Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nooo!

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth_Rommel
08-28-2001, 12:40 PM
I broke my arm yesterday- so you won't see me post much... :( And when I do they will all be very short posts.. since I can only type slow :ball:
 JEDI_MASTA
08-28-2001, 12:44 PM
get well soon rom
 Wraith 5
08-28-2001, 12:48 PM
did it hurt???

did you cry like a baby???

j/k;)

But really, how long will you be out???
 Darth_Rommel
08-28-2001, 12:59 PM
Well... I have to wear this humongus full arm cast for about a week, then it will be cut down to my elbow... and I'll keep that for another month... so in all about two months... I can't move my arm at all though... cause my collarbone is broken clean in half! :(
 Wraith 5
08-28-2001, 1:04 PM
bummer, hope you get well soon!!!
 JEDI_MASTA
08-28-2001, 1:12 PM
how did u break it????
 Young David
08-28-2001, 1:23 PM
So there cбn be mirracles ;)

For you I hope you're healthy again when GB ships (imagin breaking your arm the day before it's release)
 Boba Rhett
08-28-2001, 1:37 PM
Awwww. Poor Rommy! :( I'm going to miss your spa... aah... posting. :cool:

So how did it happen? Fall of your bike? Run into a tree? Reached for the mouse to fast? :D Anyway, Get well soon or learn how to type with your tongue! ;)
 Darth_Rommel
08-28-2001, 2:32 PM
Well... I was biking down a hill, and then the brakes locked up... so I went flying over the handle bars... CRUNCH! :(
 Tie Guy
08-28-2001, 3:28 PM
Sorry Rom. Hope you get better soon.

What arm did you break? Do you still have to do schoolwork? :D
 Admiral Odin
08-28-2001, 3:37 PM
that sucks.

but look on the bright side your arm should be fine by the time GB comes out.
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-28-2001, 3:38 PM
That's really too bad. I'm sory Rommel. Hope you get well soon. Maybe everyone will feel sorry for you and be really nice to you. :D Anyway, don't worry. You'll be better before GB comes out. That's an upside. And you'll forever be more careful riding you bike! J/k! :D How did it happen? Did the brakes lock on, or wouldn't the go on?
 Darth_Rommel
08-28-2001, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Sorry Rom. Hope you get better soon.

What arm did you break? Do you still have to do schoolwork? :D

Hehehe... I'm not in school yet ;) I broke my left arm... and you know that wishbone thing that those brakes are hooked up to? That got twisted over, and stuck in the spokes... :o
 Felix29
08-28-2001, 4:03 PM
Yeah, it looks like it hurts... I guess it'll be alot easier to score on you in street hockey! :D
 Lord JayVizIon
08-28-2001, 7:02 PM
sorry to hear that rom, hope you get better real soon so you don't become duck meat when playing others in swgb. just kidding...:D
 xwing guy
08-28-2001, 9:41 PM
Well Rommel you could use a jedi healing trance and get it healed in a short period of time.:D
 oninosensi
08-28-2001, 9:51 PM
Having never broken anything, I wouldn't know how you feel, but still feel for you.

Advice: slow down next time!;)
 Stormtrooper
08-28-2001, 9:56 PM
Ouch!!!!:freakout: That must of hurt,kinda like sticking a broomstick inbetween them spokes...you musta went flying...My record is about 50 feet in mid-air, and it hurt....anyway, i hope you get well soon...and like the others said above, SWGB will cheer you up when it arrives.:)
 Tie Guy
08-28-2001, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Oninosensi
Having never broken anything, I wouldn't know how you feel, but still feel for you.

Advice: slow down next time!;)

Uh....that's the problem, he couldn't slow down first coz his brakes broke.

