Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Page: 3 of 5
 KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 8:03 AM
bliv, I appreciate your help... but I don't think you understand...

Picture this scenario:

Three bots...

1. Jedi, saber only (Mace Windu)

2. Merc (Jango Fett)

3. Trooper (BattleDroid)

I'd like all three in the same game.

If I turn off Merc cvars, Jango is a wuss.

If I leave them on, Battledroid carries a saber.

That's the problem.

I don't want a Merc or Jedi Battledroid. I want Merc & Jedi features for some bots, just not all.

Can you dig it? :)
 Bogus
03-10-2003, 10:39 AM
all this is cool and all but where is Azymn Amidst all this beta testing

Where did he go?
 bliv
03-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Ah right see what you are saying now.

Give me time to take a look. I've not been on my Outcast compatible comp since Sunday morning.
 bliv
03-10-2003, 11:30 AM
I can't see any possible way to get the battletrooper thing sorted.

I can only suggest that Azymn adds another class to the Mercs. How about 'Field Trooper' or 'Grunt' etc. With the only weapons available being Blaster Pistol and Blaster Rifle or something. Just while I'm on the point of classes maybe a Sniper class should be added with emphasis on cloaking and ammo regeneration.

And one final thing. Remove the map limit thingy like you did with the model images. It's really annoying to have a limit.
 Azymn
03-10-2003, 5:01 PM
I'll try to hit as many replies as i can before i head up to take a test (i'm in school, that's where i've been)

mariners2001 - I'll check out the scope code, but the grapple isn't finished (the little bugger, i've put it off to get other stuff up and runnin...).

Wamprat013 - Which Tck menu are you using? How do you exit from it?
And with crouching backslash - do you crouch, press back, and hit attack and it doesn't work? If you make Merc binds separate from the equivalent forcepowers, you CAN'T use the same key for both, you'd have to have 5 more separate keys for each merc power. The way it is now, you can have cloak and mindtrick on the same key, which is the most economical.

AOTJ_Craig - That xyz line is a remnant of a lack of model for the anchored hook. I'll check out the lightsaber graphics - i threw them together really quick and just shrunk the thin core from the base tck_saber jpgs.

KaiaSowapit - Han Solo and Jango Fett are the only two *.bot files in beta 2, put there for reference :) To make your battledroids, you can set f_powerbots to 0 - that should get rid of their lightsabers & forcepowers.

Azymn, how bout adding a flag for bots that aren't Jedi or Mercs? Either that or add a seriously watered-down merc class... say blasters only?

I'll add a trooper class to the next build so you can have basic stormtroopers in the future.

i dont think there should be a lightsaber and guns jedi. in jedi v merc mode u should have to chose one or the other
[\quote]
I'll be setting it up so that "Saber Only" servers will force all jedi to use sabers exclusively.

[quote]
do we still need/use the assets_forceMod.pk3?

I think so....i added the files to both just in case, but for some reason the menus don't seem to display the new force levels (Sith Apprentice, Sith Lord, etc...) unless they're in the base directory. You could remove it and see.

Remove the map limit thingy like you did with the model images. It's really annoying to have a limit.

