Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finally-Cantina Six Spinoff: Postlude to Holocaust

Page: 2 of 5
 superthrawn
08-26-2002, 12:22 AM
Josine glared at Misae angrily, the venom clearly visible in her eyes.

"Listen Misae, no matter what you think about being a Jedi or honor or protecting the innocent, you have to realize something. We're badly outnumbered, the few friends we have left are likely either right here or about to reveal themselves wherever we're going, and we can use all the help we can get. The galaxy just blew up. This isn't like Alderaan. This isn't like Carida. We can't just shrug this one off, not feeling it because we were never there, never felt emotions for that place. I'm not downplaying what you might have felt after Alderaan or Carida, it's just that we're distant from those places. Our friends, our families, our allies were on those worlds. Right now we need to lay low and figure out exactly what it is we need to do."

Josine was surprised at her sudden emotional outburst after so many minutes of silence. Argh, the stress must be getting to her.
 Redwing
08-26-2002, 4:04 AM
((OOS: superthrawn, neither Misae nor Josine were alive when Alderaan was destroyed))

Raschel: *to Orthos* You really believe Syrnl's changed? That he will help us? Why?

*Misae instinctively draws back from Josine, then lashes back out* I have no friends or family or allies. I had only my master, and now he's dead. I don't know what you went through or why but you have no right to tell me what I should be doing!
 Wraith 8
08-26-2002, 6:38 AM
*Corzip feels anger rize inside the freighter. he feels different emotions from all aboard. he feels that someone on that ship wants Corzip of their trail.. and even better.... Dead...
Corzip sences The Jedi's emotions and replies to her earlier question.*

No i didnt contact you then. this is the first time im contacting you. I thought i was the only Jedi left. i would like to talk to you in person. tell me your stories. your feelings. im a fully trained Jedi. and have several years of Jedi experience. please. can i talk to you.
 Admiral
08-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Heimdall: Not very Jedi like Misea. Raschel we are still being followed by that speeder. Your friends cover may no longer exist in the near future.
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-26-2002, 3:38 PM
*Alys's fighter lands ona small landing platform in a quieter area of Coruscant. one of the more dismal area's, it's bars were filled with more scum than a Hutt bath. She walked into one, and the room went silent. She sat at her table, and the barman brought her a drink. Slowly the bar returned to it's normal din of conversation and music. A lone figure walked up to her*

Alys: Again? this would be the second job in a week? are the imps getting that desperate?

??:No, it's just your a reliable worker.

Alys: because you pay me.

??*stiffled laughter* yes, we do. however, this one should set you for life.

*the unknown figure pulls out a small holoprojector, and it reveals a small part of Coruscant.* This tower houses resugrents against the government. You job...

Alys: destroy it. simple. but how will it set me for life?

??:a Jedi is with them.

Alys: Jedi? me? ha, goodluck, it'll take mor ethan credits to have me do your dirt...

??:50 million credits up front, 50 million upon completing.

Alys: that, and new shield generators for my starfighter. upfront of course.

??:*he mused.* of course. *he tapped some co-ordinates into the pad and handed it to her* go here. our usual will replace it.
*he got up and left. Alys finished her drink, and left and boarded her starfighter. She took off, pulling into a small port station not to far away.*
 BattleDog
08-26-2002, 4:42 PM
*Hal's Fighter streaked into the Atmosphere, the two Ties following him pulled up one left it to late and lost control. The fighter began to glow on re-entry, then Hull plates started peeling back, then the fuel ignited. The Tie exploded.*

*Hal's artifial horrison came on line and he engaged the afterburner. He'd Identified the disturbance now, an old frieghter, headed to an un-reconstructed sector.*

*Hal swooped in low following the terain, he floated his fighter up and down, side to side.*

*Hal suddenly wondered where his sanity had gone, he gritted his teeth and activated the com.*

Hal: Attention unidentifed frieghter, this is Captain Halren Flax of the 28th Corsair New Republic Fighter Squadron, do you require assistance?
 Admiral
08-26-2002, 9:04 PM
Heimdall: Lets see You have yet to lose the speeder, and now we have a fighter following us. Please correct me if I'm wrong but if we are going to a hidden base, then perhaps we shouldn't be followed. Just a little hint.
 Redwing
08-26-2002, 9:05 PM
((OOS: Flax, TIEs are fine in atmosphere - remember ESB?))

