Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pentagon bombed.....

Page: 1 of 2
 Boba Rhett
09-11-2001, 8:55 AM
....and two Jet's were abducted and flown into the top of the World Trade Center. The is serious and horrible news for all Americans. They are evacuating The White House as we speak and ALL air traffic nation wide has been shutdown. Who did it? What are they planning next? We should all keep the families of the killed workers and the people on the abducted planes in our thoughts. I have a feeling this is the begining of something much much worse.
 Clefo
09-11-2001, 9:29 AM
Yeah, the world is turning into a Tom Clancy book.

But thats just awful.. Loss of life and stuff. But its a good thing that they closed the airports.. Wouldn't want another tragedy to happen again..
 Hannibal
09-11-2001, 9:34 AM
The Pentagon was also a jet. I was headed to work (you can see the pentagon from the top floor of my building, along with the Capitol, White House and WAshington Monument) when I put on my walkman and heard so I went back in the house and turned on CNN. They just said that both towers have callapsed now. I can't believe it.
So far everyone in my family is safe. Thank God!
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 9:35 AM
I'm glad to here all your family and friends are ok :)
I hope they get these ******!!:mad:
 Boba Rhett
09-11-2001, 9:57 AM
Updates:

Both Towers have now collapsed. Persumed to have killed most everyone still in the building. I think each tower holds something like 50,000 people.

Both planes that were flown into the towers were passenger planes. One contained 60 people, the other, 90.

One more plane is unaccounted for.

The center of the pentagon is collapsing.

Another plane apparently tried to be hijacked but crashed at the airport.

They now have all major cities under military gaurd and jet fighters are over new york and Washington D.C.

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

This is the beginning of the end, people.
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 10:16 AM
This is indeed a very sad day :(
I hope that last plane isn't hyjacked, its going to be shot down by fighters if it is :(
 Young David
09-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Clefo
Yeah, the world is turning into a Tom Clancy book.

It's funny that you say that ... cause when I heard that I tought immediatly of Tom Clancy's Debt of Honour, but more massive.

I just can't believe I saw the first tower collapse LIVE ...

I don't know i we have members from NY or Washington on this forum. But if you are, please check in ... We need to know if you're alright.
 crazy_dog
09-11-2001, 11:02 AM
The Taliban did it. Although I won't mind the Pentagon blowing up, the World Trade Center. Why would they do this? I don't know what this all has to do with Islam (taliban are muslim exteremists). I hope they have anti-terrorist commandoes around they place. The UK might be next...
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 11:21 AM
Crazy_Dog you might not like the pentegon but any loss of life is tragic :(
Has anyone heard anything about the unaccounted airplane?
 Bifficvs
09-11-2001, 12:36 PM
2 things: What's this about the pentagon collapsing in the center???? Last I heard it's just a couple outer walls falling down, and what's this about another unaccounted plane? This is in addition to the 2 NY, Pentagon, and Phil ones?
 crazy_dog
09-11-2001, 12:40 PM
I hear NATO HQ is bieng evacuated.
 Boba Rhett
09-11-2001, 12:41 PM
Lol, I said that wrong so it sounds stupid. I meant that were the plane hit, it's collapsing .

There are two planes that noone has any clue were they are.
 Boba Rhett
09-11-2001, 12:43 PM
Canada has shut down all their air traffic now too and both borders had been closed.

My mall as well as all the government offices around me have been closed as well.
 Bifficvs
09-11-2001, 12:44 PM
from CNN:

A Delta flight makes emergency landing in Cleveland and all passengers are safely evacuated. Federal officials search the plane for a possible bomb

could that be one of the unaccounted for planes?
 crazy_dog
09-11-2001, 1:30 PM
Apart from them, there are 2 MORE stolen/hijacked planes.

President Vladimir Putin of Russia (my native country :D ) and Prime Minister Tony Blair of the UK (the country in which I live now) said they are sorry for the US and are going to back the fight for terrorism. Russia is already in a way, as a sub-station blew up a year ago, as did a communications tower (my dad's friend is the Russian Minister of Telecommunication).

Anyway, I hope all of you that live in America don't get bombed, and I am sure the military/ secret service/ police will find the culprits.
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 1:30 PM
I can't belive that some terrorists could do such a thing.I've heard but I don't know if it is true that in Palestina the people are celebrating.What kind of people are they?
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
The Taliban did it. Although I won't mind the Pentagon blowing up, the World Trade Center. Why would they do this? I don't know what this all has to do with Islam (taliban are muslim exteremists). I hope they have anti-terrorist commandoes around they place. The UK might be next...

are you crazy? do you have some problem going on? don't mind the pentagon being blasted? what the hell pal? people died in the pentagon. i know someone who works in the area of the WTC's so don't even give me that bullcrap you speak so highly off!
 crazy_dog
09-11-2001, 1:34 PM
Hmmm, maybe it's because the they don't l;ike the USA because of Israel and stuff.

EDIT: Sorry, JayVIsion :( .
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Updates:

Both Towers have now collapsed. Persumed to have killed most everyone still in the building. I think each tower holds something like 50,000 people.

