Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Page: 2 of 4
 Eldritch
03-07-2003, 6:13 PM
So does that mean if I get you that custom title first, that'd I'd get to beta test Party Crasher?
 Kengo
03-07-2003, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
So does that mean if I get you that custom title first, that'd I'd get to beta test Party Crasher?

Come on Aru, this isn't the time for petty, childish fighting and jostling.

Don't pick him, me! me! I wana beta test!

It would be a great honour to beta test it, even if I only got to do it through unscrupulous methods! Seriously, those points are completely no strings attached, just seeing your name with a purple glow makes it all worth it :) I'd be extremely happy to be part of the beta test team, but not through bribery :D
 AKPiggott
03-08-2003, 12:17 PM

Yep... if you can find a way of getting 1500 posts fast enough.
 Leslie Judge
03-09-2003, 8:39 AM
750 post will be enough. :)

Kengo: can you change the name of this thread? :) Something like "Duel AKPiggott: The fight between Kengo and Aru-Wen"? :D
 Eldritch
03-09-2003, 9:05 AM
Come on now, Leslie... we all know that it wouldn't be much of a duel, anyway (he'd be dead before you can say 'deformed vertex') :p :D.
 Shadriss
03-09-2003, 9:28 AM
Hmmm... I can almost hear the battle cries, though.

"GIVE ME CREDITS, OR GIVE ME CREDITS!"

"A credit given is more valuable than a credit earned."

*shudder* THIS has the potential to get ugly! :)
 Kengo
03-09-2003, 9:23 PM
Come on now, Leslie... we all know that it wouldn't be much of a duel, anyway (he'd be dead before you can say 'deformed vertex') :p :D.

Oh really? Well I'll have you know that aside from being a pretty damn fine top notch mapper (in my mind at least), I also keep my lightsaber....erm...sharpened. I'm a pretty feared saberist (OK, feared is the wrong word). Being as Leslie has also challenged me to a duel at some point, I suggest we should set up some sort of big free for all some time, to sort out exactly that I am the best saberist! We could even do it WWE style and have long drwan out rivalries and vendettas, changing of sides at the last minute and general stuff like that.

Also, as Leslie has rightly indicated, this thread has gone off topic a bit...still, this is a good thing at the moment as it covers up the fact I haven't actually done any work on the map for a few days, and as such don't currently have anything to show. If any moderators are reading this - the showcasing is on the way, honest!

Hey Aru, I thought we agreed to keep my difficulties with vertexes quiet ;)?
 Eldritch
03-09-2003, 9:55 PM
[WWE Voice]

And that's right... this Thursday on Smackdown, I'll be facing Kengo the jabroni.

*looks at Camera*

That's right, jabroni... i'm gonna take your lightsaber - shine it up real nice (the crowd recites the words along with him), turn that sumb***h sideways, and stick it straight up your candy a**!

*grabs Microphone, looks straight up, tongue wags wildly as he screams*

If ya SMELLLLLLLLLLLL what The Rock (err, Aru-Wen ;)) is cooking!

[/WWE Voice]

Consider the challenge accepted. :D
 Kengo
03-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Aru, you talk too much. I'm a man of actions, not words.

(Camera pans out to reveal Kengo sitting in an enormous tank, in a car park)

*Engine starts up*

(Camera pans back further to reveal Aur's car which he foolishly parked there, in all places, a car park)

*Tank moves forward*

(Camera cuts to Aru still in the ring)

Aru: Noooo, my beautiful car!!! I only bought it yesterday!!!

(Camera pans back to the car park)

*Tank rolls over the car with a crushing sound*

Kengo: Stick it Aru!!!
 Eldritch
03-09-2003, 10:28 PM
*Aru's partner waits outside, sitting in a large crane*

The joke's on YOU, Kengo. Take him up!

*the massive crane picks up the tank, with Kengo inside, and lifts it to a height of 50ft*

Drop him!

*the crane lets go, the tank lands upside down as medics rush to the scene*

Muahahahaha!
 wedge2211
03-09-2003, 11:26 PM
*Wedge nukes all of them with his X-Wing.*
 Eldritch
03-10-2003, 12:48 AM
*sniff sniff* What's that smell? Like Bar-B-Q, yet, something is wrong...

*notices Wedge's nuke has set him on fire*

My flesh!
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 8:06 AM
In the Judge's opinion this is not cruel enough. So he sends in a few thousands of battle droids and clone troopers. Sits back comfortably with popcorn in one hand and Coke in the other.
 Kengo
03-10-2003, 8:19 AM
(Aru-Wen sits quietly in a bar, covered in bandages. All his hair has been burnt off.)

