Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ForceMod 2.0 - Dual Pistol screenshots

Page: 3 of 5
 Wudan
03-16-2003, 3:31 PM
Wow, DarkLord - you really don't understand coding at all, do you?

It ain't texturing, I'll tell you that.

And OmniMod? WTF!
 DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 4:24 PM
hey I know how to edit textures and tweak certain things. But no I dont code at all and it was probably stupid to ask cause Omni mod runs on client and you would have to disable it to run this in order to have administrator mod work. And yes OMNI mod rules. Until you can give me one reaseone promod or any other mp client is better promod doesnt have everything I want in it. I really dont play alot of mp onless I in a JOMOVIE. I just like OMNI mod for saber stances, CVAR selections, doubles sided saber and two duel saber, and client model scaling, and on and on and I dont think Promod or any other mod has that. Prove me wrong cause I would like to know if Promod or all these other mods have these features too. Oh and I really love the TCK color option for sabers and I love the OMNI MOD sabers they look so cool. OMNI MOD is really good if you like to play RPGs.
 lonepadawan
03-16-2003, 4:26 PM
Omnimod.. ugh. Highly praised by the fools who live at JK2files... and umm all those "cool" thing are from the original jedimod. Which forcemod is based on.
 DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 5:22 PM
I am no fool I just like having extra stances and jetpacks and emotes and other S#$T! Unlike PRO MOD or others not that their bad I just don't like them and noone on zone uses them.
 DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 6:00 PM
OK I have tried ProMod and one thing I hate is no model scalinging. But enough of this let us not take this discussion away from topic. This mod looks wonderful.
 bliv
03-17-2003, 12:43 PM
I hope Forcemod 2.0 isn't going to be open source because from what I've played in beta 2.0 it's amazing. It would be a shame to see the whole of the code go into another mod with the addition of a few cvars and be given another name taking most of the credit away from the original author.
 Anakin
03-18-2003, 3:30 AM
Is that a dig at aotc:tc and promod??
 razorace
03-18-2003, 3:36 AM
I doubt it. AOTC TC is closed source and tight lipped about everything. :P

I think the burn was against the Attack of the Jedimod Clones: Totally Cloned. :D
 Anakin
03-18-2003, 3:40 AM
Nah we are going to be pretty open source when its all done and dusted with, but back to topic, ForceMod looks great :)
 razorace
03-18-2003, 3:45 AM
Totally finished before or after hell freezes over. :D
 Darth Loki
03-18-2003, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
OK I have tried ProMod and one thing I hate is no model scalinging. But enough of this let us not take this discussion away from topic. This mod looks wonderful.

probably because promod focuses on gameplay, not little visual diversions.
 Azymn
03-18-2003, 4:50 AM
DarkLord60 - ForceMod won't be compatible with any other mods that alter code.

bliv - you will likely see some features from ForceMod in a few select mods in the future, but as of now it will not be publicly open source.
 rut-wa jodar
03-18-2003, 5:47 PM
I just hope forcemod 2.0 is released before the Iraqi war begins. I don`t wanna die until I have played this mod
 DarkLord60
03-18-2003, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by Azymn
DarkLord60 - ForceMod won't be compatible with any other mods that alter code.

bliv - you will likely see some features from ForceMod in a few select mods in the future, but as of now it will not be publicly open source.

Yeah i know that but I wanted to make sure of that.
 ZombieHendrix
03-19-2003, 12:36 AM
how far along are you in beta 2 of forcemod to completion?

I loved the first beta but servers stopped using it, but with these additions they can't resist
 mort!!!
03-21-2003, 8:36 AM
hendrix,

You're confusing the term beta2. There's already a beta 1 of forcemod2. We're talking about beta2 OF forcemod 2.
 Anakin
03-21-2003, 9:07 AM
Cool :)
Well Mort - just saw your sig - Dex's Dinner is certainly going to be a map that you will be playing very soon :)
And as you love us and ForceMod2 you will be glad to hear that Azymn will be helping us with the code too :)
 DarkLord60
03-21-2003, 5:57 PM
Thats very good news.
 rut-wa jodar
03-23-2003, 7:26 AM
Does anyone know if the coding for the jetpacks allows bot`s to be able use them ??

i would expect new bot routes would have to be made for existing maps.
 Anakin
03-24-2003, 5:04 AM
I will ask the coders for you and see if we can get the bots to use the Jetpack.

Anakin
 Wudan
03-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Whoa, anakin, chill with the thread jackin .. this here be' ForceMod.
 Azymn
03-24-2003, 4:30 PM
Does anyone know if the coding for the jetpacks allows bot`s to be able use them ??
The bots use jetpacks in ForceMod 2.
 rut-wa jodar
03-24-2003, 4:38 PM
The bots use jetpacks in ForceMod 2.

:drop2: That`s great news, Azymn :thumbs1:

BTW ! I emailed you today to ask If i can beta test your mod. If you are still beta testing could you email it to me. :rock:
 DarkLord60
03-24-2003, 6:56 PM
They won't use them for me!
 Anakin
03-25-2003, 5:35 AM
Woah- sorry people didnt realise!
 rut-wa jodar
03-25-2003, 7:56 AM
I'm hesitant to put a date up on the release b/c i have very little time to work on it. But it's about 95% done. Azymn.

can you give an update on how your forcemod2 is coming along ?