I'll take a look.
 Mace_Windu21
03-10-2003, 7:45 PM
I think the following:
1. Have the mercs be able to jump a little higher, so they can at least get up a 2-foot wall. (even I can jump even higher, like 3-feet in the air)
2. Fix the grapple's look when it is attached to something, and have it pull you straight towords your target, not drag you on the ground until you jump, ect.
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them. Add like a simple 1-button push that does like a kick or add a force power that stuns, or blinds the jedi for like 6 seconds so he/she can get away.
There you have it.
 MasterKoon237
03-10-2003, 8:06 PM
I need some help. I can't get the bot's to be anyone other than the person i pick! Can someone help?
 Deathride
03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
I haven t spent much time playing this mod but the time i spent i thought it was much improved. Out of curiousity i was wondering if Azymn could include a more of a fett class and try making some of the weapons like in Bounty Hunter for PS2. Such as poison darts, id scanning system, gaunylet whipcord, and instead of stunner have them use fists as last resort. :jango:
 KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Hehee, I have a suggestion... name the final release, "ForceMod II: the Mandalorian Edition." :)
 Deathride
03-10-2003, 10:33 PM
hey i kow it would be make it harder to develop but i think it would make it even better then it is.
 darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 12:09 AM
:jango: Well now lets see...Alright now i diddnt look but im sure everyone else has told you about these bugs but i dont know so...Ok first of all the grapple hook has the multi color thing going on wich is weird and i also thought the grapple wire should be either black or white not blue it just looks too messed up. This sux! I cant attach a pic! Well... I guess everyone knows about the mutil color grapple anyway so there is no reason to attach it. Also whats up with the sabers? The thin blade is WAY WAY WAY too big and the wide pretty much covers the whole blade! I also downloaded the cartwheel and when i have 2 blasters and try cart wheeling it screws up :( I dont know what it is but when i cartwheel it starts out fine but at the end when i stand back up again i stay with my waist twisted and my guns in the air (like i just stoped cartwheeling but even if i walk around i am still like it!) and the only way to get rid of it is (as far as i know) jumping off something high and falling to the ground. And another thing is i was wondering if there was any way to make a rocket firing jetpack and i dont think it would be hard to make either like when you switch to it you would knee down and put your head against your chest then when you fire it would just send a rocket from you back. Well anyway i think this is a VERY good mod for playing as merc's but NOT as jedi if i will play as a jedi then i will use the first forcemod mainly cuz of the saber blades. So 8/10 (thats good considering the bugs such as the grapple, saber, and the cartwheel) :fett:
 mariners2001
03-11-2003, 12:17 AM
yeah...the main thing that bugs me is the width of the blades. i like the option for wide, normal, and thin but it's still too wide.

and i also experienced the line problem on the thin saber.
 Azymn
03-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I also downloaded the cartwheel

"The cartwheel"? Well, whoever made the cartwheel didn't expect anyone but jedi with lightsabers to use it (Raven didn't expect people with guns to do flips and the like), which could be the problem...

yeah...the main thing that bugs me is the width of the blades. i like the option for wide, normal, and thin but it's still too wide.

Good to know, but interesting...out of the 3 saber blade thickness, the normal one is the same exact file from ForceMod 1 & JediMod (which is one Tchouky modified for his mod). I took out one line of code at Tchouky's suggestion because he said it would make them look just like the originals, but i guess not, eh? :)

The thin one is the normal normal blade shrunk down, and the wide ones are the "perfect ep2 sabers" by StarWars from jk2files.com.
There will be at least 5 types of blades in the final release, including Exar Kun blades. I was going by what was most downloaded at jk2files.com.
If you have any other requests/preferences, lemme know.
 darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 1:12 AM
Well then the "perfect EP2 saber" maker made the core too big cuz its almost like the whole saber is just made of the core and nothing else. Anyway i just thought of something...If someone could make a lightsaber coloring thing (TCK saber mod or something) then why cant someone make something that you can choose your lightsaber core with the color (i am not talking about how you have it where its just thin normal or wide i am talking about diffining the size of your core so it can be whatever size you want) Well anyway it was just a thought and i know it most likly wont be possible but maybe it is i dunno. Also what do you think about the rocket firing jetpack? Would that be possible? I mean common if you can make 2 blasters and whoever it was that made the two sabers and all the other amazing things couldnt it be possible it make those things?
 Darth Pablix
03-11-2003, 9:38 AM
excelent!

-in some cases, when i used the ammo regen, its consumed batteries as normal. but when i used again, dont eats battery, it just was stopped in regeneration. I was wielding the dual balster and jetpack on the two times

- its possible to CARRY more than a sentry?

- mercs may have some way to confront an flying lightsaber, i think
(maybe turns off the lightsaber when you shoot it)

- how to use the grapple!!!!!?????:atat: :fett:
 Bogus
03-11-2003, 1:08 PM
Lots is being done and Im getting more excited by the minuet

Whats the ETA on a public "release"

If I keep watching all the resonses I could almost Imagine Myself playing even though ive never seen it

ONE thing. in beta 1 how the heck do you become a merc?
 Azymn
03-11-2003, 1:46 PM
darthmaul_541 - All those things are possible, but i'm not planning on adding any more new features so we can release this mod in the near future. :) Perhaps a later edition.

-in some cases, when i used the ammo regen, its consumed batteries as normal. but when i used again, dont eats battery, it just was stopped in regeneration. I was wielding the dual balster and jetpack on the two times

Were you full of ammo? It should only stop if you've maxed out your ammo supply. Lemme know if this is not the case.

- its possible to CARRY more than a sentry?

No.

