Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Leader of the ideJ redrO a jedi PA

Page: 1 of 2
 Danlow913
01-29-2003, 5:28 PM
I am the founder and leader of the ideJ redrO PA. We are a Jedi only PA. You can pursue other professions as side points if that is possible in game (if enough skill points or whatever) however you must train to be a Jedi. Now before you all start telling me how impossible a Jedi PA is because Jedi will be so rare I will tell you that we are aware of that reality more that you would think. We realize the odds against us. The odds are against one of us fulfilling his dream and for the whole PA it is infinitely small. We however are all of the belief and conviction that we cannot pass up the opportunity to try to become Jedi. Not only because of the potential fun and sense of accomplishment but for ourselves. We want to prove to ourselves that we have what it takes. If we were to settle for something less ambitious we would be unhappy in game. We will not be happy unless we even try. And after all isn’t that what being a Jedi is all about? Knowing the odds are against you and pulling through. Facing up against an army far larger and trying to win. It is not a lost cause, it is still a possibility and we will do everything it takes to fulfill our dream. If you are of a similar persuasion regarding Jedi in SWG, then go to our site and read the FAQ and apply. The link is
WWW.THEIDEJREDRO.COM)
 setsuko
01-29-2003, 6:21 PM
/me feels sorry for people who has to be jedi to enjoy a game.
 Deft Aklin
01-29-2003, 6:57 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
/me feels sorry for people who has to be jedi to enjoy a game.

Will your coruption meet no boundary? Everywhere I have been I have seen posts from your organization regarding Jedi, and in every one you have gotten the same response. When the time comes, I must agree with Setsuko and say, "You will never feel the power of the force." I say one, one of all your members will become a Jedi. He will not know how, he will not know why, it will just happen, and you will all be envious and kill him. :p
 Red_Apocalypse
01-29-2003, 7:06 PM
... what's with the spelling? You can at least make it the Idej Redro because that capitalization is a butt... but what's the point of having it backwards in the first place? o_0
 MadMardigan
01-29-2003, 7:08 PM
Lest we not forget..... (Is that from the Bible? Ah, I digress) .... There have been several posts/discussions about becoming a Jedi as a secret of sorts. They are not to reveal that they are a Jedi for if they do everyone will try to kill them on the spot (Empire Faction at least). So here's a PA of Jedi's, which is unlikely as Jedi is extremely hard to achieve and once someone makes it they are going to be Very selective who they associate with. There is a Jedi/Padawan relationship, but that is about it. I'm guessing that this PA will not be allowed, or constantly hunted by Imperial forces/Empire aligned PCs.

MadMardigan
 matt--
01-29-2003, 7:29 PM
I think a PA with a jedi in it should be vulnerable to non-consensual PA wars...it'll add to the whole out cast/hermit Jedi feeling, and will definitely make a few people think twice about associating with jedi.
 Jared Sinn
01-29-2003, 8:57 PM
OK, I have to put my 2-credits in....

There's nothing wrong with a PA thats sole purpose is to produce Jedi- knowing that it will be impossible and yet attempting it anyway is in fact an admirable pursuit. HOWEVER, if you were smart about it, the focus would be kept quiet, and you wouldnt make so much noise about what it is that youre after.... It just doesnt make any sense to be so forthcoming about your goals. How about a PA of healers whose secret goal is force sensitivity? Now that would make sense...

JS
 Aeonan_Ren
01-29-2003, 9:00 PM
I've seen a bunch of these types of guilds form and it give me a chuckle every time. I often wonder if they are going to form only when at least 6 of them become jedi or if they are going to just form and hope for the best. I also have a feeling that Sony may not let PA's use the word JEDI in the title of a PA. Being that they are so insanely guarded on anything force/jedi I would not doubt they add that list of words not allowed.

I do respect your hope however and I wish you the best but I feel that it would be better to let it happen (if it does) and then think about forming.