I would be grateful if someone would email me the latest beta version so I can help beta test it.

my email address wayne.rutter1@ntlworld.com

Thanx in advance
 mort!!!
03-28-2003, 4:02 PM
Picket line outside Azymn's Home:

We want an update! We want an update!
 razorace
03-28-2003, 5:04 PM
Great, more useless protesting. I'm sure Azymn is working as hard as he can. He just doesn't have the time that other modders have to devote to modding.
 Batmantas
03-28-2003, 5:16 PM
If it's not too late to make a suggestion, I think a nice feature to add would be a cvar to allow for realistic sabers or the current saber abilities. I've seen much disscussion all over the forum concerning the issue of one-hit-kills with the lightsaber( realistic ) versus a more forgiving multi-hit-kill system.

This seems like a good middle ground on the issue since the server could determine which system to use and more people could enjoy this great Mod however they choose.

I really enjoyed the changes you implemeted in your ForceMod v1.0 Beta and look forward to the upcoming version. I hope you consider this suggestion as a possibilty.

Thanks!
 Smood
04-02-2003, 7:45 PM
PLEASE. Any real player will know instant kill is the true way. Not meaning a nick of the saber would kill, but a clean slice should always kill, and dismember.

g_saberdamagescale 4

FORGET MULTI-HIT system
OUT WITH changes for the game, IN WITH MOVIE REALISM!
 razorace
04-02-2003, 8:08 PM
How is killing on an arm nick "realistic"?
 Smood
04-03-2003, 5:12 PM
'Not meaning a nick of the saber would kill'

Obviously you read that wrong.
 Wudan
04-03-2003, 5:17 PM
I thought server admins already had saber damage scaling capability? Maybe I don't notice because Jedi's can't touch me :)
 razorace
04-03-2003, 10:58 PM
yep, something like g_saberdamagescale or something...
 Smood
04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
The point is admins do not excercise this capability and many do not know about it. If we default to it, all can enjoy it.

I can't believe skilled designers do not know enough to make the saber lethal, and remove sparks and other non-movie projectiles! Thank god for phunk.
 razorace
04-04-2003, 2:46 PM
Maybe it's because we're too busy working on more important features than removing sparks. It really doesn't bother me. :P It's only a small code change anyway.

I've already done lethal sabers by default in MotF. It's the poor hit detection that messes things up. I'm currently working on that.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 3:12 PM
Smood,

While you know I agree with those ideas, please don't raz on other modders man, especially not involving my name.
I know that could sound a bit two-faced, since I can get over-excited about a topic too sometimes, but I have apologised for the times I have...

These are talented guys who know their stuff. If they choose to do or not do something, that's totally up to them.

And Razor's absolutely right. Getting rid of the spark effects was trivial. So trying to incinuate it's hard to do only makes me look bad! lol

Please, let's keep things civil...

And let's get back to discussing Azymn's fine mod :)
 razorace
04-04-2003, 4:02 PM
Phunk's right. Sorry about the outbrust, I just tire listening to people whine about stuff when we're all doing this for free and putting a lot of work into it.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 4:42 PM
Totally agree Razor.

It's Ok to voice your opinion and disagree with a modder - even strongly disagree. In fact I welcome negative feedback just as much as positive. The negative feedback is actually far more helpful - although the positive stuff is, of course, more pleasing!

But a minimum amount of respect is required for people who are working hard to bring new stuff to your eagerly awaiting hands - free of charge no less... ;)
 Wudan
04-04-2003, 4:52 PM
Yeah, it's to the point where I can count active coders on one hand ... almost.

It's sad that the few of us can't get along.

It's all good, right, brothers and sisters?
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 5:00 PM
lol - I feel a group hug coming on! Yeah baby! :D

OK, back to ForceMod...

In short, it rocks :)
And like Razor says, stop hasseling poor Azymnn! Or try showering him with gifts...! ;)
 razorace
04-04-2003, 5:03 PM
DID YOU JUST TOUCH MY BUTT?!??!

Seriously, bribes DO work. :)
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 5:18 PM
Hey man, just sharing the love ;)

*Damn, he doesn't keep the advanced saber collision code in his back pocket...!
Hmmm, I think checking the front pockets is probably going too far!*

Anyway, were gonna get accused of thread hijacking again.

...shall we get a private room? :D

/me hopes I know how far to draw out a joke...!
 razorace
04-04-2003, 5:30 PM
no!

Sides, the ghoul2 blade collision isn't 100% yet. I'm getting body passthru when it shouldn't be happening.
 wedge2211
04-04-2003, 7:41 PM
Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?
 Smood
04-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Razor you have grosely misinterpreted me, and it seems renegade has followed this misinterpretation!!!

When I said skilled designers, I'm talking about the makers of JEDIKNIGHT! I'am talking about RAVEN, and ACTIVISION!

I'AM NOT talking about the modders of the community. The modders are completely different, and are not a part of my argument whatsoever!

Anyhow awaiting mod azymn.
 Smood
04-04-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?

I was told that the blasters Alternate in fire by a reliable source. This is of course extremely desireable! Think of jango in ep2!!!
 wedge2211
04-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Alternate is good...but then, firing two fully charged Bryars at once...that's a quick kill! THere should be a command that players can bind to a key, which switches firing modes. Think of the X-Wing series, sometimes you do want fire-linked shots if you need to deliver power immediately.
 Smood
04-05-2003, 1:48 AM
Switching modes would be great, but if only 1 had to be chose, it should be the alternating. Lets face it, dual blasters is all about style, and all about jango.

Alternation is the best way to use dual weapons of any type... I refer you to MATRIX LOBBY SCENE! It would've have been half as good as it was if neo DID NOT alternate each gun. Its pure style, and is amazing.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-05-2003, 5:15 AM
Smood,

S**t man, sorry I took your comment the wrong way!
Gotta say, you had us ALL fooled! But you can see why we would have thought that's what you were saying - right?

But again, apoligies.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and invent a new form of written communication where misunderstanding isn't possible ... lol :)
Page: 3 of 5