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

This is the beginning of the end, people.

In december 7, 1941, the U.S. had no choice but to join the escalating battle of WWII. With the history of the U.S., this will more than likely lead to the U.S. initiate a WWIII...although i hope it doesn't reach that far
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 1:53 PM
I am repeatedly seeing Osama Bin Ladin's picture pop up in the news. for those of you who don't know, he leads an organization known as Al Qaeda which is responsible for the actually funding of terrorist activities. apparently, he is in hiding in afghanistan or somewhere in that vicinity. if he is the sole backbone to this attack, i hope they do something about it b/c he just killed thousands of people.....
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 1:57 PM
I'm sure the US goverment will capture the responsible who killed thousands of people in maximum two months.
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 2:07 PM
Well, I'm not very sure if we have any members from the NY area or not, so as far as I know I think I'm the closest to it so far(NYC being a mere 35 miles away from here). Spent the day in school watching the reports, but I missed the whole Talibun thing. Although no one I know personally was involved in all that, numerous people in my school have a relative up there, including one of my friends...anyway, my prayers and sympathy go out to anyone involved in today's tradegy.
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:10 PM
I remember exactly where I was. I was in the cafeteria with a bunch of friends during my spare. When we herd of this, we all swear ww3 is starting.

The most terrefying thing I that Bush said ''we will hunt and punish those responsible''. That sounds like the key words to start a huge war (when the cullprate is found responsible)

I am shoked some people will do this. I morn the people who have suffered both in washinton and new york, but in a way I also fear how, when and where American will retaliate.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 2:11 PM
I watched basically the whole thing live during class, for like 5 more hours straight! Two whole huge buildings are GONE! And most of the people inside DEAD, the number will probably be in the 10000's! I can't believe people would do such a thing!!!!

No doubt about it, Bin Ladin is behind this, did you know that this day is the 5th anniversary of the proposed "peace" between Israel and Palistine tha was set uup by Clinton. Thats why they chose this day, if it wasn't a special day, they would have waited for the president to be in town. It is clearly linked back to Palistine, and therefore, to Bin Ladin. I say we bomb the place, just like we did Lybia in 1993 when they bombed the world trade center! :mad:
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:12 PM
An other wierd thing.

Everybody knows Nostradamus and his prophecies (hope I spelled that correctly). He predicted everything. Most of them came true, except a few. This one is chilling.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers
torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader
will succumb" ... "The third big war will begin when the big
city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:15 PM
Please dont spread prejudism or nothing but rumours. During ww2 American-japs were beatned and sent to consentration camps just because Japan was at war. Do not beat on anybody. Just because one extremist religion/faction is responsible do not insult and desicate people who are not extremist, but of that religion. They are as much human beings you are.
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by TheJackal
Please dont spread prejudism or nothing but rumours. During ww2 American-japs were beatned and sent to consentration camps just because Japan was at war. Do not beat on anybody. Just because one extremist religion/faction is responsible do not insult and desicate people who are not extremist, but of that religion. They are as much human beings you are.
Then you might also want to tell people not to say they don't mind the Pentegon getting hit too!:mad:
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:22 PM
btw, japs is an offensive term so please refer to them as japanese, fyi.

people will naturally be hurt and affected by this, and you can not quell those feelings, i don't care who you are. if you know someone who was working in that area, i hope they are okay b/c i know someone in that area. this is devastating and naturally people are going to be mad, so please be understanding...
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:23 PM
I am AWARE the pentagon and the world trade center HAVE BEEN BOMBED! But where you get me saying NOT to get the culprate in that quote from me is way beyond me!

I said not to attack people who are not realted. If a muslams extremist groupe DID attack (meaning it has not been proven) dont go into the street beating every muslams you see!
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:27 PM

I want to bring back the spotlight to this quote. My brother said that the two towers are sisters not brothers, so ww3 will not start. Nostradamus has been known not to be precise, however he is very damn close. Example: He predicted the man to cause ww2 was a man named Hisler. There is a ONE letter difference between Hitler and Hisler
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:27 PM
if this happened to your country, pal, you'd feel something totally different...of course you don't beat every muslim you see, i know people that are muslim and do i blame them? heck no. this is tough for people who live on american soil, so people are going to say what they feel. is it right? maybe not all the time, but it was what they feel and let them feel that way....
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
if this happened to your country, pal, you'd feel something totally different...of course you don't beat every muslim you see, i know people that are muslim and do i blame them? heck no. this is tough for people who live on american soil, so people are going to say what they feel. is it right? maybe not all the time, but it was what they feel and let them feel that way....

