Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aayla Secura!!!

Page: 3 of 19
 Jaina64
07-04-2002, 4:35 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Mee'sa give up! :p

I surrender. :p :)

Oh well, I don't worry about it at all because Aayla can't love you back and she certainly can't do the things to you that I can ;)
 AgentSmith
07-04-2002, 4:39 AM
Well just ask everyone to testify, I don't love Aayla Secura 'that way'. I think Aayla's the greatest SW character and all. :)
That's the fiction in life. Who my babe would be if she'd be in Star Wars.

But I truly, deeply love my baby that I will marry. :)
That's the fact in life. :)
(And how my irl babe, an SW fan like myself invades the forums. :p)
 Jaina64
07-04-2002, 4:56 AM
Well just ask everyone to testify, I don't love Aayla Secura 'that way'. I think Aayla's the greatest SW character and all. :)
That's the fiction in life. Who my babe would be if she'd be in Star Wars.

But I truly, deeply love my baby that I will marry. :)
That's the fact in life. :)
(And how my irl babe, an SW fan like myself invades the forums. :p)

lol I believe you baby, I was just teasing you on the phone and such :P I love you too :X
 AgentSmith
07-04-2002, 5:00 AM
Mhhh .. wonder if I'd update my location from 'The Star Wars Matrix' to the doghouse? :p

Oh well, I can always reload or reboot the Matrix and you'll all have a nice memory wipe!!! Bwahahahaha! :p j/k ;)
 AgentSmith
07-04-2002, 5:10 AM
I have contemplated a big change in my life ... I will join ASA ...
Aayla Secura Anonymous ... I will kick the habit and get on the wagon! :p :lol:

I'm just goofing! :p :) I'm just a fan, that's all. :)
 AgentSmith
07-04-2002, 5:13 AM
I made a new avvie from Aayla Secura (and Quinlan Vos, you just can't see him because it's only a section of the image) artwork done by Jan Duursema. The pencil version without ink or color. Very nice artwork. :)

Darn! Have I been spamming this thread tonight or what? Sorry about that! :p
 ET Warrior
07-04-2002, 6:32 AM
I will vouch for Agent Smith's Integrity! He has only fantasized about sleeping with Aayla 4 times, compared to my 53 times with Plo Koon....:eek: JOKING!!! ACK!! Whoooeeee........Silly lady, coming onto these forums and scaring poor ET half to death with her talk of eating people and whatnot.....:koon:

And yes you HAVE been spamming this poor thread half to death agent!
 AgentSmith
07-04-2002, 11:57 PM
She's not silly trust me Et Warrior. ;)

She the real one. ;) (If she'd be an SW character, she'd be Aayla, even better than Aayla I know that for sure, so ... enough said. ;) :p)

Et Warrior ... 53 times? :lol: :p
 ET Warrior
07-05-2002, 12:28 AM
of COURSE she's silly. She said she ate you......crazy person!
 AgentSmith
07-05-2002, 12:53 AM
We all get a little crazy now and then don't we? :D (Psycho type look and grin.)

I know she's crazy. About me. :p I am crazy about her. ;) And top that of with all of us just being one big bunch of basket cases. :p :lol:
 AgentSmith
07-05-2002, 2:58 PM
I have received a reply from the Comic Art Warehouse regarding the possibility to request a commission for a single figure artwork of Aayla Secura to Jan Duursema. (Who originally penciled Aayla Secura. E.g. my current avatar is from an art drawing of Aayla by Jan Duursema.)

Here are the questions and answers :

1. Q: Will Ms Jan Duursema do a Single Figure Commission of 'Aayla Secura' if requested?

1. A: Jan Duursema can/will do a commission of Aayla Secura.

2. Q: Will Ms Jan Duursema pencil Aayla Secura in the character's most 'current' version, such as Ms Duursema penciled Aayla Secura in the Dark Horse Star Wars 'Rite of Passage' series?

