Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rise of the Shadow Squadron

Page: 1 of 2
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-18-2003, 2:48 PM
This is it! the true history!

/**/*
After the battle of hoth, the rookies went to the fleet, they took their new starfighters, and began the history of their succes...

*/*/*
Its been several days since the fleet left the hoth planet, Skywalker is on Tatooine doing his research.

Princess Leia is making some plans to invvestigate about the Reward on Lukeґs Head

The rookies are just taking it easy for the time being, but now their worst challenge is about to come.
 Kuuki
01-20-2003, 8:48 PM
*In a Rebel carrier hanger.*

*Kurt approches Reziel.*

Kurt: "So boss... Have you been trying to see if we'd get new recruits? And Speakin of which, what do we call our group here..."

okay, cue the fancy opening credits and big flashy "Shadow squadron" trademark logo's :D
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-21-2003, 4:06 PM
Sorry about that but we got the intro in the prologue :p
/*/*/*

Raziel to kurt: "Well, i dont know if they enlisted new recruits, thats only at commandґs mind, now, about a name... come on, we are only rookies"

Commlink:

"all pilots stand in by, some transports are away, the Ion batteries are shooting at the Star Destroyers...
all pilots stand in by.."

"Well Kurt, lets go to our ships, i hope the other rookies are on them"
 Deac
01-22-2003, 1:42 PM
*Makon runs to an X-Wing and gets in*

If we survive, then we should think of a name

*Begins pre-launch sequence*
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-22-2003, 5:29 PM
Walking straight to the Xwing a Deck Officer came in front of Raziel:
"you there, you are Raziel, dont you? if you want to use one Xwing you must get an astromech Droid, we have a pair of them ready to fly, so choose"

Raziel saw the 2 units walkint foward, one was white and red, it looked old, the other was black with gray lines.

"I want that one"

"Well Raziel, this is R6 D6, he is a little annoying but it should so it work"

"well r6, im Raziel, lets get our job done."

Raziel went up the Xwing cockpit, and began the sequence
 Kuuki
01-22-2003, 7:29 PM
Kurt: "Aw, I get the old one..." :(
 Redwing
01-22-2003, 10:09 PM
((OOS: DSS, do you want us to create any filler characters? Or are you gonna drag certain people like say, Wraith 8, DD, etc in here :D))

*Tel walks up behind the two* Well you should have got here early, like I did. *points to an X-Wing, astromech already in, colored silver and grey* I'm flying that one.

*Tel heads to her X-Wing at a prompt from the address system and begins the flight sequence. She picks her comlink*

Tel: Remember, this is our first "real" mission as a group. Let's not mess this up, k guys? Now let's go kick some Imp ass!

*a passing deck officer hears her and laughs, making some comment about "the new morale officer"*
 Kuuki
01-23-2003, 9:32 PM
DRAG EM IN!!!

Kurt: "Didn't she sound like more of a leader to me?"

*Kurt's R-unit gets put in, and he gets into the cockpit and launches...*
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-23-2003, 10:48 PM
*i dunno if they want to play

Raziel heard to kurt: " Tel? a leadeR? come on...i think she must be worried about something"

Commlink:
"ok rookies, this is it, you have clearance to take off"

Raziel to the pilots:" here i go!"

LEaving the hangar, Raziel felt how the space feels, new emotions, new images, he didnt imaginated him flying but the destiny has a lot of ways.

"kurt, you with me? come and taste this, it feels great"

Suddendly the R6D6 unit whisted in a drastic way,
"Wha? what is that!? ... uh..? OH NO! the imperials are right now here!! what should we do? i never passed a lot of time in the training simulator"

two waves of 3 Ties each came straight to the transport fleeing, the sounds of blasters were so loud

"ok, here goes nothing... irookies come over here now"
 Deac
01-24-2003, 1:38 PM
*Makon points his X-Wing at the nearest TIE and puts shields on full-front. He fires, flying through the wreckage of his first kill*

Woohooo!
 Kuuki
01-24-2003, 4:38 PM
Kurt: "Okaay..."

*lauches...*

Kurt: "Whoa! Yeah!"

*Kurt's r-unit whistle and beeps, as Kurt tries to get into his group...*

Kurt over comm to Raziel: "Hey boss, I'm not sure that this old R-Unit will last long... Either it'll panic itself into a fried circuts, Or might short itself in the excitement!"