Suddenly, a figure is framed in the doorway.

*Kengo steps into the bar, unbeknown to Aru-Wen.*

*Kengo picks up a pool cue and smacks Aru over the head with it, as Aru is still stunned Kengo picks Aru up (Kengo works out!) and throws him onto the pool table, which collapses.*

*Kengo then goes across to the side of the bar, rips an electic gambling machine off the wall and drops it on Aru, who is still lying barely conscious on the collpased pool table.*

Kengo goes to the bar

Kengo (to the bartender): Gambling sure is a terrible thing. Whisky please.

*14 of Leslie's battle droids step into the bar*

Kengo: Oh great, some of Leslie's henchmen

*Kengo picks up a bottle from behind the bar and throws it at the first battle droid, fragile as it is, it falls apart, pieces of it fall into the others, who also spontaneous fall apart.*

Kengo: And that's the end of that....whisky please.
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 9:15 AM
14 out of few thousands? Hmm... weak...

*throws a handful of popcorns into his mouth*
*it's very disgusting as he starts to chew them*
 Eldritch
03-10-2003, 9:27 AM
[Man, they just don't build those battle droids like they used to. You forgot about the one that tripped over the pile of rubble covering me who then fell to pieces on the ground. :D]

*Aru struggles to free himself from the rubble as the King and Michael Cole talk*

Cole : King, did you SEE what Kengo just did to Aru-Wen?

King : YEAH, I SAW IT! I can't believe it! He dumped a whole pile of stuff on him! What a cowardly attack, hitting him in the back like that! What're we gonna do?!

Cole : I'm suprised to see Kengo alive after being dropped 50ft inside a tank, a move that was orchestrated by Aru-Wen last Thursday on Smackdown!

*plays clip of the crane dropping the tank to the ground*
*Aru has pushed the gambling machine off of himself, and quietly grabs the Fire Extinguisher hanging on the wall. He runs up behind Kengo and hits him in the head with it, knocking him to the floor, and then starts spraying him with the fire extinguisher*
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 10:26 AM
More, more... Come on guys, don't play like girls! Let your anger out! I wanna see real fight or no winner will be at the end and you can go back to the ballet.

*Sends in a few rancors to make the scene more interesting.*
 Kengo
03-10-2003, 3:55 PM
(The fire extinguisher runs out, and Aru is distracted by another 20 battle droids charging into the building, not to mention a couple of Rancors.... Kengo regains some degree of consciousness)

Kengo (to camera): I don't like the use of the words "cowardly attack" King!
King: Hey, I didn't know they could hear us!
Cole: It's these damn microphones, they're on!
JR: Well, obviously I want to see Kengo win, 'cause he's on Raw
King: NO JR! He's on Smackdown!
JR: I said "HES ON RAW"

(A fight breaks out between JR and King, Micheal Cole continues the commentry)

Cole: Man, he hit him with giant slab of concrete, where did he get that???

Kengo: Erm, would you mind commentating on THIS match?
Cole: Oh sorry, I was just amazed JR could lift that.

(Aru has just finished off the last of the battle droids, the Rancors have run off to form a new boy group, called 'Ra|\|KOR')
Aru: How did you survive that 50ft fall Kengo?
Kengo: I wasn't in the tank
Aru: But we saw you in it just before it was picked up
Kengo; Did you Aru, did you really?

*Aru gives a puzzled look to the camera*

*Kengo takes the opportunity to knee Aru in the face, throw a few punches, then throw him over the top of the bar*

*Kengo throws the barkeeper a small bag*

Kengo: Hope this covers the cost

Kengo (to camera): And now I'm going to do some mapping, so I have some work to show on this thread, so it doesn't get locked up.....

*Kengo walks out of the bar, which is largely on fire, and has various bits of battle droid scattered around*

Bartender: My bar...oh well, at least I have the money Kengo gave me to cover the cost.

(The bartender opens the bag and discovers it is full of 'Kengo rules' badges)

Bartender: I don't think I'm going to let these guys in here any more

*Aru staggers to his feet, and wanders to the window*

Aru: Oh dear....

*An X-wing dives out of the clouds, Wedge fires a series of missiles at the bar.....*
 wedge2211
03-10-2003, 5:24 PM
*Wedge notices that his first nuke didn't actually kill them all.*

*wedge rolls his eyes.*

*Wedge calls in the SSD Lusankya to commence a full-scale orbital bombardment of the planet. Then he nukes the wreckage a few more times.*
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 6:52 PM
End? So soon? It started to look like a Ground Assault...