Anyways, i've never broken anything either, but i can imagine what it is like, so i still know how you feel, Rom. :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-29-2001, 2:43 PM
Wow *sniffs* I never thought I was so well liked :D
 Gamma732
08-29-2001, 2:46 PM
Yeah, I think we're all here for ya. Maybe you'd want to try a program like Talk and Type, or whatever its called. It might help ya with the typing :)
 Paragon_Leon
08-29-2001, 2:48 PM
..unless your mouth is twisted from the fall and you miss a couple of teeth..
then we'd get typed messages like:

'i dnt zzzzppppam'

j/k, get well.. :D
 Kvan
08-29-2001, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by thrawn12786
That's really too bad. I'm sory Rommel. Hope you get well soon. Maybe everyone will feel sorry for you and be really nice to you. :D Anyway, don't worry. You'll be better before GB comes out. That's an upside. And you'll forever be more careful riding you bike! J/k! :D How did it happen? Did the brakes lock on, or wouldn't the go on?
Be nice to him?! HAHAHA! Now is the time to take advantage of him!!
So rommel, did your bone brake through your skin?
 Darth_Rommel
08-29-2001, 2:55 PM
My collarbone did :( Or... atleast parts of it ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-29-2001, 2:59 PM
Ewwwwww....... what a gory question... and answer! ;) It must have been worse of a tumble then I thought! Poor poor rommy...:(

Anyone else have soemthing like that happen to them? :eek:
 Young David
08-29-2001, 3:04 PM
Well ... I got kicked by someone who crowdsurfed with his feet forward once ...

I kicked my head against the wall of the school once and the whole school trembled once ...

I had three balls hit at my head very hard and very short after each other once in a game called 'doodschoppertje' (variant van trefbal) ...

I fell from my skates once with both my legs going forward up the same time, so I fel on my 'tail-bone' ... very painfull ...

But I never broke anything tough :)
 Darth_Rommel
08-29-2001, 3:04 PM
Once I got some teeth knocked out... Strangely enough, I was on a bike ;)
 Kvan
08-29-2001, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by Young David
Well ... I got kicked by someone who crowdsurfed with his feet forward once ...

I kicked my head against the wall of the school once and the whole school trembled once ...

I had three balls hit at my head very hard and very short after each other once in a game called 'doodschoppertje' (variant van trefbal) ...

I fell from my skates once with both my legs going forward up the same time, so I fel on my 'tail-bone' ... very painfull ...

But I never broke anything tough :)
Sounds like a lot of bad things happen to your head a lot YD :D
So Rommel, was there a lot of blood? Did they have to call an ambulance?
 Darth_Rommel
08-29-2001, 3:16 PM
No... my shoulder/collarbone bled a bit. A man walking his dog came and helped me to his car, and took me to the hospital... I wasn't in much pain at first (shock), but later it really started to hurt :ball: I was about a mile/two miles from home...
 Young David
Originally posted by Kvan

Sounds like a lot of bad things happen to your head a lot YD :D

Yeah ... it's a good thing my brains are so well protected :D
 Boba Rhett
Gather round children and hear but a few tales of my pain on woe.

1. Fell of the stairs and had my leg impaled on a metal rod. Couldn't walk for 3 months.

2. Golf ball cracked my collar bone when someone, "my brother" through it at me. :mad:

3. Dived for a ball and broke my pinky and the teacher didn't believe it was broken so I went through the rest of the school day with even a ice pack! :mad: that basta....

4. As a prank the upper grade kids turned off the lights, clogged the sink and then let it flood the bathroom floor. I walked in, slipped, fell, then someone else fell on top of me. I broke my tail bone and cracked my hip.

5. I suffer from osteochondrona in my left leg. It's basically a bone growth coming off my femur and in the last few years, it has managed to poke a whole through my muscle and makes me limp sometimes.

that's all I can bare to discuss right now. :o
 Kvan
08-29-2001, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Gather round children and hear but a few tales of my pain on woe.

