Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pentagon bombed.....

Page: 2 of 2
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 3:16 PM
On CNN have just reported that a building near the trade center (which is now gone ):( is burning.
 Thrawn
09-11-2001, 3:17 PM
Wow, I still can't believe it. . . Anyone think this may be the begining of the end? I don't know how many of you are religous, but I am. I hope this isn't the Revelation. . . :( Besides, I still haven't asked out the girl I want to go out with. ;)
 JediMasterEd
09-11-2001, 3:28 PM
maybe we shouldn't be focused on the end of the world, lets worry about what might happen. Lets just send our best of hopes to the ones involved and hope for the best. first both trade centers are hit, then the pentigon, the trade centers collapse and another plane hits pennsylvania. this is the saddest day in america.:( . i'm going to cry.:ball: :ball: :ball: :ball:
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 3:34 PM
Edwardc87 what happened today is really horrible but it isn't the end of the world.
 JediMasterEd
09-11-2001, 3:38 PM
i know. but many of the other people are saying its the end of the world which it isn't.
 Sherack Nhar
09-11-2001, 3:41 PM
While I am only 16 years old, I can now understand the terror that Europeans felt when the Nazis invaded Poland in 1939 (or was it 1938?). A sign of things to come.

This may turn into a third World War, people. The terrorists' actions are so...barbaric, it can't be described with words. I simply don't believe it yet. Never did a catastrophe like this one reached me so much.

I SO wish I'm wrong about the 3rd World War.
 Paladin
09-11-2001, 3:44 PM
I pray for all those who worked in World Trade Center 1&2.
We should hunt down those who are responsible. God help us.:(
 Booya2020
09-11-2001, 3:46 PM
Its not the end of the world. As for WW3 nobody can predict the future:( Even here in Canada we are feeling your pain. I can't beleive it. Today the entire world is in mourning. Except for those people in palestine:mad:
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 3:47 PM
Sherack Nhar you are definitely wrong.And i'm only 13.To happen WW3 a country like Russia ,China ,Great Britan ,USA has to attack one of the countries Russia ,China ,Great Britan ,USA.And this hasn't happen yet so DON'T WORRY.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Thrawn
Wow, I still can't believe it. . . Anyone think this may be the begining of the end? I don't know how many of you are religous, but I am. I hope this isn't the Revelation. . . :( Besides, I still haven't asked out the girl I want to go out with. ;)

Thrawn, i have thought long and hard about that. But i've decide that i don't think it is. I believe that the destruction will be musch more massive for that time, and that the chrsitians will be "taken up" before the worst comes.

On a lighter note, I don't think that World War 3 wil happen. The reason, the allies are way too strong. There is no large communist or other group that could take on the allies. The only threat are the small, third-world countries made up of terrorists. Those countries, even when allied together don't have the strenth to take on the US much less all of the UN. No, if there is a war, it will involve us bombing the crap out of our enemy and then going in to take them out. Kinda like desert storm, but quicker and easier i think.
 Bifficvs
09-11-2001, 3:51 PM
I have no clue if it is a country or terrorist group, but whoever it is has to be pretty big. To organize such an intricate plan requires a bit of manpower, plus, I would think that the terrorits had to have at least basically skilled pilots in order to crash into the WTC. I would think if a regular pilot had a gun to his head and was ordered to crash into the WTC, he would rather crash the plane someplace unpopulated. If he's gonna die, I don't think he would help the terrorits. I think we should all be grateful to those pilots whose planes crashes in unpopulated area like the one outside of Philidelpha, trying to avoid even further casualties.
 Booya2020
09-11-2001, 3:54 PM
What I can't understand is why all those countries just can't get rid of their terrorists! Its like they don't want to... This day will go down in history but id rather it be another day then to have all those people killed. The only reason terrorism exists is because whoever performed the act is a coward.
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 3:56 PM
Bifficvs your version of the plane that crashed near philadelphia is exactly like mine.But my second version is that the goverment shoot it down.
 Bifficvs
09-11-2001, 4:02 PM
The intention was to create panic and destroy Americaґs Invulnerability... and it was achieved... Iґm not saying itґs right ( killing thousands of Innocent ppl never is), but this is a very calculated manneuver... i dont know who did ...But they made sure that this thing was succesfull
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by Booya2020
What I can't understand is why all those countries just can't get rid of their terrorists! Its like they don't want to... This day will go down in history but id rather it be another day then to have all those people killed. The only reason terrorism exists is because whoever performed the act is a coward.