Oh man!

*drinks the rest of his coke and goes out of the bar throwing some "Judge foreva" badges to the bartender as seen from Kengo*

*Tooks Aru's hand and starts to pull it up as winner since Kengo went away*

*But suddenly a very familiar sound finds its way into the ruins of the bar: a series of heavy detonations.*

OMG Why do they make things always hard for me?

*Grabs some popcorn and coke again and teleports to somewhere else with his very own very personal very trigger_teleport*
 AKPiggott
03-11-2003, 7:48 AM
This has turned into a pretty dreadful interactive story.
 Kengo
03-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
This has turned into a pretty dreadful interactive story.

I think the word you're looking for is 'degenerated'. I think they should do this with more showcase threads, add a bit of a storyline into them, some human interest, some meaningless violence. Erm, screenshots on the way....
 wedge2211
03-11-2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
Erm, screenshots on the way....
They'd better be, or I'll be bringing the death star into this little battle.
 Eldritch
03-11-2003, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
They'd better be, or I'll be bringing the death star into this little battle.

*looks up into the sky* That's no moon...

:D
 boinga1
03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
just for the record, none of you 4 will ever be allowed to complain about off-topic posts for some time....
 wedge2211
03-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey, don't look at me, I was trying to shut them up. :D

Touche'.
 SkiTzoGuy
03-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Looks like a great map i can't wait for it to come out!

:D

:koon:
 Kengo
03-12-2003, 6:38 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
just for the record, none of you 4 will ever be allowed to complain about off-topic posts for some time....

Damn straight :)

Hey, don't look at me, I was trying to shut them up.

By nuking us? I dunno man...overkill :)

Thanks SkiTzoGuy, you've reminded me there IS a map to be worked on :) I have actually done a lot of design work on it, screenshots soon!
 master_thomas
03-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by SkiTzoGuy
Looks like a great map i can't wait for it to come out!

Anyway guys...I've decided to keep working on the map, after all, I don't have a MIDI song on my profile yet.

Feedback about my map may as well stop now, as I have a confession to make: the only reason I made the map was to have a WIP thread, so I could get a lot of points to get the glow. Now I have the glowing name, there is no need to continue the thread or the map.

If it comes out. I can't believe you requested assets for a map that's only purpose was to have a WIP thread and make points for a glow on your name that you complained about taking ages to pick the color of. (Takes a deep breath) The thread fight was quite entertaining though, so you redeemed yourself in my eyes. lol

On another topic. Hey AKPiggot, can I beta test too? Kengo and I have both spent the last few days trying to help you fix Party Crasher. I would donate for the privilege, but I haven't spent my credits except for a hotel room(what a mistake that was) and still don't have many points. I'm saving for MY glow.
 master_thomas
03-14-2003, 7:05 AM
I just played th original Occupation. There is a problem similar to the skybox issue. The cutscene view of the town shows the plains of plain stone and an eternal drop into a skybox beyond the castle.

Other than the graphic problems of being in a town near the edge of the planet, it was good and the ground assault looks good, especially with the new skybox.

One question about thwe galtech building: is it supposed to be inside itself? I looked at the walls around the entrance in the opening cutscene and it looks like a enclosed area. Since you can't see the ceiling this looks like it could have been a bunch of walls with an open ceiling, justifying the rain.
 Kengo
03-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by master_thomas
If it comes out. I can't believe you requested assets for a map that's only purpose was to have a WIP thread and make points for a glow on your name that you complained about taking ages to pick the color of.

Sarcasm is a concept you need to get to grips with!

The Galtech building at the beggining - the camera starts outside the building, hence the rain. This area is actually like a courtyard, which is why the ground is all kinda paved, but it is outside.
 Shadriss
03-14-2003, 3:10 PM
*Wedge notices that his first nuke didn't actually kill them all.*

*wedge rolls his eyes.*

*Wedge calls in the SSD Lusankya to commence a full-scale orbital bombardment of the planet. Then he nukes the wreckage a few more times.*

Wedge, I hate to brreak it to you, But Lusankya was destroyed enroute... something about a civil war and a bunch of fighter pilots. You may have heard of them... Rogue Squadron? :)

That's no moon...

