Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trade Federation Control Ship MP Map

Page: 2 of 3
 Padawan_7
04-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Eldritch
I think he's referring to the place where the Neimodians talked with Queen Amidala... the place that Qui-Gon tried to cut into with his saber.
That place is called the 'bridge' of the ship.

Yeah, Eldritch has it right. That's the place I'm talking about.

By the way, it's also the place where one Neimoidian sits in a command chair and orders the activation of the battle droids. (And in another scene, you can see many command chairs occupied by more Neimoidians to the sides of that central chair).

I think it would be great if we could go fight in the bridge of the Trade Federation Control Ship and see the command chairs, windows, view screens, control panels etc. Unfortunately, it would take a lot of work though. :(
 Breath
04-07-2003, 2:30 PM
You mean the Viceroy room. I have already done the floor, the windows and all the other objects except from the chairs, the video wall where Amidala appears and the ceiling.
It's not done yet, so I haven't release any screenshots.
 Breath
04-07-2003, 2:48 PM
Here are 2 screenshots from the bridge/viceroy room. It is UNFINISHED job.

http://users.otenet.gr/~georgebo/shot01.jpg)

http://users.otenet.gr/~georgebo/shot02.jpg)
 Prime
04-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Su-weet!

Can't wait. Can't wait. :)
 Chewie Bakker
04-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Heh, you should've used a Qui-Gon or Obi-wan skin for the screenshots :lol:

:gben: The Force will be with you, always
 Eldritch
04-09-2003, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by Chewie Bakker
Heh, you should've used a Qui-Gon or Obi-wan skin for the screenshots :lol:

:gben: The Force will be with you, always
Or better yet, a Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan model. The bridge looks like a great start, Breath. And that video wall should be pretty easy to do with a shader.
 Padawan_7
04-09-2003, 1:09 PM
Yeap, looking very cool!:D
 sematriclen
04-13-2003, 2:41 AM
hey breath hows the map coming???got any screenshots of the hanger?
 Breath
04-13-2003, 2:54 AM
Yes, there are some screenshots from the hangar. Look at the first page.
 sematriclen
04-13-2003, 2:58 AM
oh yeah sorry didnt seem them..............:|..how do u get those texture to look like lights??
 DarkLord60
04-13-2003, 9:54 PM
This looks sweet
 -=ReApEr=-
04-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Damm just watched the video wow it looks finsihed and you say is only 30% done wow i cant wait to see what else you put on this map and i will defintley be d/ling this map once you release it :D Gj dude
 Business_Eskimo
04-14-2003, 5:24 PM
This is EXCELLENT. Better than I could ever do, for sure. Keep up the good work.

If you ever need any beta testers, count me in :D
 sematriclen
04-15-2003, 8:15 AM
hey breath hows the map goin????
 mort!!!
04-17-2003, 9:43 AM
Do you think you could give us list of all the rooms you plan to do?
 Tuna'ckz
04-19-2003, 4:58 AM
Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly. Then the consoles on the table glows in the movie. Then theres the string of lights(?) at the base of the table, NOT in the movie at all. more details that are WAY wrong about the table. Table in game go straight down from the base up. While in the movie its more like / only its around 45 degrees. Infact why dont you first watch the movie... look how the table LOOKS LIKE then you can trash the one you have ingame and make one that looks like the table from the movie. The rest of the room is just great. very good details. The textures ARE infact much much more grey-ish. With grey-ish textures a table that looks like the one in the movie and chairs, with all that then you got yourself almost a replica of the room seen in the film.:jawa
 Eldritch
04-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Whether or not the table actually has those faults you mentioned, it seemed able to convince everyone else in this thread that it was the accurate table. When mapping, you sometimes have to sacrifice certain elements of accuracy for other reasons (performance, file size, etc).

The greyness of the textures was discussed in the beginning, though. Breath is using the textures from the Phantom Menace game, and those are the colors they have.

I agree with you though... I think the textures should be edited to make them more grey, as seen in the movie. It wouldn't be hard to do.
 Breath
04-19-2003, 3:01 PM
The greyness of the textures was discussed in the beginning, though. Breath is using the textures from the Phantom Menace game, and those are the colors they have.