Some of them really don't want to. While they may not sanction these attacks, I don't think they care enough to spend time and money hunting down these organizations. There are countries in the Middle East, as well as many other places, that hate Americans, and Westerners in general, very very much.
I have heard a rumor that these attacks were made by an militant Muslim extremist group. If so, these people think its their god's will to bring destruction to Westerners, and they won't let anything, even death, stop them. In some people's minds, if they die, so much the better, as long as they take some of us down with them. The fact that people think like this frightens me. If they don't mind dieing to knock over a skyscraper, they obviously don't fear our reprisals.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by Booya2020

Because the Goverenment doesn't WANT to get rid of them. In fact, some of them support the terrorists coz they hate Americam and they are enemies of America. Plus, terrorists are hard to get rid of, kinda like bugs in your house.
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 4:08 PM
I don't know if you know but their religion says to the Muslim that if they die like a warrior they will go to paradise where there will be a lot of women awaiting the "warriors" and many other good things.
 Bifficvs
09-11-2001, 4:12 PM
someone just pointed this out to me:

http://www.worldpeace.org/culture.html)
 Lord JayVizIon
i didn't hear that. what i know is that if they die for Allah, they will be transformed and head to a world where they are seen as heroes. if you call what happened today as an act of heroism, than i'd rather not be one.

it's too premature to point fingers. however, if this is bin laden's work, then i hope we do punish him to the highest degree and every single one of his associates....
 Crackercho
Maybe some of you are thinking that i am one of the muslim but i'm not.I'm a citizen of Bulgaria.A country that was under muslim control for five centauries.I'm glad that my country isn't under their control now.
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 4:14 PM
even if you were muslim crackercho, i wouldn't be mad at you. i have friends who are muslim. however, i do want the people who did this to be hunted down. i hope the person i know there is okay.....
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 4:25 PM
Lord JayVizIon I hope your friend is okay.Bye!
 JEDI_MASTA
09-11-2001, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Thrawn, i have thought long and hard about that. But i've decide that i don't think it is. I believe that the destruction will be musch more massive for that time, and that the chrsitians will be "taken up" before the worst comes.

On a lighter note, I don't think that World War 3 wil happen. The reason, the allies are way too strong. There is no large communist or other group that could take on the allies. The only threat are the small, third-world countries made up of terrorists. Those countries, even when allied together don't have the strenth to take on the US much less all of the UN. No, if there is a war, it will involve us bombing the crap out of our enemy and then going in to take them out. Kinda like desert storm, but quicker and easier i think.

tie i like your thought nice and positive but lets be serious the armed forces arent what they used to b because of Clinton:mad:
(sorry i dont want to let my politics take place here but just telling u thats how i feel) and any big country has evough nukes to fire at us and make us blow our stack of nukes and that would b the end to the world man scary aint it i dont think this is the end though:D
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA
tie i like your thought nice and positive but lets be serious the armed forces arent what they used to b because of Clinton:mad:
(sorry i dont want to let my politics take place here but just telling u thats how i feel) and any big country has evough nukes to fire at us and make us blow our stack of nukes and that would b the end to the world man scary aint it i dont think this is the end though:D

that's my point, no other countries have enough nukes, but more importantly, they all know what the consecuences of using one. That is why i believe that unless a country is on the brink of total annihilation, they will not result to nuclear warfare. When one fires a huke, many many others fire, those in turn coz others to fire until the world is nearly destroyed. whats left is killled by radiation and cancer, two problems coming with the same source. So, nukes are not an actual weapon of destruction meant to be fired upon enemies, but a way to quell them with the fear of firing them. Get it? Everyone knows this, that is why instead of nuking Aphfanistan or Palistine, we will fire smart bombs and cruise missles.
 JediMasterEd
09-11-2001, 6:00 PM
doesn't Bush want to disarm the nukes and use them for scrap? though nukes are the answer in the game of Red Alert 2, its not fun to talk about them in my eyes.
 Clefo
09-11-2001, 6:57 PM
It was no fault of the military that this happened so don't point fingers at Clinton..

Pardon my language but this is the most ****ed up day in American History...
 die rebel scum
09-11-2001, 7:42 PM
My sister was right under the trade center 3 days ago she got back last night this is so great thank god
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 7:54 PM
I am happy to hear your sister is safe. i aslo had a friend who was there but three weeks ago.

However I'm still shocked by the images I see on TV. It is just terrible.