*Raschel scans the area again* What in the Force? He is! I thought we'd lost him! What is he, a Jedi or something?

*another fighter entered the area* Attention unidentifed frieghter, this is Captain Halren Flax of the 28th Corsair New Republic Fighter Squadron, do you require assistance?

Raschel: ......

*An invisible figure stood on top of the transport. Smiling.

Raschel continues past the building as if she wasn't heading for it.*
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-26-2002, 9:13 PM
*The port was oddly well maintained. Imperial logo's and propoganda posters were everywhere. it was like a recruiting station.
Except it wasn't.

A tall man walked up to Alys as she started to climb out of her starfighter.*

Alys: Orders from the top. a refit on the shielding. *she handed the tech her data chip. he scaned it, and handed it back*

Tech: it'll be about 10 minutes.

*She hopped out, and 3 driods started to take her old generator out*

Tech: Ya know one more upgrade and you'll have shields strong as a small Interdictor Cruiser.

Alys: When your a gun for hire, you make alot of enemies.

*she smiled smuggly. The droids lowered the nre generator into place and begun to fasten it in. with the finishing touches, the droids buffed her Starfighter, and re touched her old family cres,t a hawk carrying a lightsaber. no one knew it was HER family crest though, because it's the lightsaber that got most peoples attention, but Alys always claimed the ship was never in her family, and she found it in some junk pile on Ord Mantel.

Well, this was the fastest repair station on the planet, she nodded to the tech and climbed in.* "All green" *she smiled. it was also the best. She took off smothly, and headed down to the lower levels. she aimed toward the tower.....*
 Deac
08-27-2002, 11:56 AM
He's changed, Raschel...there is no Darkstar in him...my sister has it...

--------------------------------

*A cowled figure walks into the government centre. Imperial officials stare in his direction, and stormtroopers level there weapons at him*

Trooper: Sir! This is a restricted area!

And why? I am....Lord Darkstar...after all

*Ignites double-ended sabre*
 BattleDog
08-27-2002, 3:43 PM
((OSS: Redwing, thats true, however entering atmosphere at an angle of 10 deg fould fry them, the only reason Hal survived was because of his shields.
 Redwing
08-28-2002, 3:25 AM
((OOS: Only in the X-Wing series, because Mr. Stackpole had little understanding of Star Wars technology (that he hadn't figured out from the games)...but doesn't matter))

Raschel: I still don't trust him. He killed my parents, Orthos...
 Deac
08-28-2002, 6:53 AM
He has a lot to answer for, but Deac vouched for him. And I trust Deac...well, trusted him...he's dead.
 Admiral
08-28-2002, 2:49 PM
Heimdall: So now where are we going? Or do you plan on flying around until we attract more attention?
 superthrawn
08-29-2002, 12:22 AM
Josine looked over to Misae once again.
"I'm sorry that I offended you. I haven't slept in four days. My mind is a little screwy right now. I'm also sad that you don't have any friends. That's quite a tragedy. Perhaps you'd like to talk sometime?"

Josine then answered Heimdall:

"I vote that we follow wherever we can. We have to continue, to press on. We can't just give up."

Many years ago, during the reign of Emperor Palpatine, there had been a man whose skill in hand to hand combat was unmatched, by both Jedi and non-Jedi alike. He'd bested Darth Vader in a fair, sporting fight. Boba Fett had fallen like so many others. It was even rumored that he once destroyed a Rancor with his bare hands. For obvious reasons, the Emperor found him a threat. He couldn't just replace Vader, he was involved in the whole hunt-for-his son. So, he did the next best thing. He put him in stasis, stopping the aging process. The man was horrified that he was just going to be sent away, be put in a closet for safe keeping. In disbelief, just before he launched, he asked when he'd be allowed to return. The Emperor had replied by saying he could come back when the Galaxy blew up. As a practical joke, the Emperor even had the droid's brain in control of the ship wired to monitor HoloNet channels for key phrases that would be sent out to signal his return. Such phrases as "Terrible tragedy," "Massive numbers of stars went supernova," and "Billions of people are missing, presumed dead," were the signals that would wake him from his slumber, returning him to civilization.
His ship, little more than a coffin with a hyperdrive, slowly roused itself, crawling from it's long slumber, and pointed itself for where Coruscant should be.
 Redwing
08-29-2002, 3:00 AM
*Raschel hails the ships entering the area* Heimdall, first we're going to find out what they want with us.

