Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Trinity

Page: 1 of 1
 hansmoleman
11-11-2002, 2:48 AM
well, i finally gotten around to posting this model. i am making a model of Trinity from the matrix. check out my site http://hansmoleman.cjb.net) for pics. i will appreciate any feedback since she still is lookin pretty rough, and of course i have to add her sunglasses :) .Also any refference pics would be appreciated, i especilly need pics of her profile and back, i have enough of her front side and boobs so dont give me any of that...well except maybe the boobs pics, you can send me those.
 gorganfloss
11-11-2002, 3:33 AM
Sweet model. Looks really accurate from the quick glance I gave it.:p
 Hiko Seijuro
11-11-2002, 5:00 AM
great job keep up with it :D
 [JKZ]_Yun
11-11-2002, 7:07 AM
great job!
Awsome work :eek: i love matrix :D
 Professor Snape
11-11-2002, 7:15 AM
don't she got a lil more hair though?
 Chairwalker
11-11-2002, 8:05 AM
The arms are to long and slender, looks like she was born on Kamino lol.
 Bob Gnarly
11-11-2002, 2:10 PM
great job all i need are the models now hans for my MOD and where done ;)
 hansmoleman
11-12-2002, 1:28 AM
oh oh i had a brilliant idea, since im gonna make her sunglasses tomorow i think it would be sweet to have the glass part be reflective, probably need a shader for that...any ideas on how this can be done?

edit: oh yeah, scouttropper: the poly count is a little under 3000
 Hekx
11-12-2002, 3:39 PM
Nice work :thumbsup:

Are you doing any other Matrix characters?
You know you want to make the spoon kid :)
 Bob Gnarly
11-12-2002, 4:22 PM
no i probably wont need him in game but yes for the mod i will need about 5 more modals and since hansmoleman is SUCH A GREAT AND FAST MODELER he wont mind right? ;)
 hansmoleman
11-12-2002, 7:09 PM
spoon kid??? who the heck are you talking about Hekx?? either way im not doing anymore Matrix characters unless KingPin wants me to...i never actually liked the movie..so you know how that goes..

KingPin I couldnt detect if you were sarcastic or not but it really doesnt matter, I just wanted to ask you what other models should i do for your mod? Hopefully not too many :D

Ive done some thinking and im not sure if having a reflective shader is posible so ill prolly try some kind of shiny effect...any ideas?
 SpYzEr
11-12-2002, 7:13 PM
When I click on the link to look at your pics, i get a message that says i am not authorized to see the page... ?
 hansmoleman
11-12-2002, 7:49 PM
for some reason my file permissions got screwed up, it should be fixed now, thanks for the heads up
 Hellfire Jedi
11-12-2002, 8:03 PM
Hans once the time comes may i test this in-game?
 MuRaSaMuNe
11-12-2002, 8:16 PM
Niiiice :eek: :D
 hansmoleman
11-13-2002, 2:15 AM
ive added some new screens, today i just did a rought version on her sunglasses. still they add a certain level of badassnes ,to use a technical term, to her. check her oot
 Eldritch
11-13-2002, 9:35 AM
The link to the Trinity section of your page doesn't work for me.
 Bob Gnarly
11-13-2002, 1:04 PM
yeah i need like 4 more models
 Gignatz
11-14-2002, 7:57 PM
i'm no modeller but that looks pretty damn nice although

Originally posted by Chairwalker
The arms are to long and slender, looks like she was born on Kamino lol.

and the crown of her head looks a bit pointy...

Keep it up! Keep modelling too :)
 Bob Gnarly
11-16-2002, 12:09 PM
so when will you send me them han?
 Dark Warrior
11-16-2002, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
The link to the Trinity section of your page doesn't work for me.

Same here, when I click the Trinity link nothing appears, just a blank page.
 Bob Gnarly
11-16-2002, 1:29 PM
try refreashing
 hansmoleman
11-16-2002, 9:05 PM
pretty much all i have left to do it uvwrap the thing, a tedious process. so ill send you it as soon as thats done.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-16-2002, 9:25 PM
yo kingpin hans said if i wanted to beta test this i would have to ask u, i could post pictures up at

www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/trin)
that would be the picture site if i can beta test it thnx :)
 Bob Gnarly
11-17-2002, 10:42 AM
ok why not
 Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Awesome Hans u see that ;)
u know my email
blazoor@aol.com one of u dudes can send me it once its near completion then i will get to work on pictures ;) thnx
 Bob Gnarly
11-17-2002, 11:24 AM
yes thats SWEET...ill send you it in a couple of days cause it will take a while to skin it then get it to work and package it
 shmacdonald's
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM
looks great, cant wait to see it in the game!
 Seka
11-19-2002, 6:09 PM
Now, I dont know your feelings on constructive critisism
But I intend to give you some, all the same. and I hope you take it as such.
I will start with the basic...
The start looks good, and in thus I will start at the top (forward picture and work my way down to tell you what I see)

