Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

Page: 4 of 5
 nucular_jedi_14
07-03-2002, 6:07 PM
bradfu you totally kicked ass on this skin, man!
 moooa
07-04-2002, 1:41 AM
Bradfu, the skin looks very very nice
But I have a bad question for all
I found on an old cd some picture of ackbar who show me some hind place of him and I see that my model is wrong.
Would u like that I change him (may 1 week i think) or not
Thanx to answer

moooa

sorry bobba I think that I have send u the file. I just wait 1 night to see if I must change the model
 nomad
07-04-2002, 3:43 AM
Moooa,
what is it that is wrong with him from behind? -just curious-

If it bothers you, then you should probably change it :eek: (Sorry Bradfu). Though, you did a really nice job on the skin, hopefully it won't be too hard to re-fit it if moooa does change anything.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 BradFu
07-04-2002, 4:26 AM
Hey, feel free to change him, Mooaaa, it's not a problem. I'm sure I'll be able to refit my skins to it :) While your at it, I've got one request for the change: if you could re-map the hands. that would be great. They're not working well in my skin because they're getting their skins from the Head image.

Here's a cool shot I threw together of Oddev:
http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/jedioddev.jpg)

I REALLY like how the tabards turned out because of the vest-like thing Ackbar is wearing. Compared to my other Jedi, the tabards on this one are 3000% better, simply because they stick out.
 iTeM
07-04-2002, 4:34 AM
GW on that skin, BradFu!
 moooa
07-04-2002, 4:36 AM
Just change one little thing on the head but the texture will not changed
But the torso and torso body must be change and also the hips and leg must be attach because it looks crazy in the game( with a full pants). Just correct the wrist too but based on the same texture
For your skin bradfu I think I just need to give u a new glm file
with the head correct base on the same texture (and the saber bug fixed)For the torso, torso body and leg it wil change nothing for u.
So for the skinner it will change nothing if u preview to put boot on your model. I just give u a new glm file with head and wrist correcting.
For the change the torso will not be close at the side (lower the arm) and the torso body will go down until the toso_hips
so this 2 textures will change
 BradFu
07-04-2002, 4:39 AM
Sounds good to me. Send it to my bradfu@qwest.net e-mail when it's done and I'll rework my skin (if it needs to be) :D

Anybody have any comments on Oddev's voice? Here it is again:
http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/sounds/oddev2.mp3)
 moooa
07-04-2002, 4:43 AM
I'm impressed of your skin bradfu
Finnally I think the new model wiil help you
No prob with the hands I will remap them
And I see a very good pic of ackbar head (front side back) and I can had some details on my textures so if you are interest

moooa
 Lucko Mabri
07-04-2002, 4:47 AM
Hey Bradfu,
1 comment on the voice. it just seems to not be there you now what i mean? like not there as in literally not there! :D

-Lucko Mabri
 BradFu
07-04-2002, 5:00 AM
Heheh, stupid me
http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/sounds/oddev1.mp3)

mooaaa: Very cool. I found some good side and back pictures as well, so I was planning on adding more details to Oddev's head anyway :) Soon as you've got it how you want it, send it on over :D
 Lucko Mabri
07-04-2002, 5:12 AM
Now that is one good taunt! Sounds so fishy!........ I'm nto saying that fish speak or anything..... :D

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-I do seriosuly luv the taunt!
 nomad
07-04-2002, 5:36 AM
I love the skin Bradfu!
Really glad to have a Mon Cal Jedi. And yeah, the sticking out of those flaps does work nicely, much better than JUST painted on :)

I would suggest, for doing the voice, do the same thing you did, but with a bunch of slime in your mouth.

Well don't actually use slime LOL... maybe even ice cubes would work.
sThhe Forthhcsse Issthss hWithh Meehh... *slurp*

Nice job all the way around.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 Lucko Mabri
07-04-2002, 5:39 AM
Great Idea! :D

-Lucko Mabri
 Sounds Risky
07-04-2002, 5:48 AM
If I can make a suggestion specifically for the Jedi Mon Cal. Would it be possibly to change the model to make it look more like he's wearing boots?
 BradFu
07-04-2002, 6:04 AM
I know what you mean. Had to improvise with the lower legs to make it look like boots, but the cuff still looks a touch weird. Mooaaa, if theres any way an alternate surface without a cuff, that would be awesome :) If not, I don't think it's going to be noticable in game, so no big deal :)
 Kranckor
07-04-2002, 7:20 AM
I still haven't recieved a e-mail from you, did you see my last response in this thread?
 TrevHimself
07-04-2002, 3:33 PM
i got the model and started on my skin a few minutes ago. im gonna go for a sith mon cal of some sort. heres a very early screen...
http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin.jpg)
i just started the head and i havent worked on the body at all. just thought id let everyone know im giving it a shot.