That's no moon... it's some kind of crustacean with a liking for bad italian pasta! Oh, wait... that's Lost Cause I.... :D

Kengo, with as much smack talking an off topic posts as THIS thread has had, this had better be a killer map. On the other hand, by the same reasoning, it could be a complete dud and STILL not have lied to us... as you've made no gaurentee of quality that *I* could find! (insert wry chuckle, degenerating into senceless laughter)
 master_thomas
03-14-2003, 6:33 PM
Sarcasm is a concept you need to get to grips with!

I was being sarcastic too. That's why I said you were redeemed. I'm not stupid. You made a set of tutorials for fledgling mappers. I knew you weren't selfish. Besides, why would you starting a fake and funny war of insults and completely changing the purpose of this thread redeem you.

I do understand though. It is hard to detect sarcasm and to understand if someone got your sarcasm when you can't see or hear each other and have no idea of who people are or where they are so I justified that remark with a response.

I was also merely trying to make Leslie feel better about himself at no care of what it could do to your self-esteem.:rolleyes:

Please!!!
 Kengo
03-15-2003, 12:03 PM
I was being sarcastic too. That's why I said you were redeemed. I'm not stupid. You made a set of tutorials for fledgling mappers. I knew you weren't selfish. Besides, why would you starting a fake and funny war of insults and completely changing the purpose of this thread redeem you.

I do understand though. It is hard to detect sarcasm and to understand if someone got your sarcasm when you can't see or hear each other and have no idea of who people are or where they are so I justified that remark with a response.

I was also merely trying to make Leslie feel better about himself at no care of what it could do to your self-esteem.:rolleyes:

Please!!!

Oh well, looks like I got the wrong end of the stick too...and I can assure you that is rare.....:c3po:

Don't go making Leslie feel better about himself, that's just wrong. :)

Oh yeh, I have done a lot of work on the actual map. I infact make the guarantee that the next time I post on this forum it will be with screenshots!

Shadriss, I make no guarantees about this map, except that it will feature lots of shooting, and I will probabaly copy other people's ideas a lot....
 wedge2211
03-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Shadriss
Wedge, I hate to brreak it to you, But Lusankya was destroyed enroute... something about a civil war and a bunch of fighter pilots. You may have heard of them... Rogue Squadron? :)

Bzzzzzzt! Lusankya fell into New Republic hands until it was destroyed by ramming it into a Yuuzhan Vong worldship.

*Wedge summons Pnut_master to back him up*

and anyways, I've still got the Death Star. Pbbbbbbt! :nut:
 starunner
03-15-2003, 5:48 PM
Yeah, you're right. They built the world's biggest knitting needle right inside the Lusankya's centre, then rammed it into the worldship. I thought it was a daft idea, but it worked I guess.. :P
 Pnut_Man
03-15-2003, 6:24 PM
Bzzzzzzt! Lusankya fell into New Republic hands until it was destroyed by ramming it into a Yuuzhan Vong worldship.

*Wedge summons Pnut_master to back him up*

and anyways, I've still got the Death Star. Pbbbbbbt! :nut:

LOL...I was wondering if Wedge was a NJO fan O_o..

Ya, and he's right, poor ole Lusankya was sacrificed in a battle against the Yuuzhan Vong.

And remember the words of Vader.

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."

The force is my ally... and my weapon :D
 wedge2211
03-15-2003, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."

I was afraid that line was gonna come back to bite me. Well, don't try to frighten me with your sorcerer's ways...
 Kengo
03-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, it's taken a fair while, but finally some updates!

*Hits Aru-Wen with a metal bar. Aru-Wen collapses to the ground.*

*Aru-Wen gets up, hits Kengo with a metal bar, Kengo falls to the ground*

*Kengo gets up, both Aru-Wen and Kengo hit each other with STOP signs at the same time. A few minutes later when they regain consciousness they shake hands and forget all about their differences*

Kengo: Can you smeeee....
Aru-Wen: Don't you EVER use my lines, you got that?
Kengo: (With sock puppet): Sorry Aru-Wen.

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10343.jpg)
Remnant warehouse...I got rooms full of this stuff! Note the neatness in Remnant stacking.

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10344.jpg)
This may not be saying much, but best door I've ever built

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10345.jpg)

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10346.jpg)

Hmmm...for a Remnant warehouse, they sure seem to have a high budget...

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10347.jpg)
Could it be any more obvious? Hazadous materials! I will have to make some custom signs at some point.