Captain Halren Flax, no we do not require assistance. Why do you ask?
 Kuuki
08-29-2002, 11:42 AM
(OSS: bout time i should take a character or two :p)

*On a distant planet near the middle of where the mass explosion which most of the galaxy has been blown, far into deep space, a single small planet stood in the darkness, using nearly the same type of shielding that the second DeathStar once had, but highly modified on a planetary scale had barely survived the galatic explosion by a mere fraction of shield strength. All but 120 survivors left alive, almost all of then with terminal illnesses due to radation poisioning...

the only one who have seemed to have not recieved the poisioning was only but a young man with unususal characteristics, along with uncanny relexes and a bit of intellect as well.

how the planet survives now is not to dissimular how planet Coruscant's reflactant mirrors shine light from it's star to throught the planet, but these create the light. almost like the planet had been prepared for that event of galactic proportions, all along in a starless night.*
 Admiral
08-29-2002, 12:53 PM
((Scarface be sure to read the discussion thread, and also post a name. There wasn't a single mass explosion, instead multiple explosions. Causing around 80% of the galaxy to be destroyed. A lot of helpful info is in that thread))

Heimdall: Who said anything about giving up. However I don't want to sit around waiting to be blown out of the sky. Being tailed by an X-wing isn't the exact way to remain hidden.
 Kuuki
08-29-2002, 5:01 PM
((@admiral that post i just made was an intro, i havent gotten to a point naming the character would be needed... :D))

*while trying to make a long story short :p*
* On a routine mantence mission on one of the solar emmiters, the young man mentioned eariler, was fixing a faulty circut.
suddently to his surprise a power relay short circuted and the mirror was broken. this was bad news. with out all the mirrors running the planet would certainly die due to the coldness of space and w/o a star.

the young man went back into his short distence fighter (now converted for short suppy and mantanence, and attemped to land on to te planet, then the mirror blew up forcing him to make a crash landing....

when he landed his noticed that most of his (key point) adopted family was deceased, and the planet was soon to me dieing anyway, he gathered his balongings inculding a fourteen inch box with a family crest on top (a Chimera also clentching a lightsaber) and searched through ruins of the dieing world for some sort of a freighter...*
 Redwing
08-29-2002, 8:06 PM
Raschel: I understand that. Will you please shut up and let me pilot? *Raschel sends the message to the X-Wing again*

*Misae stares out the viewport, trying to sort out the confusion in her mind*

<How do I know you are not an impostor? What is your name?>
 Deac
09-01-2002, 2:47 PM
Anything for me to do? Should I try to contact my father?
 Admiral
09-01-2002, 3:24 PM
Heimdall: [sarcasm] Sure why not, the more the merrier. Actually wait until we are safe. Your father isn't who he appears to be.
 Kuuki
09-01-2002, 3:54 PM
*zipping out of lightspace comming in range of a spacestation*

Spacesation traffic controller: "Unidentified Spacecraft identify yourself"

Young Man: "I am Irvine Cracken piloting the freighter: 'The Lasardus' requesting spacedock."

Specsation traffic controller [nerviously]: "Acknowledged Lasardus, p-proceed to dock 8 for spacedock..."

<insert suspenceful music score here>

(( nice plot twist aint it :D
The sons of Cracken and Starkiller surviving the holocaust))
 Wraith 8
09-01-2002, 4:50 PM
<My name is Corzip Dinn. Im a Jedi for 6 years now. i have been in hiding since i heard of the Jedi being killed. before that.... i was a noble man trying to rid the universe of evil>
 Redwing
09-01-2002, 8:23 PM
((OOS: Orthos is not actually Deac's son. He is the son of Deac's brother.

And you'll have to ask Cmdr. Cracken for permission to give your character such a relation to one of his :p))

Raschel: Heimdall is right. Just because Syrnl doesn't have the Darkstar anymore doesn't mean he isn't responsible for his crimes, or even that he's changed. You may have trusted your uncle, but look where his judgement got him. A grave in empty space.

Syrnl isn't like you. You were good, even when that...thing...still possessed you, Orthos...