also, moooa, if you could send me the updated .glm as well i would greatly appriciate that.

spelling idiocy
 TrevHimself
07-05-2002, 9:46 AM
i made some progress on my skin...heres a screen:
http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin2.jpg)
anyone happen to have any ideas for a name for this guy? i suppose ill try to write a background story, though ive never done anything like that before, he's either gonna be a sith apprentice or a dark jedi. err...yeah.
 Eets
07-05-2002, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by TrevHimself
i made some progress on my skin...heres a screen:
http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin2.jpg)
anyone happen to have any ideas for a name for this guy? i suppose ill try to write a background story, though ive never done anything like that before, he's either gonna be a sith apprentice or a dark jedi. err...yeah.

Bah! Stealing my idea before I even have the model, eh? I see how it is...

*gives Trev a watchful eye*
 Tobrac
07-06-2002, 2:37 AM
Tsk Tsk..page 2 :D
 TrevHimself
07-06-2002, 4:47 AM
i added some texture to him. heres a closer front shot and a back one just because i realized i havent posted one.ackbarskin3.jpg (http://www.verbicide.net/~trevor/jk2skins/ackbarskin3.jpg)
im gonna try to add more highlights on the blacker parts so oyu can see it better. i wanna add more "stuff" on there but im not sure what yet..we'll see....

also, im trying to think of a name for him still, please share some ideas or he's gonna be named John Travolta. the last thing anyone wants to see is washed up actor's names in jk2...
 moooa
07-06-2002, 5:35 PM
Nice model Trevor :D
Ok I have finished to change the mesh and now make the new skin. So the torso, torso_body,hips and belt texture will change.
I will make different glm file. One with pants look right, one with boots and i kept the old glm with just the head and wrist changed but with the same texture. And for my Terpfen model I will make a custom head.
I hope posting pics tonight (in 10hours), explaining you what are the difference between each model
And so can the skinner tell me what glm file they want
Other question : do u want that I release a skinpack with all your skin or do u just want to release your skin alone

moooa
 moooa
07-06-2002, 6:35 PM
I forget to say that I can mix different part of the model
example : terpfen head + boots+ old torso etc
Just tell me what u want

moooa
 Grafox
07-06-2002, 7:41 PM
I'd also like to have a shot at making a skin for this wonderfull model!
 TrevHimself
07-07-2002, 4:26 AM
holy crap i was out of it when i posted this....
i'll be using the boots .glm, but i wouldnt mind having both.
i say, every skin that you like should be in the skinpack.
and i'm glad you like my skin so far.

old post (because it's funny):

i'll be uses using the boots .glm, but i wouldnt mind both.

i say, every you that you like should be in the skinpack.

and i'm glad you like my skin so far.
 Lucko Mabri
07-07-2002, 4:30 AM
Hey Bradfu!
Are you going to go ahead with the ice cubes in your mouth taunt idea? i'd love to hear it lol :D

-Lucko Mabri
 adillon
07-08-2002, 3:38 AM
BradFu and TrevHimself, the skins you've made for an awesome model are breathtaking. great work!

brad, i'm glad you're making a jedi mon cal ... i'm currently working on my dark jedi/sith mon cal. the blue on blue is great! trev, is your skin a sith also? looks like it with all the black clothing and stuff. i dig the fact that your skin doesn't have the spots ... tres nice. variety is the spice of life, you know?

moooa sent me all the files i need to create a skin, but i've been on vacation so now i'm getting into my creation. i have a problem that's really IRRITATING, however, and i'm wondering if somebody can help me. when i use ModView to open the .glm file, i get an error that says "Filesystem call made without initialization." wtf does that mean?! i can't get around it, and i'm about to pull my hair out. i'm sure it's been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but i can't find it. any help would be appreciated.

moooa, since you've made changes to the model and mesh, do you think i'd need to work on the revised one instead of the one i have? if so, can you send it here (adillon@jkroller.com)? thanks! also, are you planning on releasing the model (with skins) as a pack at one time, like the aayla secura model? if so, when would you want the skin i'm working on by (that is, of course, if it meets your standards ... ;) )?

if i can get the ModView thing worked out, you'll be posted on my progress very soon.
 TrevHimself
07-08-2002, 3:58 AM
adillon, mine's a sith as well. im glad you like it so far.

as for your modview problem, it's never happened to me so i can't really help you.
 genthar
07-08-2002, 4:13 AM
Trev, don't worry I love making up name for things. I took a class in advertising at college.