- mercs may have some way to confront an flying lightsaber, i think
(maybe turns off the lightsaber when you shoot it)

I'll try to find some way to balance this, as it's the most powerful weapon against mercs. Does everyone else agree that saberThrow is too strong?

- how to use the grapple!!!!!?????

Look in the menus under controls->forcemod and bind it to a key, and make sure in the main forcemod menu that your class can use it.

Oh.....bliv and KaiaSowapit - try making the droids merc 4 right now....it just might have the effect you want in making them basic droids without having to set f_powerbots to 0.
 darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 2:14 PM
Yea i think it would be...a little better if there was some way to destroy a saberthrow but...it that even near possible? Well anway who here is ibidetalitis? Well i gots to go so cya all later.
 Bart Skywalker
03-11-2003, 5:11 PM
Is there a way to select the flamethrower as a weapon? The screens had it but I can't figure how to do it.
When you model the grapple, what are you going to model it after? Jango's grapple would be good.
I know you don't want to put in new features now, but if you make a later version a jetpack missle would be great. It would aslo be cool if you could make lightning come out of two hands :lightning , if that's posible.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You know how you can select thin, standard, or thick blades. Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?
 Deathride
03-11-2003, 5:19 PM
Out of curiousity i was wondering if Azymn could include a more of a fett class and try making some of the weapons like in Bounty Hunter for PS2. Such as poison darts, id scanning system, gaunylet whipcord, and instead of stunner have them use fists as last resort. :jango: ?
 bliv
03-11-2003, 5:43 PM
In the screens the flamethrower is accessed using the 'next force power' & 'use force power' hotkeys. It's not actually a weapon. In beta one it wasn't bound to any keys.
 Wamprat013
03-11-2003, 8:20 PM
First, in responce to Syrup, it's the new Tck mod I am using, that came with beta 2, it gets overruled by the standard saber color. If it do it from the main menu, the Tck sabers notice dosn't appear in place of the standard color menu, and if I set my tck sabers to green and blue, and the standard one is red, my sabers are red.

Next, it's not that saber throw is too strong, it's that mercs are more defenceless than jedi. Jedi have a Really good passive way of defence, their saber, and the only way of penetrateing it is like a rocket or hitting them in back, etc. Mercs should have somthing like this to defray their use of shield regen, becuase its just kinda slow. I suggest a Merc gaget thats somthing like the shield gun from Unreal Tournament 2003, it projcts a shield in front of you (that you can aim w/ crosshairs) for as long as your battery holds up, or until you let off the key. It should be large enough to protect your torso and head, but not too big. You should be able to aim it in any direction around you, up, down, left, and right, like you aim lightning or flamethrower. The problem is that Lucas arts designed the game so lightsaber would be best weapon by far, I am just trying to get the mercs a good fighting chance aganst powerful jedi. See the balance really is based upon if your have the force rank set low or high. "One with the force" is Really fun but mercs have a slim chance aganst a bunch of good players with Yoda-level powers. Another reason the shield is good is rapid fire weapons like the repeater or the Blast rifle shoot a spread of shots that are hard to dodge especially with a Jango bot or sombody with good aim, the jedi ned not worry too much about this becuase of their saber defence, all they have to do is use their lightsaber specialty, and aim at the person, and their saber defence blocks all that punishment, the Merc shield should be about 5 secconds to drain a whole battery, long enough for a merc to run away, that way a merc dosn't have to be taking damage all the time and rechargeing. Mabie if you would replace the current shield wall pickup with the merc tool sheild it would be more balanced? I am just trying to make my point. Mabie you only give this gaget to heavy mercs? I think it will be a good addition to the game, balanceing not only Jedi v Merc combat, but Merc v Merc combat.

Finally, can you make the view in the optic goggles a little less dark? So you can see the terrain a little better; and estimate where wour target is, even if you dont know the map well. It would also help to know if they were behind a wall or not. Right now there just a little too dark to be very practical.

Once the grappleing hook is completely finished, the other merc gagets are optimized, the mercs should be able to hold their own aganst even the most powerful jedi.

