Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Leader of the ideJ redrO a jedi PA

Page: 2 of 2
 Danlow913
02-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Shiloah you are on the money as usual
 BlackDove
02-09-2003, 11:56 PM
*cough* Vader/emperor/boba/other *cough*

Jedi = dead....
 Corpocus
02-10-2003, 9:19 AM
Ok I'm saying it now. Soon as BlackDove gets cut in half with a lightsaber I am holding a party and the booze is on me!..:)
 Deft Aklin
02-10-2003, 9:59 AM
My understanding of the Jedi has led me to believe that you will not be attacked unless you have made others aware of your powers. Assuming this is the case, why not remain neutral and deny combat until you become a Jedi master? This seems feesible. If someone trys to start a fight and you are but a lowly Padawan, why risk it? As Nancy Reagan always said, "Just say no!"
 DiamanteLouco
02-13-2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
have you read the post of the dev? its gonna be different for EACH player...

yeah, but there wonґt be 4000 combinations.....
There will be a parameter and sooner or later people will find out, after that is just be trying (like, trying one combination... if donґt work, trying again) anyway, as a former EQ player (note that I donґt like that game and thatґs why Iґm going to play this one) shows that, in three month tops, guilds with teenagers who donґt have jobs will make mass jedis...
But the GREAT thing about this game itґs that it ISNґT BATTLE CENTERED, that means that doesnґt matter the army of lightsaber freaks running around killing everthing if you can be mayor of a city and put a big sign "NO JEDIS" on the door! :D :D :D
 Xago7
02-23-2003, 1:11 PM
Actually opening the FS slot is going to be the simple part of the process. Whatever time played, points earned or accomplishments made cause your FS slot to open for you is the beginning of your trail. A dangerous trail.

Many say only the powerful backed by PA's will ever stand a chance to train. Oh really? Devs never considered a plan so over used in all games it has coined the term powerlevelling? My unproven guess is that since the road to jedi is meant to be secret, stealthy and individually challenging it will have barriers to this "PA PL Jedi" scheme everyone seems to believe.

I think you will quest to train new skills with hidden NPC trainers in many places. Some of those places will become known and likely under surveillance by BH PA's. However; once you go and actually run the training script then you will face a scripted trial.

For hypothetical example you find Obi Wan on Tattooine. After learning your 'jedi mind trick' skill and opening that skill for training Obi warns you that use of your power will attract Imperial attention and danger. You must leave immediately. On your way out you find yourself in a trap laid by 6 Tusken Raiders and you must fight or flee and escape.

Since this whole exchange is a scripted quest maybe you can see the danger of attempting this with PA support. You are attempting the same exact meeting with Obi but with a full group of PA 'helpers'. They sweep the area and keep watch outside while you run in and train. While you are exiting the trap script is run but since you are in a 20 man group the server spawns 120 Tusken Raiders to maintain the 6 against 1 odds the script dictates. A solution like this would entirely negate the advantage of PA intervention for the purpose of jedi powerleveling.

Danlow913- I support your desire to become a jedi. I hope you can acheive your goals. There are many people who feel the same way and I commend you for wanting to put in the time to organize like minded players and pool pertinent information.

However your implementation of your plans may in fact hinder your end goals. Have you considered the fact that many jealous players will resent it if you in fact open a FS slot?

Also that any BH alive will dream of getting the permadeath kill against a jedi as their ultimate personal goal?

If SWG is like many other MMORPG then your guild tag will be quite visible in game for all to see. Reverse spelling jedi will only draw unwanted attention to each of your members. I assume you would desire to guild tag your jedi as a monument to the success of your PA. Doing so will completely blow any chance of safety in the fact that it would be impossible to expect to move about publically using such an obvious jedi referance as a title.

If I ever win a FS slot of my own I would unfortunately feel compelled to break any ties to any in game friends I could not completely trust and stay clear of anything that could associate my character with the training he is attempting to receive.

I am not against your plan. I simply think your implementation in its present state will cause you grief and additional hardships on a road that is already as difficult as the dev's could design.

Good luck.
Page: 2 of 2