Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Did you try/play with SFXMOD ?? here is SFX2

Page: 2 of 2
 DarkLord60
03-24-2003, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by mariners2001
AJL - what's the chances of ledge-grabbing being included? i think this ability would take the game to a new level.

by the way, have you considered making your mod combinable with others? i really want to use forcemod with this.

Yes that is what I want and I think he already mentioned something about ledge-grabbing.
 Zappa_0
03-26-2003, 4:39 PM
yea thats a great idea... also the othe stuff that was said..flamethrower, grapple, ect. It would be nice if you could combine this with the new forcemod that is comming out soon. Also ive just downloaded it and like Anakin..Darklord influenced me also :) . From what is said here...it sounds great, I hope you get back into making this mod soon.
 DarkLord60
03-26-2003, 5:07 PM
Hey lets just say this is one of my favorite mods
 Zappa_0
03-26-2003, 5:35 PM
I just played it and I love the thermal Det's, reminds me of how they are in Star Wars Episode I The Game, really cool effects! Plus the Clone Trooper Gun was awesome also. The Blaster's was pretty equally set out, just like the movies. Sabers and force was great also. Keep up the good work!
 Anakin
03-27-2003, 4:33 AM
Hey lets just say this is one of my favorite mods

Flipping eck and I thought you loved Omni Mod Darklord :p
 DarkLord60
03-27-2003, 5:12 PM
OMNI Mod err whats that..... :) Nah I like it but Forcemod and this mod prove too be much better!
 Lord_Plo_Koon
03-27-2003, 7:41 PM
I just downloaded it and..... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It is so so so cool!!!
 UDM
04-30-2003, 8:23 AM
Hmm the saber glow was too wide. Maybe if you could trim it down a bit... :D

Some other issues: Falling down was a big pain, and I couldn't see how to disable force. The camera angle was also too far from the player (I think the original is better). Also, the combat could have been better if you'd added a meter of some sort (like MotF's dodge meter). It becomes more of a trial and error match which hits are by luck. You might wanna stick back to the original :)

Sorry if I'm too direct. Anyway I think the saber trails are awesome. Your mod's trails are the best to date. For one, they don't resemble flags. Keep up the good work man :atat:
 MattKG
05-12-2003, 12:45 PM
This would be like the best mod ever if

1) It incorparated some features from JediMod ie selectable saber hilts, etc. (eye-candy stuff)

2) The saber collision code was significant improved ie MotF. Right now, although the saber animations are better than any other mod I've played, the collision code leaves much to be desired. There seems to be very little realistic blocking/parrying and no locking except in duels
 UDM
05-15-2003, 7:04 AM
The camera angle's pretty awkward too
 MattKG
05-20-2003, 6:10 PM
i love the camera angles! lol
 zERoCooL2479
05-30-2003, 5:28 PM
I like it...
 Doctor Shaft
06-13-2003, 2:52 AM
I'm actually quite impressed by this mod. I couldn't beleive it, i Just accidentally bumped into it, and here I am.

Good mod, I understand you're taking a break, have fun taking it.

Like some others have suggested, this would be awesome if it were combined with force mod. the one thing that kills force mod is that, despite the immense number of features, including the class systems, the game play is still very much "ye ole JK2" style. This isn't bad persay, but it isn't good either. Most servers now are plagued with nothing more than flying in the air infinitely and using force push to knock people off ledges. It's obvious most servers aren't interested in creating Forcemod servers that actually utilize it's full potential, which lies in its class system and creating limitations for players.

Anyway, the saber combat. I don't know exactly why you did, besides put in the realistic saber code, and maybe turned on the ghoul2 collision stuff, but who cares? I loved it ,it was neat, and the saber effects added to that. The force lightning change is remarkable, something that should be mimicked. That's the first time someone actually did something with lightning that I've always though should happen. If this were to be combined with Forcemod.... I'd say you've created one heck of a thing. I'm know modder, coder, etc., so I don't know how attached or proud you guys are to your works. But I would say that if anything should be done, it's that small mods, great ideas, etc., should all be mixed together. Lots of mods have been coming up with gems of ideas. Oh well, SFX2 will definitely stay on my hard drive, even though there are no servers to play it on. Cheers.
 KaiaSowapit
06-13-2003, 5:49 AM
I agree Doctor Shaft, I'd really love to see a marriage between SFX2 and ForceMod. Though ForceMod is by far my favorite, the elements of SFX2 you mentioned would be welcome additions. (I'd also like to see a taste of those thermal detonators too! :))
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-04-2003, 10:24 AM
I will perhaps be the only person with anything bad to say about this mod. I'll make it quick, so we can get back to the praise. Nothing about this mod to my liking. Nothing was improved. You've only made the game easier. One nice thing to say though, you have worked very hard I'm sure. And it seems your efforts have paid off. Good job.
 DarkLord60
07-09-2003, 2:44 PM
Man that was harsh I though alot was improved I mean look at the sabers! When you jump or fall you can even see a small trail coming from your saber.
 vince56
12-06-2003, 6:20 PM
BUMP!!

This was a great mod. I still play solo MP games with it all the time. AJL, if you even read this, is there any way to extract your sabers and effects from this mod to be used in single player in either outcast or academy? Your sabers are phenomenal and no one else even comes close! I hope you're still around and read this. Peace...
 AJL
12-11-2003, 7:12 PM
No... unfortunately that is not possible since there is no
SP code available...

Or is there ?? (I haven't checked much JO/A news lately)
 t3rr0r
12-11-2003, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by AJL
No... unfortunately that is not possible since there is no
SP code available...

Or is there ?? (I haven't checked much JO/A news lately)
the mp source has been released. i suggest looking at ojp... your work would be be a great addition. :) http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=542)
Page: 2 of 2