(This is a long post, mabie I ramble too much? Anyway, I think the current title is good: "Force Mod II: The Mercs Strike Back". It's poetic and has a major Starwars Tie-in.)
 darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 9:05 PM
:jango: Yea i agree with wamprat the mercs are WAY too defensless and i mean common they do have alot of amour but whenever someone is shooting at me and i run away they still have a good lock on me and even when i am flying they still shoot at me and my life drains like hell. I think the mercs shields should be alot bigger and last longer cuz they do have amour and lots pretty much covering thier whole body. Well anyway i need to go and watch LOTR:The fellowship of the ring exstended DVD with my bro so ttyl :fett:
 Mace_Windu21
03-11-2003, 9:14 PM
Posted by me earlier:
Originally posted by Mace_Windu21
I think the following:
1. Have the mercs be able to jump a little higher, so they can at least get up a 2-foot wall. (even I can jump even higher, like 3-feet in the air)
2. Fix the grapple's look when it is attached to something, and have it pull you straight towords your target, not drag you on the ground until you jump, ect.
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them. Add like a simple 1-button push that does like a kick or add a force power that stuns, or blinds the jedi for like 6 seconds so he/she can get away.
There you have it.
I still think those are good suggestions, but I also noticed that when you lock on to someone with the rocket launcher and fire, it never locks, it just fires straight. I also think you should be able to use the original saber colors, when you choose you thickness, you can turn that off, and use the standard ones.
 KaiaSowapit
03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Does everyone else agree that saberThrow is too strong?
Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game. That said, if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? :p)

What if every time a saber was thrown it fell to the ground and deactivated after it collided with something or reached the apex of its flight - with a couple seconds delay (f_saberdroptime) before the Sith/Jedi could recall the hilt? In other words, take out the "boomerang" effect. Also, what about removing the ability to "steer" a thrown saber? I think players would be less likely to abuse saber throw if changes like these were made. But if nothing else, you could simply boost the drain on the Force meter.

Wamprat, although the feature you describe from Unreal Tournament 2003 sounds cool, it ain't Star Wars. :)

3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them.

You can grapple, fly, run & cloak... honestly isn't that enough already? Mercs still have one huge advantage over sabers - ranged attack. Exploit it. Don't let the Jedi get near you. Don't stand still in one place.

I believe Mercs played appropriately are quite formidable, especially given all the goodies thrown in. I think they're hardly defenseless, but that's just my opinion.

This is blasphemy, but I'll dare mentioning one feature I like from OmniMod (ugh, OmniMod)...

Realism. Yeah nobody ever uses it, but it's really cool and goes a long way to improve game balance. Basically the old cvar from JediMod was revamped. This is from the readme.txt:

- skillmode changes

mod_skillmode 1 -- locational gun damage, Shield negates locational bonuses.

mod_skillmode 2 -- locational gun damage, with target falling if hit in leg. Shield negates locational bonuses.

- Realism Mode with Skillmode 1 or 2

mod_realism 1 -- instant death if hit in torso, head or back. Shield negates this to normal damage. Guns Only.

mod_realism 2 -- same as #1, with sabers doing the same.

mod_realism 3 -- same as #2, except shields dont stop sabers.

Essentially, one well-placed blaster shot to the noggin will take down a Jedi (or anyone for that matter), which is how I think it should be. Sabers are lethal, guns are lethal. It really raises the stakes of combat. Blindly rushing opponents is foolhardy - forcing players to use tactics. This, to me, makes more sense in relatively small battles among 8-16 players online.

Lastly, Force powers. I have a radical suggestion... drop the point system. In its place, allow players to choose 1-3 "primary" Force power(s) and several "secondary" ones from an in-game menu. For example:

Jedi Joe joins a server that allows him to pick 2 "primary" powers. He decides he wants to excel at Force Lightning and Force Grip. He is now a master of both. He also gets to choose 3 "secondary" powers. Joe goes with Force Jump, Saber Attack and Saber Throw. He's capable of using those powers, but by no means as proficient at them as his primary ones.

Just an idea to simplify the game and add a little more balance. :)
 Blue_Lightsaber
03-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Okay I haven't played the mod long just noticed it in my mailbox, but I have noticed some bugs.

===BUGS===

The ever obvious grappling hook problem. Shoots an XYZ cord and doesn't work until you jump or move forward.

I've only played for a short time and this is all I have noticed so far. Ill report back once I gather more feedback and bugs.
 Azymn
03-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?

You wouldn't just be able to cycle thru new ones, but if you renamed the new ones you could easily swap a new one in for one of the old ones. There will be more to pick from in the final beta.

Deathride - the classes will pretty much stay as is for this release.