2. A: She will draw the character in the current version. (Reference may be needed. I will make sure.)

3. Q: What is the average size of the final penciled Single Figure artwork?

3. A: The average size of the commission is 11" x 15" on a 11" x 17" size art board.

4. Q: Do any precautions or special actions, treatments need to be made to preserve the artwork after delivery?

4. A: If you leave the commission in pencil form, you can get a spray coating from a art supply store that protects the art from being smudged. If you have it framed, it is recommended that you use UV glass, and acid free backing. If you have the piece inked, you do not need the spray coating. No matter what, you do not want to display the artwork in direct sunlight.

5. Q: What is the average price or expected price for a Single Figure Commission of Aayla Secura if requested?

5. A: The average price is from $250 to $300. I will have to get a final quote from Jan.

6. Q: Is there any possibility to, next to Ms Jan Duursema's signature on the artwork, have the artwork also autographed by Ms Amy Allen, the actress who portrayed Aayla Secura in Star Wars Episode II : Attack of the Clones?

6. A: As to your final question. Neither Jan nor I have any means of contacting the actress who played that character in the movie.
That does not mean that you might find another way, but if you do, I am sure she would autograph the piece as well.

(Inking would cost about 100$ or more as on their site. Jan Duursema will also do other characters off course.)

I'm going to further contact the Comic Art Warehouse and ask some more questions. I'll keep you all posted. I hope this information is useful to you if you ever thought about something similar. :)
 Jaina64
07-05-2002, 9:12 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
of COURSE she's silly. She said she ate you......crazy person!

Of couse I ate him, what else am I suppse to do with him?..erm...probably tmi for ya ;)
 AgentSmith
07-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Ay caramba!!! :p ;)

What do you Aayla fans (or comic fans) think of the possibility to request a commission for a single figure artwork of Aayla Secura to Jan Duursema?
Would any of you consider it? To order such a one of a kind, unique custom made pencil (or inked) artwork of Aayla Secura? :)
(Or of any other character done by Jan Duursema such as Darth Maul, Aurra Sing, ... .)

It seems very appealing. The price not to steep either for such an item.
 Hannibal
07-06-2002, 12:43 AM
I think all the sain people left this forum and only the crazies remain.

Hey was that a crack at me?

No you're ok.

Damn right!!!

Aayla: Please don't fight.
 AgentSmith
07-06-2002, 12:49 AM
That's true. :D I am crazy. :p

I'm crazy about Star Wars and Aayla Secura. :) But I'm certainly without any doubt even more crazy about Jaina64. :D :p
 leXX
07-06-2002, 5:54 AM
Well Agent Smith, you're gonna love me. I have done an Aayla Wallpaper but it isn't quite finished yet. I still have a few pixels to clean up so consider this the beta version. ;) Any suggestions...let me know.

http://www.planetdexterslab.com/AaylaSecuraWP%20by%20Lexx.jpg)
 ET Warrior
07-06-2002, 8:35 AM
For shame....ripping of the JKII logo like that.....It is very true that all the sane folk left this thread....aside from me of coures....i'm still here....
 AgentSmith
07-06-2002, 3:24 PM
Kick ass wallpaper lexx! :D :)

In one word, just great!!! :)

Suggestions? Well aside from the few pixels you said you still have to clean up, I think it might look more symmetric and balanced if you placed the middle Aayla (from the Jon Foster cover art) slightly higher to cover the JKIIJO logo and slanted her slightly towards the right to make her legs more aligned with the background lightsaber beam. This isn't meant as criticism though, don't get me wrong. :)

Have you maybe thought of taking the background of the JKIIJO wallpaper and totally eliminating the lightsaber beam and logo? I'm just wondering how that would look. :confused:

But in all, just great work! :thumbsup: :D

(Btw, can I ask what Software you used to make that? Just curious.)
 AgentSmith
07-06-2002, 3:28 PM
Nice Trinity avatar lexx. :)

Off course, I will have to kill you because of that. :( I is Agent Smith and all. You know. Sorry. :(

*Takes out his Desert Eagle .50.*

Ah screw it! :p I'm not going to shoot you. :p

Especially not since you're aiming that Berretta 9 mm straight at me. :eek:
 leXX
07-06-2002, 8:32 PM
No please don't shoot! :eek:

