Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Apprentices: Kessel Captives (Game)

Page: 3 of 4
 Tie Guy
08-01-2002, 9:37 PM
((Hmmm...thats different. Taking apart a grenade, taking apart a laser trap, whats the difference? Ok then, what do you use?))

((and what about sensors?))
 DashRendar
08-01-2002, 9:40 PM
You want skills that will let you spot them or by listening carefully hearing them before they can get sprung...hmmm I wonder what skills will help you guys there....
 Tie Guy
08-01-2002, 9:41 PM
((ok, so you hear them, then how do you get by them? I guess once they are found out they just fall apart? :rolleyes: ))
 DashRendar
08-01-2002, 9:50 PM
A KNOWN trap is much easier to evade than an unknown one...man I hate having to quote Rennasaunce(sp?) Philosophers
 Tie Guy
08-01-2002, 9:54 PM
((whatever...))

"Ok, Jec, we need you and one other person to go first to spot traps. Who volunteers?"

((We need two because you can only use one skill at a time, correct? Plus, a little insurance never hurts. I have neither listen nor spot so i can't do it. Who has the next highest in either one?))
 Artoo
08-02-2002, 12:58 AM
((Rhett has spot and listen, and enhance ability. I would do it, but my skill points, well i just won't say anything about them.))
 darthfergie
08-02-2002, 1:24 AM
((Yeah either
Rhett
Listen +6, Spot +6 ,Enhance Ability +9, Enhance Senses +10
or
Wratih 5
Gather Information +12, Search +9, Spot +4
Enhance Senses +13, Farseeing +10, Telepathy +8
Feat=Sharp-eyed))
 Wraith 5
08-02-2002, 1:26 PM
ooc: i will go, thought it looks like rhett would be better with spot and listen, compared to my spot

oh and yes, if the traps are hiden, we would need spot and listen checks to find them, but depending on the trap, we may need disable device to disable the trap so that we can get by them.
 hannibalscipio
08-05-2002, 4:36 PM
Kenji

"Well, my abilities are not perfectly suited for this endeavor; notwithstanding, if by any chance I am selected, I shall strive to the utmost to perform my duty to the best of my ability. In other words, I'll go if y'all want me to."

*I couldn't get ahold of the PC that I'm taking over for one of the players, so I couldn't post till now. Sorry*
 DashRendar
08-06-2002, 8:45 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry had to get that out of my system...ok on with the show.

Devdel and Rhett take the lead through the holographic wall, followed closely by the Twi'lek, then Master Jrulen, and finally the rest of the apprentices bring up the rear.

The walk 10 meters, and try to hear anything...they give the all clear signal and keep walking...5 meters later they stop again.

Stop! Hear that? Rhett hisses between his teeth.

What? Devdel asks.

That humming!

Enhancing his senses Devdel also picks up on the humming. He quickly lowers his sound intake though, for it's quite loud.

Both of them try to find the source of the sound. Devdel and Rhett both spot it at the same time. 4 criss-crossing lasers at about ankle height. No problem for Jedies...if you know what to do.
 Tie Guy
08-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Dyn Westl

I move to the front of the pack and look carefully at the laser traps. I try to see if they can move or are stationary, as well as what type of sensor they use.
 DashRendar
08-06-2002, 10:13 PM
Looking carefully Dyn spots a wire going up from each laser to an anntennae at the top of the building. He also doesn't notice anything that would symbalize that the lasers can move at all.
 Tie Guy
08-06-2002, 10:26 PM
"Alright, if we cut those wires leading to the antennae at the top we should be able to diasrm the traps. And since they shouldn't be able to move, just stay out their line of fire." I motion to the right wall and the wires that run up it.

I pull out my saber and ignite the switch. I move to the closet wire, carefully watching where i put my feet. I slash the first wire, and then move on to the next, still watching my step just in case. Im this fashion i slash the remaining wires. To check if the lasers are truly disabled i sweep the blade across the line of fire of the traps.
 DashRendar
08-07-2002, 9:01 AM
Sparks fly from the wires that are now laying on the ground, shocking Dyn, but other then that nothing happens.
 Tie Guy
08-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Dyn Westl

I move back to my position in the pack behind Devdel, Rhett, Master, and Del'ono.

"Alright, we can go now, just watch you step."
 Wraith 5
08-07-2002, 4:34 PM
Devdel starts foward again, moving very slowly, Enhancing Senses once again, hopeing to hear or see something.
 darthfergie
08-07-2002, 6:46 PM
Jec Sporkwind
*Skips along behind the group all the while listening to a Game through his telepathy with another student back at the Temple;) *
 Redwing
08-07-2002, 6:47 PM
*Rey walks behind the others, looking around behind the group*
 hannibalscipio
08-08-2002, 9:56 AM
Kenji

I summon all of my powers in the search for the deadly wires.
 Artoo
08-08-2002, 8:42 PM
I continue forward with the group. Staying in the middle of it.
 DashRendar
08-09-2002, 8:35 PM
This time Devdel sees it first. A vertical laser field (like the one R2 makes in AotC). Rhett puts his hand through and back through the field quickly. All of the sudden a flame thrower is activated from the walls on the other side of the field. No obvious means of cutting the power this time. It takes a few seconds for the flame throwers to reset themselves before they set themselves back into the wall.