1. Fell of the stairs and had my leg impaled on a metal rod. Couldn't walk for 3 months.

2. Golf ball cracked my collar bone when someone, "my brother" through it at me. :mad:

3. Dived for a ball and broke my pinky and the teacher didn't believe it was broken so I went through the rest of the school day with even a ice pack! :mad: that basta....

4. As a prank the upper grade kids turned off the lights, clogged the sink and then let it flood the bathroom floor. I walked in, slipped, fell, then someone else fell on top of me. I broke my tail bone and cracked my hip.

5. I suffer from osteochondrona in my left leg. It's basically a bone growth coming off my femur and in the last few years, it has managed to poke a whole through my muscle and makes me limp sometimes.

that's all I can bare to discuss right now. :o
Impaled your leg? Ergh!
I'm sorry but 5. was kind of funny. Not that you got hurt but what happened!
 Young David
08-29-2001, 3:24 PM
Did I mention already that I once overstreched my neck-muscle during a camp?

I woke and found out that muscle hurt and couldn't move it, nad it hurt like ... you know. I couldn't get up because of it. All the other guys tought I was lazy because I was still in bed and they all stapled on top of me ... auch.

After that I told everyone what was the case so they wouldn't do it next morning anymore ... But ...

Next night I slept somewhere else, so the guys didn't know it was me ... The thought the same as the morning before and did the same thing as the morning before ... again !!!

auch
 Tie Guy
08-29-2001, 5:21 PM
Ok, i've never been seriously injured in my life. I once did a backflip on my trampoline and land square on the outer metal pole with my shins, and i didn't even get a bruise.

But....i have a much less fortunate friend, and he is a major klutz, the biggest one i know. Let me explain his misfortunes to you, it is quite funny.

Ok, he is 15, and he has already had 2 knee surgeries and he doesn't even play sports, he just had messed up knees. Oh, and he had one surgery on each knee.

He has broken about 15 bones. He has broken all his fingers on on hand, and some of them twice. He has broken his collar bone, each leg, and his left arm twice. He's broken 2 or 3 of his ribs too. How did he do all this? I have no idea, but he did. You might say that he have a talent for doing stupid things. :D
 Kvan
08-29-2001, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Ok, i've never been seriously injured in my life. I once did a backflip on my trampoline and land square on the outer metal pole with my shins, and i didn't even get a bruise.

But....i have a much less fortunate friend, and he is a major klutz, the biggest one i know. Let me explain his misfortunes to you, it is quite funny.

Ok, he is 15, and he has already had 2 knee surgeries and he doesn't even play sports, he just had messed up knees. Oh, and he had one surgery on each knee.

He has broken about 15 bones. He has broken all his fingers on on hand, and some of them twice. He has broken his collar bone, each leg, and his left arm twice. He's broken 2 or 3 of his ribs too. How did he do all this? I have no idea, but he did. You might say that he have a talent for doing stupid things. :D
Are you sure your not talking about yourself, Tie? It sounds a lot like "A friend of mine..." type stories where the "friend" turns out to be the person telling the story :D
 Tie Guy
08-29-2001, 6:44 PM
Nope, i told you in the beginning that i have never been seriously injured in my life. That guy really isn't me, and he is also hilarious, if not stupid. He was at my school for about 6 years or so.
 xwing guy
08-29-2001, 10:40 PM
Well last year in 7th grade football I got a sparined thumb and a sprained ankle. I nearly stepped on a water mossican once and for you city folks that don't know its a very piosionuos water snake and it was over 3 feet long and we live out in the country where your 10 minutes from town so if I had stepped on it... well it wouldn't have been good for me and I didn't see it cause out here in Texas in the country the sun's bright so you have to walk with your head down so it won't be in your eyes and you have to watch for cow paddies and critters and other stuff so I guess I wasn't wacthing to close was I.
 JEDI_MASTA
08-29-2001, 10:46 PM
man that wouldve hurt i got attacked by a wolf before and im not lieng:D
 Boba Rhett
08-30-2001, 1:15 AM
Oh yeah, well I've been attacked by a police dog before. :cool:
 Gamma732
08-30-2001, 1:27 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Oh yeah, well I've been attacked by a police dog before. :cool:

Doesn't have anything to do with smoking does it? ;)

Anyone know what an Alpien(sp?) Slide is? Well, I managed to flip the little sled I was riding down one in...ripped open my left ankle, knee, elbow, wrist, and ear....well, the ear wasen't really bad. And luckily my right side is my dominant side so it was painful, I was able to carry on relatively normally.