Wamprat013 - make sure that the tck_saber cvar is 1 to use tck sabers. I'll change the battery regen rate on higher forceRank levels to try to compensate for the boost the jedi get, but remember that "One with the Force" is more of a cheat as it gives all forcepowers from both sides, stripping all jedi of their class and identity.

Everyone else think the goggles are too dark?

Mace_Windu21 - Keep trying with the rocket launcher. And the regular sabers won't get the thickness treatment because i'd have to do ~18 saberblade reskins (3 for each color), which probably isn't going to happen. :)

...if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? :))

Too true. :)

KaiaSowapit - For now, I'll add more settings for mod_skillmode that boosts the damage taken to each area. The force power idea is good, but is a bit radical. :)
 lionknight
03-12-2003, 2:01 AM
Excellent job on fixing those previous bugs, the most annoying things now in my opinion is the grapple, which I see is headed in the right direction with the new swing effect, and the bots need to be able to use the jetpack better. Is there a setting which makes the bots use the jetpack more often? and is jango the only one scripted to use it? Great job, really enjoying testing.
 darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 2:13 AM
Well i just played it again and i saw that whenever I died by lightsaber (death by lightsaber lol) i ALWAYS got chopped up and dismemberd but whenever i killed someone else they would die in one piece whats up with that? I was also thinking how Jango Fett is alot like Micheal Sulivan (watch Road To Perdition if you dont know what im talking about) or also known as The Black Angel Of Death i think jango it alot like him cuz he is the baddest badass bounty hunter and he has boba that he treats like his own son so he has a kind side but then again he has a very dark side...anyway i cant attach files on lucasforums (dont know why) so i am posting a pic i made of jango at this address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65519) <
 Bogus
03-12-2003, 10:00 AM
seeing as dropping an email could work

here goes nothing: Floor_it@hotmail.com

If you dont mind you could send it to me because its seems like this is the thing to play (test)

I would love to help out and give constructive ideas

Cya
 Padawan_7
03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
[B]Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game.

Just for the sake of knowing, Vader does something similar to the saber throw in ROTJ and Dooku in AOTC actually throws his saber with more of a JKII style.

Dooku's saber throw is hard to see, but it's his saber throw that actually connects with his sail ship right after Yoda jumps on it (near the very end of their duel). I have the widescreen DVD version so I don't know if this is visible in the other versions.

To see it look at the very bottom right of the screen in that particular shot (and zoom in if you have the DVD ;) ). Watching frame by frame you'll see (if I can remember it correctly) that the first part of the saber that enters the screen is Dooku's saber hilt with absolutely no hand gripping it! Then as you progress in the following frames you can see that the saber possesses a similar JKII 'boomerang' type spin as the blade spins around to hit the sail ship. Interesting huh? :D

My brother discovered that one as he watched the fight scenes in slow motion. ;)
 darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 2:03 PM
well well well that sounds interesting....i think im gonna check it out later tonight.
 KaiaSowapit
03-12-2003, 6:41 PM
Padawan_7, hehee I couldn't resist looking at my DVD also. I thought I knew the shot you were talking about during the duel with Yoda, but I was ready to eat my words. :)

Sorry, on closer inspection, Dooku's hand never leaves his saber - it's there, just very motion-blurred. You've got to watch frame-by-frame on a computer or high-def tv to see it, but it's there. The swiveling or "boomerang" type spin is just his natural style; he does it consistently throughout the fight.

On another note, watch Yoda's eyes - you can see Dooku's reflection in them. Very cool stuff!

Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept? Hehee. :)
(I'm not married to the idea, just curious.)
 Flamehart
03-12-2003, 7:07 PM
OK, just tried some more, got some more bugs.

1. Messed with the grapple for a bit, I found this weird error at the top of the screen when trying to walk or something when the grapple anchors.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/what.jpg)

2. Body is in weird position after releasing grapple, and walks that way for a few seconds before resuming normal posture.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/grappleissue.jpg)

3. Desann has a tendancy for throwing his purple doubleblade at me, but it freezes in the air after he throws it, not to mention Desann constantly has one of those floating drones around his head.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/sabererror.jpg)

4. When using the Ep2Weapons mod that came with Omnimod2 (ugh), the Sniper rifle didnt seem to cloak fully when using it along with Cloaking on the Mercs.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/cloakissue.jpg)

That's all for now. Btw, pics from my last report are gone now because I had to take them off my family server so i could have space for these pics.
 lionknight
03-12-2003, 7:50 PM
The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me? Is there a different setting in the console for the bots to use the jetpack. I tried the menu option and I still can't get them to use the jetpack like in beta 1.
 Azymn
03-12-2003, 8:01 PM
Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept?