Question: What kind of font do the Remnant use? Can I just use Englsih signs or is that a no-no? It would make things a whole lot clearer if I could, but then if it ruins the atmosphere and realism, not worth it. I may be able to use symbols I guess.

http://massassi.net/ec/images/10348.jpg)

The lighting needs some work but this I'm really proud of, my first ever curved corridor! Nearly killed me doing this...

At just over half way into the map (second level) you will be given the choice of two routes. One takes you across warehouses and a starport, the other, yet to be started, takes you across barracks, armoury and training grounds. The second route will probabaly be more hazardous but crammed full of weapons. Of course, if time becomes a problem, I'll just ditch the second route, but I don't plan to as yet, hopefully!

BTW, a lot of the lighting here is fairly temporary, I know in laces it's awful.
 wedge2211
03-18-2003, 11:43 AM

Yay! almost makes nuking you worth it!

*Hits Aru-Wen with a metal bar. Aru-Wen collapses to the ground.*

*Aru-Wen gets up, hits Kengo with a metal bar, Kengo falls to the ground*
since you won't stop...

*Death Star blasts the planet into oblivion*

wedge: Sorry.

wedge: No, I'm not.

Question: What kind of font do the Remnant use? Can I just use Englsih signs or is that a no-no? It would make things a whole lot clearer if I could, but then if it ruins the atmosphere and realism, not worth it. I may be able to use symbols I guess.
You can download the Aruk-Besh fonts from http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/) under "Environment." Use those. As long as you put an appropriate graphic, it will be perfectly understandable.

The lighting needs some work but this I'm really proud of, my first ever curved corridor! Nearly killed me doing this...
Good start! Try putting some bevels and a simple patch mesh on the ground so that that inner walkway is continuous. (Might I recommend my patch mesh reference sheet? :))

Cool! Non-linear layout! AWESOME! i really hope that works, it would be so much more realistic than following a level that is "an Imperial base" but is essentailly a maze with one correct path.
 starunner
03-18-2003, 11:47 AM
I would advise against using English in a Star Wars maps, though that is just my personal preference. You might find most people aren't bothered. I always believed that English was never used in the films, although when watching ANH the other day I noticed that in the scene where Obi-Wan shuts down the tractor beam power, the closeup shot of the power display has English written on it. Apart from that though, I think Uraubesh [sp?] was used. I'm guessing it was a descicion made post-ANH.

If you don't have it already, you can download a similar font called Arekbesh (probably a copyright issue or something) here:

http://www.guerrestellari.net/bobafonts/select.html)

The shots are looking pretty good, by the way. :)

EDIT: Looks like Wedge beat me to it... ;)
 Kengo
03-18-2003, 11:51 AM
since you won't stop...

*Death Star blasts the planet into oblivion*

wedge: Sorry.

wedge: No, I'm not.

You can download the Aruk-Besh fonts from www.theforce.net). Use those. As long as you put an appropriate graphic, it will be perfectly understandable.

Good start! Try putting some bevels and a simple patch mesh on the ground so that that inner walkway is continuous. (Might I recommend my patch mesh reference sheet? :))

Cool! Non-linear layout! AWESOME! i really hope that works, it would be so much more realistic than following a level that is "an Imperial base" but is essentailly a maze with one correct path.

We stopped right after and made up and everything! I dunno..you're just to eager to destroy entire planets..makes me wonder about your mental stability a little... :)

Thanks for the help with the fonts' I will do as you suggest with that, now to get some kinda freeware paint program or something :)

I will also as you suggest get that continuous walkway going on.

About the non-linear thing: I really, really didn't copy it from AKPiggot, I did think of doing it before he posted about it, really I did, the script was already in a draft stage! :) His thinking it was a good idea did strengthen the case for using it in my mind I guess, but thats all! Really :c3po:
 Eldritch
03-18-2003, 4:21 PM
http://massassi.net/ec/images/10344.jpg)
This may not be saying much, but best door I've ever built.

You want to see a door? Take a look at THIS! ;)
http://jedi_kotp.tripod.com/door.txt)

Congrats are in order for your first curved corridor - "you've taken your first step into a larger world." :D

I'm glad that we've stopped fighting... too bad Wedge killed us anyway. Oh well, I'll haunt him real good!
 master_thomas
03-22-2003, 3:40 PM
About the non-linear thing: I really, really didn't copy it from AKPiggot, I did think of doing it before he posted about it, really I did, the script was already in a draft stage! His thinking it was a good idea did strengthen the case for using it in my mind I guess, but thats all! Really

Why would anyone accuse you of copying AKPiggot for a non-linear level design? Many people have talked about that. In the "suggestions for the next 'jedi' game" thread, it was discussed over many posts, mainly between StormHammer and I. Non-linear design is almost always good to have.