Because there are so few Jedi, it’s likely that they will probably be drawn towards each other anyhow and end up forming some sort of group even if it’s not a full fledged PA.
 Lord_Vessen
01-29-2003, 9:36 PM
I think that there are to many so called Jedi PA's, I mean how can every single one of your members become a Jedi? I not saying its impossible to have your whole PA Jedi's, but it seems very unlikely. I'm planning on becoming a jedi but if I am not force sensitive then oh well, I mean there is more to SWG then becoming a jedi. Become a farmer, mayor, or soldier. If all the people in the posts I have read become jedi then there will be no rich diversity in SWG.
 Danlow913
01-29-2003, 9:56 PM
i hav had this debate to many times and the purpose of this thread is for people who want to be jedi and need a group of people to protect them and hag around with. so if u are interested than contact me and post but if not then please start a jedi bashing thread of your own.
 Corpocus
01-30-2003, 6:06 AM
I see nothing wrong with what Donlow is trying to do.

As I see it he is trying to make a group of people who *will* keep eachothers secret. So if some one in the PA does become a Jedi he will have a group of friends he can trust not to give him/her away. Besides that, they will all keep one anothers secret cause the whole PA will be trying to get force sensetive. Who realy cares if they can actualy do it or not. Trying to get there is the *fun* part. If some one does get there..great!..:)

Anyway, thats the way I see this PA.

Altho, I do agree with what another said, not to do any kind of Jedi or Force Sensetive kind of name. A secret should stay a secret. Maybe use the name you got now and change it when it comes time for the game so no one that read the boards will know.
 Sounds Risky
01-30-2003, 6:24 AM
Originally posted by matt-windu
PA wars

The Real PA Wars (http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/pawars/index.shtml).
 BlackDove
01-30-2003, 8:01 AM
Jedi PA's are stupid. You will all most likely be hunted down by Vader and Fett IMMEDIATLY. And you'll all die in the process. Shouldn't take more than five minutes.
 Wraith 8
01-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BlackDove
Jedi PA's are stupid. You will all most likely be hunted down by Vader and Fett IMMEDIATLY. And you'll all die in the process. Shouldn't take more than five minutes. Be nice!

Welcome to
SWGalaxies.net

Hi Danlow913
Hi im Wraith 8 your local Moderator.
Please Read this before you post! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71567)
If you have any problems what so ever, send a Private Message to me.

Here you have your welcome gift to the forums :D:
*gives a large box full of Chocolate Gnorts (http://www.swgalaxies.net/extras/chocognort.jpg)*)

I wish you luck in your Jedi PA.... hope you get to do it.

-Wraith 8-
 BlackDove
01-30-2003, 1:06 PM
That was my nice
 Jared Sinn
01-30-2003, 1:34 PM
Yeah, for him, that was nice. Which is why the "Resident JackAss" is now on my ignore list.
 BlackDove
01-30-2003, 1:43 PM
Gee, I think my feelings are hurt.

Anyway...

Having a Jedi nesting place is bad.....BAD BAD BAD...you'll all be a threat to eachother.....BAD JEDI BAD
 MadMardigan
01-30-2003, 4:30 PM
Dan, no one is bashing you personally, just pointing out that the idea of a Guild with known intentions of all memebers becoming Jedi is not a good idea given the information we have received so far. Now the idea of changing the guild name at server up on the 15th is an Awesome idea. I think Corpocus covered all the bases.

MadMardigan
 Danlow913
01-30-2003, 6:38 PM
i thank those of you for defending me. Now to the rest of you. Do you really think that my PA campus is going to have a big IDEJ REDRP JEDI PA sign hung up. I hope that you werent. I have half my PA dedicated to intel and counterintel. We have plans and I guarantee that you will never hear anything ingame abt us other than our name and that we area jedi pa. The security protocols we have are far more strict and thorough than any I have observed in any other and I know abt alot of the PAs. THe idej redro is an advertising name. We are also quite strict about who we let in. Ive gone off ranting now. If you would like to join email me at danlow913@aol.com and if u get in then u will see that concerns that have been adressed hear are far from .......
 BlackDove
01-30-2003, 7:21 PM
There's nothing like a camping site of Force Sensitives who are stinking of force usage...Vader and the Emperor should be able to smell you 10000 galaxies away.

Oh, sidenote, I just saw you have a members list.....you DO know that 3/4 of that list will not be Jedi, if not all of you?
 ScarletWinters
01-30-2003, 11:30 PM
LOL! The more I read your post's BlackDove the more I like you.