And for the record, NO, I was NOT intentionally trying to flip the thing.

EDIT: Ok, to prevent further confusion, an alpein slide is a cement channel usually, down the side of a mountain in which you ride a sled down it. It looks just like the aquaducts in JK. If anyone knows what I'm talking about speak up so I don't sound like a moron......whoops...too late ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-30-2001, 1:47 AM
Man, you must of been going lik 45mph! And no, it wasn't because of wacky weedus. Let's just say, they don't take kindly to people picking up their frisbees......
 Gamma732
08-30-2001, 1:58 AM
Well, it wasen't a full flip. It kinda jumped and forced me to land on my left side(It never actually came to a stop till after I got right side up again and forced it to stop). I didn't know quite how to explain it, so I said 'flip'.(Was that confusing or what?). I was going fast....but I don't think it was to fast.....But for all you Alpein Sliders out there: Break into turns!!
 Paragon_Leon
08-30-2001, 5:03 AM
Never broke a thing. In fact, never been in the hospital as well for that matter. Some are made of steel... :D
This thread has that veteran-style 'let me show you my scar' feel..
 Young David
08-30-2001, 5:09 AM
That's because the older you get, the more scars you had ...

I have skates now, so maybe you get a nice accident storrie from me once ...

(Did I already tell how much pain you can get when you lose your VIP card during a Supertones concert?)
 Paragon_Leon
08-30-2001, 5:25 AM
Never had that problem either... i show my official Paragon_Leon smilie and walk right through... :D
 Thrawn
08-30-2001, 4:07 PM
OUUCCHHHH!!! I know how you feel Rommel. I had to go to the dentist last night and get FOUR fillings. My mouth was open for over an hour and a half. Plus the cavities were of course all the way in the back of my mouth. Yikes. AND, this is the worst part, I had too much gum covering a back tooth (my mouth is really small), so he took a laser and burned, yes, burned of the part of the gum! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Now my gum is all swelled and very sore. This morning I couldn't clench my teeth together, because it would hit the sore part of my gum. :( :mad: :(
 Felix29
08-30-2001, 4:08 PM
4 cavities! Do you brush your teeth at all? j/k :D
 Thrawn
08-30-2001, 4:20 PM
Yeah! Every morning and night infact! How can I possibly get so many cavities when I brush twice a day?! I think the dentist just wanted more money! Well he can take his :swear: cavities and shove them up-What? Oh, sorry. I got a little carried away. Hehe. Ouch!!! :mad:
 Tie Guy
08-30-2001, 5:46 PM
Some people just have bad teeth by nature. I brush and floss as well, but i'm more open to getting cavities. It the same with my mom, and it sounds like the same with you.

Oh, and Leon, i'm one of those "steel" people like you. I hardly ever get sick either. I've got an incredible immune system, and a great metabolism. I eat like you wouldn't think possible for a 15 year old, and i'm still really skinny. My sister on the other hand.......:D My ony real physical problem is i get cramps easily, and my teeth aren't any good.
 darthfergie
08-30-2001, 5:59 PM
Have you ever had one thumb cut off (completely including the bone) and hanging for your hand (3 times people!!!) . Once by a knife once by a jagged edge of a broken mug (slipped:( ) And the last...um...I don't really remeber all I remeber is hanging by a small amount of skin. Needless to say it wasn't a very happy thumb for a long time.:o
Page: 1 of 2