Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

star wars trilogy dvd's

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Boboy
02-08-2003, 3:49 AM
where is it?
i counldn't find the original dvd,
even the net doesn't give me any clues..
 nova_wolf
02-08-2003, 5:07 AM
Good bleeding luck.

1) Out of production, most likely awaiting re-re-release (Lost count of the number o times Beadry One has screwed us over :mad: )

2) If you can find someone selling them second hand, I hope you get a hundred pound a week pocket money!

They are just too colectable and watchable, so people wil keep them - full stop!

I'd love a set of OT DVDs too (skip all the crap additions :D )
 Clemme w/Stick
02-08-2003, 6:04 AM
Yeah, I would love the original DVDs. Hmm, too bad that I have never seen any of them. I hope they are to be released some day :D!

-Clemme
 Lynk Former
02-08-2003, 8:15 AM
Wasn't this the same guy that asked if there was a connection between senator palpatine and emperor palpatine? *Wraithy gives Lynk a sidewards glance* Prrrrrft, i can say what I want nog boy :D
 Kstar__2
02-08-2003, 9:31 AM
the're no plans for a OT dvdset.....yet, i think they will have one in 2004, or after epIII
 leXX
02-08-2003, 9:45 AM
*Also gives lynk a sideways glance* ^_~

I expect they wont release an OT DVD set because they will more than likely release a 6 DVD set of the whole saga at some point after ep3.
 Darth Talliusc
02-08-2003, 11:58 AM
leXX you just made me cry. deep down i knew GL would do that. but i still had hope. now he has to die :(

i thought it only came out on laserdiscs and not dvd's oh well.

he will probably wait until 6 months after ep3 to release the dvd of it, then another 6 months (or more likely the nearest big holliday) to release the 6 set. *sigh* its gonna suck having to wait that long but i dont really have any choice.

*starts putting on black ski mask, and readying for the break in to lucasfilms.inc*
 BCanr2d2
02-10-2003, 4:13 AM
There is going to be the OT on DVD, search on theforce.net to find out about it. It will only be the SE versions, not the original releases. He has also stated he won't be doing Special Editions to the Prequel movies, although I think it is actually a bad idea not to do it.

As to when, who knows....

As far as I have always known it has been a "After Episode 3" for the release of the OT on DVD...
(Ep 3 should be out by November 2005 - same time frame as Ep 2 it is then up to GL to see if he has the time to clean up the three movies for a Christmas 2005 release. OR does he wait for 2007, and release them 30 years after the release of Star Wars)

Talliusc, I'll join ya, but it would be better to get into ILM and Skywalker Sound at the Skywalker Ranch and just take the Hard Drives with the movies on them...............................
 C Shutt
02-10-2003, 4:45 AM
I think it was recently confirmed that the original cuts won't make it to DVD, only the "Special Editions".
 Lynk Former
02-10-2003, 7:52 AM
Originally posted by leXX

I expect they wont release an OT DVD set because they will more than likely release a 6 DVD set of the whole saga at some point after ep3.

Oh... I've been noticed *winks back* :D

The original series will be released after the Episode III DVD and will include both the original and special edition as well as MANY extras... if it doesn't I ripping Lucas a new one :D
 Wraith 8
02-10-2003, 2:32 PM
you better watch your self weasel boy :p cause we mods are very fearsome people :p
 StarWarsPhreak
02-10-2003, 2:40 PM
I tought I heard some where on the Main StarWars site that DVDs for the OT weren't gonna be made. I think it was a Jedi Council Question.

Wraith, I still can't get over you sig. the "Luke I am your Moderator." that cracks me up everytime.
 Wraith 8
02-10-2003, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I tought I heard some where on the Main StarWars site that DVDs for the OT weren't gonna be made. I think it was a Jedi Council Question.

