Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Most powerful Sith Lord

Page: 1 of 1
 virtualoctopus
03-15-2002, 3:53 AM
Vader. He is the chosen one, the one destined to bring balance to the force.
 achannelle1
05-21-2002, 8:26 AM
OK. Who, in your opinion, would be the most powerful Sith Lord?

1. Exar Kun

2. Darth Bane

3. Darth Sidious

4. Darth Maul

5. Darth Vader

6. Darth Tyranis

Want to know what you think.
 Com Raven
05-21-2002, 9:55 AM
hmm, Exar Kun ??

though Sidious must be pretty sttrong too, cloaking himself from the jedi...
 Jesselles
05-22-2002, 6:30 PM
I think Darth Vader as he did not need to hide from the Jedi
 Thrift
05-23-2002, 8:56 AM
Yeah Vader, from what we know he wiped out the Jedi order, and being created by the force and all...
Gotta count for something...
 Carnival
05-23-2002, 10:58 AM
but he had help from sidious and the republic/empire's resources...i think its between sidious and exar kun...
 Com Raven
05-23-2002, 12:07 PM
well, they are all pretty badass mighty...
 Thrift
05-24-2002, 6:18 AM
Nah I still hold Vader really...

From what we know he has the ability to be the most powerful Jedi ever, surely that will work the same on the reverse of the spectrum.

Though I won't argue that Sidious is certainly pretty damn powerful indeed.
As it stands at this moment (ie. from what we've seen), I'll concede Sidious, but I'm fairly convinced that EpIII will leave me doubtless with Vader, which is why I will tend to say him.

Mind you, all that aside, from watching AOTC, Tyrranus has to be ranked pretty damn high on the powerful scale too...

And a bit off topic, but in my opinion Maul is the coolest :)
 mikroba
05-24-2002, 9:01 AM
Hi! Interesting discussion...

I think the most powerful is Vader, he has really amazing capabilities. For instance: he could choke anyone to death from a godd distance and all. :)
But on an indirect path Sidious was the master Sith. He managed to control the Galaxy, manipulate everything. He designed the fall of the Jedi Order (his greatest enemies) actually the Jedi fought his fight for him, and lured their only hope to become a Sith (Anakin).

The others I don't really know, cause I never read the Tales of the Jedi and other comics. If someone could put up what those Sith people done, I would appreciate that.
OK, Bane was in TPM novelisation - was his story expanded by comics?
 Hannibal
05-24-2002, 5:58 PM
Originally posted by Carnival
but he had help from sidious and the republic/empire's resources...i think its between sidious and exar kun...

Are we talking just power or intelligence too?
If we are talking the whole package I'll give it to Sidious. After a millineum of Sith that didn't achieve anything he overthrew the republic and became the emperor. That's gotta count for something. If you think about it Exar Kun didn't even have control of the galaxy, Sidious did.

If we are talking just power I'd give it to Vader. VAder wasn't schooled into toppling governments but he could do the dirty work.
 Thrift
05-26-2002, 5:20 AM
I'll vote for that (at least at the moment).
Well put!
 MdKnightR
09-22-2005, 1:08 AM
Okay, call me the Necromancer of Dead Threads! As far as this discussion is concerned, I tend to think that Vader was the most powerful. He was the one in the prophesy and he was powerful enough to dispatch Sidious even when wounded. I can't say that he was the smartest Sith Lord because of the way he blindly followed Sidious for about 20 years. I think had he been able to see through the lies of Sidious, Vader would have been the supreme Sith Lord shortly after falling to the Dark Side.
 Jesselles
09-22-2005, 7:15 AM
can't argue with that ^_^ man I haven't been on here in years... literally o_O
 montnoir
09-22-2005, 7:33 AM
I think Darth Plagueis should definitely count. He could manipulate the midichlorians to create life and he could also prevent people from dying, in raw power, I think he would definitely take it. Strangling people from a distance is one thing but creating life... that's intense!
 vanir
09-22-2005, 8:35 AM
Marka Ragnos. He was the generally accepted most powerful of the ancient Sith Lords. He single handedly had the power to keep all the other Sith Lords in line, but as soon as he died there was a sudden grab for the title of The Dark Lord, in fighting began and amid it all the Great Hyperspace War.

He was the one all other Sith Lords afterwards sought to discover the ancient secrets of Sith power. The one they all wanted to emulate. He was the most ancient and most powerful of the Sith Lords.

It may be that in developing himself to the position of conquering the galaxy, Emperor Palpatine had become as powerful as Marka Ragnos. But Darth Vader was just a fallen Jedi.
Anakin Skywalker might've once had the potential to have been the greatest Jedi Knight, but he sacrificed this to become the lap dog of a Sith Lord, a mascot, Palpatine's trophy to prove to the rest of the galaxy and especially people like Yoda, that he was the ultimate deadly.

But the most powerful Sith Lord of all was undoubtedly Marka Ragnos. Imagine Palpy in a roomful of 20 or 100 or 10,000 of his own kind. Would he be so powerful then? Marka Ragnos proved his dominance when it counted, amid an entire Sith culture, their armies and battlefleets, and each faction's own Sith Lords.

All I can say with respect to Palpatine is that if that's what one Sith Lord can do, imagine a war fleet full of them. He may be as tough as Ragnos, but I know how tough Ragnos had to have been.