You think I dont give a crap what happened? Obviously you are too over taken by rage. So I wont bother to continue this discussion on this forum
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:30 PM
take your incompetence somewhere else. posting nostradamus when this country is mourning? rite now is not the time to talk about prophecies!!!!
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 2:31 PM

I want to bring back the spotlight to this quote. My brother said that the two towers are sisters not brothers, so ww3 will not start. Nostradamus has been known not to be precise, however he is very damn close. Example: He predicted the man to cause ww2 was a man named Hisler. There is a ONE letter difference between Hitler and Hisler
Ok, enough of your Nostradamus already. We understood it the first time! Sometime Nostradamus is right sometimes he isn't...sounds like a real good foftune teller to me :rolleyes:
This is about real people dying, if you want to talk about Nostradamus and his prediction just make a new thread!
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:32 PM
jackal, do you personally know people who are in that area? i'd really like to know....
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:34 PM
This is my last post about this because I feel you want to start a war allready because I related this incident to a prediction. This terrible incident happened at 10am where I live. It is now 3:40pm. I have a lot of time to reflect about this. I morned. I'm not a senseless bastard. I know people died. I want the people responsible to come foward. I want to help as much as I can. However from my current position there is nothing I can do but just watch from a distance. I live 3 hours away from NewYork. Countless people died. But I dont want more to die. I dont want a war!
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
jackal, do you personally know people who are in that area? i'd really like to know....

YES I DO! My uncle lives in NewYork. I have not herd of him. My parents have been trying to reach him. My friend's dad is the PrimeMinister's bodyguard. He wont see him for months if this continue. My teacher's brother WORKS in the towers. She was crying in front of the class.

Just because I live in an other country does not mean I am immune to this terrorist act.
 crazy_dog
09-11-2001, 2:41 PM
I get your point, Jackal.

Anyway, don't blame the Palistinians too much. There leader seemed very shocked.

Oh by the way, sorry about the Pentagon thing.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 2:43 PM
Who is Nostradamus anyways, i've never heard of him?
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 2:44 PM
Jackal no one is trying to start a war, I'm just tired of you posting your Nostradamus theories on this thread. You seem very cold in your other posts.
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle and your teachers brother :(

Nostradamus is a person that supposedly could see the future
 TheJackal_jk2
09-11-2001, 2:44 PM
A ''famous'' philosopher. He predicted ww2, nukes, walk on the moon (i think), and much more things. However he did predicte a few things that did not happen such as the end of the world by 2000 i think.

Next time Kvan try to think a bit more before blasting me. Sorry if I ''disturbed'' you with my sudden quote from the philosopher. I dont see how this would make me cold. just make me more afraid of what the rest of the world is able.
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:49 PM
everything in this country is being affected. stricter policies, the economy, the fear of living in a dangerous environment, i can't believe this. i never thought i'd live to see something as audacious, yet horrific as this....
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 2:54 PM
nostradamus predicted the San Andreas earthquake in 1989 which devastated my area of the san francisco bay area....
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 2:55 PM
well i'm one of the youngests members on the forum but i don't think that Nostradamus is a philosopher.
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 2:56 PM
A ''famous'' philosopher. He predicted ww2, nukes, walk on the moon (i think), and much more things. However he did predicte a few things that did not happen such as the end of the world by 2000 i think.

Next time Kvan try to think a bit more before blasting me. Sorry if I ''disturbed'' you with my sudden quote from the philosopher. I dont see how this would make me cold. just make me more afraid of what the rest of the world is able.
You seemed cold in your "other posts" like I said, not in the Nostradamus posts.
And I'm not blasting you.. Please stop saying I said or felt things when I did not. I also never said your posts "distubed" me
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 2:56 PM
WEll, anyone can predict peopl walking on the moon, or the nuke, those things were obviously gonna appear.

Anyways, i'm oof to kick so terrorist but in RA2 :mad: ;)
 Warlord
09-11-2001, 2:58 PM
My thoughts are towards those in pain from the bombing, but I think it was those palistines, because what city celebrates and dances with deaths equal more than 10000, like its a dead give away. This is unbelievable, and I am only an hour from the incident. Bin Ladin is probably dancing around, after that pathetic speak of how it was not his fault. This is a sad day, but the day of revenge will come and those of fault will never laugh again, when the states find them, and punish them.
 JEDI_MASTA
09-11-2001, 3:01 PM
sorry cracker i think your wrong:D

the thing we need to understand is that these ppl have no problem walking in to a building with a bomb strapped to them and pressing the little red button the only way somebody could have dont this is if they had no value of human life

i just feel sorry for those ppl who died and lost familie members
keep them in your thought and prayers plz!
 Kvan
09-11-2001, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Warlord
My thoughts are towards those in pain from the bombing, but I think it was those palistines, because what city celebrates and dances with deaths equal more than 10000, like its a dead give away. This is unbelievable, and I am only an hour from the incident. Bin Ladin is probably dancing around, after that pathetic speak of how it was not his fault. This is a sad day, but the day of revenge will come and those of fault will never laugh again, when the states find them, and punish them.
Yes, why would people do that? Dance around and laugh when people die? I certainly don't laugh and dance when we killed people in the Gulf war :( The people that were doing that are sick, sick people!
 Crackercho
09-11-2001, 3:11 PM
I don't know the truth but that thing with the palestine people I've heard it on one of the radios in my country
Page: 1 of 2