:x-wing: :atat: :darth:

Jabba the Hutt!
 Lord_Vessen
01-31-2003, 1:19 AM
Same here BlackDove is an interesting person, he is pretty funny. Still an all Jedi PA is hilarious, I can't wait 'till the game is out and one of your members drops out, tells the empire of your PA, and then you get hunted down. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Hope this won't effect my membership(lol j/k)

(you and your PA below)
:mob: :syoda: :snip2:
 Wraith 8
01-31-2003, 1:45 AM
If the man (woman) wants to start a PA of Jedi.... let him. have you all not read the Jedi thread? it was one flame war going on. and i was joining in. dont do this guys... give one warning to him... one is enough. stop crushing the guys (girls) dream.

ok?

-Wraith 8-
 swediot=)
01-31-2003, 4:32 AM
as allways your words are full of wisdom wraith but i for one think that there is just too many jedi wanna be bashers out there for you to stop them i think theres only one way :D :3headed: :forkyou:
 Wraith 8
01-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by swediot=)
as allways your words are full of wisdom wraith but i for one think that there is just too many jedi wanna be bashers out there for you to stop them i think theres only one way :D :3headed: :forkyou: i know. but i can try cant i? i can warn...... close... and i have freinds in powerfull places :p

P|-|34r /\/\3 :p
 Lord_Vessen
01-31-2003, 10:13 AM
Sorry Wraith if I was a little harsh on the all Jedi PA idea, it doesn't hurt to dream I guess. Well I'm done with the thread.
 swediot=)
01-31-2003, 3:41 PM
well with the new jedi system i think its very possible to make a jedi pa now except it would have to be started way after the release.
 Jan Gaarni
01-31-2003, 4:09 PM
This is no bashing, but a piece of advice:

As I predicted, becomming Force sensitive will be totally random. Anyone will have the chance to become force-sensitive, but there are no guarantees you will. It will be just like a big lottery.
As long as you play, you still have a chance though.
When you become Force sensitive, a new character slot will be opened to you in addition to the other 10, totalling 11 characters. Your main or any other character you have made before will never become Force sensetive. You can use this character slot to create your Force sensitive character, which by the way, can only be played on the same server as the character that unlocked it.

Here's where the advice comes in:
Keep your Jedi a closely guarded secret, as you will die permanently if you are killed too many times (prolly around 3-5 times). You will never lose the Jedi slot, but the character will be deleted.
In addition, training as a Jedi is very, very hard, and few will reach Jedi Master status. The cool part of dieing too many times as a Jedi Master, is that you will become one with the Force, just like Obi-Wan did, and not lose the character. :)
You will become a ghost among the living. ;)
 MadMardigan
01-31-2003, 5:48 PM
OMG that is so GD sweet. I love how they are doing that. You don't lose you characters identitiy and are "encouraged" to keep force sensitivity a secret. But if you are a big mouth you don't lose you new character totally.

I never had much interest in being a Jedi until I saw that!

Good luck to all of you on receiving Force Sensitivity..... hmmm that sounds way too much like: May The Force Be With You

MadMardigan :D
 Jan Gaarni
01-31-2003, 6:30 PM
Oh, once you die 2-3 times you'll lose your new character alright. :D

*poof* it's gone. :D

You'll have to start your Jedi Chraracter all over again. ;)
 BlackDove
01-31-2003, 11:44 PM
The reason why grand super-duper ideas like these have to be annihilated, cut, smashed, stepped on, kicked and thrown into the mud is because from those 200 000 - 100 000 people who are gonna buy the game (considering the low numbers, dear god if the 400 000 people already registered buy it, what a mayhem), when they do, half of them or at least a quarter (which IS ALOT) will complain in the style of: "Oh why am I not a Jedi, DAMN YOU DEVS; YOU RUINED THE GAME WITH DIS JEEDI PETCH, AJ BOGHT TEH GEJM TO BE OEN SUPAR DUPAR JEEDI ADN j00 RUIND IT FOR MEH!!!!!!! AJ W0NT MAH MONEJ BECK!!!!!!!!!!!"
 Sounds Risky
01-31-2003, 11:53 PM
They'll also complain that it doesn't play enough like Jedi Outcast.
 Corpocus
02-01-2003, 8:21 AM
I think you ALL are missing something here.

And that something IS......I'M A JEDI !!!!!