The fans man, the fans. :)

AOTJ_Craig - Thanks for the pics...they help. I'll get workin on those.

The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me?
I took out the botfiles that made all the bots mercs b/c they were causing crashes on a few people's systems. So only Jango Fett and Han Solo mercbots remain...you could add the other botfiles back in and see if it fixes what you're dealing with. Also, you should be able to just give a jetpack to all the mercbots thru the menus. Lemme know if this doesn't work.
 Flamehart
03-12-2003, 8:18 PM
Your welcome for the pics, Azymn, I'll see if I can find some more bugs, I'll continue posting pictures, but you might want to save them onto ur HD if you need them, because when i get a new batch of pictures they're going to be deleted from my server.
 darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 9:05 PM
Well i was playing against TK421's and they would use the jetpack. Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want? Cuz i want 3 but i can never pick
 Azymn
03-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want?

Jetpack menu or cf_jetpacktype cvar.

BTW - If any of you find ANY problems (misspellings/not working/looks funny) with the menus lemme know, because they're the final version now.
 lionknight
03-13-2003, 9:58 AM
I had to completly remove all the old mod files, I had removed all the old files in Jedioutcast/gamedata, but there are still some left in base folder (This will really screw up your day!). I removed those to and I reinstalled beta 2 and jango is kicking much ass with the jetpack now. I am going to test giving bobba fett a jetpack in the script to see what happens? This mod really blows all other mods out, the merc options give this game such a great depth. Darth_syrup do you think that the grapple will be able to be fixed? I see what you are trying to do with it, if it would function without bugs it would be a great addition. Is there any one running a server for beta 2? I don't know if it is a bug but I sometimes have a problem joining a game when the bots are already in place. It tells me I cannot switch teams within 5 seconds and it does not let me join, I have to kick the bots of and then restart and then add the bots again. I don't know if it has something to do with changeing from jedi to merc within the same game? Thanks
 Bogus
03-13-2003, 12:41 PM
I must say, after trying it out it is by far the best mod EVER for jk2

Having said that, there are a few MINOR details:

1) i cant seem to get the dual blasters to come up ( i havent tried the cvar yet so that may be it) but I was the right class

2) some teeny animation issues. the dual pistols are frozen (im guessing that cant be fixed) and while holding them in 3rd Person his arms look funny

3) my Merc menu has no descrtiptions it gives me ??? under all the icons (is it supposed to do that?)

4) MINOR MINOR detail: the flamethrower sounds funny

other that that I really am impressed

GOOD work. :p
 Darth Pablix
03-13-2003, 2:19 PM
hi!

im still testing the beta and i found some things like following:

- it happens again! i was wielding dual blasters, jetpack was on (no airborn, just stand in floor whit jetpack activated).
My battery was half filled, and recovering power. Then I activate the ammo charger (ammo level was in middle) -near 140
i think- and this ammo level begins to increase, but battery, instead to reduce its charge, just stopped its regeneration.
This is great for me!! but i think doesnt must work like that. am i wrong? hehe, whatever, when the ammo chargeing ends,
battery begins to recharge itself again normally, but never, NEVER reduced its charge. An important thing: in a beginning,
this happens only in certain cases, and it seems to be randomly (Exist this word?) But now it happens ALWAYS. i dont have
any other mods, (just models like jango boba and others) "jedi vs merc = mercmod", "supermerc= 1"
"forceregenerate= 1" under these settings happens in first time, but i tested it in different sets and it still happens.
Maybe i have a problem with cvars, i dont know. Reply if someone have this bug. I repeat this bug is great for me...

- i got to tell the grappleig hook is still missing... i read some people was using it, but i got still the XYZ coord of the
previous beta, and the cord line is like a trip mine sensor ray... is necesary to activate it in some way? this is what i
mean when i asked how to use it. Understand now? Im afraid im not an excelent english speaker or writter u know.

