Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Link from the Legend of Zelda

Page: 2 of 3
 Sam
02-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey Matt after Link and the other elf (don't know his name) do you think you'll make Marth and Roy models.
 SSJ2 Vegetto
02-17-2003, 11:43 PM
I'm kinda guess when you make this you'll make Team Skins Red Tunic for the Goron tunic and Blue Tunic for the Zora Tunic. Red and Blue Team skins wondering if thats a plan of yours? and if you make the shield on the back are you gonna make the Hylian Shield or The Mirror Shield just wondering sorry for all my questions.
 ZBomber
02-18-2003, 9:43 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
I think you should send the skinmaps off to various skinners, so there's a skinpack for Link. ;)

Z included. :p

Eh, mine won't be good for the pack. I'm just bored and want something to do. :D
 Clemme w/Stick
02-19-2003, 6:46 AM
Very nice work ya got there Matt! Well, I hope to see the finished version some day, and I surely hope that its submitted so others can get a hold of him :D!

-Clemme
 Matt-Liell
02-19-2003, 7:28 AM
Oh yes it will be! Legolas is ingame now with some errors and help from KevinCoyle and I will be working on Link until I can skin Legolas. So it is good news all around I guess, Legolas and Link will be coming for jk2! Im so happy!:D
 Clemme w/Stick
02-19-2003, 7:31 AM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
Oh yes it will be! Legolas is ingame now with some errors and help from KevinCoyle and I will be working on Link until I can skin Legolas. So it is good news all around I guess, Legolas and Link will be coming for jk2! Im so happy!:D

Yay :D! Ya got a release date yet? Hmm, I'm really looking forward to use them. Especially the Link!
Ever thought about making a Mario or Bowser one?

-Clemme
 Matt-Liell
02-19-2003, 7:45 AM
Release dates? Hmmmmm, hard to see that is. The dark work time clouds everything. Well I might be able to skin Legolas next week. And I'm going to send Link to KevinCoyle after I he finishes with Link. So *check calender* maybe March 16th (For Link) at the latest I believe at this point, maybe sooner. Sound ok? For Legolas it'll be sooner.
 Clemme w/Stick
02-19-2003, 9:03 AM
Release dates? Hmmmmm, hard to see that is. The dark work time clouds everything. Well I might be able to skin Legolas next week. And I'm going to send Link to KevinCoyle after I he finishes with Link. So *check calender* maybe March 16th (For Link) at the latest I believe at this point, maybe sooner. Sound ok? For Legolas it'll be sooner.

Yeah, thats ok with me! Well, it was meant as a joke. I can wait until theyre released! Thx anyways :D!

-Clemme
 SSJ2 Vegetto
02-19-2003, 9:41 AM
I am still wondering about that question of mine. You talked about maybe making a shield on his back my question is which would it be the Hylian Shield or The Mirror Shield. Also will Link have team skins Like Blue Team=Zora Tunic and Red Team=Goron Tunic just wondering sorry if I'm being annoying.
 Legolas
02-19-2003, 2:04 PM
Send the model to me so can i try to skinning the model my email is mathiasodman@hotmail.com but i am not good att skinnig but i can try:rolleyes:
 Matt-Liell
02-19-2003, 3:37 PM
Originally posted by SSJ2 Vegetto
I am still wondering about that question of mine. You talked about maybe making a shield on his back my question is which would it be the Hylian Shield or The Mirror Shield. Also will Link have team skins Like Blue Team=Zora Tunic and Red Team=Goron Tunic just wondering sorry if I'm being annoying.

Yes the tunics will come in R, B and G. And as for the sheild the polycount is getting too high for it.

Originally posted by Legolas

Send the model to me so can i try to skinning the model my email is mathiasodman@hotmail.com but i am not good att skinnig but i can try:rolleyes:

I don't know if that was an offer becuase you think I need a skinner becuase I don't becuase I'm going to skin it but if you wanted to try to skin it for a skinpack then you'll have to wait for it to be finished and ingame.
 shukrallah
02-19-2003, 4:38 PM
i hope this picture right here helps you out a little. i think it will. great job with the sword and i cant wait to downlod your link.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/cavern/Colossal_Link.jpg)
 shukrallah
02-19-2003, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by KevinCoyle
If you want sounds for Link from the Ocarina of time, I can help you out with that, I have the game and equipment to record sound from the nintendo to the computer, I also have a emulator and rom for it.

are those roms legal? i saw a website that would let me download ocarina of time (29 megabytes i think) but i didnt download it because i thought it was illegal. is it? does anyone know?
 SSJ2 Vegetto
02-19-2003, 4:52 PM
Roms aren't legal but not everyone cares that includes myself if I can dl it for free then so I shall.
 Matt-Liell
02-19-2003, 4:57 PM
Does anyone know if Link has earings on both ears or just his right?
 SpYzEr
02-19-2003, 6:40 PM
Does anyone know if Link has earings on both ears or just his right?