AND FOR JUST 19.95 I CAN MAKE YOU...YOU, A JEDI TOO!!

make your cash payments at a Galaxy far far away.
 setsuko
02-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Yes, I can almost feel the word "E-bay" floating in the air! Question is, what will be the going rate for a jedi account? :)
 BlackDove
02-01-2003, 12:57 PM
See? That's one of the things I'm talking about
 Lord Helmet
02-01-2003, 8:42 PM
hey um guys...i agree totally with wraith if they wanna build a jedi PA let them...they probably know the risks already...becuase they probably read everything jedi already...

and um if people complain they aren't jedis and they do good for THEM! more space for us :-)
 Corpocus
02-02-2003, 1:28 AM
I know realy. Give it a break already. Let people say they wanna make Jedi PAs without some one bashing them. Grow up..and you people know who you are!..:)
 Wraith 8
02-02-2003, 9:20 AM
wow.. you people really growed up in a couple of posts :p
 Shailoh
02-02-2003, 9:46 AM
Jedi PA? Not only is this likely but this is PROBABLY how most new Jedi would be made. Although being part of this Jedi only PA would surely bring you MUCH unwanted attention, from bounty hunters and other PA's.

But consider this, the actual things we know about Jedi's so far SUPPORT this system. Lets say for instance in order to join this PA you had to have a force sensitive char. This whole organization would have to keep its membership a secret, perhaps allowing the Main character on the account to carry the PA name while the jedi character would seek to hide their connection to the PA. To become a Jedi you will need a Master to train you. A Jedi PA would be a easy place to find one. Always there are two. Second, avoiding permanent death is going to be a Monumental task, and is going to require help at very least. Having a few senior Jedi or there higher skilled healing / protecting alt's stand around helping you would only increase your chances. All recruitment would have to be done via message boards to protect the identities of those involoved.

I dont think the number of Jedi will be few, I think after people have figured out a reasonable way to become a Jedi, and have dumped that information on player sites, it will only be a matter of time until it becomes a cut and dry process like achieving any other goal on any other game. Having a Jedi PA will probably be the norm for Jedi. You have to imagine, where else are you going to have others that know what you need to do to be successful, who you can talk openly to about things... Asking out of character "What parts are needed to make a double edged lightsaber? is only going to have every bounty hunter in ear shot loading his blaster and heading your way.

***People are looking at what has been said "Oooh I doubt very many will make it past padiwan" Every MMORPG says that, but then you end up with 1098239012 people hardcore over lvl 90, you end up with 2093480234 people on Everquest lvl 60+ with epic in under 60 days. It's just a matter of finding a easy way to beat the system, or sheer dedication. Worried the Empire will always be after you? I have read NOTHING that said your force sensitive character cannot be aligned with the Empire. This may force you to be a Dark Jedi, but it sure gets rid of alot of head ache. Permadeath? NP, its not impossible, just difficult. Getting flagged force sensitive, who knows how long this could take, or what kind of complicated process has to be completed to get flagged, but people will get flagged, and sooner or later someone will figure out what things caused themselves to get flagged and they will let others know***

Buddy if you are looking for people to join up with you who have the goal in mind to become Jedi, Sign me up. I personally dont LIKE the system as is, because I feel that it's actually going to force people to be parts of organizations like this to become jedi. (We can only wait and see, but everything i've read supports this). After many posts Im getting the feeling everyone else likes the system as is sooooo if you can't beat em... Join em.
 Wraith 8
02-02-2003, 10:01 AM
have you read the post of the dev? its gonna be different for EACH player...
 Shailoh
02-02-2003, 10:34 AM
I also read when the same Dev's said that the Everquest Epic quests would be different for everyone. Which in reality was different for every class when implemented. Lets be realistic here. How many players do you think will be playing? Your best estimate? How much time do you think the Dev's are going to have to individually program in a individual set of things to be done to come flagged? Thats alot of programming.... Instead... if there is a randomizer... say at character creation that determines by race / class that certain things have to be accomplished or certain flags gained to have your account flagged Force Sensitive. Now this would allow for everyone to have to do something slightly different, But the SHEER numbers of players is going to have more than a few people even if by accident getting flagged. They WILL need to communicate with each other for the sake of just exchanging game infomation, and it's only a matter of time until they find things in common that if done could get you flagged, or even worst realize a exact set of goals that need to be accomplished by each class/race/profession or what not that needs to be accomplished. But mark my words. I give it 1 year before that is common knowledge.
 Gaalgoth
02-02-2003, 11:57 AM
You've got a point, and I don't doubt that most people will get a shot at being FS if they stick with it long enough and experiment. At the same time, what with permadeath I don't doubt that they will all be weeded out. Also, being that it is SCS, you'll only get one shot at being FS unless you delete your character and recreate it. I don't think there will be a problem.
 Jan Gaarni
02-02-2003, 2:23 PM
I don't think Jedi will be any problem.