Misae: <You and me both. But if we are the last...what is the use of us continuing in the path? The Aesir stripped my master from me. Everyone I ever knew is dead. Nothing I can do will change that. What is the point?>
 Kuuki
09-01-2002, 10:24 PM
okay maybe i screwed up on one detail on orthos :P

but even though im sure cracken wouldnt mind (hopefully) ill ask (even after the intro :P
 Admiral
09-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Heimdall: Also we don't know if he your actual relative.
 Wraith 8
09-02-2002, 7:27 AM
< I dont know... the only thing i know is what i feel in my heart. it sais to me that i should go on. go on fighting the evil. to not let the Jedi perish like this. i would like to let the jedi go on again. please help me with this >
 Wraith 8
09-02-2002, 7:27 AM
< I dont know... the only thing i know is what i feel in my heart. it sais to me that i should go on. go on fighting the evil. to not let the Jedi perish like this. i would like to let the jedi go on again. please help me with this >
 Deac
09-02-2002, 9:40 AM
Maybe you're right, Raschel. But perhaps my judgement isn't the only one that is flawed here. Remember when you clubbed me down for no apparent reason? We have to stay rational,here. Trusting Syrnl may be our only chance. The rest of Atredis is gone. So is 80% of the bloody galaxy!

*Orthos storms out.*
 Admiral
09-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Heimdall: Where is he going, it's not like we are on the ground. Perhaps someone should go after him since he appears to be angry.
 Redwing
09-02-2002, 5:59 PM
Raschel: *sigh* I'll talk to him. *she walks out of the cockpit* Orthos...Orthos? I'm sorry. Orthos, are you---Oof!

*the freighter rocks with the impact of something on the hull. Raschel stumbles and grabs onto a seat for support.*
 Admiral
09-02-2002, 6:04 PM
Heimdall: Great now who plans on flying this ship?
 Kuuki
09-02-2002, 9:40 PM
*after refuel and resuppy the young Cracken finally reaches a small planet where he plans on landing outside any major city to reduce attention on himself, where he come across another freighter being attacked by a small fighter obiously tryign to bring down the freighter in one piece*

Irvine: "Unknown Freighter this is the lasardus, do you need assistence"

*then Irvine gets a sudden distinctiveness that he can know somewhat of the current condiction o one of the passingers in the other freighter...*
 Redwing
09-02-2002, 11:21 PM
Misae: I have no idea how to fly this thing! *she glances back at Marin, Aidan, and Josine, receiving blank looks back* Uhhhh...*she hits a button opening the comlink channels* Hello? *she gets knocked out of her seat by another set of blasts. The freighter tilts on its course. Messages appear on the screens and alarms blare*

AUTOPILOT FAILING

STEERING SYSTEMS DAMAGED

Comm: "Unknown Freighter this is the lasardus, do you need assistance"

*Raschel makes it back to the cockpit* What's going on?
 Kuuki
09-03-2002, 10:03 AM
*noticing that the other freighter is stearing most nearly out of control, Irvine trys a interesting technique:

Irvine charges up his weaponry and closes in on the fighter's sheilds, then opens file keeping a barrage of rockets and gattling-gun like lasers on to the enemy's shields hoping to either deactive them or to jar the pilot enough to start attacking him instead of the other freighter which cant take much more damage.

Irvine at least knew that his freighter could at least go into a fire-fight and at least stand a fair amount of chance to come out in one piece...*

Irvine on Comm: "Hold on! im gonna try to dirvert this guy's attention off of ya!"

*Irvien starts his attack...*
 Deac
09-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Does this thing have turrets? No matter?

*Orthos opens a hatch and secures a harness. He grabs a heavy blaster and leaps out of the hatch*
 Admiral
09-03-2002, 3:09 PM
After (the warnings)

Heimdall: Step Aside, let me at the controls before we hit a building.

Misae relinquishes the pilots chair letting Heimdall try and steer the frieghter.

Heimdall looks at the controls quickly famalirazing them. Raschel enters

Heimdall: We are heavily damaged, I need your help flying this thing. I would give you the pilot seat but we don't have the time, so if you would take the copilots seat, we might survive this.
 Kuuki
09-03-2002, 8:10 PM
hmm wheres cracken???
 Redwing
09-03-2002, 8:33 PM
((OOS: The ship attacking isn't necessarily Alys' ship.