Kengo, about the door, it may be the angle of view, but the textures don't look even. The left is higher than the right.

Aru-Wen, I'm impressed, how did you get the candle light like that? .

Note to all viewers: Keep any weapons/battle stations of mass destruction away from Wedge2211. He tries to restore peace, but doesn't read the entire posts that don't have anything to do with the original topic and will destroy all if given the chance. lol
 Kengo
03-23-2003, 7:21 PM
Rumours of my death have been greatly exagerated....my PC has been down for nearly a week, then suddenly it started working for no reason, just as I was about to format the hard disk and re-install everything!

I'll get back to the map with new vigour tommorow :)

Hey Star Runner, thanks, I never noticed that Englsih thing in ANH. I think it's just one of those things you think you remember, there was no English in SW, and there was. Then again, apparently you can see a white van at some point in Brave Heart :D
 master_thomas
03-28-2003, 9:28 PM
Rumours of my death have been greatly exagerated....my PC has been down for nearly a week, then suddenly it started working for no reason, just as I was about to format the hard disk and re-install everything!

TRUE STORY
Once I had to get a new CPU because mine was completely destroyed by a virus. I never knew it was there because my stupid "Dr. Solomon's Find Virus" program, which came with my computer was "eaten from the inside-out" by the virus. The icon was their, but the program wasn't. I hadn't checked for viruses in a month. I realized the anti-virus software was destroyed, so I got e-trust anti-virus, from my sister's friend. I had 589 infections :lol:, wait a minute, that's horrible. I lost a CPU to that ****ing ***** of a virus :mad:.

What rumors of your death? Reminds me of the sarcastic remarks when I was extremely sick with folliculitus and out of school for two weeks.

Now to stop fantasisi-, I-mean, ummm-uhhhh, th- thinking about the horrible loss Kengo's death would be to the world.lol

My question about Aru-Wen's candles has been answered in another thread.

Interesting. In this relatively long post, I posted only one thing that would have had any relevance to JK2, which didn't really accomplish anything. Like about 20 other posts in this thread.
 Darkblade
03-29-2003, 5:51 AM
Damn... looking good Kengo. It has progressed quite a lot.

Sorry but I have not been able to send the Rebel Commander samples to you. There are some problems with my e-mail client and then my hard drive broke so I have to re-re-record those samples again.

Also I hope it doesn't matter if Rebel Commander doesn't sound the same as he did in that second map.

Anyway, I try to get those samples to you ASAP. Keep up the good work. :)
 Kengo
03-29-2003, 7:48 PM

Interesting. In this relatively long post, I posted only one thing that would have had any relevance to JK2, which didn't really accomplish anything. Like about 20 other posts in this thread.

Some times things don't have to accomplish anything. Abou those textures: They are slightly uneven, I will have to look at that. Nice to know you care :P
 Kengo
03-29-2003, 7:55 PM
Originally posted by Darkblade
Damn... looking good Kengo. It has progressed quite a lot.

Sorry but I have not been able to send the Rebel Commander samples to you. There are some problems with my e-mail client and then my hard drive broke so I have to re-re-record those samples again.

Also I hope it doesn't matter if Rebel Commander doesn't sound the same as he did in that second map.

Anyway, I try to get those samples to you ASAP. Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks man :)

No probs with the time really, there is a fair while to go for this level to get done thats for sure, long as it's done by the end really is all that maters, soon is great but don't feel the need to rush as there isn't one. When you say different sounding...I was hoping to have him as the same character if possible, doesn't have to be a perfect rendition tho, just close. If you aren't able to do this then OK I'm happy to go with a different voice, but similar is my preferance.

Look forward to hearing those samples, and I will continue the work in earnest :)
 master_thomas
03-29-2003, 10:03 PM
http://massassi.net/ec/images/9963.jpg)

It's been awhile since that picture was posted, but here's a suggestion. For the ridges, use Gtkgensurf if you have it. It's a plugin that comes with gtk radiant. If you don't have it, search the forums for a download link. It basically makes a bunch of pointed brushes that give it a rough, terrain look to it. Nearly perfectly rounded mounds don't look as realistic as gensurf can make it look. Even if they are artificial, they wouldn't be perfectly round.

I have a picture of the wonders of gensurf in my showcase thread.
Page: 2 of 4