I long for the day someone makes a Trinity Mod for JKII so I can stand there all Matrix cool style in my black leather jacket and sunglasses. :D

lol... yeah I thought about enlarging the middle one to cover the logo and I could try cutting out the beam or just covering the logo all together cause I quite like the beam...I'll work on it. ;)

I used Paint Shop Pro Version 6.
 AgentSmith
07-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Cool. :)

You can always ask in the jediknightii.net forums here on lucasforums for a Trinity model/skin? There wouldn't be an Aayla Secura model/skin if someone hadn't asked for it. :)
(The modelers/skinners might make it. :) )
 AgentSmith
07-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Today is sad day... :(

Dark Horse Star Wars #43 'Rite of Passage 2' was supposed to be released on July 3d, 2002. I had called on July 4th (That's not a holiday day here in Belgium.) and the store owner assured me he would have Dark Horse Star Wars #43 'Rite of Passage 2' by the end of the day on July 4th, so I could safely come and buy a copy on July 6th.

I walk into the store this July 6th and ... the freaking biatch doesn't have it!!! Argh!!! :swear: (It's not his fault they didn't deliver it, but hey, I gotta be pissed at someone!)

So I'm pretty dissapointed. :( :swear:

I checked darkhorse.com and they have Star Wars #43 'Rite of Passage 2' confirmed as released on July 3d but when you click it to buy it or go to tfaw.com to buy it, it's still marked as pre-order? :confused:
I guess it must be released but not distributed yet or perhaps it's running late? :eek:

Anyways I want it! And I want it now!!! :swear: They don't want to piss off an Agent! I'm pulling the plug on the entire Matrix here needs be!!! :p

Well. I guess I'll just have to chill out and wait for it. :( Ack, why do I have to wait for everything? I mean I do and I try to be patient but I'd like to have a bit more control over things. I do not like to sit around and be unable to do anything about it.
 AgentSmith
07-07-2002, 4:57 AM
Has anyone heard of Master Replicas yet and visited their website at http://www.masterreplicas.com) yet?

I don't want to advertise do not get me wrong but they have some great replicas. The detailing is just outstanding. Be aware these are not toys but collector's items that run on limited numbers and at $200 or up prices! :eek:
They already sold out the Yoda lightsaber, Luke lightsaber and all! :eek:
But when you look at it those are truly artworks. The Anakin Fx lightsaber looks awesome. :)
I wonder if they will do more replica's in the future like e.g. Mace Windu's lightsaber? :) (Would it have the rumored 'bmf' engraving?! ;) )
 leXX
07-07-2002, 7:09 AM
I reckon that "bmf" is true...it's just the kinda thing Samuel.L.Jackson would do, he's sooooooooooo cool. He was on a show here in England called "The Big Breakfast" and the presenter (Johnny Vaughn) said "You are the coolest man in the world but I bet I can make you look un-cool". Samuel was of course up for the challenge and Johnny made him Morris Dance...lol...my god he even looked cool doing that! It was soooo funny.

Sorry, just had to share that with ya. ;)
 Redwing
07-07-2002, 10:38 AM
lmao I wouldn't be surpised :D

btw I love your last two sig quotes lexx ^_^
 AgentSmith
07-07-2002, 5:03 PM
Yeah Samuel L Jackson gave a new definition to 'Jedi coolness' in Episode II. ;) :)

Lexx's sig inspired me to finally put a Smith sig up. :p Sorry if it seems like a rip-off lexx, no offense meant. :)
I do wonder about 'Matrix Reloaded' and 'Matrix Revolutions' in 2003 but this isn't the correct forum to discuss that. ;)

Though Hugo Weaving is just the bomb as Agent Smith, I wonder what it would have been like if Sam L Jackson had played Agent Smith. The face-off with Morpheus (Laurence Fishburn) would have been epic I think. :D
 leXX
07-07-2002, 11:30 PM
btw I love your last two sig quotes lexx ^_^