Forward:
I think you have captured the angular jaw that carrie anne has, very cleaning, first of all. But you should make sure that you add some differentiation at the start of the hair line as she looks too bald right now (regardless of how slicked back her hair is).
And dont be afraid to make the clothing more pronounced. The collar needs to come off the body more, and some width needs to be added to the shoulders. The jacket almost comes out off her shoulders and tapers back into a more form fitting sleeve. I'd suggest making the area where the arm connects to the body, wider to remedy this. Other than that the torso looks fine from this angle, though I would say that you need to decrease the hip/thigh size. She's not a very hipp-y person. And watch your arm length, the knees almost seem a touch low(it makes the calfs look shorter).

Side:
From the side you can see a distinct point at the top of the head and a lack of straightness that her hair has in the back since it comes off her head. Move her rear-end closer into her body, it sticks out to far makes her look like she has a forward lean to her. And the instep of the foot is sort of funny considering it's in a boot.
There are, however no other critiques for the other two shots that have not already been mentioned.

I hope you didn't mind my hacking appart your model like that. I only do that to models I see a lot of potential in. If that's anything too you.
 KMan
11-19-2002, 6:59 PM
Seka is pretty much dead on for what I was going to say. I would like to see some shots of the model showing the faces, either wireframe mode or flats with wires on top.
 hansmoleman
11-20-2002, 2:04 AM
Seka, thanks for the comments, i really appreciate constructive criticism as it allows me to make better stuff. i dont have any new pics but i am working on applying your advice. This post was pretty much about me thanking you, and i encourage people to give constructive criticism to me and other modelers, after all thats why we post it here! if we didnt care wed just release the models! so just wanted to say that.

kman, i never thought about posting faceted or wireframe views but i realize now they are VERY usefull to most people trying to look on the model, ill be posting those in teh future as well.
 Bob Gnarly
11-20-2002, 3:38 PM
yeah, thats true i just seen right through the mistakes and seen how good it was :D maybe i should be more observent
 hansmoleman
11-23-2002, 9:41 PM
new pics are uploaded, i applied pretty much everything Seka said and i just notcied the ass is still a lil big so thats gonna be changed. of hand id say im pretty much fed up with this model :) and i bet KingPin is about ready to kill me cuz ive taken so long so im gonna go ahead and finish it up and send it over to him, i think tomorow. im sure itll look sweet after hes done with her, i just hope he wont strangle me with my mouse *shudders*
 Bob Gnarly
11-24-2002, 10:38 AM
actually i havent thought of it for a while.......but the stranggleing sounds nice :evil2: :evil6:
 hansmoleman
11-25-2002, 12:44 AM
ok the model is done all thats left is to skin it, ive made a test skin and would like to test it in-game, the only problem is that Assimilate is giving me this error:

-------- C:\jk2\GameData\base\models\players\trinity\model. car --------
( Build trigger: "c:\jk2\gamedata\base\models\players\trinity\model. glm" missing
)
entering c:\jk2\gamedata\base\models\players\trinity\model. car
(90 degree skewing OFF)
Loading GLA "models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla"...17278 frames
Grabbed 1 files with 17278 frames
Processing 'c:/jk2/gamedata/base/models/players/trinity/root.XSI'
Processing meshes, LOD 0
Processing meshes, LOD 1
(Mesh empty, so total LODs = 1)
Generating model.glm ... ( scale: 0.64 )
Smoothing...
LOD 0: 98% Ok
Writing MDX/GLM model file...
Building GLM...
Error: Surface 'head' has 1347 verts, max is 1000!
Warning: Surface can't use shadows, #verts(1347) > SHADER_MAX_VERTS/2 (500)
( "head" )

( Press any Key ... )

this seems harmless enough but when i go to fix these 347 vertexes i find that my head is only about 319 vetexes. now it gets really weird, when i export the head int milkshape it says there 1600 vertexes and i am able to bring it down to 319 so i put it back in Max and wight and set up the heirarchy and once again it gives me the error at the top...what the hell is going on??
 teutonicknight
11-25-2002, 1:57 AM
Wow, looks good! Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:
 Bob Gnarly
11-25-2002, 5:41 PM
so when will it be done hans....?
 hansmoleman
11-25-2002, 8:32 PM
its already done, i just need to know where to send it. the only problem occurs when i try to compile it...anyone have ANY idea on how to fix my problem?
 Bob Gnarly
11-26-2002, 4:01 PM
just send it to Tirantus@hotmail.com
Page: 1 of 1