Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PLEASE RESPOND

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Kenobi
05-17-2000, 10:21 PM
Hi, as you may know, I've been frequenting this board since the JPB forum first appeared and have helped out and contributed to almost every forum.
Now, my question is: How is one chosen to become a moderator. I do not assume to fight my way into the position, I only inquire as to how you base your decision. I am quite interested in moderating and if you look over my history here you will see that I have caused no problems and in fact helped to solve many. Again, I am not demanding anything, I simply wish to know more about the selection process.
I feel that I would be a capable moderator for I frequent this board daily. Thank you for your time and consideration.

May the Force be With You....

------------------
http://homestead.deja.com/user.sithina/files/obi_anakin.jpg)
Wise, Honorable Jedi
 Kurgan
05-17-2000, 10:32 PM
Well generally the decision to pick a moderator is made by those in charge of the boards, namely Aristotle, Jeff, or myself.

We pick moderators when we see the need for there to be some. That is, as the need arises.

We tend to pick people we feel are competent, reliable, and trustworthy with the position. We tend to look for people who post alot, and/or have been with the site for a long time and know how it operates. This is how I was chosen, back in the day.

That's pretty much it, really.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 17, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1