*fires and shoots a TIE*
 Sky Master
01-24-2003, 5:22 PM
Raith Solo boarded his private craft. " De-11, warm-er up. Ne-99, start dinner,;22 help me pilot and Det-er 5, start repairing the damage from last time." The vessel rose and followed the X-wings.

BTW: I guess because I was let in last time, I can join.
 Kuuki
01-24-2003, 9:06 PM
Well it is a open RPG... How ever ususaly you'd ahve to post a Bio of your character also. BTW, thats with solo? That a common name in the SW universe? :D
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Raziel was flying with a little bit of problems against 2 tie fighters, the shield of his Xwing was getting lower..

"Kurt! cover me!! i need help!! Makon take that tie at 3.45"

a green blasted the Xwingґs last remainds of shields, and the R6 unit started to work at them trying to get them up.

"beepboopp "

"I know R6, we are in trouble, -at general commlink- This is rookie cadet Raziel, i need help, send me reinforcements"

Commlink: "This is Echo space unit, reinforcements unavailable"

"oh great"

A tie fighter flew in front Razielґs Xwing and blasted, suddendly Raziel felt the fear of dead, and BLAST!!! It was Kurt who shoot the tie.

"Thanx man!! i owe you one."
 Kuuki
01-25-2003, 9:01 AM
Kurt over comm: "Don't mention it!"

*Flies X-Wing to Raziel's right wing*

Kurt over comm: "Alright get your shields fixed, I'll help weather some of the storm for ya."
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-25-2003, 5:54 PM
Being Kurt in the right wing of Razielґs Xwing, the other closest tie flew straight to one of the transports dealing big damage on it;

"this is transport 65-67, help over us!! we are the medic transport"

"Ok, kurt, come with me, we must free that transport from that enemy fire"

"Makon, you cover the back of the next transport"
 Kuuki
01-25-2003, 5:58 PM
Kurt: "Alright!"

*follows Reziel*
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-25-2003, 7:36 PM
OOS: try to make your posts larger
 Sky Master
01-25-2003, 8:10 PM
The Rebel Quester pulled in front of the transport."At least the Destroyers are out of commission." He blasted a tie formationwith his hexgun and front lasers ."Oh, no! The Ion Cannon is down! At least only the TIEs are left. Watch out for TIE bombers. They'll chew our transports double-quick!"
He fired his seeker proton torpedos at some bombers as he headed towards the fleeing vessel.
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-25-2003, 9:42 PM
"Wha? who is that Raith Solo?"
Raziel wondered, looks like he got a nice flying.

"this is raziel, 5 squadrons of tie bombers are heading our way, use your visual scaning, try to take them ASAP"

Raziel flew straight to the bombers way, and a lot of blue lights began to appear

"they begun their torpedo raid!!! go for them boys"
 Redwing
01-25-2003, 9:56 PM
Tel: *into comlink* Makon, you pull that move too many times and you'll get spaced, with no shields. Okay, we have two waves of bombers, dead ahead...they're on their attack run. We hafta get them quick!

*Tel targest the center of the first group of bombers, links her torpedo fire and unleashes a volley. The torpedoes miss the targeted bomber but hit its partner. The load of explosives in carries detonates, destroying most of the wave*

Tel: Excellent! Next?
 Sky Master
01-26-2003, 6:35 AM
"Okay boys," Came Raith Solo's voice. "Torpedos if you can, quad-burst if you can. Better to take 'em out here than let them get the frigates and transports."
 Kuuki
01-26-2003, 9:06 AM
Kurt: "Shall I?"

*Kur Gun's his X-Wing, zipping through the enemy fire, wiating to shoot... Kurt turns on his targeting computer, and locks on to a group of TIE's. wiats... Then, Kurt Fires a small barrage at the enemy, disabling a large amount, others destoryed.*

Kurt: "Not bad?"

Kurt's R-Unit: *Bam!* *Rrrrrroowwwwrrr!*

Kurt: "****! My astromech is dead! It just fried."
 Sky Master
01-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Raith fired his next torpedos at the incoming bombers and fired his hexiguns (mini versions of Trade Federation guns on battleships) and his front lasers at the incoming vessels. "Try to make hyperspace, we fighters will leave when our transports are away!"
 Kuuki
01-26-2003, 8:20 PM
Kurt: "No offence buddy, But I have a CO, I'll leave when he tells me I can!"
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-26-2003, 8:28 PM
Flying to the bomberґs squad Raziel felt how the Xwing was termbling...

"uh... R6 Whats wrong?