- i made tests in a pentium 3 600mh w/voodoo3 16mb 128ram; and a pentium 3 700mh w/tnt2 32mb

- and, hehe... i know this is not the topic but... someone knows if is possible to fix the visual annoyance in jk2 using
voodoo3 videocard?

bye

:deathii:
 Master_Payne
03-13-2003, 3:08 PM
I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism".
Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

edit. and forgot to mention... saberthrow may be disabled if U R the server or an admin, just the same of disabling any specific force power (i.e. lightning) or was that in omnimod? if not maybe add a feature to turn sabertrhow on and off, cause yes, even without mods is too effective (can imagine if cannot be bloqued)
In this way if people gets upset for dont having saberthrow will be "fault" of the server and not the mod itself.
 Azymn
03-13-2003, 3:44 PM
lionknight - the only files that would conflict are the files in base from some other mod. Other files in gamedata are fine as long as they are in their own mod folder.
And i sure hope i can fix the grapple. :)
I'll check out the join server with bots bug.

Bogus - 1) - Check the menus for the dualgun settings and then if you're a heavy soldier and you have dualguns bound to the right key, it should work.
2) - I don't have a lot of room to work with no new animations. :) But if they're not pointing forward or they don't transition smoothly somewhere, lemme know.
3) - Do you have assets_forceMod.pk3 in your \base directory?
4) - If you have another sound file, i'll check it out. :)

Darth Pablix - lookin into that stuff, as in the email i sent you.

Master_Payne - Good point on saberThrow. But the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.
 darthmaul_541
03-13-2003, 3:50 PM
Yea i was looking for a jetpack menu but i couldnt find one anywhere all there is is the TCK saber thing and under controls there is a forcemod control menu but its not there either i cant find it please help! Where is the jetpack menu at? Thanx for the help sofar and i think its going very well.
 Azymn
03-13-2003, 3:52 PM
The jetpack menu is under the forcemod menu on the main screen at startup...should be easy to find when you start the game.
 darthmaul_541
03-13-2003, 6:03 PM
it was a little hard to find it was under the Rules menu but i did find it and i dont like the tri thrusts i think it looks weird cuz there are only 2 emiters (think i spelt that right) on all the jetpack models there are isnt a third or just one letalone so i am sticking with the 2 thrusts. But can someone make a mando model that you can pick how many emiters you want? Cuz even if someone makes one with 3 then there will be the other 2 emty if you want 1 thrust so a model with 1 2 or 3 would be cool
 KaiaSowapit
03-13-2003, 7:09 PM
I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism". Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

...the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.

Yup! :)

"Realism" is much more (ideally) than just increasing the overall damage a saber or blaster can do. It's the difference between getting shot in the foot and shot in the face. "Realistically" getting shot in the foot shouldn't kill you - getting shot in the face however... well you do the math. :)

And speaking of getting shot in the foot... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think one really cool realism feature of that other mod (*cough, cough*) is that if you get shot in the leg, you fall down for a brief moment (similar to losing a saber lock). More than just eye candy, it can completely turn around a battle. Fun stuff. :) Would be a great addition to damaged weapons/jetpack. Hope you're considering adding a similiar feature Syrup.

Regardless, this mod is rocking... keep up the great work! :)

P.S. I just remembered a form of "laming" you might want to take into consideration too. Currently, players can kick while under Mind Trick without becoming visible. This can be very abused. Perhaps you could adjust this?
 Darth Pablix
03-14-2003, 5:09 PM
hi guys

-Syrup, all right with the flamethrower, in fact is one of the most beautiful graphic effects in
the game, very nice graphically. And I think its sound is right, not wonderful, but right.
In some cases, the flamethrower do thesame sound as the lightning do. Usually when battery
is very very low.

-I thing the grapple must be launched from right arm, maybe u can use the animation of saberthrow.

-waddaya think bout the ammo regen problem? if nobody mentioned it, maybe the problem is mine.

-idont like when the grapple hits a fixed objective its retracts automatically, draggin the owner
to the hooking point.

-the battery charge now is more adjusted, well done.

-good work with menus. Very clear, accessable, and useful.

c-u
 Flamehart
03-14-2003, 9:02 PM
Just messed with it real quick, I noticed a few things, sorry, no pics this time.

1. The options/controls never seem to save themselves when u launch promod, causing me to have to go and fix all the Merc options, etc.

2. Even when set to lightsaber block Lightning and Drain, it blocks Lightning, but not Drain.

3. Desann makes a weird sound, as if switching weapons several times fast, when you get near him.

[Edit: Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but, if I start a game say with 4 slots, and I put 3 bots in the game, only one bot shows up, both bots wont be in the game at the same time, weird eh?]
Page: 3 of 5