Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OLD - WIP: Masters of the Force

Page: 2 of 3
 UniKorn
08-22-2002, 5:27 PM
It might be a good idea to look out and write mails to professional website creators. Some of the are indeed willing to help you. You'd be amazed to see how many of them love to contribute in a game or a mod. After all, if they can build a website, they can also build your user interface.
 razorace
08-22-2002, 6:09 PM
buckman: I'm normally on ICQ a lot and some of the team hangs out occationally at the gamesnet.net #jediknight channel. I'll email you about the maps. One suggestion, remove your email from your posting. Spammers use programs to scan for email address on forums such as this.
 razorace
08-22-2002, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by UniKorn
It might be a good idea to look out and write mails to professional website creators. Some of the are indeed willing to help you. You'd be amazed to see how many of them love to contribute in a game or a mod. After all, if they can build a website, they can also build your user interface.

Professionals? I'm not willing to pay for a website, but if they'd do it for free I'd go for it. You have any suggestions of who to ask?
 Dragonlancer
08-23-2002, 11:42 PM
hey razorace, I gotta admit. this is perhaps the best idea for a jk2 mod I've ever heard. don't give up on it. no matter what people say, don't give up on it. it'll be awsome.
 razorace
08-24-2002, 1:07 AM
Thxs. What part of the Mod do you find most appealing?
 razorace
08-27-2002, 12:28 AM
08-28-2002, 11:56 PM
The Design Doc is nearing completion. I've gotten most of it hammered down except for the gun systems. Expect programming to begin in earnest soon.
 razorace
09-01-2002, 5:39 PM
ASk and I are working on a previously hidden feature of the JK2 Code. We'll release our information on it once we confirm the syntax and such.
 keo718
09-01-2002, 5:48 PM
What is the projected length of the coding process? I wish I could help but I cannot currently code or map. I have alot of ideas myself. Few of them are expressed in your mod in different forms. Telekinetics for example. Im really excited about that feature.
 razorace
09-01-2002, 8:00 PM
To total completion or to first release? I'm not going to estimate to completion as my estimate would be wrong. :) However, if we can secure the services of a mapper, we should be able to release our information on the hidden feature in about a week or so.

As for your ideas, if you want to share them, ether post them here or PM them to me. :)

Razor Ace
 keo718
09-01-2002, 8:47 PM
However, if we can secure the services of a mapper, we should be able to release our information on the hidden feature in about a week or so.

Are you saying that the first release would be in about a week? Why don't you post this request in the mapping forum?
 keo718
09-01-2002, 8:53 PM
Well, this was my force throw concept(would work like force grip)....

Level 1: Can move small objects,(rocks, droids, small
boxes etc.) for attack one at a time.
Must be stationary for 4 seconds.

--Every item within your arc or circle is affected.
Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull) on this level is
large enough for only one small object--

Level 2: Can move medium/small objects for attack
three at a time and press distanced switches
Must be stationary for 2 seconds.

--Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull)on this level
is large enough for three medium/small objects--

Level 3: Can move large/medium/small objects for
attack. Medium/small objects 5 at a time. Large
Objects 1 at a time.
Can press distanced switches. Can move aircraft around
the size of Xwings. That is not for attack, and it
would require a stationary 2 seconds of focus.(on
MP/SP maps this would make nice for hidden areas. Or
for SP, could be imperative to advancement in that
level.)

Movement of medium/small objects is instantaneous

--Your arc/cursor(like force push/pull) on this level
is large enough for 5 medium/small objects and 1 large
object.--

Level 4: Can collapse structures. All the aforementioned abilities are done instantly, no focus required. 5% increase in throw speed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 keo718
09-01-2002, 8:56 PM
This is another thought I had. It actually was for an addition to a jedimod based mod. I think it could bring a bit more balance to the dual/two saber weilding.

-The ability to break a dualbladed saber in half (to one saber-ex: Obi-wan vs Maul)
-The ability to destroy one saber if the opponent is weilding two at once(ex. Anakin vs. Dooku)

In your mod, will you be able to wield dual and two sabers?
 razorace
09-01-2002, 9:55 PM
Nope, not until we can make new animations or someone else does. I believe I've addressed this before...without new animations the saber(s) clip thru the player's body AND don't fight with the correct style. As for your Force Throw idea, it's basically the same as TK except for level 4, which simply isn't practical to program, you'd ether have to create special maps (with scripted structure collapse) or rewrite the whole JK2 engine (which we don't have access to).
 Erliko
09-02-2002, 3:50 PM
What about if someone trows a saber at you and you block it it falls to the ground right? But instead YOU pick the saber up!
Also when someone dies you can pick their saber up (in addition to get 2 sabers)!

