Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

have ?'s on stoping TF n DM without wooks

Page: 1 of 1
 something_fett
05-05-2002, 5:50 AM
hey im kind of new to this game but not on how to playing becasue im a xpert in Age of empires...... im looking for a strat on how to kill all these sorry TF players in a DEATCHMATCH game. i can do it with wooks but for some stupid reason they seem to be banned...... so if u can give me a strat for any other civ so i can beat some TF butt wit out my wooks

thanx :fett:
 Squires
05-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Well, i'm a TF player myself, and I am very reliant on destroyer droids. any strike force consists mainly of DD's along with other supporting units. The biggest weakness I have is against air units. A HUGE swarm of fightrers,enough to overwhelm my anti-air defense would devadstate my forces.
 Automaton
05-05-2002, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by something_fett
hey im kind of new to this game but not on how to playing becasue im a xpert in Age of empires...... im looking for a strat on how to kill all these sorry TF players in a DEATCHMATCH game. i can do it with wooks but for some stupid reason they seem to be banned...... so if u can give me a strat for any other civ so i can beat some TF butt wit out my wooks

thanx :fett:

If they're banning Wookies then they're a bunch of scrubs. I think it's retarded for people to try to create rules for a game that doesn't have those rules hardwired into the actual coding, such as "no rush 30 mins" rules and stuff that you'd see on StarCraft. Banning an entire race because they reliably beat everyone's favorite race is equally scrubby, and I simply wouldn't play against those people. They either let you play Wookies or you don't play with them at all. Go to http://www.sirlin.net) for more information on scrubs.
 Rogue15
05-06-2002, 12:08 AM
dude...assault mechs and mech destroyers.
 wiseman2087
05-12-2002, 4:22 AM
geniuses, in dm wooks were banned because they completely raped every other civ, the artilery is unstoppable, and fed are the best civ in dm plain and simple, though galactic empire is close, u want new strats wait till the exp pack u winey little babies
 wiseman2087
05-12-2002, 4:24 AM
in dm wooks are banned because their artilery beats every other unit in the game, so for now feds are the best civ, the only civ that is close is empire and feds are much faster, so either learn to play feds, of wait till exp pack u bunch of winey pricks. and have a nice day
 Koenig
05-13-2002, 2:15 PM
for a wiseman, you aint very wise.

No side should be top, by banning wookiees, the TF by your own admition are top.Its these sort of people, that think just because someone beat them soundly with Wookiees they should be banned, it really makes me sick.Hell If I loose I don't care, I just have fun, some people take this far too seriously.
As for wookiee artillery being unstoppable, thats not right.I've defeated artillery rushes, with handfulls of troops.A group of Grenade troopers are particularly affective
 Automaton
05-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by wiseman2087
in dm wooks are banned because their artilery beats every other unit in the game, so for now feds are the best civ, the only civ that is close is empire and feds are much faster, so either learn to play feds, of wait till exp pack u bunch of winey pricks. and have a nice day

I'm only replying to one of your double-posts. First of all, DM is a completely irrelevant format, and shouldn't be even considered for players that call themselves expert. Not that I'm an expert, just that I know enough to know scrubs when I see them, and if a StarCraft player that plays on money maps with no rush rules is a scrub, then eliminating the necessity for that and starting on t4 with 10000 of every resource is equally scrubby. Scrub. And if you can't spell "you", I wouldn't waste my time hunting and pecking to call us all "pricks", fool. The point to banning a race is to prevent everyone from using the same race. The Trade Federation has a carbon gathering penalty for a reason, and playing them at t4 post-boom with 10000 carbon eliminates that penalty altogether, which makes them thoroughly dominant in their own right. Would you rather everyone play Wookiees or Trade Federation? This hints not only at the degeneracy of the DM players but also the lack of racial balance within GB, and I feel that the DM format shouldn't be taken seriously, although I'm not saying it should be removed altogether. The true skill in playing GB is in micromanaging an economy whilst fighting, a skill few DM players seem to have. In conclusion, "wiseman", I would think about using some mouthwash before you come here and spew verbal flatulance.
 jedi3112
06-01-2002, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by Koenig
for a wiseman, you aint very wise.

No side should be top, by banning wookiees, the TF by your own admition are top.Its these sort of people, that think just because someone beat them soundly with Wookiees they should be banned, it really makes me sick.Hell If I loose I don't care, I just have fun, some people take this far too seriously.
As for wookiee artillery being unstoppable, thats not right.I've defeated artillery rushes, with handfulls of troops.A group of Grenade troopers are particularly affective

I must say I think :sspeeder: is also very effective against artillery and other vehicles not just mechs
 JEDI_MASTA
06-02-2002, 12:44 PM
ok guys... I agree wooks arent that great... and that artillery can be beaten... but it outranges EVERYTHING but cannons... also... they dont even beat tf that easy... u must be playing against some pretty sad TF players then.

A hint... GUNGANS!!!! ... they have no real weakness... and I feel they are the best civ in dm... the only problem is they are SOOO damn slow. but they beat tf every time hands down with players of equal skill.

As for the validity of DM, nobody ever said RM was the way ur supposed to play... your starting recs dont last forever. Iv also found that your econ has to be better in dm to support a massive army... in Rm all you have to do is beat your opponent to tech 3 and hit him with like 3 jedi a mech destroyer and an assault mech and an aa trooper lol... and this is like 20 minutes into the game. in DM u hafta be ready for an attack within 5 minutes... probably more like 3.

And btw... dont tell me I cant spell u
 Kryllith
06-05-2002, 3:34 PM
Well seeing as assault mechs aren't available til tech 4...

Kryllith
 AU_Andy_Ewok
06-08-2002, 8:45 AM
In RM your starting food goes in the first 20 seconds.
In RM your Carbon in gone in the first minutes
In RM half your Nova is gone in the first 30 seconds.

In DM how long does your food last?
In DM how long does your carbon last?
In DM how long does your nova last?

A bigger economy in DM is rubbish. You don't need to upgrade anything. In RM you have to rupgrade everything. DM is just clicking faster than others.

I would also love to see you get 3 Jedi, a Mech Destroyer, an assult mech and AA trooper after 20 mins in an RM. 850 nova for the Jedis (including the research) and 550 food. 100 food and 175 carbon for the Mech Destroyer. Im not even gonna waste my time on the Assult Mech and AA trooper.
 Kryllith
06-10-2002, 6:23 PM
Just curious, what are you spending half your nova on in the first 30 seconds? Mounted troopers perhaps? (I usually don't spend any of my nova until Tech II, unless someone starts over very close and I decide to rush in Tech I.) Then again, I suppose training worker defense might cost nova, can't remember.

Kryllith
 jlp_89
06-11-2002, 10:35 AM
if wooks are the best why don"t they be the wooks
 AU_Andy_Ewok
06-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Basic training is 50 nova.
 Kryllith
06-12-2002, 2:57 PM
That certainly explains it. I've been playing on high resources because my friend (who I MP with) likes starting with high, so I barely notice the effect basic training has on me.

Kryllith
 Grey_Leader11
06-16-2002, 12:36 PM
:atat:s
Page: 1 of 1