I DON'T use textures from the Phantom Menace game. 90% of map's textures are custom, created by myself. The rest 10% of map's textures are from Jedi Outcast.

The textures in the first room are actually grey. The lights are giving this brown color to the room. I could have done all the map grey, like the movie, but it's not my purpose to be so accurate.
I just want the textures and the lights to make the map's atmosphere to be like the Phantom Menace game atmosphere. To be like the Phantom Menace game atmosphere means to be like the movie's atmosphere.

Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly

Yes, the chairs are ten in the movie. In the final version of the map, the chairs will propably be six.
But you don't need to be so agressive just for the number of chairs. I can place hundreds of them especially for you, Tuna'ckz.
It's just a copy-paste job...

Infact why dont you first watch the movie...

I inform you, my friend, that I have watched at least 20 times this part of the movie.
It's not posible to make a map so accurate to the movie. But it's posible to make a map very similar to the movie (like my map).
 Prime
04-19-2003, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Tuna'ckz
Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly. Then the consoles on the table glows in the movie. Then theres the string of lights(?) at the base of the table, NOT in the movie at all. more details that are WAY wrong about the table. Table in game go straight down from the base up. While in the movie its more like / only its around 45 degrees. Infact why dont you first watch the movie... look how the table LOOKS LIKE then you can trash the one you have ingame and make one that looks like the table from the movie. The rest of the room is just great. very good details. The textures ARE infact much much more grey-ish. With grey-ish textures a table that looks like the one in the movie and chairs, with all that then you got yourself almost a replica of the room seen in the film.:jawa Jeez, you came here just to rant about someone elses work? Weak.

Frankly, the map looks freakin' awesome regardless.
 superdude201
04-19-2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Jeez, you came here just to rant about someone elses work? Weak.

Frankly, the map looks freakin' awesome regardless.

yeah i agree this map rules i saw the trailer that was made and it rocked :)

plus he hasn't finished it Tuna'ckz and he may decide to have less chairs cause if it wasn't for him there probably wouldn't be a trade federation map cause i think its a great idea
 Eldritch
04-19-2003, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Breath
I DON'T use textures from the Phantom Menace game. 90% of map's textures are custom, created by myself. The rest 10% of map's textures are from Jedi Outcast.
My mistake. If I insulted you, I apologize. It wasn't my intention.

It's not posible to make a map so accurate to the movie. But it's posible to make a map very similar to the movie (like my map).
This was really the point I was trying to make. Sorry if I garbled the message.
 name_unknown
04-20-2003, 2:36 PM
What about making a trade federation map for SP in your next project? THAT would be awsome :D
 mort!!!
05-05-2003, 11:29 AM
If what you have so far is only 30% of the final release, may I ask what exactly the other 70% is going to be?
 Breath
05-05-2003, 3:56 PM
Right now the map is 50% done. The other 50% includes some underlevel areas (similar to the underlevel areas from the TPM game), many secret areas, the bot route, power ups placing and the sound effects.

I am satisfied with the current map size. When I complete the underlevel areas that I mentioned before the map will be really big. Don't expect much news for the map until 15th June because I study for the exams. Wish me good luck.;)
 Altus_Thrawn
05-05-2003, 7:32 PM
Looking great, love the architecture.
 Chewie Bakker
05-06-2003, 1:45 AM
Right now the map is 50% done. The other 50% includes some underlevel areas (similar to the underlevel areas from the TPM game), many secret areas, the bot route, power ups placing and the sound effects.

I am satisfied with the current map size. When I complete the underlevel areas that I mentioned before the map will be really big. Don't expect much news for the map until 15th June because I study for the exams. Wish me good luck.;)

No worries, Breath.

Best of luck for your exams.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
 =(BoD)= M.D.B.
05-06-2003, 7:10 AM
Can I beta test this map:D
 mort!!!
05-27-2003, 11:32 AM
How's the exam hibernation going?
 Breath
06-24-2003, 10:52 AM
The map is ready. Now I am sending the map to pcgamemods.com, so in a few hours you will be able to download it!

I put only one chair because I had serious compiling problems.
 Chewie Bakker
06-24-2003, 11:12 AM
The map is ready. Now I am sending the map to pcgamemods.com, so in a few hours you will be able to download it!

I put only one chair because I had serious compiling problems.