Why thank you :D

AgentSmith: Nah, your not ripping anything ;) The more Matrix related stuff the better, even though I know this isn't the place to discuss it :cool: Yeah, Hugo played his part very well indeed! Can't wait till Reloaded comes out, I'm gonna camp my butt right outside the cinema hehe.

btw: I have put in my official Trinity Mod Request! Let us pray.
 AgentSmith
07-08-2002, 12:23 AM
It's so awesome they're going to release both sequels, 'Matrix Reloaded' and 'Matrix Revolutions' in the same year! (2003!) :) :D

Sometimes I wish Ep III would be out sooner, but that'd bring the quality down so. :(
(The Matrix sequesl have been in prodcution for a while now. :p)
 ET Warrior
07-08-2002, 1:33 AM
I do love the Matrix....it ranks #2 on my all time favorite movie list.......it's quite wonderful...:D Even though this isn't the right forum for it............i still want to say that the Lobby Scene is one of the coolest scenes ever created!
 AgentSmith
07-08-2002, 1:57 AM
Yeah it is. :D :) I think they did some really awesome new things, much in the spirit of George Lucas and Star Wars, he always brought new scenes, techniques, types .. :)
 AgentSmith
07-09-2002, 9:34 PM
Check out this Star Wars site with a lot of pictures, wallpapers dedicated to Episode II : http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/) :)

They have some Aayla Secura pictures, no new ones though and I haven't seen any wallpaper made of Aayla. Though I'll make sure to check it out more in detail.
(Thanks to ET Warrior for finding this site!)

If you find any interesting or new Aayla Secura pictures, wallpaper or info feel free to post links to it and share it with us. :)

*Waves his hand.* You will search for new pictures, info and wallpapers and share them with us! :p :D
 Hannibal
07-10-2002, 12:31 AM
I rank 118 in posters and if I post 2 more will move up to 117!!!
 ET Warrior
07-10-2002, 12:42 AM
i rank 354 in posters......................okay, i just made that up....

I cannot be so easily tricked Agent smith.....your Jedi Mind trick will not work on me!
 AgentSmith
07-10-2002, 1:39 AM
Ah darn you Jedi poodoo! :p

*Takes out his Desert Eagle .50.* Will you look for them now and give them to me? :p :D

I have the ultimate means to persuade you! :evil2: *Takes out Plo Koon's mask.* Don't you need this??? Bwahahahaha! :p

j/k man. :) :p

Seriuosly, anyone got any new material on Aayla? :)
 Hannibal
07-10-2002, 3:28 AM

Seriuosly, anyone got any new material on Aayla? :)

She's blue.
She's a she.
She's Amy Allen.
She's(Amy Allen) my wife.
She's going to kill you.
She's tired of all the backbiting and infighting(whatever that means to you).
She's scared of spiders.
She's incredibly put together(whatever that means to you).
She's blue.
 AgentSmith
07-10-2002, 4:07 AM
That doesn't really mix, does it? :p

Amy Allen portrayed Aayla Secura when she worked as a production assistent at ILM on Star Wars Episode II. She and Aayla Secura are 2 different people, one being fictional, the other a real person. :p
True that Amy gave a whole new dimension to Aayla which is what I admire her for, for bringing this whole new side and adding to the personality and character that is Aayla. :)

You say she's your wife? Prove it! We want proof! :D

And when are beautiful women not out to kill me? :p (It's the suit, it really is. ;) )
 AgentSmith
07-10-2002, 6:42 PM
After careful searching and sniffing around on the http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/) site mentioned a few posts ago, (As found by ET Warrior.) I found a picture featuring Aayla Secura that I didn't have yet. :D :)

This is the direct link to it :
http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/episode2_stickeralbum_clonewar1i.jpg)

As you can notice unfortunately we don't get to see that much of Aayla but it shows her from the rear leading Clonetroopers into battle. (The scene right after you see her frontal view leading troops into battle.) Still nice and worth to add to your collection. :D :)
Isn't it a nice b ... behind? :D (Hopefully some cannonfodder Clonetrooper will stand in front of her to take any blastershots. :p They're expendable anyways. :p) Couldn't have Aayla get shot can we? :D :p
 leXX
07-10-2002, 6:51 PM
Great site Agent Smith, thanx for the link! ;)