I'm not sure, but I would think he would have one in his left ear too unless hes....;)
 Darsha_x1
02-19-2003, 8:27 PM
he has them in both of his ears
 Matt-Liell
02-20-2003, 7:59 AM
Thanks!:D
 Phizzle
02-22-2003, 11:37 PM
I think it's just his right.... :sbdance
 ZBomber
02-22-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by SSJ2 Vegetto
Roms aren't legal but not everyone cares that includes myself if I can dl it for free then so I shall.

talk of illegal software is NOT allowed on LF :tsk:
 Mest
02-23-2003, 2:55 AM
if it's not too much trouble could you remove your lips from the moderator's ass?
 SSJ2 Vegetto
02-23-2003, 8:27 AM
Did I start the talk about it at all no so there. I mean he asks are Roms and Emulators Illegal and I give him an honest anwser and you say Its not right to talk about it well he asked yell at him not me.
 Project_Fusion
02-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Lol roms ARE legal...

You have to have the actual game if you download the rom, if you don't then you have to delete it within 24 hours. If you don't do that, THEN it's illegal. Lol. :P

Umm... Nice idea for a model (I'm a Zelda fan :)) but...why are his ears like that lol? Why are they sideways... they go like:

\:)/ not like <:mad:>...lol

His sword 'holster' as you call it, is not a quiver... It's not that thick, and not at an angle...
 shukrallah
02-23-2003, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by Project_Fusion
Lol roms ARE legal...

You have to have the actual game if you download the rom, if you don't then you have to delete it within 24 hours. If you don't do that, THEN it's illegal. Lol. :P

Umm... Nice idea for a model (I'm a Zelda fan :)) but...why are his ears like that lol? Why are they sideways... they go like:

\:)/ not like <:mad:>...lol

His sword 'holster' as you call it, is not a quiver... It's not that thick, and not at an angle...

i had the game, but not any more, i guess i cant download though, huh? its not worth it if i have to delete it, within 24 hours.
:(
 shukrallah
02-23-2003, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
talk of illegal software is NOT allowed on LF :tsk:

sorry if i caused any trouble....i was just asking. :( i havnt done anything illegal. and dont plan on it. like this post right here says:

Originally posted by Project_Fusion

Lol roms ARE legal...

You have to have the actual game if you download the rom, if you don't then you have to delete it within 24 hours. If you don't do that, THEN it's illegal. Lol. :P[/B]

i was just asking.
 Lumpy
02-24-2003, 7:02 PM
i was just wondering, is the model gonna have the shield on his back or is that gonna be a alternate model?

i was playing Ocarina of Time and i thought about it
 Matt-Liell
02-25-2003, 12:30 PM
No shelid, polycount too high.
 SSJ2 Vegetto
02-25-2003, 2:57 PM
One other question are you gonna make master sword as selectable hilt as well like you gonna make a Master Sword to go with this cause the sword out there is ok but you could probably make a better one.
 AutoCept
03-01-2003, 8:46 PM
Someone has already made a Master Sword, and last I heard they where making a shield too.
 RaSiN_HeCk
03-01-2003, 11:22 PM
well, I didn't know I was on Lucasfourm, anyway.

his Tunic looks too tight, it needs to be looser, atleast have sleeves. there's some I just can't put my finger on about his head, I think it's a little tall and he has too much hair, not WAYtoo much but he needs a trim if you ask me. his feet look like they're a tad big, and he needs his gauntlets.

don't take me too seriously I'm not trying to tharsh your work, I just pointed out the things I saw that needed fixed.
 Master_Adieus
03-04-2003, 10:25 PM
so umm when do you think you may be done this model? im looking forward to playing with it? will it be a Multi and SP model? Bot optinal too? i have DLed the Sword... and im wondering... will you also be making weapon models for the link model as well or just leave it as this?
 RaSiN_HeCk
03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
he put it on hold so it could be months
 Matt-Liell
03-05-2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
he put it on hold so it could be months

No not months perhaps 3 weeks though, maybe more. I'm going to be skinning Legolas for awhile.
 RaSiN_HeCk
03-05-2003, 6:09 PM
oh, that's what they all say, just 3 weeks, then it's 3 months...then three years...then JK3 comes out(or an expansion) and then you dump the model for good......unless you're a worker(shudders at the thought of working) then you'll get both done in 2 weeks.
 Matt-Liell
03-05-2003, 6:15 PM
I would if I could but I also have school but I won't dump the model unless I absolutly have to. I may not skin it though any takers for that?
 KevinCoyle
03-05-2003, 10:18 PM
I might take that up since I'll be unwrapping it anyway.
 z_zero_z0
03-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and I was looking at this model and I really think it needs work. His face doesnt look like Link at all. Since when does Link have a Jay Leno chin? I'm not saying this to diss you or anything, I just think that it needs work. Look at that ref pic that one dude posted. Good luck on the model

