Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Serious AI problem...

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMuffin
06-02-2002, 3:49 PM
When I play against the CPU in CC, All the ennemies surrender before I even get to tech lvl 2. Does anyone else realize that?
 J-5
06-02-2002, 10:17 PM
:confused: Never happened to me so far.... do you do anything to cause them to surrender such as rushes?
 Crazy_dog no.3
06-03-2002, 7:18 AM
Try playing on higher difficulty.
 DarthMuffin
06-03-2002, 7:07 PM
do you do anything to cause them to surrender such as rushes?

No, by the time they surrender (if they are 6, they all surrender at the same time) I only have a couple of troopers, but a lot of workers...
 Kryllith
06-04-2002, 12:58 PM
I'd also suggest increasing difficult. I know a number of people have started games against multiple computer opponents have had large amounts of them retire right at the get go. I think some of the settings might have something to do with this as well (might be more likely to retire straight off in a "Protect the Hero" style match, etc).

Kryllith
 safire
06-04-2002, 5:21 PM
Also, try to set teams. Make yourself Team1, maybe one AI also on that team (trading purposes), 2 on Team 2 and 2 on Team 3. Or some variation of this. Almost always, I play with teams set and never had an opponent surrender early.
 Crazy_dog no.3
06-04-2002, 7:09 PM
30 mns into the game my allies transfer thier resources to me and then quit (Skirmish)
 safire
06-04-2002, 8:00 PM
Never in any skirmish I have played has the AI given me all his resources and quit.
You know what, you don't need an ally anyways - just take on the galaxy by yourself. It's more gratifying.
Page: 1 of 1