On the freighter there isn't any defenses, just good shields))

*Raschel takes the copilot's seat* This thing's been heavily rigged up, careful with the controls. *the freighter shakes again* Have you ever flown one of...Orthos!? *Her eyes widen as she sees Orthos on a harness, flying from the side of the freighter. She grabs a comm unit*

Comm: "Hold on! I'm gonna try to divert this guy's attention off of ya!"

Misae: Who is that?

Raschel: I have no clue! *switches channels* Orthos! What are you doing? You're gonna get killed!
 Kuuki
09-03-2002, 8:53 PM
oh good :)

*after somewhat diverting the attention f the fighter irvine pilots his frighterattempting to weave back and forht between building (barely manageing to not hit the walls)

...Also keeping hie turret guns on automatic, tries to gain as much distence from him and the other freighter...*

Irvine on Comm. Channel: "Alright get yourselfs out of here i leading him a far away from ya as possible"

Irvine tells himself: 'great now how am i going to get rid of this guy...'
 superthrawn
09-04-2002, 12:04 AM
I need sleep... I need sleep... I need sleep. Josine told herself this as she prepared the narcotic needle. Anything to just rest for a while...

Meanwhile... in deep space.

The ship's brain had been programmed to find it's location by stellar charts. Despite the fact that every known major system had been destroyed, the light from these stars still shone. In fact, with a powerful enough telescope, one could still see the inhabitants of the faraway, dead systems. And the droid had a very powerful telescope. (Something the Emperor had put into the ship, to help the highly intelligent droid brain (think IG-88) to pass time when it wasn't reading HoloNet reports.) So there it sat, for who knows how long, just looking at the lives of people who no longer existed.

OOS: Sorry guys, I need to take a little time off. School has just started and I'm coming down with some sort of cold, so I'm short on ideas and ability right now. Hopefully I left everyone knowing that I can and will return, but right now I'm out. Oh, and when I return I'll make sure that my new character returns to civilization for the first time in a while.
 Deac
09-04-2002, 12:39 PM
*Feeling the new power within him, Orthos raises his blaster at the incoming firing ship. He sees it, and also sees an Imperial Propaganda billboard is supported by a thin wire. Orthos fires, causing the billboard to crash on the incoming ship, causing it to break off...for now*
 Kuuki
09-04-2002, 12:46 PM
I already led the fighter away deac
 BattleDog
09-04-2002, 5:55 PM
*Hal had momentarilly blacked out, when he came to there was an ache in his heart*

*His sister was dead*

Hal: *Over Comm* Just a gut feeling, I sensed somthing. Something my father described to me. Is there a Starkiller on your frieghter?*

*Hal sees the other fighter*

Hal: Ok I've got that bandit, say, it looks like a Gunboat.

*Hal throttles back, then drops in behind the fighter.*

Hal: Wire, give me a lock

*The silver Astromech behind the ****pit beeps then emits solid tone.*

*Hal pulls the trigger.*

*The Adv Torp streeks out and slams into the back of the fighter, it's shields absorb most the blast but then the shield overloads.*

*One of the ship engines flares out and the fighter begins to list and lose altitude.*

((OSS: Unexpected downtime, sorry guys))
 Redwing
09-04-2002, 10:27 PM
((oos @ scar: It's got buddies then.))

*Raschel wishes she'd had this stupid derelict armed too when she'd upgraded the shields...but she hadn't thought it would be necessary at the time. Oops*
 Kuuki
09-05-2002, 8:29 AM
*after disposing the foolish fighter, by tricking the damn thing into a building, Irvine guns his frieghter back to the other frieghter.*

Irvine over Comm: "Okay one down, how meny more you guys count? i have a radar malfunction, maybe i hit a building"
 Admiral
09-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Heimdall: I count at least 2.

to self: Why in the worlds doesn't this ship of weapons. How I wish I could be in my own ship
 Deac
09-05-2002, 12:42 PM
*Orthos turns to see the fighter flying below him. He extends his line, and lands on top, above the ****pit. He blasts it open, and pulls the pilot out and hurls him over the side.*

I'm coming back up!

*Orthos activates the winch.*
 BattleDog
09-05-2002, 4:15 PM
Hal: I've got the last one!

*Hal swiches over to guns, then to duel fire. Hal pulls the trigger.*

*The lasers break through the shield and ignite the core.*

*A clean kill.*

Hal: Now, is there a Starkiller on your ship?
Page: 2 of 5