Wraith, I still can't get over you sig. the "Luke I am your Moderator." that cracks me up everytime. yeah.... my thoughts is that they will come out once ep 3 is al oout... my thought..

and thanx:D
*takes deep bows*
Thank you thank you.
Performances every hour on the hour. "crazy ass moderator" a specialty :D
 lukeiamyourdad
02-10-2003, 7:19 PM
My best bet is a 30th anniversary 6 DVD set. And even the members of the Jedi Council on Star Wars main site can lie...
 Lynk Former
02-10-2003, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
you better watch your self weasel boy :p cause we mods are very fearsome people :p

*slaps Wraithy* don't give me that tone!! :D
 leXX
02-11-2003, 5:14 AM
Hey now, don't be slapping my fellow mods nog boy! :D

*clears throat*

Right now, back on topic. ;) I have a feeling lukeiamyourdad is right. They will more than likely release the 6 DVD saga on SW 30th Anniversary.
 Darth Boboy
02-11-2003, 6:45 AM
the longer we have to wait then...
:mad: :mad: :mad:
well, at least there is a second hand dvd of the trilogy..
but i haven't bought it yet...
it's been years never watch any of the trilogy...
 Wraith 8
02-11-2003, 1:42 PM
Hey now, don't be slapping my fellow mods nog boy! :D

*clears throat*

Right now, back on topic. ;) I have a feeling lukeiamyourdad is right. They will more than likely release the 6 DVD saga on SW 30th Anniversary. yeah... well.. then i can throw away my 2 DVD's from ep 1 and ep 2 now right :p
 leXX
02-11-2003, 1:54 PM
Now that would be silly, you still have 5 whole years of enjoyment from them yet! :p
 Taos
02-11-2003, 8:37 PM
I really can't wait to have the OT on dvd.......sadly, I don't think we will see anything til at least 2006. :(

Oh well, it's worth the wait. :D
 dark jedi 8
02-12-2003, 9:28 PM
I hear it's going to be the special edition trilogy, which many fans didn't like, I thought it was better except for the part when greedo shoots first. I hear that the Indiana Jones Trilogy will be released by the end of this year though.
any fans....?
 Lynk Former
02-13-2003, 12:52 AM
If they're smart they'd have both the original and special edition.
 BCanr2d2
02-13-2003, 6:19 AM
Check on theforce.net, GL has recently stated only an SE version release, and no extended editions. Only small changes will be made to clear up the inconsistencies between the 6 movies....
 nova_wolf
02-13-2003, 7:12 AM
...such as changing the Rebel Alliance insignia to look ilke a Gungan head on a pole...
 Wraith 8
02-13-2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by nova_wolf
...such as changing the Rebel Alliance insignia to look ilke a Gungan head on a pole... where did you hear that? and can you give us a link? or are you just... making a joke?:confused:
 GreekJedi
02-14-2003, 10:29 PM
can't wait for the DVD's. hope there are ALOT of new FX and scenes.

it'd be cool when ben turns into a ghost that the ghost is ewan mcgreger. I mean if your dead shouldn't you be able to look young. at the peak of your health?

but i KNOW that wont happen.
:)
 Katarn07
02-14-2003, 11:27 PM

That is why I have resited the urge to even get a DVD player! Yes, I have the old, VHS. You know, the VHS? No... Forget it then.
 BCanr2d2
02-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Luke I am your Moderator.

C'mon, at least get the quote right.......

No, I am your Moderator

Never says "Luke, I am your father"......

I did the whole scene word for word in another thread, since we were all fighting over what it was...
 nova_wolf
02-15-2003, 4:19 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
where did you hear that? and can you give us a link? or are you just... making a joke?:confused:

Sorry to have confused you old boy.

Yes joke, but seeing as it was a Gungan that effectively detsroyed all freedom and democracy in the galaxy, thought it seemed a logical rip.

Bet he wil be mentioned in the 'lose end tying' footage that wil be added...

But what inconsistancies are there.... I have yet to spot any.... As long as Luke and Leia are born later, not a proble,.

If anything, EpIII will spoil the whole discovering Leia's heritage sequence, which for st time viewers is always something.

Anyway, this is academic, beardy will just screw with it further...

*cries*Why did Greedo have to shoot first...*sobs*
 Wraith 8
02-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
C'mon, at least get the quote right.......

No, I am your Moderator

Never says "Luke, I am your father"......

I did the whole scene word for word in another thread, since we were all fighting over what it was... gee..... what kind of quote would that be.. i know it is 'NO'. but it makes more sence and looks better when its Luke.

ok? ok! :p
 Pedro The Hutt
02-24-2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Boboy

well, at least there is a second hand dvd of the trilogy..

