Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TCs these days...

Page: 1 of 1
 TalonOrs
06-27-2000, 10:05 AM
Am I the only one who is absolutly sick about all these new TCs comming out? They seem to have all this promise and appeal and then, when its half done, nothing. They never get done! The Darth Maul TC, RoX, and the StarCraft TC... All these would be awsome but people never actualy get these things done!

------------------
your friendly neighborhood stalker, - Talon Ors
 Kylilin
06-27-2000, 3:14 PM
whats a TC? If I may ask
 BeastMaster
06-27-2000, 3:55 PM
TCs are Total Conversions. They change aspects of their games (JK or MotS, for our purposes) entirely. They usually include single-player campaigns, new skins, new weapons & Force powers, new enemies, and sometimes new MP arenas.

PCs are Partial Conversions, containing some or all of the above, but not intended to be completely playable on their own. A typical PC would include MP arenas, skins, and new weapons & Force powers, but no single-player option.

I'm actually planning a few PCs (and one TC) myself, but for the PCs I plan to do most of the work myself (but I'll need levels and cogs if anyone's interested), and the TC I don't seriously expect to turn into anything (it'll probably collapse into patches and PCs by the time I'm done).

For more info, await the birth of my own site (sometime this week), The BeastMaster's Den.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 imajedix
06-30-2000, 6:45 AM
rox has been in development for as long as i can remember. its not been abandoned, its still going strong! that means when it is released, it'll be awesome!
 Kurgan
06-30-2000, 8:22 PM
Hey, if people want to start them and work on them.. why stop them?

That's what I say. Sure alot won't get finished, but if even a few do, that's good news. Might as well let us try. ; )

Kurgan
 Tycho_Celchu
06-30-2000, 9:47 PM
Well, what's messed up with some TCs is that the hopeful leader says "We need level makers, coggers, 3doers, skinners, and just about everything else you can think of." Why don't they just say that they want to feel powerful by getting their name on the readme of a 's00p3r 133t' TC by doing nothing?
 BeastMaster
07-03-2000, 3:56 PM
In case anyone cares, my new site's up at http://www.geocities.com/mark_a_brown/central.html) .

There's not much now, but soon. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/cool.gif)

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Kurgan
07-03-2000, 11:55 PM
I agree it does seem a bit absurd. Many folks think that just because they have (in their mind at least) a great idea, that people will beat down their door to help and make the TC and get it released.

Most of those types fail, because of lack of support, and because the people working on it tend not to know one another, and thus be less dedicated to getting it done.

Still, I wouldn't discourage these folks if they want to try... I would only doubt the effectiveness of their approach. My advice is to get something done first, to show you're serious, and set realistic goals.

Kurgan
 Dark Jedi
07-05-2000, 6:17 AM
Well it does take a lot of effort to make a TC, even if it is a bad one. One thing I wouldn't mind is if people who are shutting down their operation would tell the people who are interested in it. This reminds me of Jedi Fortress. I don't know who remembers it. It was (or might still be) at www.jediknight.net/fortress) (http://www.jediknight.net/fortress) I think. After a year or two of nothing happening I wondered what happened and emailed the creators of Jedi Fortress and they said that they gave up on it a long time ago but the space was never shut down. I was grateful of their reply, to know what happened at least. What do other people think about this?
By the way, look at my post in the Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith section.
Page: 1 of 1