This wallpaper found on there kinda proves my Padme Geonosis Arena surviving issue:

http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/wp/circle.jpg)

:D

My Aayla wallpaper is coming along, I will post a link to the beta v2 soon.
 AgentSmith
07-10-2002, 11:47 PM
Yeah that thought crossed my mind too. :p Though Anakin and Mace can protect her from blastershots with their lightsabers at that range, it's still unrealistic. (Then again, it's a movie you know? Since she'still a main character. :p) :)

It's ET Warrior who first found the site, so credit goes to him. I just wanted to post the link here too. :D

That's cool lexx. :) I'm sure you'll have made a great Aayla wallpaper. :)
(When I was nagging out of obsessed fandomness for an Aayla wallpaper that wasn't directed at you or concerning yours lexx. Just so you wouldn't think I'm a freak and rude person ... which I probably am ... but anyways you know what I mean. Wasn't trying to nag at you. :p)
 AgentSmith
07-10-2002, 11:57 PM
I had sent another E-Mail with further questions (While I'm still mulling over the $300 pricetag for the artwork but I do want it! :D Argh obsession! :p) to the Comic Art Warehouse, I got a reply and hereby I post the questions and their answers.

If you shouldn't remember it's regarding the possiblity to do a commission request to Jan Duursema for a Single Figure artwork of Aayla Secura.
(She originally penciled Aayla Secura. My current black and white avatar is from an art drawing of Aayla by Jan Duursema.)

1. Q : Considering the possiblities and methods of
protection for the pencil artwork you mentioned, is it
possible, maybe even recommended to perhaps having the
final artwork laminated?

1. A : No, it is not recommended to laminate the art. It is
possilbe, but not recommended.

2. Q : Is there regardless of the methods of preservation
used (spray, special frame, no direct sunlight) a
degree of wear and/or fading that will occur on the
pencil artwork over time?

2. A : Very hard to say, but the art should last for many,
many years. The more protected, the longer it will last.

3. Q : Is the paper on which the pencil artwork will be
made also acid-free -or perhaps another type of
specific paper- or will it wear with time much like
regular paper?

3. A : Yes, most comic artwork is done on a special art
board that is treated. It will not wear over time like regular
paper does.

4. Q : If and when commissioned, is there an idea or
estimate how long it will take for the artwork to be
completed by Ms Duursema?

4. A : Right now, the time frame is about 8 to 12
weeks. It could take a bit longer, or it could take a
bit less, but that is the average right now.

5. Q : Would it be best if I already supplied you with
reference pictures commented with a detailed -as much
as possible- description of the commission and look of
Aayla Secura I would like?

5. A : Any descriptions provided are welcome. The
only thing is sometimes, you can handcuff the artist in regards
to details and layouts by being too specific. Usually, just
a good description of the layout/pose, what costume and
the scene is all the artists need.

6. Q : Is there currently or will there be in the short
term future any existing artwork, pencil art, inked
artwork, pages featuring Aayla Secura as pencilled by
Ms Jan Duursema available for purchase?

6. A : As of right now, Jan has not said anything to me
about the artwork with Aayla on it. Lucasarts has first rights
to all artwork Star Wars related. If they pass on it, then Jan
can sell them however she chooses.

(Darn you George Lucas!!! Release that Aayla artwork so I can get it all!!! :evil2: )

I hope this is informative to anyone out there that would be interested in such a commission. (Jan Duursema will also do other characters she penciled, mind you.)