Well done, Breath. I don't see it yet, but I guess it will take a couple of hours before it's on the site.

:gben: (http://www.galactichunter.com/special_reports/jedi_academy.asp) The Force will be with you, always.
 Louis
06-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Wow!! I just saw this thread now...and must...download...this...one!!!
 Eldritch
06-24-2003, 2:58 PM
Glad to hear it's out, Breath. I'll definitely be downloading it (and maybe reviewing it). :D
 DarkLord60
06-24-2003, 9:19 PM
Very anxious to try this out. Errr hurry up Pcgamemods
 The Cheat
06-24-2003, 9:23 PM
this is so awesome, i saw the trailer a while back and forgot about it, just need to wait for pcgamemods to post it!:)
 The Cheat
06-25-2003, 12:52 AM
yay its there, downloading it now
 Captian
06-25-2003, 1:38 AM
just played, very nice breath. first time i couldnt find my bearings since most of the corridors look the same, but after goin through it 2-3 times i felt i knew everything :) supurbly detailed map, i got around 60 fps with a geforce2 so good job on that :thumbsup:
 Zappa_0
06-25-2003, 3:27 AM
I havent got to play it yet, but ive already made plans to make a movie there :D :D :D :D And from the screenshots it looks great and im sure its even better inside the game.
 Kengo
06-25-2003, 8:21 AM
 Prime
06-25-2003, 1:44 PM
Pretty sweet! I spawned a squad of battledroids in the hallway and began the proceedings :D Good times!
 wedge2211
06-25-2003, 9:44 PM
Hmmm...very good, I see you took a lot of inspiration from the TPM game.

Some areas could do with some layout work...like there's only one way out of the hangar. And some textures are overstetched/misaligned. But all in all, a very cool, detailed map. It looks like the battleship.
 The Cheat
06-25-2003, 10:50 PM
this map is awesome, i cant stop playing it. i play it with like 16 battle droids! pure fun! great job
 Zappa_0
06-26-2003, 12:11 AM
The only things i see wrong with it is a ship is needed in the hanger and the ambassador meeting room, i think should close. You might wanna add these in a future release. Overall it's a good job.
 Eldritch
06-26-2003, 2:16 AM
If by "ambassador meeting room" you mean the room where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were when the Neimodians tried to kill them with the gas, you need to look harder, 'cause that room IS in the map.

I do agree with him about a ship in the hangar, but unfortunately I don't think there's a prefab or model of that red Diplomatic ship that gets blown up. Too bad... it'd be perfect there (and might help to break up some of that repeating hangar floor texture).
 Breath
06-26-2003, 7:16 AM
I wanted to put Lando's ship in the hangar (like LivingDeadJedi did in Duel of the Fates map), but it wasn't fitting with the general atmosphere of the map.

...and the ambassador meeting room, i think should close.

Do you mean that the door should be closed?
I left the door opened because I wanted the meeting room to attract the player's attention. In addition, I think it's beautiful to see the corridors from inside the room.

I had also constucted an underlevel corridor (like the underlevel areas in the TPM game), but serious compiling problems forced me to erase this part of the map.
Generally, when the number of brushes was greater than 13000 I was getting compiling errors. That's why I put only one chair and not six or more.
 The Cheat
06-26-2003, 8:44 AM
well its a great map breath, definitly one of the best free for all maps available for jedi outcast
 DarkLord60
06-26-2003, 7:29 PM
Very nice even the gas effect through the vents.
 wedge2211
06-26-2003, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
I do agree with him about a ship in the hangar, but unfortunately I don't think there's a prefab or model of that red Diplomatic ship that gets blown up. Too bad... it'd be perfect there (and might help to break up some of that repeating hangar floor texture).

Is it just me, or did I see an AAT prefab a while back somewhere? I vaguely remember that...
 The Cheat
06-26-2003, 9:06 PM
the only thing that really bothers me is the one elevator where you can only see 2 squares when you stand on it, it just doesnt look right to me
 boinga1
06-28-2003, 4:37 PM
Wish I'd seen this sooner, I'm downloading now, can't wait to play it.
 Eldritch
06-28-2003, 8:31 PM
If anyone is interested, my full review for this map is up at JK2 Review (http://www.jk2review.com).
Page: 2 of 3