"What now?" asks the nervous Twi'Lek.

***Let's see how good your Greek Mythology is***
 Tie Guy
08-09-2002, 9:42 PM
Dyn Westl

"Alright guys, i think i know how we can get by. If we just throw something in first to start the fire, we can get by while it resets. We just have to be quick. We might want to do it twice, just to be safe. Devdel, Rhett, Del'ono, Master and I will go first, and the rest of you come afterwards."

I take out my saber and ignite the blade. I thrust the blade into the wall and move it in a small circle. I reach out and take the piece of wall i just cut in my hand.

"Ok, first group ready?" I see everyone nod and toss the stone into the field and stand back. I watch the flame cross the small gap in the alley, preparing myself to run through as soon as it dies down.
 hannibalscipio
08-10-2002, 5:13 PM
I, Kenji, rack my brains for a way to get past the deadly trap. "Perhaps we could go for the flamethrowers while they were extended?"
 darthfergie
08-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Jec Sporkwind
"I'm with you Dyn. Go for it"
 Artoo
08-12-2002, 10:17 PM
ooc: IDEA THIEF! Oh well, like it matters. Unoriginal thought is usually the best choice between it and original thought. (Jason and the Argonauts)?

I get ready to run across after the first group goes.
 DashRendar
08-13-2002, 6:03 PM
Dyn touches the laser field, waits for the flames to die down and then runs across, with the first group at his heels.

The flame bursts acrost again and as soon as IT dies down. Chiso and the rest of group 2 run across without getting even a little brown. ;)

Well that was interesting... Says Master Jrulen.

The group keeps walking for another minute when all of a sudden the Jedi Master freezes. --Snap Hiss-- His lightsaber comes on with the rest of the apprentices' sabers not far behind.

All of the sudden the alley is lit up by laser fire coming from seemingly everywhere.
 darthfergie
08-13-2002, 6:19 PM
Jec Sporkwind
"Hebejebe"
*Turns on Lightsaber also defending from blaster fire, while looking for the source of the fire*
 Tie Guy
08-13-2002, 9:41 PM
I ignite my saber and begin trying to deflect bolts. I look for a possible escape route as well as the source of the fire.
 Artoo
08-14-2002, 12:36 AM
I also begin blocking laser fire whilst looking for it's source.
 Redwing
08-14-2002, 2:14 AM
Rey angrily yells an expletive while blocking the fire.
 DashRendar
08-14-2002, 8:54 AM
The first round of shots all miss. In the few seconds of they get of peace Master Jrulen puts his hand on Rey's shoulder to calm him down.

I'm pretty sure they have a blind spot just a little above us. right along that wire. Dyn yells over the din. :-p
 hannibalscipio
08-19-2002, 5:42 PM
"Should we try to storm the spot in a frontal attack, or look around for a different path to catch them off guard?", I whisper to my companions.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2002, 8:08 PM
Dyn Westl

I look closely at the wire, studying it.

"Ok guys, i think that the wire is thick enough that we can hang onto it. But be carefull, that looks like a main power line, thus the reason the lasers won't shoot up there. I'll go first, if i make it across then everyone else come after me. Better just to one at a time, just in case the wire can't hold two. And keep on you guard for the next round of firing until you go."

I clip my lightsaber to my belt and cautiously reach up and grab the wire with both hands. I pull my feet up and lock them around the wire, and then begin moving forward slowly.
 DashRendar
08-20-2002, 8:28 PM
Devdel easily makes it along the wire and out of the range of the lasers

Hey guys! I think I'm at the end of the alley here. Devdel says excitedly.

They rest of the group, eager to get out of the alley quickly get across the wire and to the end of the alley. No one is hurt, except for the Twi'lek who loses his grip while climbing and swings down by his legs. He is soon hit in the back by one of the lasers, and quickly drops off the line, dead.

The rest of the group cautiously moving out of the alley while keeping an eye out for hostiles. The whole group's soon out in the open and ready for anything that's thrown at them. And soon something IS thrown at them.

A laborer throws a box of just mined spices, taking the group as other laborers, because of their dusty and ragged robes, and rough looks all around. The whole group exchanges nervous looks.

Can't kill him...want to keep secret as long as possible...

