Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Listen Up!

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrawn
12-01-1999, 10:32 PM
Ok, I did this before over at XWA.net.
Remember your heritage people!
Indy has come from mediocore graphics, and sound, with limited control of the characters. Now we have 3D graphics and sound, almost every way to control a character, and a new storyline, what else could you want?
With Indy you get:
A good story
Good Graphics
Good Sound
Good action sequences
Good puzzels
overall Indy entertainment.
I give this game a 96%

------------------
"There's no need to fear, your local Grand Admiral is near!"
 Rieekan
12-02-1999, 10:25 PM
May I remind you, my dear blue-skinned alien, that Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was astonishing for its time, introducing full 256-color graphics, great voice acting, and Incredible music.

With a capital I.
 Josh
12-02-1999, 10:53 PM
FOA is still good if you ask me, but I think the Monkey Island series are great too.
 Josh
12-02-1999, 10:54 PM
FOA is still good if you ask me, but I think the Monkey Island series are great too.

------------------
-Josh-
 JR2000Z
12-02-1999, 11:39 PM
OK their BOTH are good.

------------------
Hey,I'm always right!
 jake
12-03-1999, 7:49 PM
Random Moderator Message: Peas are green.
Reply: Heh.. Whoo.. Way too much sugar. Anyway! This Monkey Island/Indy thing is becoming too far spread.. I-I guess LEC is gonna have to make Guybrush an archeologist.
 Shaggiana Joe
12-03-1999, 8:06 PM
Hey, that's a great idea. I mean, FoA would've gone a lot smoother with Guybrush, at least with the Brains path. He CAN hold his breath longer than Indy, after all.
 jake
12-03-1999, 9:23 PM
I wonder about his lungs sometimes.. Are they liked..rolled up inside his body?

~Jake
 Shaggiana Joe
12-03-1999, 11:12 PM
Hmmm... I notice that his torso is about as long as his leg and his head put together...

------------------
I'm just like Indy... if he were a pimp.
-Shaggy
 Indy Jones
12-04-1999, 6:10 PM
if u ask me i give this game an A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Timbaland
12-05-1999, 10:30 PM
With Indy you get:
A good story
Good Graphics
Good Sound
Good action sequences
Good puzzels
overall Indy entertainment.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC!!!!!! IT SUCKS!!!!

I HOPED THEY WOULD ask JOHN WILLIAMS or JOEL MCNEELY (he scored some episodes for the young Indy chronicles and STARWARS: Shadows of The Empire) to write an entire new score for the game!!

Or at least put some bits and pieces from the Indy flicks in the game!

VERY DISSAPPOINTED!!!
 jake
12-05-1999, 10:41 PM
John Williams DID do the music for the game. However a complete score for the game would take cause you to lose about 4 levels from the game.
 Timbaland
12-06-1999, 12:29 AM
No,no Jake

i don't think John Williams wrote the score for "The Infernal Machine". Clint Bajakian Wrote the original music for the game. He ADAPTED john Williams' Indy theme for the game.

I do agree with you on that an origanal score would cut some levels of the game BUT
You have to look at games like "Outcast" or "Hart of Darkness" The music of those games was performed by an Symphonic orchestra
and it gave the games a cinematic feel to it. It Took them to a higher level!

I just think Music for games should not be underestimated, it CAN really add something to a game and that's what i miss with "the Infernal Machine" i mean comeone!!! It's Indiana Jones!! It deserves better!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Timbaland (edited December 05, 1999).]
Page: 1 of 1