Or am I the only Aayla obsessed freak that's considering this? :p
 Exar Kun II
07-11-2002, 11:10 PM
AgentSmith, in the upcoming Star Wars RPG Knights of The Old Republic you'll be able to choose a Twi'lek(hope that's right)as part of your party. So, you'll have Aayla right by your side as you fight evil.:D
 AgentSmith
07-12-2002, 12:54 AM
Really? Kick ass. :D

'Knights of the Old Republic' will be released on Xbox I think, yes? Will it also be released on PC?
Because the upcoming MMORPG 'Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided' will be released on PC later this year as well as on Xbox once their network is really up and running. :) And since both of those games Minimum Requirements are above of what my PC can do I'd need a new PC ... where an Xbox would be cheaper. (And play my DVD's on TV as well. :D )
If I can get 'Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided' I already know what character I'll try to become. :D
 ET Warrior
07-12-2002, 12:59 AM
Knights will release on X-box in october, and on PC in spring next year. :D
I get my X-box tomorrow.........which is excellent!
 AgentSmith
07-12-2002, 1:15 AM
That rocks! I probably will get one sometime, certainly if I want to play my DVD's if I move. :p

But I also want to get an Aayla Secura artwork by Jan Duursema ... :( ... ayay, so many great things and they all cost so much money. :p
 Hannibal
07-12-2002, 2:59 AM
I already have an XBox.:p ;)
Now I'm going to buy a Palm Pilot and a new printer. I just bought a Sony Cybershot Digital Camera. I'm going to buy KOTOR like it was the cure for some disease that I have.
 AgentSmith
07-12-2002, 4:45 AM
Bah! :p If you were really married to Amy Allen you should get her nice things! Not for yourself! :p
I get my babe nice things whenever I can. (Extra cool if it's actually stuff you enjoy yourself too! :p)

I'm just playing. But ... where's the proof I asked for? ;) Proof! Evidence!

If you buy a Sony Cybershot, best is to get one with as many Megapixels as possible, they're up to 4 Megapixels now, the photoquality and size you can achieve is breathtaking. Off course, that will cost you a pretty penny...

Talking about printers, the new HP DeskJet 5550 with the newer Photoret IV from HP looks awesome to print off good quality pictures and all. :) (Since a color laserjet is still a bit expensive! :p) I'd love to get my hands on one of those puppies. :D

And eeuuh .... what's kotor? :confused:
 ET Warrior
07-12-2002, 5:54 AM
KOTOR = Knights Of The Old Republic ;)

I too shall buy that one as soon as i possibly can.......:evil2:
It looks to be great.......isn't Bioware in charge of it?
 Exar Kun II
07-12-2002, 6:13 AM
That SgtfretSurfer site is awesome. I'm going to be making good use of those pics. Avatars, Wallpapers, Christmas cards, fake I.D. photos. . .:D

ET Warrior, Bioware is indeed handling the Knights of the Old Republic. The game has gotten great reviews from everyone who has seen it. It's already been called one of the "Best of E3" games. Reviewers said that this will prove to be THE Star Wars game by which all other future SW games are measured(including SW Galaxies). Hmmmmm.

:)
 ET Warrior
07-12-2002, 6:18 AM
Excellent. Bioware knows what they're doing with games. Baldurs gate and baldurs gate 2 are EXCELLENT games....i am extremely excited for KOTOR!
 AgentSmith
07-12-2002, 1:55 PM
Yeah it does look awesome. Though from the trailer the lightsaber battles don't seem as 'cinematic/dramatic' as those in JKIIJO ... but that could just be an impression. :p

I think I will get it if possible when it's released, it does look fantastic. Especially if you get to have blue Twi'leks in your party ... hubba hubba! :p :lol:

KotOR (thanks for explaining the abbreviation btw) is said to be that awesome and set standards? I heard they were saying the same thing about 'Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided', the minimum hardware requirements for that game will be painstakingly high I fear! :p (And judging by the screenshots! Wow!)
And I thought and felt JKIIJO set standards and raised the bar higher for games. Lucasarts (working with other companies like Raven and Bioware) is coming back in full force with some awesome games aren't they?

I heard great things about Rogue Squadron II Rogue Leader. Star Wars Bounty Hunter looks cool too, running around doing cool blastermoves like Jango. And ... Jetpack! (Though those are both only on Gamecube I think?)
Page: 3 of 19