Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP:Theed!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 sematriclen
01-28-2003, 7:40 PM
ok here is my wip this is only the start and no they arnt the textures im using at the moment im using them so i can see where everything is uther than dark textures and sorry for the crummyness of the shot due to the fact that i dont have a working jediknight2 disc till friday(sydney time) rate it truthfully this is my first map i need all the help i can get and if any1 can send my some textures or blueprints or anything of the main street in theed it would be great if you can send em to sematriclen@hotmail.com ...........thanx sematriclen
<hr>
WIP:Theed
arch - 10%
texturing - 1%
gameplay - 0%
http://www.uba-council.filetap.com/index2.html) :) the pix are here just got to my theed project link!!! sorry about the link wrong url :(
 The Truthful Liar
01-28-2003, 7:47 PM
Link doesn't work.
 Eldritch
01-28-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm scared. This has the potential to be a very good looking map (lots of nice architecture in Theed), or a horrendous flop.

Very hard to tell if it's good one way or the other - the screenshots are in Radiant, they're small, and 90% of it is in this bright, garrish gold. Let's hope you get that JO disc soon and pray it looks better in game.
 sematriclen
01-28-2003, 10:34 PM
im hoping it will be a good map but i dont think it will considering it is my first map.the reason it is a golden color is because if i use a dark texture its harder to see but when i finish parts i will texture it and move on to the next part but iv got to find some shots of theed and the hanger and reactor complex.if it doesnt go over the limit im going to add the thrown room,hanger and reactor complex but i dont think it will fit:( i need some sources now of what the place looks like
 Eldritch
01-28-2003, 10:41 PM
As someone who has started (and canceled) several projects before finally deciding on Hogwarts, I can say this : One of the best things you can do, if not the most crucial thing you can do, is to get as much reference material as possible before you start mapping. That way you know, going in, how much you have available to you, the approximate size of the map you'll be making (this sounds much too big for a first map... i'm afraid it might overwhelm you), and how much you'll have to fill in the blanks with your imagination (for some, this might be a problem).

What I suggest is to not depend (at least initially) on other people to support you with screenshots, blueprints, etc. I suggest sitting down with Episodes I and II with a sketchbook and sketch out as much as you can, if only to get ideas. I spent several weeks compiling reference material for Hogwarts before I actually started mapping it actively - believe me, it goes much smoother if you do some planning ahead of time.

Best of luck to you on your map. "You've taken your first step into a larger world." ;)
 sematriclen
01-28-2003, 11:02 PM
well have have gone throught ep1 and 2 and draw about 30-40 differand drawings and have a large 3m-2m map draw in pencil(mums not happy cos i took up the dinning room table)and i am using that the main thing i need now is textures i have some but not many for the streets and thrown room thats really all i need:)
i have already cancelled "catacombs of geanosis" "ub jedi council""kamino"and"podracing area"(the starting part or the track)
 Shadriss
01-29-2003, 5:54 AM
My only advice is for you to not bother with the Hanger/Reactor complex. Not that it isn't a great location, but a)It's been done MANY times (at verying levels of skill) and b) I can tell you, for fact, that that area is FAR beyond the skills of a first time mapper.

