 PM
Runs perfectly on my comp too. (2200 xp+, [1.8GHz,] 512 MB DDR PC400 RAM and GeForce 4 Ti4600.)

Best maps I've played in a while, each has a great take on Korriban and where that battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin took place.

My personal favourite is ASH2.
 .:Solusar:.
04-18-2003, 2:06 PM
Dang that map looks Awesome!! I have to get it. I can't wait to play it. Ill get it right now!, heheh Good Job.
 Kengo
04-19-2003, 4:53 AM
I think ASH1 is my favourite, the coloured lighting...ah perfect.

I can't believe you even put in support for the horribly underated Jedi Master gamemode, THATS attention to detail :)
 Lord Infamous
04-20-2003, 1:46 PM
Very nice Sunburn, its so beautiful, bot support, fun layouts.... you da man!
 Eldritch
04-20-2003, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by Shogun Lee
Best maps I've played in a while, each has a great take on Korriban and where that battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin took place.
Supposedly took place, you mean. :D
No one knows for sure yet. Lucas should be the final word on this, and hopefully we'll rid ourselves of this foolish "falls into lava" rumor.
 Kengo
04-20-2003, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Supposedly took place, you mean. :D
No one knows for sure yet. Lucas should be the final word on this, and hopefully we'll rid ourselves of this foolish "falls into lava" rumor.

This rumour seems to have been around since before they started on EP I, and rumours about SW come true more often than I expect. Then again, Lucas is pretty good at throwing surprises in from time to time. Still, with only one part left, it seems like events, whilst not set in stone, are pretty likely to follow a certain path.
 .:Solusar:.
04-21-2003, 10:49 PM
I downloaded the map and i think its very very well done!. Good job!, this might be a dumb question but are you planning on doing any other maps?
Page: 1 of 1