Off Topic: I remember this Samus model from Metroid Prime people were talking about, the pic was on another forum and I was wondering what the website is. I got a new computer, so all my links are gone. Thanks in advance!

c-ya!
 shukrallah
03-06-2003, 8:39 PM
hey matt-liell, do u mind if when u guyz are done with the link model i use him in a map, u see im thinking about making a map, Link vs. Ganondorf, for single player, of coarse ill need a Ganondorf, ill post that at the request page, but can i use your link in my map, if i make it...?:)
 shukrallah
03-06-2003, 8:49 PM
oh yeah another thing, since im new to making maps and stuff, im wondering if i do make a map, like the one i posted above, will i need to ask nintendo for permission or something, just wondering. u should know since ur making Link and Legolas anyways.
 Matt-Liell
03-06-2003, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
oh yeah another thing, since im new to making maps and stuff, im wondering if i do make a map, like the one i posted above, will i need to ask nintendo for permission or something, just wondering. u should know since ur making Link and Legolas anyways.

Yes, when I'm done you can use it. And about asking nintendo's permission I don't think I have to beacuse I'm not making any money of of him.
 shukrallah
03-06-2003, 9:36 PM
Yes, when I'm done you can use it. And about asking nintendo's permission I don't think I have to beacuse I'm not making any money of of him.

GREAT!!! now ill go to the request forum and ask someone to make Ganandorf.

ok if anyone has any screenshots of the area, (Link and Ganandorfs 1st fight) please pm them to me, thanks in advanced.
:D :D

yeah i guess ur right about that, we cant sell any skins or mods anyways. thanks for letting me use ur skin, when he comes out!:) :D :D
 Nezumi
03-07-2003, 8:48 PM
ive been following this tread for while, just havent been brave enough to register, but oh man...hes gotta have his shield! it doesnt have to be that complicated, a good skinning job can make up for that :D but oh man, hes GOTTA have his shield!!!! everything else looks good so far, except the ears arent sticking out, there more parallel to his head.

im REALLY looking foward to this model!
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
03-07-2003, 9:34 PM
ok my turn :) First you should be able to see the sleeve from the reference pic that luke posted heres a pic
http://www.geocities.com/ed3n2003/pic.txt)
second i think you should put the shirt more baggy,it looks like a swimsuit lol...

you could also put the belt a little more down,just a little

:o well do the best u can Matt :) cant wait for this Link model

Ne0|eD3n:bot2:
 Andy867
03-08-2003, 3:25 AM
With the Master Sword, try making the blade a little fatter, or wider I should say, cuz it looks awfully thin. You know I have Ocarina of Time for the Gamecube, so I can help point out the little things that modellers want people not to see:)
 Matt-Liell
03-10-2003, 3:27 PM
Ok I have some important news. lukeskywalker1 and myself have started work on a Zelda mod for jk2. We are in need of some people to help out.

We already have:

3 mappers (myself, Brodin and lukeskywalker1)
2 weapon modelers (myself, Brodin)

We are in need of:

CODER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Player Modeler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For more info visit our thread:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1063674#post1063674)
 Seph
03-12-2003, 9:19 PM
I love this new Link skin!! you can get a ganandorf pic at this LINK (http://www.supersmashbrosmelee.com)
 Matt-Liell
03-13-2003, 2:56 PM
Just so you guys know this isn't dead I'll give you an update. Due to the overwhelming request for his shield I plan to make him one but this will cause the loss of his master sword in the scabbard, but he will come with a lightsaber replacement. I'm working on fixing all the things you guys pointed out to me! So again hes not dead! He's just on a slight work hold but I'm still working on him!
 Antizac
03-15-2003, 1:07 AM
I've always wanted to do a Link model for Jedi Outcast, but I'm horrible at creating characters - not to mention my inability to UVMap.

But I have take pieces from other existing models to make my own custom one.

I have 3D Studio Max - If you'd like, once you get it UVMapped, I could weight the vertices, export it, and get it working as a .glm for ya.

Or if you wish I could *try* to UVMap it, but I have no freakin' clue how to do it right, without seperating meshes.

Send me an E-mail (PsychoDelAcK@hotmail.com) if you're interested in my offer.
 Brodin
03-15-2003, 9:32 AM
Hey Matt, e-mail me and I'll help you with the model. I'd also like to ask you about your methods of creating faces...

The sword, IMO looks a little too thin. Its a lot wider in Zelda. Anyways, contact me and I'll help ya out as best I can. Oh, I can make textures too :).
 Matt-Liell
03-16-2003, 3:50 PM
Update (and for those of you who thought I'd never start work again, well told you so!)

I added a sheild to him and made his shirt baggier and made the ears point backwards more.

Polycount is currently 3018, not bad at all!:D

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wiplinksheild.jpg)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wiplinksheild2.jpg)
Page: 2 of 3