Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

future of MOTF

Page: 1 of 1
 reaper1576
03-27-2003, 1:20 PM
Just wanted to know what are the plans for future versions of this mod and what can we expect to see
 razorace
03-28-2003, 3:27 AM
Well, for immediate plans, I'm working on the saber and animation systems.

Saber:

Blade Collisions boosted to a perpolygon collision system. This means that sabers actually have to touch to count as a saber impact. (WIP)

Reduce the swing speeds by about 50% to make serious saber combat possible instead of a button mashing. (WIP)

Change a LOT of internal stuff. I'm basically gutting and rewriting the whole system as needed. :) (Planned)

Animations:

Add the ability to run animations backwards. This is used in SP for a large number of the animations and might be useable for some really cool saber blade collision bounce stuff. (WIP)

Reorganize the animation calls so it's easier to change/add new animations. (WIP)
 reaper1576
03-28-2003, 6:16 AM
thanks man for the infor sounds very intressting
 razorace
03-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I'd like to think so. :D Haven't had much time to work on it this last week. Been travelling to see family. All the trip stuff will be over tomorrow and then the day will be mine!
 reaper1576
03-28-2003, 10:36 AM
I know how you feel not enought time to work on stuff you want to i got the mod 5 MS Beta Tests and PC troubles my HD died 2 weeks ago lol have you guys got a site up?
 razorace
03-28-2003, 11:39 PM
No website other than here. We haven't found a good webdesigner yet.
 ^_-
03-29-2003, 3:19 PM
well if you have an idea of what you would like i could help out
 razorace
03-29-2003, 3:30 PM
ok dokie. I just PMed you.
 UDM
03-29-2003, 7:42 PM
regarding the saber hitting the other saber so that it counts as blocking, how about an automatic blocking?

I personally thought that the single-player game was way better than multiplayer because it focused more on player skill. Also, when it hits the saber, it would reflect very accurately (see my other thread about this suggestion). Blocking was also more accurate (ie Kyle actually moves his hands to block the saber attacks, unlike MP), try it when fighting in maps like the original Ladder

Wait a minute, that brings something else to mind :D. A suggestion for red: it's useless in the current release of MotF, so why not have it in the next version such that it can break saber defenses and hit the guy, causing him to lose a chunk of dodge points
 razorace
03-29-2003, 8:45 PM
For now (to test the impacts), there's no autoblocking. It was autoblocking everything that hit the body (like normal) and looked like crap with the more impact modeling.

Until I get the animations slowed down and the Mouse Sabering in place, it's only going to be a semi skilled battle. It's much better with just the better impacts as is, thou.
Page: 1 of 1