Well...? The laborer says impatiently.
 Redwing
08-20-2002, 8:57 PM
*Rey looks around. There's no one else on the street. The box landed in front of him, and the others seemed reluctant to touch it. Rey stoops and opens it, taking out a packet of spice.*

"I'm sorry, sir, but we can't accept your kind gift..." *Rey walks over to the laborer, holding the spice package out as if to return it. Then Rey smashes the spice into the laborer's chin, knocking him unconscious. Rey dumps the box next to the prone figure's head, leaving several spice packages loose.*

*to Master Jrulen* "Master? Can you erase his memory of meeting us?"
 DashRendar
08-20-2002, 9:32 PM
Master Jrulen looks slightly puzzled for a second. And then he gets it.

Of course. Master Jrulen waves his hand as he says Well let's get going before more people get here.

The Jedi quickly all walk away and come to the end of the street where they must decide to go left or right.

Not much is going on to the left but it also doesn't seem to be the way that one would make to get to the HQ of a fairly prosperous (hey slave labor ain't exactly expensive) mine. To the right you see a few Guards and laborers alike walking around, but not TOO many. To the right you also spot a few empty boxes.

***There, happy Wraith? I didn't give away the hint this time!***
 Tie Guy
08-20-2002, 9:49 PM
((hey, my name is Dyn! Wraith is Devdel.))

I pull out my datapad and punch up the map. After searching for a second i locate our present location.

"Going right does lead to the headquarters most directly. Going left doesn't take us anywhere usefull. Do you think we could distract them and sneek by?"

I then examine the boxes to the right to determine there size and probable usage.
 DashRendar
08-20-2002, 9:52 PM
***You'll have to figure out their 'probable use' on your own, TG***:p
 Tie Guy
08-20-2002, 9:59 PM
((Well then tell we there size. You always leave out the information neccessary to make the decision, instead relying on hints (and my own problem solving skills :D) to get past the obstacle. Oh, and answer my other questions, Master.))
 darthfergie
08-20-2002, 10:08 PM
Jec Sporkwind
"How about 2-3 of us running out noisily and running off the left passage way to distract the guards...and they go running down that way...the rest of us come ing from behind...knock them out from behind..."
 DashRendar
08-21-2002, 10:01 AM
***That MIGHT work, but there's a much easier way.***

The boxes are the same size as the ones the laborer was carrying.
 Wraith 5
08-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Devdel examines the boxes has well....

he then looks at the map...

OK the main building is right next to (and shares a wall with) the refinery.

These boxes look just like the one that the miner in the ally though at us...

and remeber we have been mistaken for miners once today...

i say we take these boxes and walk right into the refinery and see if there are any doors in that wall. Hopfully ungaurded walls...

Devdel grabs a box and closes it, them starts carrying it the same way as the miners...
 DashRendar
08-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Devdel easily blends in, but is stopped by a guard, who seems to like picking on miners, looking at all of the miners with bruises all over them. All of the sudden, a guy holding a pet monkey and being chased by a boulder shouts: Go Wraith Go! The Guard, caught off guard for a second, pauses, and Devdel uses that pause to get away. He soon arives at the refinery door and gets in line with the rest of the 'laborers'. Devdel reaches for his comlink, hidden behind a flap in his cloak and taps to send button twice giving the all-clear signal.

Given a few seconds to reflect on the passage Devdel realizes he remembers the guy that saved his skin somewhere else...
 Tie Guy
08-21-2002, 3:33 PM
Dyn Westl

"Ok, thats the all-clear signal, let's go." I pick a box and start for the line of miners.
 DashRendar
08-21-2002, 4:22 PM
The whole group passes with ease, except for a bruised arm that Jec got from the Gammorean.

Three minutes later the group has finally got into the building, got rid of the boxes, and found a little nook they could all fit in to discuss what's next.
 Tie Guy
08-21-2002, 5:06 PM
Dyn Westl

I pull out my datapad and bring up the map. I begin tracing a route to the headquarters.

"Ok guys, the headquarters should be on the other side of the main building we're in right now. Remember, we are on a strict time limit for this mission, so i don't know how long we will be able to sneak around, taking a roundabout route. At some point we need to just take back the senators and leave the rest for the clones. Remember, we can't be here when they arrive, and we still have to take out the sensor array before they get here. That includes our escape."
 Wraith 5
08-21-2002, 5:27 PM
We should see if we can find any doors or walk ways in the wall, it would be far less conspious then if we made our own door, thought if it comes to that we may have to.
 hannibalscipio
08-22-2002, 10:42 AM
I begin looking around for some passageway to the other side of the main building. *look look look*
 DashRendar
08-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Kenji sees a door and after holding his ear up to it he here's a conversation going on on the other side...not the best entrance...but after a little more looking he notices another door quite near your alchove then looks as if it was *attempted* to be sealed. Of course that's no problem for a Jedi...and Kenji also doesn't hear anyone on the other side.

This place looks to be the right one... Kenji whispers into his commlink.
 Wraith 5
08-22-2002, 12:20 PM
*into comlink*
is it locked?

if it is how hard will it be to get it open? We don't want to atrace attention...
Page: 3 of 4