Is it possible?
 The Truthful Liar
09-02-2002, 4:19 PM
Razorace are you still in need of hosting and/or a site layout?

If so, www.nrgteam.com) NRG can certainly host your mod and furnish you with a board for posting. If I have time I can also personally work on a nice layout for you.

Cheers ;)
 razorace
09-02-2002, 5:54 PM
Erliko: Read the post above yours..... We'll put in that feature once the problems are figured out. :)

AB_Legion: I've got two webmasters already but I'm not sure my current hosting will be able to handle it. What are the details of your offer? How much space/bandwidth/control would we have and how would this relate to your website?

Speaking of which....what happen to the Jedi of the Old Republic Mod? They seem to have the same goal as us, we could probably merge projects if they're still around. :)
 The Truthful Liar
09-02-2002, 7:35 PM
There's more than enough space for you. Bandwidth is practically unlimited (30GB transfers) and there are unlimited MySQL databases as well as PHP4 support. Trust me, nothing is lacking on my server :cool:

All that is required if you choose to take on NRG's hosting, is you put alittle mention that you're being hosted by us (added with a link).

JotOR is still hosted by NRG, it's going to be one of our main points of concentration to work on this project. You would have to speak with Seth, Rajess MoDuron for more information though.

Do you have MSN or AIM, any of the sort for communication? If so that would be good so we could talk further about hosting.

Cheers ;)
 razorace
09-02-2002, 9:03 PM
Awesome. I'm PM you my contact information. I'm on basically all the messenger services with Trillian.

What's Seth or Rajess MoDuron's contact information? I posted to the JotOR thread but I never got a reply. Depending on Mod focus and control issues, it may be best if the teams worked together. :) No point do the same things slightly different. :)

Razor Ace
 The Truthful Liar
09-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Sounds good, but I think the PM system is down.

How about signing up on the nrg forums and you can tell me there?

*points to sig and runs*

:D :D :D
 razorace
09-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Ok. I'd just post it here but the forum's big enough for spammers to have email scanners on it. :P
 ASk
09-03-2002, 8:49 AM
as for message boards...I do not think we would need yours. I coded one of my own, with quite a bit of features, so it won't be necessary to use yours :)
 The Truthful Liar
09-03-2002, 8:59 AM
Originally posted by ASk
as for message boards...I do not think we would need yours. I coded one of my own, with quite a bit of features, so it won't be necessary to use yours :)

That's why we could have used your expertise in the past. Oh well...

Cheers :cool:
 keo718
09-04-2002, 9:32 PM
Hey Razorace, any chance of releasing a beta of some aspects of your mod? Like, the Telekinetics force power for example?(When its coded of course).
 keo718
09-04-2002, 9:47 PM
By the way I am interested in beta testing if possible.
 razorace
09-05-2002, 1:23 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention the release plan. We'll be doing releases of small implimentations thru out the development cycle. In fact, We'll probably make a official release of the hidden feature ASk discovered in a week or so. As for ACTUAL MotF releases, I imagine we'll probably make our first release in about three weeks.
 razorace
09-05-2002, 1:27 AM
As for beta testing, PM me your email/contact information and we'll get the ball rolling. :)
 SPY_jmr1
09-05-2002, 4:15 AM
PM messed up right now afaik...

still working on weapons...

and do I hear a upcoming saga in the myst?:D
 razorace
09-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Maybe. :D
 Dragonlancer
09-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Hey wassup. sorry I havn't posted in awhile, sounds like it's gonna be awsome. I'm gonna watch this one closely. I'd help but I don't know how to edit :(
 razorace
09-07-2002, 4:38 PM
Well, someone beat us to the punch....Sort of... Slunker release a partial set of specs for the Saga Gametype (the secret project). It's a objective-based team mode. The link to the thread is here. (http://66.250.145.38/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77779) I'm a little upset being accused of keeping something a secret for malicous purposes, but otherwise we're fine. ASk is about to send in a Mod to fix some minor bugs in the system. I'll start on coming up with some ideas to improve Saga for MotF.

Dragonlance: We can always use help on design or beta testing, if you can't code/map/etc.

Razor Ace
 razorace
09-09-2002, 2:15 AM
I've just made a major update to the design doc. It's in .doc format and it's much prettier than the old one. The link is at the beginning of the thread.
 Phr00t
09-09-2002, 3:42 PM
I'd like to join the team. I have minimal programming knowledge, but I've worked with coders before and have an ability to understand and explain code ideas.