You mean "Hong Kong rip DVD"
 Wraith 8
02-25-2003, 8:00 AM
or Kazaa DVD :p
 LiMP RABBiT
02-28-2003, 6:16 AM
I dont see why they cant release the DVDs
 Lynk Former
02-28-2003, 9:45 AM
If you didn't notice, Lucas is kinda busy with Episode 3... he'll do it once Ep 3 comes out on DVD... then he'll release THE STAR WARS SAGA all in a 12 dvd box set (original and special edition... *shrugs*) with all the bells, whistles and limited edition covers and all. You'll see...
 Pedro The Hutt
02-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Actually he recently said that he'll release the original trilogy on DVD rhoughly around the same time as Episode III would be put on DVD.... and it would only be the special editions, bah. (if this keeps going on he'll start denying the existance of the original movies like he denies the existance of the Star Wars Holiday Special XD)
 Lynk Former
02-28-2003, 10:57 AM
or the live action Ewoks movie?
 leXX
02-28-2003, 1:17 PM
Stop please...the pain, oh the pain! :ball:
 nova_wolf
02-28-2003, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
or the live action Ewoks movie?

HEH!

I happen to have liked those - have memories attached.

7th birthday - the day I stood up to my rather short fused father in defense of my mother.
The day I became a man....

That and it was just funny! :D
 ronbrothers
03-31-2003, 5:47 AM
I read once that George considers the Special Editions to be the final versions of work in progress. So I don't think the original versions would be considered to be released.

That being said, I think it would be nice to include it packaged with the 6 disc collector's set like Speilberg did in the ET DVD release.
 Jan Gaarni
03-31-2003, 6:07 AM
Yes, indeed, the Original Trilogy will never see daylight on DVD it appears, only the Special Edition. :(

Hopefully, it will be a new Special Edition where he corrects his mistake so that HAN SHOOTS FIRST AGAIN!!!! :D :D :D
 dark jedi 8
03-31-2003, 6:01 PM
yep! i totally agree!:D
 joesdomain
04-21-2003, 11:34 PM
I just hope there is alot of dvd's extras, commentaries, trailers, teaser trailers, sketches, interviews with cast and crew, behind the scenes, and deleted scenes that are added into the movies. I wish we could see both original version and special edition version but Lucas has nixed that idea. I can only assume the original trilogy will come out 6-8 months after the theatrical release of Episode III in May, 2005.
 CurryKing
04-25-2003, 8:33 AM
I know there are no official classic trilogy dvd's but apparently u can get some really good one's from Malaysia, they are proper DVD quality with interactive menu's etc, does anyone know where i can get them from and what region they are? I thought the site was www.newdvd.cc) but that appears to be down?

Any ideas?

Cheers
 Random
04-25-2003, 9:15 PM
Well, we're all expecting George to release the Special Editions on DVD reletively shortly after EP3, so I'll just wait for those. Its the Classic Trilogy (non-SE) version I'm interested in. Lucas flat-out said he will not be releasing the non-SE on dvd. I just spent a few days on ebay looking around and found what seems to be a good set of Region 1 encoded classic trilogy dvd's that were drawn off of the laser discs. Give me a few days for shipping and I'll let y'all know if I got what I paid for.
 joesdomain
04-26-2003, 3:18 AM
I would rather wait for the Special Edition Trilogy when it comes out after the release of Episode III.
 Random
04-26-2003, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by joesdomain
I would rather wait for the Special Edition Trilogy when it comes out after the release of Episode III.

To each his own. Some of us would rather have the non-SE trilogy. And dang it all to heck, George just won't allow it.
 joesdomain
04-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I was one of the verry few people that liked the Special Edition Trilogies over the Orginal Editions. I personally like the scene with Han talking to Jabba in IV, Han wasting Greedo in IV, The extended Wampa scene, and the added ending in Episode VI. There were more scenes but those are the ones I loved the most. I don't want to buy unofficial dvd's from some foreign person or company who is illegally doing it. I hope they all get caught. I hope the star wars trilogy has some more added scenes in the official dvd release in 2005 or 2006. The longer each star wars movie, the better.
 Obiwan80
04-28-2003, 8:22 AM
I think Lucas will release 6 dvd case after Episode III
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2003, 8:30 PM
but i think he will release ep.III on dvd around 8 months after the movie. and then within a year he will release all six, or just the SE's on dvd. IMO.:)
 joesdomain
04-30-2003, 9:43 PM
They might just release all the Star Wars movies 6-8 months after episode III is released in theaters on dvd. I think it will only include special edition original trilogy dvd's. The petitions on the internet are not going to affect Lucas and Lucasfilm decision on what versions to put out. I think the special editions are so awesome and the extra footage is so awesome. I just hope there are more deleted scenes added to the DVD's.
Page: 1 of 2