Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

where to go for multiplayer?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mamu
05-22-2002, 2:40 AM
dont see much on gsa, so do you play on microsoft zone? and if so where do I get it? I tried following links to microsoft games and stuff, but it only gave me a list of games they are selling for their store

so please help out :)
 KhaleeLah
05-22-2002, 10:57 AM
zone.msn.com

Not a LOT of players, but still some. Still frustrates me that all the RPG and DM players take up RM slots!!

KL
 DarthMaulUK
05-22-2002, 11:07 AM
The MSN ZONE
http://zone.msn.com/battlegrounds/)

You have to be a member, sign up is free and takes 5 minutes. If you have a hotmail account or MSN passport, this will help alot also with logging in.

DMUK
 WolfmanNCSU
05-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Yep, that is where I go to play mplayer with a lot of RTS games. I have only played multi a few times with SWGB. I have not done any CC multi yet. I will be giving it a try sometime. :D
 Treacherous Mercenary
05-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by KhaleeLah
zone.msn.com

Not a LOT of players, but still some. Still frustrates me that all the RPG and DM players take up RM slots!!

KL

Any ideas on getting more players then ;)?
 hannibalscipio
05-22-2002, 12:50 PM
The MSN Gaming Zone is probably your best bet. They have the most players, and its free. GameSpy is good, but there's far less players, and you'll have to find the thread in here that lets you play for free, or find out how to when you sign up, unless you want to pay a fee.
 Booya2020
05-23-2002, 1:49 AM
The zone is your best bet. CC is taking off. Today I saw 120 people in the CC section and even got a game going. I lost but learned how insanely fast the republic can build troops. 100+ troops in a few mins can do a huge amunt of damage. The Key to playing the republic in my opinion is to mass troops since they are the best at it. They also have decent air and amazing jedi.
 polaris_crd
05-24-2002, 1:53 AM
I don't have the expansion (EVEN THOUGH I PREORDED IT A MONTH AGO!!!), but I just started to play on the zone. I lose about every game, but I still have fun. There are some damn good players on the zone. It will humble you in a hurry. But you will learn things about the game that will make you a better player. I'm too defensive when I play. I need to learn how to make effective attacks. I usaully have the most kills, but then again I also lose the most units.
 King Drax I
05-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Yeah, online play is cool cool cool guys.
I still get thrashed all the time but, yes, you are correct, you learn a huge amount from the better players. Sometimes you still come up against the odd dork too which makes it all the more fun! MSN Gaming Zone is the only place I play; many of the forumers here and at SWGB Heaven forum do too.
 Jedi_Chaos
05-24-2002, 2:23 PM
Yep, seems the only place with enough players to find the type of game you are looking for is the Zone....as previously stated its where you will find players from the most active GB forums...

There is your usual mix of personalities there, but you can find alot of great players who are friendly and willing to help people out in developing skills. Everyone wants a more competitive environment so it seems plenty of experts are more than willing to lend a hand to players of all levels.....one thing I really appreciate about the zone, and there is alot of fun to be had....
 J-5
05-25-2002, 2:37 PM
I have Norton Antivirus System on my computer and when I try to play on the zone, I keep getting a connection failure after a few seconds of waiting. I think Norton is to blame. Does anyone know how I can play online?:confused: :confused: :confused:
 ShortThug
05-25-2002, 4:23 PM
Turn off your firewall.
 J-5
05-25-2002, 11:28 PM
I still can't get connected and I'm sure I turned off my firewall! Is there any other reason that I can't play?
 Lex
05-26-2002, 3:59 PM
not only disable, exit!!!!!:atat:
 polaris_crd
05-26-2002, 5:47 PM
I also had this problem. Click on the Norton icon on your desktop and disable auto-protect. Now hit crtl+alt+delete, if you have the same version as me but I "click on Navapw32" and then hit "End Task". Norton causes a lot of errors if it's left running in your background. ESPECIALLY THE FIREWALL!!!
 polaris_crd
05-26-2002, 5:49 PM
Turn off both your virus program and your firewall because they will both mess the game up.
Page: 1 of 1