I could also give you a competitive viewpoint on the mod. I can see it becoming standard on many ladders, even moreso that ProMod might become. I've played in many competitions and know what people are looking for in a mod. I know why Quake 3 and RTCW have done so well competitively, and can give you ideas on how to increase popularity of the mod.
 razorace
09-09-2002, 4:19 PM
I just sent you an email about it. Please remove your email address from your previous posting.

As for Promod, it seems to me that it's popular in the forums, but not very popular on the servers. :)

Razor Ace
 razorace
09-12-2002, 1:53 AM
bump!
 Dragonlancer
09-15-2002, 12:29 AM
hey razorace, congrats on your 1000 post!!!!!
 razorace
09-15-2002, 2:05 AM
Thanks. :D Speaking of which, why did my message count drop by about 50 posts?

*bump*
 Azymn
09-15-2002, 5:29 AM
Hey razorace, i just read your updated design doc - looks good :)

FYI - i am doing a couple of the things in my mod that you mentioned in your design doc, and i've already coded them up.
So lemme know when you get to that stage and i might be able to save you some time.
 ASk
09-15-2002, 5:40 AM
probably some spammy topic in Swamp that got deleted :)
 razorace
09-15-2002, 2:29 PM
It was probably the 9/11 thread then. I don't remember posted in it 50 times thou. :P
 razorace
09-15-2002, 9:47 PM
I've redone the Open Positions/Roster posting at the beginning of the thread. It's now much more in depth and updated more often. :)
 SPY_jmr1
09-23-2002, 1:13 PM
greetings all, I am here to tell you that for certain pre-existing reasons, I am unable to access the Mirc chat... :( wth...

anyway, I had a idea for a weapon that would be very cool, but I need to know if recoil is going/able to be put in at all?

also, for the repeater alt. fire, (or whatever high damage high arc gun gets in) can it be made to only fire if the player is crouched? this would make sence for ballence reasons, and gun backround(you gonna shoot a big gun thats basicly a portable mortor, standing up?)

thoughts, ideas?

oh yes, BUMP!!!:D
 razorace
09-23-2002, 3:21 PM
Define "recoil". :) You talking recoil as in aim recoil or gun kick back?

As for the repeater alt fire, I think it depends A) on how powerful the alt fire is, and B) how far the range is.
 SPY_jmr1
09-23-2002, 3:25 PM
sorry, my bad, KICKBACK!
 razorace
09-23-2002, 3:37 PM
hmmmm...probably, blasters cause kickback just like anyother gun....
 veeman
10-05-2002, 1:34 AM
making the game more real is the best of your ideas.

1 thing would be to take out some of these 1 hit kills.

when im playing online as VenoMuS(player name) i can battle with the best or worst for a good while, sometimes up to 5 min. an still have 100 health then 1 luckey hit and i loose,
that dosnt seem fair or fun.

about beta testing, im tottally for it if you still need more people.:fett:
 razorace
10-05-2002, 1:38 AM
All the "special" moves are being retooled or removed. Read the design doc for details.
 razorace
10-05-2002, 1:53 AM
Weekly Team Meetings:

Starting tomorrow, we're going to have weekly team chat meetings on Saturday at 9pm PST. We will be meeting on IRC.

Server: gamesnet.net
Channel: #motf

These are openning meetings, so the "public" is welcome. Feel free to come if you want to give some input on the project or get the lastest news.

Mod Progress:

We're currently heavily in the later design stage. We have a first draft of the design set but a multitude of new ideas has created a minor delay in the programming. We'll start up the programming as so as we figure out the great new ideas we've had.

The website is coming along. We have a layout and are currently filling the site with information. Look to it to be up and running "soon".
 razorace
10-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Only two people showed up for the meeting. Is it at a bad time or is noone actually interested in attending?
 azraeljbs
10-09-2002, 12:30 AM
I think what you guys are doing will be awesome when finished. I'm curious to know how far along is this mod and is there a set target date for completion? I downloaded the tools for editing JK2 but have only expiremented with them. I only get to touch my computer once or twice a week(my fiance is a pain sometimes) so I have little time for doing anything. And I know less than nothing about programming. But as I improve I'd like to drop ideas and submissions to you. I'm sure you would appreciate all the help you can get. Keep up the hard work. How is the job distribution going? Hope you have at least one person in every job. Great idea for a mod I hope it doesn't go the way of Jedi Styles. This post is long enough so I'll shut up now.
Page: 2 of 3