For the rest, those areas havent really been tried yet, so by all mens go for it... but MAN you and the curve tools are gonna be fast friends...
 sematriclen
01-29-2003, 7:34 AM
yeah i have given up cos its too big!!!! and i cant be bothered considering im not gonna be able to come closs to your dotf map............................PS: have new images on my page www.uba-council.filetap.com/index2.html) just click on my theed project :)
 Eldritch
01-29-2003, 8:56 AM
The walls and arches in image 4 look a little too thin. Try making them a little thicker - it's stone, not wood.
 wedge2211
01-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Looks like this could be off to a good start. Be sure you become familiar with the curve-texturing options though, natural and cap (natural is for meshes, cap is for end caps :)). Also, do you have the Phantom menace game? There are one or two levels there that take place in Theed. Even if you don't try to copy that layout exactly, it would provide good reference material for the sorts of structures that are in that city.
 sematriclen
01-29-2003, 4:50 PM
Aru-Wen:thanx i will make them bigger i will even round them so they look more like poles from ep1
Wedge2211:unfortunetly i dont have the phantom menace but i have battle for naboo that has a lot of scenes from ep1 but i dont think they are of the place im doing:( i compiled whats done last night in bsp fastvis(nolight) had a couple of leaks but there isnt any now :):lsduel:
 __CKY__
01-30-2003, 11:31 PM
looks really nice I think it will be good.:D
 sematriclen
02-04-2003, 6:45 AM
ok im getting desperate i REALLY need textures/shaders for naboo and theed so if some1 can post a reply where i can get some or send them in an email it would be great:)
 __CKY__
02-04-2003, 9:57 PM
:D Sounds like ur getting pretty far lol.
 sematriclen
02-05-2003, 2:59 AM
i glad some1 came allong and gave me some textures i can use thanx a bunch scouttrooper..........:p they are heaps good:D
 sematriclen
02-05-2003, 5:45 AM
i have good news i now have a working copy of jedi knight2:D
 Eldritch
02-05-2003, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by sematriclen
i have good news i now have a working copy of jedi knight2:D

That is good news but honestly, does it actually require a post? ;) :p
 Shadriss
02-08-2003, 9:47 AM
I guess when you have no actuall work to show, ,ANY news is postable.
 __CKY__
02-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Yea :D But maybe hes really happy that he cna now play JO :D
 Eldritch
02-09-2003, 8:09 PM
That may be, but how does that have any bearing on the status of the map? And where is he now?
 sematriclen
02-12-2003, 5:20 AM
sorry bout the leave of absence but my internet wasnt working and radiant hasnt been working but it is now and im ready to start work again and a quick question what doin what does exeded MAX_POINT_WIND or sumthin like that mean when i load the level it makes heaps of stuff look like i got noclip on i dont get it? and how do i put multiple textures like wall and wall_glow together?................thanx sematriclen
 sematriclen
02-23-2003, 5:27 AM
ok iv got about 11 new screenshots at www.uba-council.filetap.com/theedproject.html) sp check em out and look at my progress:D
 Eldritch
04-24-2003, 9:28 AM
Why not just update this thread instead of starting a new one?
 sematriclen
04-24-2003, 10:44 AM
ok sorry i check here for a wile and found the thread wasnt here anymore and i even asked a monerator and he didnt know where it was but when i posted again it was back

but can some1 plz tell me how to do the forcefields like in ep1 for sp and mp plz thanx
 sematriclen
04-26-2003, 2:51 AM
Originally posted by Scouttrooper
:) download this :
Naboo Theed Palace (http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/environment/naboo/theedpalace(3DS).zip)
i think those are good enough
the sizes are bumed they arent divisible by 2
 Business_Eskimo
05-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Just get into photoshop or some other picture editing program and resize it to a power of 2 (256 x 128, 512 x 512, etc.).
 sematriclen
05-01-2003, 9:19 AM
ok where do i get photoshop and how big of a dowload is it????
 Eldritch
05-01-2003, 3:57 PM
Photoshop runs around $700, so good luck. I had to save for it for a while.

You're better off geting Photosuite or Paint Shop Pro, both of which are around $50.
 Zappa_0
05-01-2003, 6:16 PM
(Had to remove some stuff that voilated our rules)
 Eldritch
05-02-2003, 1:38 AM
Yes, Zappa, but according to the forum rules, you're not allowed to say that. You better hope a mod doesn't see this...
 Toonces
05-02-2003, 2:51 AM
Be careful Zappa, I don't want you to get in trouble with the higher ups.

Just a little warning.
 The Count
05-08-2003, 9:58 AM
I agree with Zappa never the less, if they weren't so expensive then the unmentionable wouldn't be such a popular resort.
 Business_Eskimo
05-10-2003, 9:34 PM
Originally posted by sematriclen
sematriclen@hotmail.com
Page: 1 of 1