The Darkside has no boundaries, it exists in every plane of existance, on every planet, in every thing. To grant such darkness life, a Sith Lord has emerged from the murky depths of Mon Calamari. His name: DARTH BRINE!!
 moooa
07-08-2002, 4:23 AM
Adillon
On the new model I will change some texture : torso, torso_body, hips and hand. And bradfu suggest me to do a jedi version of my model (with more stuff at the level of the belt and hips). i don't know if I have time to do it, but i will try
however i think u can begin your work with the model u have and just adapt it to the new
For the error u have I have the same
Just put the model in the right directory ("gamepath"\gamedata\base\models\players\modelname")
and it will work fine
For the skin, I think we better much release a skinpack but for the date we will see when u have the model

moooa
 Kururin
07-08-2002, 4:25 AM
Moooa I never got the model.:(
 moooa
07-08-2002, 4:32 AM
I know bobba but I'm working on the new model and I think that u better like the new one.
But if u want I can send u the old model
 Kururin
07-08-2002, 4:36 AM
The old will be okay

Thank you moooa

:) Bobafett10186@aol.com
 Eets
07-08-2002, 5:15 AM
Well, I got a bootleg copy of the model from Trev, and it just so happens I too am making a dark jedi mon cal :P Blue skin, black clothes.
 BradFu
07-08-2002, 8:22 AM
Here's the latest update of Oddev, your friendly neighborhood Mon Cal Jedi Knight

http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/oddev7.jpg)

I've been working on adding details, though I'm fighting myself to not work too hard on it in case the updates Mooaaa is working on aren't properly compatible with what I've done so far :)

Here's Oddev's lightsaber:

http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/oddevsaber.jpg)

I was going for an organic mixed with technology look. I wanted some nice curves, like the Mon Cal Cruisers :)
 Eets
07-08-2002, 8:48 AM
w00t! that saber is beautiful, Brad.
 nomad
07-08-2002, 9:13 AM
Great Job Bradfu!
I like the look of the saber too, definitely the Mon Cal feel.

Keep up the excellent work Mooa, it is much appreciated!

Everyone doing the different skins has shown some nice looking work. Multi-Skin Packs are a great thing.
Thanks!!

-nomad

MTFBWY
 adillon
07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by moooa
For the error u have I have the same
Just put the model in the right directory ("gamepath"\gamedata\base\models\players\modelname")
and it will work fine

ok, i tried that, but it's giving me a new error ...

"R_LoadMDXM: missing animation file models/player/_humanoid/_humanoid for mesh model.glm

HELP ME!
 TrevHimself
07-08-2002, 11:45 AM
adillion you need to extract that humanoid thinkg from the assets0.pk3 file. look at the readme thta came with the editing tools (modview came with the editing tools), it says some stuff in there about extracting a couple things to get modview working.
 Kranckor
07-08-2002, 1:28 PM
I still haven't heard from you moooa :(
 adillon
07-08-2002, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by TrevHimself
adillion you need to extract that humanoid thinkg from the assets0.pk3 file. look at the readme thta came with the editing tools (modview came with the editing tools), it says some stuff in there about extracting a couple things to get modview working.

thanks trev. like i said, i had just gotten back from vacation, but i don't think my brain had. i appreciate the help.

-EDIT-
trev, i extracted all the files i was supposed to, and VOILA, it worked. the problem was that i HAD done that before, but due to some unfortunate computer issues i had a little while ago, i had to uninstall/reinstall various software, and all the jk2 editing stuff went with it. maybe if i would've read all the docs AGAIN, i would've figured it out.

thanks for pointing out the obvious to a poor schmoe like me, trev. :o
 Tobrac
07-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Some great skins in the making here...keep up the good work!!!!!
 Grafox
07-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Still wating for that SDK.
 Eets
07-09-2002, 9:21 AM
*points to avatar*

I love this model. :D
 adillon
07-09-2002, 11:35 AM
for any interested parties (esp. moooa, BradFu, TrevHimself) who would like to see and/or comment on my skin of the mon calamari model, please go here (http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67989).

thanks for your input in advance.
 TrevHimself
07-09-2002, 2:41 PM
hey ets, post a screen of your skin.
 Eets
07-09-2002, 8:29 PM
:D Here's the player icon...
 Kranckor
07-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Will you please send me the files moooa sent you he was supposed to but he never did :( do you use AIM or MSN, it would be easier to get the file that way.
 Grafox
07-09-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Kranckor
Will you please send me the files moooa sent you he was supposed to but he never did :( do you use AIM or MSN, it would be easier to get the file that way.

Dito that for me. grafox@quicknet.nl
 moooa
07-10-2002, 12:06 AM
Sorry krankor and grafox but i think that u prefer have the new glm
the mail has been send 5 min ago
all my apologize

moooa
Page: 4 of 5