Vader was just a wuss who needed mommy.
 DarthSion101
09-22-2005, 10:28 AM
HMMMMM....I'm gonna have to go with wel um...DARTH SION....He is immortal, and cannot be killed. Sidious is up there, so is Exar Kun, and Marka Ragnos.
 Emperor Devon
09-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Come on! Don't you guys know about the Ancient Sith? Not Exar Kun or Naga Sadow, but the truly ancient ones, the ones who existed over 18,000 years before them. Nihilus is more powerful than any modern Sith Lord (He couldn't use his power on the Exile, which is why he died), and Kreia says that some of the Ancient Sith are more proficient in his technique than he is.
 DarthSion101
09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Ok you wanna talk about ancient....lets talk about the very first Sith Lord, the first dark sider, the man responsible for the rift in the force, and breaking away from the jedi order, and starting the first war between froce users. Xendor, I think was his name, but don't quote me verbatum, because I'm not sure if that is speled right or whatever.
 Prime
09-22-2005, 1:25 PM
Vader was not the most powerful. From ROTS, we know that Vader was not yet as powerful as Palpatine (and Yoda most likely). Lucas has stated that he was destined to be twice as powerful as Palpatine, but due to his injuries he only ended up being about 80% as powerful. Thus Palpatine's desire to replace him with Luke.
 warchild75
09-22-2005, 1:31 PM
Vader. He is the chosen one, the one destined to bring balance to the force.

Check my avatar for the answer!! :lightning
 Astrotoy7
09-22-2005, 1:43 PM
Ive tried my best to rank these in some order !

1. Darth Bane : he gets my number one vote. If it wasnt for him the sith would have become extinct. end of story. Not too much is known about him, but apparently there will be a book about him in the future :)

2. Darth Plagueis : The guy can cheat death, and was the only sith who could..(though this didnt stop him getting killed :p)

3. Darth Sidious : you gotta hand it to palpy to be right under the jedis noses for so very long and them only sensing/realising when it was *far* too late... Not only that but he personally defeats the greatest living jedi, yoda, and manages to be giggling and cackling the entire time... of course, he let Mace beat him ;)

4. Exar Kun : the man needs some anger management classes...

5. Vader : he was teh only one who could kill sidious after all... If he wasnt so disfigured he would have long ago defeated palapatine and become emperor himself...

mtfbwya
 Emperor Devon
09-22-2005, 6:40 PM
Ok you wanna talk about ancient....lets talk about the very first Sith Lord, the first dark sider, the man responsible for the rift in the force, and breaking away from the jedi order, and starting the first war between froce users. Xendor, I think was his name, but don't quote me verbatum, because I'm not sure if that is speled right or whatever.

You spelled it right. Despite being the first to break away from the Jedi, he was not the most powerful. Look at Nihilus. With his power, he can kill entire planets. He did it on Katar, and with enough time, he will murder the entire galaxy. The Ancient Sith were even more proficient in that technique than he was.

Those insignificant little energy beams called lightsabers cannot compare to the power of the Force. :emperor:

Why anyone thinks Vader or Sidious is the most powerful is beyond me. Nihilus or one of the Ancient Sith would devour them in seconds.
 DarthSion101
09-22-2005, 7:00 PM
Emperor Devon I couldn't agree more. Vader is vastly overrated....he couldn't even make lightning. Sidious was pretty cool, I like palpatine and all, but you are right the Ancient Sith would rock either of them. Stick them in a battle with Ragnos, Sion,Nihilus, Traya wielding three sabers, ancient Sith who were never mentioned from unknown space, even Malak would school them. Heck I almost forgot my boy Exar Kun, he would have wrecked them both as well.
 RaV™
09-22-2005, 8:32 PM
Vader was never trained to use force lightning, if you referred to him as someone from the classes of KOTOR, in my opinion he would be a Guardian, because he hardly uses any other weapon of the force other then his crimson lightsaber, but my choice doesn't go for him, because it goes to Palapatine, because of his knowledge and power.
 Hallucination
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Looks like y'all forgot the great Darth Spanikopita aka revan the grand.You know how he was like "Grr Revan smash!" and everyone around was like "grr person die!
 Soogz
09-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Revan, Sidius or Vader (when he had real legs.)
 Darth InSidious
09-23-2005, 4:00 AM
Ragnos/Hord, I think.
Possibly followed by Revan, then Kreia and Sidious are about equal. And their power is not in raw terms of the Force, but rather how, and when they DON'T use the Force, if you see what I mean...
 MdKnightR
09-23-2005, 4:10 AM
Wow! This resurrected thread sure became popular again! Bravo!
 Prime
09-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Vader was never trained to use force lightningHe was unable to use Force Lightning due to his injuries.
 TheGreenGoblin
09-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Nihilus was pretty f'n strong, the only reason he went down is because he was manipulated and tricked into a confrontration with the Exile while in a weakened state.
 DarthJinXxX
11-09-2008, 4:48 PM
Well First off I am the most powerful sith lord. after me is vader...one he was the only able to kill palpatine....two If not for believing padme betrayed him and had he not thought her dead? his transformation to the dark side would have been completed and he would have crushed anyone in his path but this didnt happen and he became weakened in his suit
 Jeff
11-09-2008, 4:52 PM
No I'm the most powerful sith lord, and I will prove it.

Thread closed!
Page: 1 of 1