Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

COnsole of the Next Generation

Page: 1 of 1
 darthfergie
08-31-2001, 10:09 PM
There has been a lot of debating about the consoloe that you will buy this Year...Vote now!!!:vadar: :saberr:
 Compa_Mighty
08-31-2001, 10:16 PM
I willl not buy one... but PC is still the best... though I might play gamecube a bit, cause my brother will buy it.
 Tie Guy
08-31-2001, 10:43 PM
Fergie, by definition a PC cannot be a console, it is totally seperate and different.

Anyways, the ps2 rocks, final fantasy rocks, sony rock, and they will always have the premier console with the best developers making the best games. Case closed.
 Link Antilles
09-01-2001, 3:27 AM
GAMECUBE will lead the way!:cool:
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Link Antilles
GAMECUBE will lead the way!:cool:

yeah....into the gargbage can.

ps2 lead the way for the gamecube if anything, but the ps2 will still be better by virtue of better games.

Ok, let's not start a another debate or we'll have to hear about lucasconsoles.com from sherack again. ;)
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

yeah....into the gargbage can.

ps2 lead the way for the gamecube if anything, but the ps2 will still be better by virtue of better games.

Ok, let's not start a another debate or we'll have to hear about lucasconsoles.com from sherack again. ;)
:D
Yeah, I'm probably going to say Ps2!
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 12:34 PM
I'm Impressed. The PC is kicking arse over here!!!!:eek:
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
I'm Impressed. The PC is kicking arse over here!!!!:eek:
Yeah the PC is cool too. I would have voted for it.....if I had a good computer :(
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 1:13 PM
but the PC can't be the next generation of CONSOLES because a pc can't be a console by definition. That is where X-box will fail i think, its too much like a pc, so anyone with brains would just as soon have a pc with a controller.

However, i really want a new computer so i can run JKII, but it isn't a console at all, much less the next generation of them.
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 1:39 PM
The PC option is for people who would rather get a new PC than a new console:D

(not me I've got a state of the Art comp.:D )
 Thrawn
09-01-2001, 1:46 PM
It think PS2 and GC will dominate over the pitiful X-Box. Personally i like the GC, but I think they are both great consoles. Let's not fight over which is better. ;) Does it really make a difference? Just buy the one YOU want. :D
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 1:48 PM
X-Box is GREAT...it is just that they don't have a fanbase that the others do. X-Box is the best console in every way exept no fanbase and the game quality is in question. (Shreck the Game???)
 Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 2:40 PM
PC! PC! PC! PC! PC! PC!
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 7:33 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
X-Box is GREAT...it is just that they don't have a fanbase that the others do. X-Box is the best console in every way exept no fanbase and the game quality is in question. (Shreck the Game???)

X-box looks GREAT on paper, but we all know that the thing is practically rigged to explode. And, it will no doubt have the microsoft touch.....bugs. I wouldn't be suprised if we even saw the "blue screen of death!" *dun-dun-dun*

Whatever, lets not argue.......again. I guess i'm not really helping alot, but what the heck, it had to be said. :D
 Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 9:36 PM
Why buy consoles when you have PC(s)? Most games are ported, and comps can do other stuff other than run games... :confused:
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 9:44 PM
Some people like the simplicity of Consoles. You just get a game and start it up. Computers though you have soooo many options to tweek and the games are never uniform to fit ONE devce. That is a great advantage of the Consoles. They don't have to worry about what type of hardware people have out there. They know exactly what every one has unless they make an upgrade for a video processor or something. If they do then they will urge gamers to go out and buy it or they won't get the "cool new look"(N64) That is why Madden 2002 will look better on PS2 then on the Comps.
 Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 9:46 PM
And (contradicting myself ;)) consoles have alot more games....
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
And (contradicting myself ;)) consoles have alot more games....

Not really.
PC has the widest range of games to play. Well over 1000 games.
Page: 1 of 1