As anybody else herd of the bombing happening in Afghannistan (Is how you spell it?). My brother believes it is Bush's doing and he has a good example to back it up. The US military can do any operation without having to notice congress and the public until it has been three weeks.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 8:08 PM
Actually, he can do it for 90 days without approval (ever heard of Kossovo? ;))

anyways, i have a hard time believing that it was the americans, they would have to have scrambled bombers pretty fast to make it. I wouldn't be suprised if it is the US, but i also wouldn't be suprised if it was Israel or even other factions in Aphganistan.
 xwing guy
09-11-2001, 8:53 PM
Those people in afganistan are in a civil war anyways and its been confirmed that those bombs were NOT from us. BTW just an interesting little side note here, Bin Laden is hated by his own musilisms except those in his terrorist group, like the palestins and the iraqies don't even call them musilims they call them something else. So you can see that even other musilims hate bin laden and his group.
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 8:55 PM
I doubt the bombings in Kabul are due to American bombers. Russia and China are right on top of Afghanistan. Do you think either of them would miss a flight of bombers flying through their neighboring airspace? No. Would they keep quiet while Bush denys these bombings, after noticing our bombers? Of course not. They don't want us, or anyone for that matter, running around there bombing anything we please into the ground, and then lying about it.

If you ask me, it almost seems like these extremist groups are trying to play the USA and Afghanistan against each other. Someone rams the WTC and the Pentagon. Afghanistan says they didn't do it. Numerous sites in Kabul are bombed. The USA says they didn't do it. It all seems a little too perfect if you ask me.
 xwing guy
09-11-2001, 9:05 PM
No those people over there are in a civil war with themselves and each other and that explains it.
 darthfergie
09-11-2001, 9:09 PM
How in the Heck can people ram the Pentegon???:(
I always thought they had mobile sam missle launches ,etc. around there. This is so crazy:(
I'm ready for military action RIGHT NOW:mad:
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 9:17 PM
Well, the White House supposedally has Stinger Missle batteries guarding it, but I guess the Pentagon doesn't. But I agree, I expected hidden missle batteries to defend it or something.

This is getting wayyyy too close to RA2 territory.....
 Lord JayVizIon
09-12-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
I get your point, Jackal.

Anyway, don't blame the Palistinians too much. There leader seemed very shocked.

Oh by the way, sorry about the Pentagon thing.

dood, there leader seemed shocked b/c he knows that his country, as well as his own life, are in jeopardy. don't believe this crap about the afghans doing their own investigation and how arafat said they'll investigate this. the mid east has hated the U.S. for years so what makes you think they'll do us the favor of doing there own measley investigation?
 crazy_dog
09-12-2001, 1:45 AM
Of course they are. If the investigation fails...
 Tie Guy
09-12-2001, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Well, the White House supposedally has Stinger Missle batteries guarding it, but I guess the Pentagon doesn't. But I agree, I expected hidden missle batteries to defend it or something.

This is getting wayyyy too close to RA2 territory.....

The US would never shoot down a civilian plain, not unless they were 200% sure that it was highjacked, and 300% sure that they were gonna intentially crash into the Whitehouse or Pentagon or whatever. They can't just start shooting anything that comes near, unless of course, it is an enemy military aircraft.
 Trade Fed Ed
09-12-2001, 3:12 PM
lapla!
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 4:14 PM

The US would never shoot down a civilian plain, not unless they were 200% sure that it was highjacked, and 300% sure that they were gonna intentially crash into the Whitehouse or Pentagon or whatever. They can't just start shooting anything that comes near, unless of course, it is an enemy military aircraft.

I see your point, as today I found out that the plane was going around 700mph and its regular flight path brought it right next to the Pentagon anyway. They probably couldn't have guessed that it was another kamakize plane.
 Tie Guy
09-12-2001, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732

I see your point, as today I found out that the plane was going around 700mph and its regular flight path brought it right next to the Pentagon anyway. They probably couldn't have guessed that it was another kamakize plane.

Jumbo jets can't get over 400 mph, but they are working on a new design that can go 500mph. Still, there wasn't much they could do, by the time they realized it, it was already too late, unfortunately.
 Captain Fett
09-12-2001, 9:02 PM

R u a Christian? If so have you read Zephaniah in the King James Version? It totally describes the whole thing! It's freaky that someone could prophecy that this would happen thousands of years ago! It's also scary that we might be under God's wrath for being so powerful and so darn cocky!
 xwing guy
09-12-2001, 9:15 PM
No I think that Bin Laden will be the one under Gods wrath. Also the pentagon does have SAMs around it but they didn't know what it was going to do and it was kinda low making it a hard target, and they didn't know it was hijaked.
 Admiral Odin
09-13-2001, 6:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the airspace around the pentagon off limits?
 Tie Guy
09-13-2001, 6:08 PM
Yes, but by the time that the plane entered the zone, it was already too late. Also, they would have been very hesitant to shoot down a civilian aircraft. Now, if it was a Mig fighter jet coming, that thing would be fired at as soon as it was in range, but thats different........
 Admiral Odin
09-13-2001, 6:18 PM
I know that plain was going to fast. Just couldn't remember if that was also restricted.
Page: 2 of 2