Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm having difficulty posting :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrawn
09-05-2001, 6:18 PM
I and some others have been having difficulty posting. If I try to post, sometimes it works, but other times it doesn't. I click "Submit" and wait. The little blue bar at the bottom goes really slow, and when it gets about 3/4 of the way an error message comes up saying "The server returned an invalid or unrecognizable response." What should I do? :confused:
 Tie Guy
09-05-2001, 7:03 PM
I've had the same problem. Just try submitting it again until it works, but make sure that you check afterwards to make sure you didn't double-post. If you did, just delete them. There really isn't much you can doo, but remember "patience is a virtue" ;)
 ChrisC3po
09-05-2001, 7:22 PM
I haven't noticed the problem, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the server or database...
 Gamma732
09-07-2001, 4:48 PM
Well, I couldnt do ANYTHING last night, threads wouldnt even update. I have no clue what that is but.........just so ya know.
 Gamma732
09-07-2001, 6:13 PM
The threads won't update for me again. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can fix this?

EDIT: Sorry about the double post......I forgot I was the last one to post
 Thrawn
09-08-2001, 12:00 PM
I know how you feel Gamma. It's like everyone with alot of posts is having problems. I can't post half the time. :(
 Kvan
09-08-2001, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I'm having trouble posting a lot more now. It's getting quite annoying! :(
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
Yeah, I'm having trouble posting a lot more now. It's getting quite annoying! :(

SOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!
I've rebooted and rebooted and loged on and off, but it still slows down:(

Right now it is working fine though:D
 Gamma732
09-08-2001, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

SOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!
I've rebooted and rebooted and loged on and off, but it still slows down:(

Right now it is working fine though:D

Exact same thing here. Its really getting bothersome. Hey.....you guys don't think this is some kind of sinister plot to cut down on spam do you?? ;) I'm j/k, of course heheh
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732

Exact same thing here. Its really getting bothersome. Hey.....you guys don't think this is some kind of sinister p cut down on spam do you?? ;) I'm j/k, of course heheh

No your not joking...IT HAS TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!
...wait no...Rommel can still post soooo
 Gamma732
09-08-2001, 7:28 PM

Ouch.....that was harsh :D

Hey....its actually posting fast!!!
 darthfergie
09-08-2001, 8:44 PM
NOT NOW!!!!!!!!!:(

I just rebooted again too...
 Darth_Rommel
09-09-2001, 1:06 PM

:ball: The foul disease of the slow/no post has touched me too :ball:
 ChrisC3po
09-09-2001, 5:21 PM
I think I may have figured out what the problem is. Our PHP timeout rate is too low. Our server guys can't seem to give me access to the file I need to edit, to fully correct the problem. So as a temp correct I'm disabling e-mail notification (which was the primary problem). Hopefully things will go faster now.
 darthfergie
09-09-2001, 7:58 PM
THANK YOU CHRIS!!!!!!!:D
 Gamma732
09-09-2001, 10:11 PM
Well, the boards are letting me post again, and faster then I can ever remember. Thanks a lot Chris!
Page: 1 of 1