Suddendly a red light began to glow on Raziel`s panels.

"Oh no!! i got a missile straight foward to me!! somebody help!!!"

Raziel did his low basic evade manouver and he ligthtly missed the missile but it still after him.

"uh uh.. kurt!! help me!! somebody assist me!"

*oos Try to add more dificult.
 Sky Master
01-27-2003, 7:36 AM
"There is only one way to save him! R2, defector shields at maximum!"The Rebel Quester shot forward between the X-wing and missle, the missle hit the frigate, but after sputering smoke for a few minutes,
it regained control. "We've lost the deflector shields and our targeting computer is stammering but... (static)"
 Sky Master
01-27-2003, 7:38 AM
"There is only one way to save him! R2, defector shields at maximum!"The Rebel Quester shot forward between the X-wing and missle, the missle hit the frigate, but after sputering smoke for a few minutes,
it regained control. "We've lost the deflector shields and our targeting computer is stammering but... (static)"
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-27-2003, 10:54 PM
General Commlink:
"the second transport is away..."

Raziel: "phew... that was close..., now lets go back to help the new transpor...·

GC:
"Negative, rookie squadron, you must flee with the transport..."

Raziel: "but.. but.."
GC: "Thats an order"

"ok, guys you heard them, lets hyperspace to the rendezvous point, got it?"
 Kuuki
01-28-2003, 8:12 AM
Kurt: "Um, boss, I'm heading for that transport. I'm going to have to get in dock. my astromech is down..."

*Continues to fly on Raziel's right wing, wiating for an answer...*
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-28-2003, 10:16 PM
"R6, prepare the coordinates for the hyperpoint..., Guys, we did what we could, so lets get out of here".

Raziel entered in the hyperspace and felt how the struggle in his mind saw the last battle lost.
 Kuuki
01-29-2003, 9:53 AM
*as soon as he geting into a small hanger of a transport, then doors close, and the ship speeds off into hyperspace.*

Kurt while unloading the now useless astromech: "I need a new R-unit!"
 Deac
01-29-2003, 1:48 PM
*Makon aims at another TIE. He flies straight at it, and is hit bad*

Ohhh crap! Why can I fly nothing right!
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Raziel still flying in the space, entered the hangar and parked his Xwing.
"phew.. that was close R6-D6, you alright up there?"
A sound in a child laugh tone was heard

"heheheh i think i know what thats mean"

Raziel Saw his wingman Kurt spitting some gibberish words (censored ya know :p) hey hey hey! calm down Kurt, i know, that was a hard battle but we did what we could, so lets relax for a while, i heard that someone called Antilles, is on this ship, im looking for him, i want to speak with him, wanna join me?"
 Redwing
01-29-2003, 10:57 PM
((OOS: Oops :D forgot to post in this RPG for some reason))

*Tel flies into the hangar, late, and comes over to Raziel as he finishes speaking*

Tel: Antilles? Wasn't he one of the only two survivors from the Death Star?
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-29-2003, 11:23 PM
" i think so, in fact i dont remember very well who survived the DS, it was, Antilles, and the other...mm mmm Skywalker?"
-scratching head- "ill destroy one DS someday"
Raziel tought.

"well, Tel, you coming too?"
 Redwing
01-30-2003, 3:36 AM
Tel: Sure! I mean, of course. 'Slong as he isn't one of those arrogant pilots who won't associate with us 'inferior' rookies...
 Deac
01-30-2003, 4:19 PM
*After finding the extra kill he wanted, Makon finally lands, last of all. He looks at the damge*

Damn! I'm glad I ain't a tech no more!
 Kuuki
01-30-2003, 7:27 PM
*Kurt manages to get himself infront of an officer somewhere in the hanger.*

Kurt: "I need a new astromech, the one I got on Hoth was too old for combat."

Officer: "Like I care. How do I know that you caused the damage yourself, rookie."

*Kurt stands right into the officers face.*

Kurt sayd firmly: "The astromech was old. it broke down, I'd like you to see if there be any possibility I could get a replacement."
 Dark Sad Shadow
01-30-2003, 10:34 PM
*OOS: Kurt and Tel are with Raziel in the halls of the command ship

Raziel: "Say, Tel, what do you think of that battle?, I think that was fun, i know we are risking our lives, but hey, for some reasons we joined the Rebellion... Btw, Tel why you decided to join the Rebellion?"