We know next to nothing about Jedi in-game yet, so I really don't see how anyone can make such a strong arguement about it.

Good posts though. :)

Considering what the Devs have said about Jedi and Force sensitivity before and the hugh amount of people missunderstanding it, I don't see any reason why this new info wouldn't have the same effect. :)
 Thrackan Solo
02-02-2003, 4:25 PM
Hah no offense but that idea is not that great. as soon as you hang up a sign saying Jedi Guild it will be like a feast for the bounty hunters. You will probably hire a armorer to make shirts that say shoot me im a jedi.

P.S look out for me,if you make one i will come with my bounty hunter army:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:
 Thew Rydur
02-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Just a thought on the bounty hunter/ jedi deal. Won't a BH have to get the mission to be able to hunt the Jedi for credits? Or will Jedi just be fair game to all Bh's?
 Corpocus
02-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Ok this was started by Danlow and if you read the posts he said as I did and I think others, that no idiot is gonna be posting Jedi Guild over his head or anything like that!!

I mean come on!..Give people some credit. Anyone that plans to make a Jedi PA I would have to assume has read the posts and know its gonna be a secret. You think just cause they are posting here on the boards that they are looking for Jedi wannabe recruits that they are gonna be doing it in game in public?..Give people some credit!

Like Danlow said before, he will not be using same PA name in the game that he is using here on the boards..I doubt it very much anyone will. So all those posts about people making them selves public that they are Jedi PAs is a waist of time.

Sorry, Just gets me angy to see people bash other peoples hopes for this game. These Jedi PAs very well know how hard its gonna be!
 Wraith 8
02-03-2003, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by Corpocus
Sorry, Just gets me angy to see people bash other peoples hopes for this game. These Jedi PAs very well know how hard its gonna be! LOL this also happened in the old jedi thread......... get used to it :D but they wont get far.. i promiss.
 Thrackan Solo
02-03-2003, 4:28 PM
you could tell the Empire about the Jedi and BOOM you got a BH heaven
 Thrackan Solo
02-03-2003, 4:28 PM
you could tell the Empire about the Jedi and BOOM you got a BH heaven:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:
 Shailoh
02-03-2003, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Shailoh
Being part of this Jedi only PA would surely bring you MUCH unwanted attention, from bounty hunters and other PA's.
This whole organization would have to keep its membership a secret, perhaps allowing the Main character on the account to carry the PA name while the jedi character would seek to hide their connection to the PA. To become a Jedi you will need a Master to train you. A Jedi PA would be a easy place to find one. Always there are two. Second, avoiding permanent death is going to be a Monumental task, and is going to require help at very least. Having a few senior Jedi or there higher skilled healing / protecting alt's stand around helping you would only increase your chances. All recruitment would have to be done via message boards to protect the identities of those involoved.

It's not going to be impossible or even that hard to keep your identity a secret as long as you aren't running your mouth. Im pretty sure the game will support the identity supression. But then again I wont be hiding from any bounty hunters on my Jedi. Jedi will NOT be easy to kill... weak little targets out there for bounty hunters to run up and collect a easy pay check. You run up on me and you'll be needing some new cybornetic limbs. I got the force, What do you got? A blaster and a warrent? LMFAO, Didn't you watch any of the movies? Bounty hunters 0 Jedi 2. Well 3... if you count the stupid bounty killed by Han Solo in the Bar. Bounty Hunters in the movie dont have long life spans. Always losing a limb to a Jedi, or running from a Jedi for their lives. I dont see why these bounty hunters think because they would be ALLOWED to hunt Jedi, that they would EVER be successful in doing so. The Devs said it would be VERY hard to become a Jedi. They also said they would be VERY hard to kill one. If you are looking for a good trade skill, sell cybernetic arms, and legs, I have a feeling for the first year or so your gonna have a lot of bounty hunters in the market.
Page: 1 of 2