Walking across the hangar they saw how the people onboard was not so relaxed, as if something would happen.
 Kuuki
01-31-2003, 11:37 PM
((Kurt: "Damnit DSS! I want a new Astromech!"

:D

I sleepy... besides I stoped at that point for other characters to but in ^_~))
 Redwing
02-01-2003, 3:38 AM
Tel: Why did I join the Rebellion? Well, uh, ...

*Tel is suddenly quiet*
 Deac
02-01-2003, 2:00 PM
I joined because, well, my brother came home and said the alliance'd make him a captain if he joined and he said I should join too. Haven't seen him for a year, last I heard he was a leader of a resistance cell.
 Dark Sad Shadow
02-01-2003, 9:27 PM
Raziel was listening to the other pilots histories while they were walking in the hall.

"I see, well, i Joined because...."

COMMAND:
" Raziel and company please assist ASAP to the command deck... thats an order... OVER"

Raziel and the pilots stared each other without any idea about what happened, and they began they way to the command deck"
 Kuuki
02-02-2003, 8:09 PM
Kurt: "Well, I hope these guys know I can't do crap until I get another R-Unit..."

*Kurt, thinks about his reason to have joined the rebellion...*
 Dark Sad Shadow
02-04-2003, 4:01 PM
Raziel to kurt:
"calm down man, im sure they will get you a ner astromech droid so be calm down"

Raziel and company where walking in the hall of the calamari Cruiser, and they entered to the command deck.
There were a lot of important looking people all satted in their own chairs.

"Welcome rookies, its a pleasure to see all of you in good shape, we heard about your performance in the hoth battle, so we decided to give you a new mission..."

The rookies felt a good feeling inside them, Tel and Kurt smiled
Raziel just glared surprised, but nobody spoke.

On of the people that were infront the rookies standed up, it was a middle aged man, with white hair in the center and a little blonde above his ears.

"The high command gave me the permission to be your commander, im General Reynir, at your service, -all the rookies saluted- no need for that now kids, just lets get something clear, you do what i say and you be fine... got it?"

All the pilots nooded
 Kuuki
02-05-2003, 8:27 PM
((I think I'll do my character a little different this time around, a sort of narritive perspective ^_^))

*Raziel nearly yelled at me*: "Calm down man, I'm sure they will get you a new astromech droid so be calm down."

*The only way I responded* "I'm just sick of the crappy survice us rookies are getting..." *Wasn't really true, people here are too busy to deal even with most pilots...*

-------------------

*Our little group walked down a hall of that Cruiser, We were heading for the command deck.
When we got there, there were a quite a few of important looking people all in their own chairs, sitting in a rectangular table, all facing us...*

*One spoke, I think about the thrid to the right* "Welcome rookies, its a pleasure to see all of you in good shape, we heard about your performance in the hoth battle, so we decided to give you a new mission..."

*Yeah us rooks felt a little better with the reconition, I even smiled a bit.
From the corner of my eye, I saw Raziel glaring a little surprised, none of us spoke.*

*One of those Officers that was mostly in front of us, stood up, it was a middle aged man, had a bit white hair, although his natual color still remained in a few places.* "The high command gave me the permission to be your commander, I'm General Reynir, at your service..." *Like good soldiers, we all saluted. How ironic next...* "...no need for that now kids, just lets get something clear, you do what I say and you be fine... got it?"

*We noded. But I smelled a rat. Rebels agenst the Imperials, very true. But these next few weeks would be quite the thing to tell my grandkids, If I ever to of had any... Kinda sad that a father to out-live a son...*
 Redwing
02-07-2003, 1:39 AM
((...? Suddenly Reynir is Scar's character? Uhhh...did I miss something? :confused: ))
 Kuuki
02-07-2003, 10:50 AM
((no, jsut resaying whats being told thats all. sry for the confusion tho...))
 Dark Sad Shadow
02-07-2003, 4:27 PM
"...you do what i say and you be fine... got it?"
Gral. Reynir said

All the pilots nooded

"now dismiss!"

The rookies left the room in the command deck and decided to be at the pilots lounge, they sat all around one table, and began to see the scenary, it was a big room, with 2 big windows, a lot of tables around, about the pilots, there were calamarians, warrens, and they got surprised when they saw a pair of Gamorrearn pilots, the green pigish humaoids.

"looks like we got a reaaaaaaaaaaaal strange social time here in the rebellion" Raziel said to his partners all of them laughed, the other pilots only saw them surprised
Page: 1 of 2